Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Villa game-a Must Win. 04:49 - Oct 22 with 6418 viewsjohnhoop

I know you invite any amount of scorn and piss-taking onto yourself by declaring any game to be "must win" at this stage of the season and it obviously isn't in the sense that if we don't get 3 points we will immediately be relegated.
The consequences of failing to win next Monday could however be pretty dire. With Chelsea and Man City next up, the chances of getting any points from those two, while not impossible, are pretty remote. That would mean that if we were still on 4 points after 3 more games we would very likely be 8-10 points adrift of the 4th bottom club. Unless all the teams immediately above the drop zone lost all their next 3 games which is possible but pretty unlikely.
A gap of that size would mean we would have a hell of a lot of catching up to do in the "winnable" games that would follow.
Villa game-a Must Win. on 06:30 - Oct 22 with 4722 viewsLblock

I'm with you fella

I still have the scorn thrown my way after saying Hull was a must win / must not lose; I keep it in a bag under my stairs

We are ALREADY two wins combined with two defeats for four teams above us from getting out of the drop zone. By the next international break that it COULD be four wins on the spin needed combined with five or six defeats on the spin by those above. A nigh on impossible task

That's why I said Hull was so important. It would've given us early home momentum and there wouldn't be a gap now. A point against the Mickeys would also of been very handy in reducing the gap likely to be in place by the next international break

Candle Face has set us up to be doomed from early doors and TF telling him he needs to get 4 points from 4 games at dinner (my gut feeling) is just too late

Accept yee fate yee scurvy dogs

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Villa game-a Must Win. on 07:24 - Oct 22 with 4681 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Villa game-a Must Win. on 06:30 - Oct 22 by Lblock

I'm with you fella

I still have the scorn thrown my way after saying Hull was a must win / must not lose; I keep it in a bag under my stairs

We are ALREADY two wins combined with two defeats for four teams above us from getting out of the drop zone. By the next international break that it COULD be four wins on the spin needed combined with five or six defeats on the spin by those above. A nigh on impossible task

That's why I said Hull was so important. It would've given us early home momentum and there wouldn't be a gap now. A point against the Mickeys would also of been very handy in reducing the gap likely to be in place by the next international break

Candle Face has set us up to be doomed from early doors and TF telling him he needs to get 4 points from 4 games at dinner (my gut feeling) is just too late

Have some more scorn for still calling Hull a must-win
Villa game-a Must Win. on 07:52 - Oct 22 with 4655 viewsYorkRanger

Understand the point being made, not sure about must win but if we get beat - well that doesn't bear thinking about....
Villa game-a Must Win. on 08:27 - Oct 22 with 4623 viewsDiscodroids

dont say that john ..harold supporters find that kind of statement a bit hard to swallow.

i think of them like the chernobal plant managers refusing to believe their eyes when looking at the figures on their geiger counters, a bit like harolds catastrophic premiership fibonacci sequence figures .

dangerously high levels of irradiated football resulting in sterile performances with no sperm count, or spunk....as our away performances would indicate.

even the board like the kremlin, ignore the evidence before them, when a swift ION toe capped boot up comrades harolds jacksie into the salt mines is needed.

https://www.sounddogs.com/previews/2106/mp3/277706_SOUNDDOGS__ge.mp3
[Post edited 22 Oct 2014 8:30]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Villa game-a Must Win. on 08:39 - Oct 22 with 4616 viewsMytch_QPR

I don't make you wrong, John.
I've been saying for a while (to anyone who cares to listen) that we need a minimum of 15 points by the end of the year - otherwise I really think it could be game over before we get into the Jan transfer window.
Let's assume that we might get 7 points out of our homes games v Leics, Burnley & WBA, plus nick a draw somewhere on the road (Newcastle or Swansea), then it's vital that we put ourselves on 7 points by the end of the month.

All speculative, I know, but other than the Palace game on 28 Dec I don't see where the points are going to come from.

Edit: reading that back, I realise that all of the above is blindingly obvious and most well informed and intelligent users of this forum will have worked this out for themselves. In other news: bears discovered to be using woodland areas as a toilet...
[Post edited 22 Oct 2014 9:03]

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Villa game-a Must Win. on 09:02 - Oct 22 with 4581 viewskropotkin41

We've had so many "must win" games during Harry's glorious spell in charge of us in the PL, the thing is that being one doesn't seem to make any difference at all to our chances of winning.

What you could at least say under MH in the season we stayed up was that "must win" games felt like that, felt like we were scrapping to survive. Under Harry (Sunday's glimmer of hope aside) I've barely felt like any scrapping was going on at all

Whatever the result on Monday - and gawd I hope we win - it's more important that we see fight than anything. A season can be rescued very late, we know that, but not by a group of players who aren't a team, led by a manager and coaches who don't look interested or even capable of steering the ship in a different direction.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Villa game-a Must Win. on 09:26 - Oct 22 with 4554 viewsQPunkR

Villa game-a Must Win. on 09:02 - Oct 22 by kropotkin41

We've had so many "must win" games during Harry's glorious spell in charge of us in the PL, the thing is that being one doesn't seem to make any difference at all to our chances of winning.

