Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Championship, very close this year 21:29 - Nov 4 with 5557 viewsPey

Looking at the championship table as it stands there are 8 clubs within 4 points difference for the top spot.
Is it just me or did we have already a three way race around this time a year ago ?
Looks like a very exciting season this time.

Championship, very close this year on 21:32 - Nov 4 with 3959 viewseghamranger

All a bit random up there, with Watford and Bournemouth leading.

Think middlesboro will do well, hungry young foreign manager and a decent squad.
Championship, very close this year on 21:36 - Nov 4 with 3953 viewsPey

Championship, very close this year on 21:32 - Nov 4 by eghamranger

All a bit random up there, with Watford and Bournemouth leading.

Think middlesboro will do well, hungry young foreign manager and a decent squad.

Got a soft spot for Bournemouth, small club, small budget and also a very talented manager.
Nice to see them doing that well.
Championship, very close this year on 21:43 - Nov 4 with 3927 viewseghamranger

Deeney and Rhodes been poor too. Lucky we didn't pay millions for them.
Championship, very close this year on 21:52 - Nov 4 with 3897 viewsFredManRave

Championship, very close this year on 21:36 - Nov 4 by Pey

Got a soft spot for Bournemouth, small club, small budget and also a very talented manager.

Would love to see them in the Premier League!

I know it's an all-seater but is their ground deemed up to Premier League standard?!
[Post edited 4 Nov 2014 21:52]

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Championship, very close this year on 21:56 - Nov 4 with 3879 viewsMonahoop

Championship, very close this year on 21:36 - Nov 4 by Pey

Agree. Doing brilliantly, but can they sustain this form for long? I believe it's the first time that Bournemouth have been top of the leagues second tier.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Championship, very close this year on 23:19 - Nov 4 with 3784 viewsted_hendrix

I think its fantastic to see Bournemouth top of the league and I sincerely hope they stay there till the end of the season.
Without trying to sound condescending they are a small football club who are succeeding against clubs they are up against who have far bigger budgets, long may it continue for them, its how competition should be,I bet they wont be running around at the end of January 2015 trying to snap up overpaid half dead overrated under-performing useless fcking footballers that nobody else wants.
Yea good luck to them.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Championship, very close this year on 23:22 - Nov 4 with 3776 viewsHunterhoop

Championship, very close this year on 23:19 - Nov 4 by ted_hendrix

I think its fantastic to see Bournemouth top of the league and I sincerely hope they stay there till the end of the season.
Without trying to sound condescending they are a small football club who are succeeding against clubs they are up against who have far bigger budgets, long may it continue for them, its how competition should be,I bet they wont be running around at the end of January 2015 trying to snap up overpaid half dead overrated under-performing useless fcking footballers that nobody else wants.
Yea good luck to them.

And how are they doing that? Eddie Howe...a good young manager who coaches players and is well versed tactically. Just saying... ;) Oh and he likes buying and polishing up rough diamonds before selling them on at a profit too.
Championship, very close this year on 00:08 - Nov 5 with 3736 viewskensalriser

Forest have choked early even by their standards.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Login to get fewer ads

Championship, very close this year on 01:52 - Nov 5 with 3696 viewsRangersAreBack

Championship, very close this year on 00:08 - Nov 5 by kensalriser

Forest have choked early even by their standards.

I've got a feeling that refusing to take the Forest job on when they still had a chance of making the end of season play offs may well come back to bite Stuart Pearce on the bum.
Championship, very close this year on 05:56 - Nov 5 with 3657 viewsDWQPR

Eddie Howe without doubt can spot a forward when one is available. He sold Lewis Grabban to Naaaaaarge for £3million and buys a player that was making Leon Clarke look good at Coventry last year, Callum Wilson for £750,000. From what I saw of Wilson last season he will be good enough form the Prem. this is what good managers are capable of.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Championship, very close this year on 07:34 - Nov 5 with 3594 viewshoopdog

Got be the most exciting league
Championship, very close this year on 08:15 - Nov 5 with 3549 viewsElHoop

