Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Players you were gutted to see go 14:56 - Nov 6 with 6714 viewspaulparker

following on from what Disco said on another thread about being gutted when Sinton Left
what players were you most annoyed /upset about leaving
im going for the days before endless speculation on sky sports, the days when you picked up the red tops (always red them back to front sports first) or read it on Ceefax
For me it was Terry Fenwick,
our club captain had joined Spurs (who I hated, still do ) for 500k I remember reading the Mirror round my nans , and there he was with EL tel and a spurs scarf , I was livid I don't think I slept for 2 nights , I even sent a letter to Jim smith back then LOL
anyone else ??

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Players you were gutted to see go on 14:56 - Nov 6 with 3222 viewsTheBlob

Paolo Wanchope.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Players you were gutted to see go on 15:00 - Nov 6 with 3202 viewshopphoops

Players you were gutted to see go on 14:56 - Nov 6 by TheBlob

Paolo Wanchope.

Sir Les.

In a different way - it was such a shame how it all just petered out - Buzsaky.

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Players you were gutted to see go on 15:01 - Nov 6 with 3194 viewsRangersw12

Les Ferdinand although it was inevitable at the time

Selling Sinton and Peacock pissed me off and just think if Thompson had shown an ounce of ambition in those days we could of been a regular top 5 side

Also gutted when Gallen left the first time
Players you were gutted to see go on 15:12 - Nov 6 with 3155 viewsdangould

When Rodney Marsh left it was bad but the player thathurt me the most when he left was Phil Parkes we have had some good keepers at the Bush but he was my No 1

Poll: Will we finish above Brentford

Players you were gutted to see go on 15:13 - Nov 6 with 3155 viewsNov77

I was never more upset than when Phil Parkes left to join the spammers. childhood hero.
even bowles leaving i could live with, (I think the 37 prior transfer requests had prepared me for the day he actually left,) but Parkes was out of the blue, Chairman Jim let us down on that one as Parkes himself recently revealed he didn't want to go, but gregory couldn't resist the money they were offering.

The fact that we had to put up with Derek Richardson in goal thereafter just added insult to injury (is it true he only had one eye?), he was bloody hopeless anyway. only teflon tony roberts came as close to being as bad as him.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Players you were gutted to see go on 15:16 - Nov 6 with 3148 viewsAntti_Heinola

Sir Les, for sure, although I was resigned to it and even had to admit he probably stayed a year too long in terms of his career.
Clive Wilson

Agree with the above about Buzsaky. Still miss him.

Danny Shittu.
Jamie Mackie I was and still am a bit furious about.

Been a long time since we really sold anyone, hasn't it?

Bare bones.

Players you were gutted to see go on 15:17 - Nov 6 with 3145 viewsRaymond

Gary Bannister

Broke my heart, and Andy Sinton.
Players you were gutted to see go on 15:21 - Nov 6 with 3134 viewsNov77

Players you were gutted to see go on 15:16 - Nov 6 by Antti_Heinola

Sir Les, for sure, although I was resigned to it and even had to admit he probably stayed a year too long in terms of his career.
Clive Wilson

Agree with the above about Buzsaky. Still miss him.

Danny Shittu.
Jamie Mackie I was and still am a bit furious about.

Been a long time since we really sold anyone, hasn't it?

on the contracts we offer? we'll never sell a player again!

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Login to get fewer ads

Players you were gutted to see go on 15:36 - Nov 6 with 3105 viewsterryb

I was very annoyed when Phil Parkes went but the transfer that left me fuming was Paul Goddard going to West Ham.

I could understand selling Clive Allen for a million but to then sell our other forward, who happened to be a far better all round footballer, was madness beyond understanding.