What you could at least say under MH in the season we stayed up was that "must win" games felt like that, felt like we were scrapping to survive. Under Harry (Sunday's glimmer of hope aside) I've barely felt like any scrapping was going on at all

Whatever the result on Monday - and gawd I hope we win - it's more important that we see fight than anything. A season can be rescued very late, we know that, but not by a group of players who aren't a team, led by a manager and coaches who don't look interested or even capable of steering the ship in a different direction.

Thing is, when we rescued ourselves late on last time (with a large slice of help from other teams), it had nothing to do with the manager. The crowd at Loftus Road spurred the players on, plus we had the likes of Mackie, Hill, Derry etc in the team then, players who - no matter their level - played with passion and pride.
Most of those types have been moved on over the intervening seasons though, more's the pity, and Clint doesn't even make the bench ahead of bloody Rio

QPR - "shit but local"

Villa game-a Must Win. on 09:34 - Oct 22 with 4527 viewsjohncharles

Villa game-a Must Win. on 08:39 - Oct 22 by Mytch_QPR

I don't make you wrong, John.
I've been saying for a while (to anyone who cares to listen) that we need a minimum of 15 points by the end of the year - otherwise I really think it could be game over before we get into the Jan transfer window.
Let's assume that we might get 7 points out of our homes games v Leics, Burnley & WBA, plus nick a draw somewhere on the road (Newcastle or Swansea), then it's vital that we put ourselves on 7 points by the end of the month.

All speculative, I know, but other than the Palace game on 28 Dec I don't see where the points are going to come from.

Edit: reading that back, I realise that all of the above is blindingly obvious and most well informed and intelligent users of this forum will have worked this out for themselves. In other news: bears discovered to be using woodland areas as a toilet...
[Post edited 22 Oct 2014 9:03]

But is it obvious to Fernandes ? Every day with Redknapp in charge is a day lost. I think we could beat Villa on Monday if Harry was sacked today (Yesterday would have been better) and Hoddle and Ferdinand, with Hill as coach, were put in charge provisionally.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2014 9:35]

Strong and stable my arse.

Login to get fewer ads

Villa game-a Must Win. on 09:45 - Oct 22 with 4495 viewspaulparker

If you look at it from Villa's view its a must win for them as well
As I said earlier Lambert seems to have our number and I can see a draw or a defeat here ,
after Saturdays games we could be even more adrift and the nerves and pressure will be to much
if Arry plays his axis of evil in Traore , Rio and Phillips in this one then we are fcuked

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Villa game-a Must Win. on 10:03 - Oct 22 with 4461 viewsPunteR

Villa game-a Must Win. on 08:27 - Oct 22 by Discodroids

dont say that john ..harold supporters find that kind of statement a bit hard to swallow.

i think of them like the chernobal plant managers refusing to believe their eyes when looking at the figures on their geiger counters, a bit like harolds catastrophic premiership fibonacci sequence figures .

dangerously high levels of irradiated football resulting in sterile performances with no sperm count, or spunk....as our away performances would indicate.

even the board like the kremlin, ignore the evidence before them, when a swift ION toe capped boot up comrades harolds jacksie into the salt mines is needed.

https://www.sounddogs.com/previews/2106/mp3/277706_SOUNDDOGS__ge.mp3
[Post edited 22 Oct 2014 8:30]

Not sure there's many of them left.. Rednapp supporters not Chernobyl plant managers.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Villa game-a Must Win. on 10:11 - Oct 22 with 4435 viewsSpiritofGregory

We have all been saying for weeks that Harry should be replaced and Fernandes has chosen to be stubborn and keep Harry on. Fernandes had his head in his hands at the end of the game on Saturday yes the players did try for once but our lack of discipline and organisation which is the role of the manager to instill, let us down.

If Harry does not get a win on Monday then Fernandes must sack him and replace him with the right manager. As far as I'm concerned there is only one candidate out there who the players will respect and who will deliver instant results.
Villa game-a Must Win. on 10:15 - Oct 22 with 4429 viewsjohnhoop

But is Paul Hart currently available ?
Villa game-a Must Win. on 10:28 - Oct 22 with 4409 views1MoreBrightonR

i think it may be a must win for Harry :)

To be fair, i think people said Sunderland was a must win....and we won it...and we are still bottom so i'm not sure what relevance these statements have.
Villa game-a Must Win. on 10:32 - Oct 22 with 4397 viewsDiscodroids

Villa game-a Must Win. on 10:03 - Oct 22 by PunteR

Not sure there's many of them left.. Rednapp supporters not Chernobyl plant managers.

good point my old friend, but i did think i could detect a slightly higher reading on harolds geiger counter of support following "THE BEST DISPLAY SINCE IVE BEEN HERE!" defeat on sunday.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Villa game-a Must Win. on 10:32 - Oct 22 with 4401 viewsBrixtonR

Villa game-a Must Win. on 06:30 - Oct 22 by Lblock

I'm with you fella

I agree with you, with the smaller amount of games in the premiership and seemingly winnable games an even smaller percentage of those, then games such as Hull wherever they fall in the season are a must win.