Am a big fan of Howe - would love to see him replace Harry when the time comes. Have backed Boro though and you'd think that they will improve more than most as the season progresses. Very open though - shame that Saturday's Boro v Bournemouth isn't on the box - should be a cracker.
Championship, very close this year on 09:34 - Nov 5 with 3473 viewsbosh67

I miss the competitive nature of the Championship. Premiership feels like a sterile showcase offering. Not real football.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Championship, very close this year on 10:38 - Nov 5 with 3405 viewsClive_Anderson

Championship, very close this year on 23:22 - Nov 4 by Hunterhoop

And how are they doing that? Eddie Howe...a good young manager who coaches players and is well versed tactically. Just saying... ;) Oh and he likes buying and polishing up rough diamonds before selling them on at a profit too.

But but but...he's not got experience in the Premier League!

Until possibly next season when it will be far to late for a club like us to attract him.
Championship, very close this year on 10:39 - Nov 5 with 3404 viewsWeaverQPR

Eddie Howe great at Bournemouth but not so good at Burnley. Be interesting to see if he can cut it at a bigger club with bigger expectations.

@WeavQPR

Championship, very close this year on 10:46 - Nov 5 with 3392 viewsHayesender

Championship, very close this year on 10:39 - Nov 5 by WeaverQPR

Eddie Howe great at Bournemouth but not so good at Burnley. Be interesting to see if he can cut it at a bigger club with bigger expectations.

Eddie Howe laid the foundations for Dych at Burnley

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Championship, very close this year on 11:10 - Nov 5 with 3353 viewsHunterhoop

Championship, very close this year on 10:39 - Nov 5 by WeaverQPR

Eddie Howe was god at Burnley. Overhauled their style (which Dyche has reaped the rewards of) and signed ALL of Austin, Voges and Ings...all quite key ingredients in their success. He just didn't like living oop north away from his family. Not surprising when it's Burnley.
Championship, very close this year on 11:16 - Nov 5 with 3345 viewsWeaverQPR

I see Forest are now midtable, i thought they had already won the league? Never rated Stuart Pearce

@WeavQPR

Championship, very close this year on 11:48 - Nov 5 with 3298 viewswhittocksRs

The league this year is a much better quality than last - not convinced we'd go up this year.
Championship, very close this year on 12:22 - Nov 5 with 3251 viewsRickyDicky

Would love to see Derby fail again !

Poll: Where will we finish next Year. Starting early.

Championship, very close this year on 12:27 - Nov 5 with 3238 viewsPinnerPaul

The "very well run on & off the pitch" club, as someone told us on here aren't doing so well now are they?

I see Mackie scored for Reading to move them 3 points (ish) clear of the mighty Rotherham who they beat, into 12th (ish) place.

Anyone REALLY, want to go back there.......REALLY?
Championship, very close this year on 12:29 - Nov 5 with 3233 viewsYorkRanger

Championship, very close this year on 11:10 - Nov 5 by Hunterhoop

Eddie Howe was god at Burnley. Overhauled their style (which Dyche has reaped the rewards of) and signed ALL of Austin, Voges and Ings...all quite key ingredients in their success. He just didn't like living oop north away from his family. Not surprising when it's Burnley.

There are some fantastic places to live in the Ribble Valley.
Championship, very close this year on 12:36 - Nov 5 with 3227 viewsPinnerPaul

Championship, very close this year on 11:48 - Nov 5 by whittocksRs

The league this year is a much better quality than last - not convinced we'd go up this year.

People said that every August we were in it!

Impossible to prove or disprove in reality.
Championship, very close this year on 12:48 - Nov 5 with 3199 viewsKonk

Even though we’ve not been higher than 20th, I’m really enjoying this season. Plenty of big enough clubs to give it a bit of retro glamour for a bloke of my age, loads of brilliant away days, some big away supports and the division is fantastically competitive. Derby are the only particularly good side we’ve played so far, but I’d sooner see us in a genuinely competitive division where anything can happen, than always losing to the top teams and striving for the holy grail of survival in the PL.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Championship, very close this year on 12:48 - Nov 5 with 3197 viewsTacticalR

It's early days but...neither of the teams that came down with us, nor any of the three relegated last season are in the top six in the Championship.
[Post edited 5 Nov 2014 12:51]

Air hostess clique

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024