Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Villa game-a Must Win. 04:49 - Oct 22 with 6394 viewsjohnhoop

I know you invite any amount of scorn and piss-taking onto yourself by declaring any game to be "must win" at this stage of the season and it obviously isn't in the sense that if we don't get 3 points we will immediately be relegated.
The consequences of failing to win next Monday could however be pretty dire. With Chelsea and Man City next up, the chances of getting any points from those two, while not impossible, are pretty remote. That would mean that if we were still on 4 points after 3 more games we would very likely be 8-10 points adrift of the 4th bottom club. Unless all the teams immediately above the drop zone lost all their next 3 games which is possible but pretty unlikely.
A gap of that size would mean we would have a hell of a lot of catching up to do in the "winnable" games that would follow.
Villa game-a Must Win. on 12:56 - Oct 22 with 1690 viewsjohnhoop

I remember that game-Mackie did a great job on his own up front and scored with a header. If we think our striking resources are poor now it puts it into perspective a bit when you remember we had to play Mackie on his own up front against Villa and Tarbs on his own against Chelsea.
Villa game-a Must Win. on 12:58 - Oct 22 with 1685 viewsisawqpratwcity

sorry, while still within any realm of rationality, it is too early to be talking about must-win games.

please address your panic more appropriately.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Villa game-a Must Win. on 13:14 - Oct 22 with 1657 viewsThGrimRanger

Villa game-a Must Win. on 06:30 - Oct 22 by Lblock

I'm with you fella

I still have the scorn thrown my way after saying Hull was a must win / must not lose; I keep it in a bag under my stairs

We are ALREADY two wins combined with two defeats for four teams above us from getting out of the drop zone. By the next international break that it COULD be four wins on the spin needed combined with five or six defeats on the spin by those above. A nigh on impossible task

That's why I said Hull was so important. It would've given us early home momentum and there wouldn't be a gap now. A point against the Mickeys would also of been very handy in reducing the gap likely to be in place by the next international break

Candle Face has set us up to be doomed from early doors and TF telling him he needs to get 4 points from 4 games at dinner (my gut feeling) is just too late

Accept yee fate yee scurvy dogs

the championship, whoops, sorry i meant the conference beckons

TheGrimRanger

Villa game-a Must Win. on 13:15 - Oct 22 with 1656 viewsTacticalR

Villa game-a Must Win. on 12:47 - Oct 22 by W7Ranger

Derby?

Or failing that, Stoke at home with Cisse's last minute winner.

That aside, Redknapp's last game in charge could be Villa at home - which is ironic as his first home game in charge was..... Villa! Mackie up front on his own with a header in a 1-1 draw. That was a game we should've fcuking won an' all!!

That was an 'Ought-to-have-Won-Game'. We do a lot of those.

Air hostess clique

Villa game-a Must Win. on 13:33 - Oct 22 with 1638 viewsWestminsteRs

Rio looks like he'll be ready and raring to go...
http://www.footballfancast.com/premiership/queens-park-rangers/a-change-of-caree
Villa game-a Must Win. on 14:20 - Oct 22 with 1589 viewsW13R

Villa game-a Must Win. on 12:09 - Oct 22 by adhoc_qpr

Can anyone remember the last time we won a 'must win' game in the prem?

Probably back under Hughes in his first season in charge? Or maybe against Soton is our very brief attempt to arrest our relegation plunge under Redknapp last time?

Can anyone remember a good game under Redknapp, certainly not once McClaren left or before he started? That says it all to me, the bloke is clueless.
Villa game-a Must Win. on 15:20 - Oct 22 with 1552 viewsMatch82

Villa game-a Must Win. on 12:56 - Oct 22 by johnhoop

I remember that game-Mackie did a great job on his own up front and scored with a header. If we think our striking resources are poor now it puts it into perspective a bit when you remember we had to play Mackie on his own up front against Villa and Tarbs on his own against Chelsea.

Didn't agyemang get a game in the premier league once?
Villa game-a Must Win. on 15:30 - Oct 22 with 1530 viewswombat

Villa game-a Must Win. on 15:20 - Oct 22 by Match82

Didn't agyemang get a game in the premier league once?

everton away wasn't it , we won 1/0

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Login to get fewer ads

Villa game-a Must Win. on 15:34 - Oct 22 with 1532 viewsMatch82

Villa game-a Must Win. on 15:30 - Oct 22 by wombat

everton away wasn't it , we won 1/0

Ah, so we've found the formula to winning away games in the premier league...
Villa game-a Must Win. on 17:15 - Oct 22 with 1490 viewspaulparker

Villa game-a Must Win. on 15:34 - Oct 22 by Match82

Ah, so we've found the formula to winning away games in the premier league...

