Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wilko Johnson. 17:26 - Oct 22 with 4145 viewshoopstilidie

There's enough bad news around at the moment, so it's great to hear something wonderful. On Radio 5 Live I heard that Wilko Johnson's been cured of cancer.
A tumour the size of a BABY was cut out of his pancreas in pioneering treatment and now he is cured and going back on the road.
Incredible news.

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

Wilko Johnson. on 17:39 - Oct 22 with 4096 viewsrongould

just got that same message from Atilla the Stockbroker
Great news
Wilko Johnson. on 17:43 - Oct 22 with 4082 viewsDiscodroids

really good news ..a legend.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Wilko Johnson. on 17:46 - Oct 22 with 4075 viewsElHoop

Amazing news, really amazing.
Wilko Johnson. on 19:02 - Oct 22 with 3977 viewsthemodfather

almost unbelievable but great news...wilko LIVES!
the doctor did make him feelgood!!!
Wilko Johnson. on 19:51 - Oct 22 with 3907 viewsjohncharles

Here's lookin' at yah BABY.
Nice one Wilko.

Strong and stable my arse.

Wilko Johnson. on 19:53 - Oct 22 with 3905 viewssmegma

A tumour the size of a baby .............which is HOW big ??

Great news. Bumped into him at a services on our way to Wigan last October. Had a few words and my mate said " who's that?". He was none the wiser when I told him.
Wilko Johnson. on 19:56 - Oct 22 with 3896 viewskingsburyR

I assume we are not talking about two talismen from the 2003 world cup winning team!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Wilko Johnson. on 20:00 - Oct 22 with 3894 viewsRs_Holy

Thank the lord.... absolutely brilliant news!
Login to get fewer ads

Wilko Johnson. on 20:03 - Oct 22 with 3890 viewshoopstilidie

Wilko Johnson. on 19:53 - Oct 22 by smegma

A tumour the size of a baby .............which is HOW big ??

Great news. Bumped into him at a services on our way to Wigan last October. Had a few words and my mate said " who's that?". He was none the wiser when I told him.

3 kilos

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

Wilko Johnson. on 20:17 - Oct 22 with 3873 viewsBeauRanger

Yes excellent news...😀
Wilko Johnson. on 21:49 - Oct 22 with 3771 viewsMonahoop

Christ! I feared the worst when I saw my music heroes name on here. Yes Wilko did have an operation to remove a very large tumour on his pancreas back in the early summer. Fortunately it was non cancerous, but it meant removing his pancreas, a small part of his liver and intestine. Without that opp we would all be reading obituries on him now. He was due to play a few gigs here in Ireland back in May, but had to cancel them. Gutted, but got all my refunds.
Back in September, I was fortunate to meet and share a beer with Steve 'West' Weston, the harmonica player on Wilko's joint album with Roger Daltry, Going Back Home. Steve was playing in a band at the local Monaghan Blues Festival and is a good friend of Wilko's and is from the same neck of the woods as him and regularly sessions with Wilko at his local watering hole in Southend. A real gentleman was Steve who said that Wilko was quite frail, but health allowing was hoping very much to getting back to performing again. Here's hoping so. It wold be great to see him chunking on that telecaster of his again, staring demonically over the audience ably backed by the bass genius Norman Watt Roy and the great drummer Dylan Howe.
Here's to you Wilko!

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Wilko Johnson. on 22:01 - Oct 22 with 3759 viewsbosh67

Excellent news.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Wilko Johnson. on 22:15 - Oct 22 with 3743 viewsBrightonhoop

Great news, seriously major surgery, very brave bloke.
Wilko Johnson. on 22:20 - Oct 22 with 3734 viewsCiderwithRsie

Real talent, really admirable mensch.
Wilko Johnson. on 23:13 - Oct 22 with 3679 viewsFearless

I went to 2 of his gigs with Roger Daltrey

Brilliant news
[Post edited 23 Oct 2014 6:41]
Wilko Johnson. on 08:49 - Oct 23 with 3584 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Great News

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Wilko Johnson. on 17:21 - Oct 23 with 3505 viewsDiscodroids

Wilko Johnson. on 21:49 - Oct 22 by Monahoop

Christ! I feared the worst when I saw my music heroes name on here. Yes Wilko did have an operation to remove a very large tumour on his pancreas back in the early summer. Fortunately it was non cancerous, but it meant removing his pancreas, a small part of his liver and intestine. Without that opp we would all be reading obituries on him now. He was due to play a few gigs here in Ireland back in May, but had to cancel them. Gutted, but got all my refunds.
Back in September, I was fortunate to meet and share a beer with Steve 'West' Weston, the harmonica player on Wilko's joint album with Roger Daltry, Going Back Home. Steve was playing in a band at the local Monaghan Blues Festival and is a good friend of Wilko's and is from the same neck of the woods as him and regularly sessions with Wilko at his local watering hole in Southend. A real gentleman was Steve who said that Wilko was quite frail, but health allowing was hoping very much to getting back to performing again. Here's hoping so. It wold be great to see him chunking on that telecaster of his again, staring demonically over the audience ably backed by the bass genius Norman Watt Roy and the great drummer Dylan Howe.
Here's to you Wilko!

have you ever seen that dr feelgood/canvey island documentry with wilko , monahoop?.

brilliant.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2014 17:21]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Wilko Johnson. on 18:45 - Oct 23 with 3469 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Absolutely brilliant news

Wilko Johnson. on 21:17 - Oct 23 with 3434 viewsMonahoop

Wilko Johnson. on 17:21 - Oct 23 by Discodroids

have you ever seen that dr feelgood/canvey island documentry with wilko , monahoop?.

brilliant.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2014 17:21]

I have indeed Disco. Several times. Oil City Confidential. A must have music documentary DVD for those who like no nonsense, hard hitting British R n B. Along with the Blues Brothers, my favourite DVD.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Wilko Johnson. on 00:29 - Oct 24 with 3403 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I'm criminally ignorant of his music, which I'll sort out soon, but great news obviously both for him and his band of fans on here.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Wilko Johnson. on 11:32 - Oct 25 with 3329 viewsDiscodroids

Wilko Johnson. on 21:17 - Oct 23 by Monahoop

I have indeed Disco. Several times. Oil City Confidential. A must have music documentary DVD for those who like no nonsense, hard hitting British R n B. Along with the Blues Brothers, my favourite DVD.

heard an interview with him this morning on radio 5 with his son....got to say had a little tear in my eye.....

bit to young for the pub rock scene of dr feelgood, nick lowe..but dr feelgood at the kursal was mint...

Wilko Johnson. on 12:14 - Oct 25 with 3311 viewsjonno

Brilliant news.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024