I will never forgive Docherty for this!
Players you were gutted to see go on 15:45 - Nov 6 with 3088 viewsDWQPR

Stan. Saw him play his last game for Rangers at home to Wrexham in early December '79, we drew 2-2 and he wore the number 7 shirt that day. No inkling whatsoever that a few days later Brian Clough was to sign him for Forest. He was my footballing hero and as a 13 year old being given the news by my Dad, I was properly choked up. Always had the hope that he would return to the club but it didn't happen.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Players you were gutted to see go on 15:45 - Nov 6 with 3088 viewsTacticalR

Players you were gutted to see go on 15:36 - Nov 6 by terryb

I was very annoyed when Phil Parkes went but the transfer that left me fuming was Paul Goddard going to West Ham.

I could understand selling Clive Allen for a million but to then sell our other forward, who happened to be a far better all round footballer, was madness beyond understanding.

I will never forgive Docherty for this!

The single greatest blow the club ever struck against me was selling Goddard and Allen on the same day.

Air hostess clique

Players you were gutted to see go on 15:48 - Nov 6 with 3085 viewsqprmeath

Clive Wilson
Players you were gutted to see go on 15:50 - Nov 6 with 3075 viewsGloucs_R

David Seaman. Gutted when he left, he was my hero as a lad.

Poll: Warburton, What's next?

Players you were gutted to see go on 15:51 - Nov 6 with 3074 viewsClive_Anderson

Gino
Wilson
Brevett
Aziz Ben Asker
Thorpe
Buzacky
Mackie
Tarbs (loans)
What happened to Bradley Allen? Seemed to just disappear.

Managers:
Warnock
Ollie
Gregory
Waddock (not given a chance)
Magilton (best football I've seen in years..for two games)
Players you were gutted to see go on 15:58 - Nov 6 with 3058 viewspaulparker

Players you were gutted to see go on 15:51 - Nov 6 by Clive_Anderson

Gino
Wilson
Brevett
Aziz Ben Asker
Thorpe
Buzacky
Mackie
Tarbs (loans)
What happened to Bradley Allen? Seemed to just disappear.

Managers:
Warnock
Ollie
Gregory
Waddock (not given a chance)
Magilton (best football I've seen in years..for two games)

We sold Bradley Allen to Charlton, he duly came back and scored against us that season
agreed about Magilton , that 6 week spell we had when we beat Preston, Reading, Derby , Barnsley and drew with Newcastle was some of the best football I had seen since the early nineties
funny thing is every time I see Warnock or Ollie on the box the Missus rolls her eyes as she knows another 30 minute rant about how we should of kept them is coming

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Players you were gutted to see go on 15:59 - Nov 6 with 3058 viewsdanehoop

Trevor Sinclair

Never has so little been given for so much. Ian Dowie and a bag of monster munch.

if ever a deal stunk that was it.

Lee Cook to Ful's

Worst one was Allen and Goddard togther. Killed so much promise.

Never knowingly understood

Players you were gutted to see go on 16:01 - Nov 6 with 3051 viewsToast_R

I’ll put this one out there.

The latter part of the 2002/03 season, Richard Langley’s form was superb and he got us into those play off spots with some great goals (the last minute winner at Ninian Park) and back on terms in the first play off semi final leg against Oldham. His Subsequent Red Card in that game was a travesty for him and QPR.

The start of the 2003/04 season Langley was absolutely flying, scoring in the opener against Blackpool who must have been sick of the sight of him by then such was his personal goals tally against them, and an absolute wonder strike against Cheltenham (was it?) in the League Cup first round. I remember thinking this is going to be the season where he rips this division apart and goes on to be an absolute QPR legend. Then he was sold to Cardiff. That was the last time I was genuinely gutted to see a QPR player leave.

I believe that had QPR’s woeful finances not made his sale necessary and he stayed, QPR would have gone up as champions that season and Langley’s career wouldn’t’ have ended up looking quite so modest. A real shame the way that panned out.
Players you were gutted to see go on 16:09 - Nov 6 with 3018 viewsCamberleyR

Dave Thomas, Phil Parkes and Clive Allen the second time ('84).