He then played the following game against Wigan and was dire, he even missed an open goal at 0-0 ,
We then went on to lose 0-2

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Villa game-a Must Win. on 20:46 - Oct 22 with 1434 viewsHayesender

Villa game-a Must Win. on 17:15 - Oct 22 by paulparker

He then played the following game against Wigan and was dire, he even missed an open goal at 0-0 ,
We then went on to lose 0-2

Joey Barton sitting in the stands trying to work out how to unsign something

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Villa game-a Must Win. on 21:13 - Oct 22 with 1421 viewsLblock

Villa game-a Must Win. on 13:33 - Oct 22 by WestminsteRs

Rio looks like he'll be ready and raring to go...
http://www.footballfancast.com/premiership/queens-park-rangers/a-change-of-caree

What a fcukin prize 'un.

Was that a snippet of Ashley BumCole as well?

Still... keeping fresh, keeping sharp, keeping fit, keeping the self promotion intact ya get me star?

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Villa game-a Must Win. on 09:13 - Oct 23 with 1372 viewsCiderwithRsie

Villa game-a Must Win. on 06:30 - Oct 22 by Lblock

I'm with you fella

I still have the scorn thrown my way after saying Hull was a must win / must not lose; I keep it in a bag under my stairs

We are ALREADY two wins combined with two defeats for four teams above us from getting out of the drop zone. By the next international break that it COULD be four wins on the spin needed combined with five or six defeats on the spin by those above. A nigh on impossible task

That's why I said Hull was so important. It would've given us early home momentum and there wouldn't be a gap now. A point against the Mickeys would also of been very handy in reducing the gap likely to be in place by the next international break

Candle Face has set us up to be doomed from early doors and TF telling him he needs to get 4 points from 4 games at dinner (my gut feeling) is just too late

Accept yee fate yee scurvy dogs

Granted what we all know i.e. it's only a must-win if otherwise you're mathematically doomed, I don't think you were too silly about Hull. I know when we couldn't beat Hull, at home, with all the new-season optimism swishing about, and couldn't even save a point or score a goal at home when offered a late pen, bloody great alarm bells started ringing in my head.

Trouble is, if you accept that we aren't going to get too many points against the Champions' league contenders, and a draw away from home is a good result for us vs most teams, you're left with about 10-15 home games you think we've got a good chance of winning, to get most of our points from. But most of them will be games the opposition are thinking they've got a chance of an away point at least at, and they've got pretty much the same prob as us. So a few defeats against, say, Hull or Villa really hurt.

That's why Redknapp's willingness to just write off games like West Ham or Southampton away is so criminal - you need to nick a result or two in those games to buy a bit of slack.
Villa game-a Must Win. on 09:28 - Oct 23 with 1357 viewsPinnerPaul

I'm still sticking to my formula for happiness /despair points wise

We need to win another 9 games, draw 9 games, which means we can only lose another 12.

Looking at it like that a loss to Villa just makes it that bit more difficult to get the points required!

Keeps ME sane at least!
Villa game-a Must Win. on 12:24 - Oct 23 with 1323 viewskropotkin41

Villa game-a Must Win. on 09:28 - Oct 23 by PinnerPaul

I'm still sticking to my formula for happiness /despair points wise

We need to win another 9 games, draw 9 games, which means we can only lose another 12.

Looking at it like that a loss to Villa just makes it that bit more difficult to get the points required!

Keeps ME sane at least!

They've lost 4 in a row, we've just found some mojo - albeit in a peculiarly QPR fashion - whilst this may not be must win, it is a massively capitalised SHOULD WIN!

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Villa game-a Must Win. on 12:51 - Oct 23 with 1270 viewsPinnerPaul

Villa game-a Must Win. on 12:24 - Oct 23 by kropotkin41

They've lost 4 in a row, we've just found some mojo - albeit in a peculiarly QPR fashion - whilst this may not be must win, it is a massively capitalised SHOULD WIN!

Agree - Remarkably even the bookies make us favourites (7/5) Villa (21/10) - Paddy Power odds.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024