That's not to say that like Harold the games against the big 6 should be treated as bonus games - a professionally run team should be going out and aiming to win every match whatever way the can (like by running round , getting in peoples faces and having plan that I've heard can sometimes happen) however it's difficult and much less likely so in terms of points we've got to pick them up against the teams around us.

If we're 6 or 7 points off safety after 11 games and with our goal difference I think we'd need a miracle to say up.

Look at it last time, we had 4 points out of 12 games (after the Soton game) and every pundit /statistician said it would take an unprecedented change of form for us to stay up even at that early stage - which was proved right. With the next 4 games it's quite likely we will have 5 points after 12. Especially with Redknapps attitude to matches against the big 6.

So what I'm basically saying is that IMHO you were spot on and don't deserve any scorn !

Come on R's, We've really got to beat Villa Definitely a must win
Villa game-a Must Win. on 10:33 - Oct 22 with 4390 viewsTacticalR

It's the latest 'must win' game since the last 'must win' game that we didn't win.

Air hostess clique

Villa game-a Must Win. on 10:35 - Oct 22 with 4391 viewsozexile

I cant believe the clubs attitude to the beginning of the season. Every game is vital. All this rubbish about players gelling etc is rubbish. You should be prepared and ready to go with a plan from the first whistle. Amateurs.
Villa game-a Must Win. on 10:47 - Oct 22 with 4370 viewsBrixtonR

Villa game-a Must Win. on 10:35 - Oct 22 by ozexile

I cant believe the clubs attitude to the beginning of the season. Every game is vital. All this rubbish about players gelling etc is rubbish. You should be prepared and ready to go with a plan from the first whistle. Amateurs.

Totally, What I was trying to say but you've put it much better :-)
Villa game-a Must Win. on 11:14 - Oct 22 with 4333 viewskingsburyR

Lose and we are screwed!

If we lose and stay up ill eat my dog!
[Post edited 22 Oct 2014 11:14]

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Villa game-a Must Win. on 11:22 - Oct 22 with 4308 viewsMytch_QPR

Villa game-a Must Win. on 11:14 - Oct 22 by kingsburyR

Lose and we are screwed!

If we lose and stay up ill eat my dog!
[Post edited 22 Oct 2014 11:14]

As a dog lover, I can't condone this - so to avoid the possibility I think we should ask for emergency readmission to The Championship if we lose on Monday.

A Villa mate of mine is coming and reckons they are sh*t at the moment. They'll defend in numbers and play with one (probably Agbonlahor) up front. If I was cynical I would say 0-0 until the 89th minute then we lose concentration and they score on the break.

But I'm not cynical.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Villa game-a Must Win. on 11:23 - Oct 22 with 4300 viewsSpiritofGregory

Villa game-a Must Win. on 09:45 - Oct 22 by paulparker

If you look at it from Villa's view its a must win for them as well
As I said earlier Lambert seems to have our number and I can see a draw or a defeat here ,
after Saturdays games we could be even more adrift and the nerves and pressure will be to much
if Arry plays his axis of evil in Traore , Rio and Phillips in this one then we are fcuked

Yes, Villa will be well up for it. Lambert and Keane will smell blood, they know that our defence is lacking in confidence.
Villa game-a Must Win. on 11:26 - Oct 22 with 4287 viewsDiscodroids

Villa game-a Must Win. on 11:23 - Oct 22 by SpiritofGregory

Yes, Villa will be well up for it. Lambert and Keane will smell blood, they know that our defence is lacking in confidence.

and the added disavantage of being totally fuc king shit of course.

we've the worst defence since the sultanate of zanzibar capitualted against a fishing boat from leigh on sea armed to the teeth with mackrel in 1896
[Post edited 22 Oct 2014 11:31]

(No subject) (n/t) on 11:27 - Oct 22 with 4286 viewsjohnhoop

Villa game-a Must Win. on 12:09 - Oct 22 with 4245 viewsadhoc_qpr

Can anyone remember the last time we won a 'must win' game in the prem?

Probably back under Hughes in his first season in charge? Or maybe against Soton is our very brief attempt to arrest our relegation plunge under Redknapp last time?
Villa game-a Must Win. on 12:47 - Oct 22 with 4196 viewsW7Ranger

Villa game-a Must Win. on 12:09 - Oct 22 by adhoc_qpr

Can anyone remember the last time we won a 'must win' game in the prem?

Probably back under Hughes in his first season in charge? Or maybe against Soton is our very brief attempt to arrest our relegation plunge under Redknapp last time?

Derby?

Or failing that, Stoke at home with Cisse's last minute winner.

That aside, Redknapp's last game in charge could be Villa at home - which is ironic as his first home game in charge was..... Villa! Mackie up front on his own with a header in a 1-1 draw. That was a game we should've fcuking won an' all!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024