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Players you were gutted to see go on 16:17 - Nov 6 with 2998 viewsizlingtonhoop

Most of the above,
Not Seaman.
Dawesy, to Millwall!
Players you were gutted to see go on 16:24 - Nov 6 with 2976 viewsM40R

Clint! Alright: only on loan to Forest but I thought that was the end. Delighted he proved Warnock wrong.

Also, depending on your definition of "go", can I add Adel? Gone in mind if not physically.
Players you were gutted to see go on 16:25 - Nov 6 with 2976 viewsStanisgod

Players you were gutted to see go on 15:45 - Nov 6 by DWQPR

Stan. Saw him play his last game for Rangers at home to Wrexham in early December '79, we drew 2-2 and he wore the number 7 shirt that day. No inkling whatsoever that a few days later Brian Clough was to sign him for Forest. He was my footballing hero and as a 13 year old being given the news by my Dad, I was properly choked up. Always had the hope that he would return to the club but it didn't happen.

Yeah, I cried and I was 24 !!!

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Players you were gutted to see go on 16:29 - Nov 6 with 2961 viewsPunteR

Paul Parker,
Sinton
Ferdinand
Rowlands
Mackie
Derry

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Players you were gutted to see go on 16:31 - Nov 6 with 2955 viewsClive_Anderson

Players you were gutted to see go on 15:58 - Nov 6 by paulparker

We sold Bradley Allen to Charlton, he duly came back and scored against us that season
agreed about Magilton , that 6 week spell we had when we beat Preston, Reading, Derby , Barnsley and drew with Newcastle was some of the best football I had seen since the early nineties
funny thing is every time I see Warnock or Ollie on the box the Missus rolls her eyes as she knows another 30 minute rant about how we should of kept them is coming

Oh yeah I vaguely remember him at Charlton now you mention it, 40 appearances in 4 years according to Wikipedia.

We were going through managers every couple of weeks in those days. I can't remember anything about Iain Dowie whatsoever. And we shouldn't have got rid of De Canio either.
Players you were gutted to see go on 16:32 - Nov 6 with 2953 viewsColombiR

Players you were gutted to see go on 16:01 - Nov 6 by Toast_R

I’ll put this one out there.

The latter part of the 2002/03 season, Richard Langley’s form was superb and he got us into those play off spots with some great goals (the last minute winner at Ninian Park) and back on terms in the first play off semi final leg against Oldham. His Subsequent Red Card in that game was a travesty for him and QPR.

The start of the 2003/04 season Langley was absolutely flying, scoring in the opener against Blackpool who must have been sick of the sight of him by then such was his personal goals tally against them, and an absolute wonder strike against Cheltenham (was it?) in the League Cup first round. I remember thinking this is going to be the season where he rips this division apart and goes on to be an absolute QPR legend. Then he was sold to Cardiff. That was the last time I was genuinely gutted to see a QPR player leave.

I believe that had QPR’s woeful finances not made his sale necessary and he stayed, QPR would have gone up as champions that season and Langley’s career wouldn’t’ have ended up looking quite so modest. A real shame the way that panned out.

Yeah I agree with this one, even though I'm not 100% sure how good Langers actually was compared to how good we wanted him to be. (Surely he was better than his subsequent career would suggest though?)

As a 16 year old, the second half of the 2002/2003 season really was the culmination of the first wave of good times for me following Rangers. (Only remember bits and pieces of the 1995 season and it was downhill from there.)
Langley was part of the Gallen/Bircham/Shittu/Cook gang who were just so easy to love and I was absolutely heartbroken to lose him – especially to Cardiff, who at the time were my most-hated club.

Really we've done such a poor job of developing players in the last 20 years that there are few examples since Sir Les of us selling someone because there's interest higher up the pyramid.
Players you were gutted to see go on 16:32 - Nov 6 with 2952 viewsW7Ranger

Surprised no one's mentioned Paul Parker yet.

(The player, not the forum member!)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024