Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
we need defenders as well as attackers 20:30 - Jan 31 with 1339 viewsHarbour

Awful defensive record all this talk of another forward we need a decent center back as well. Terrible defending again today. Also if charlie gets injured we are done for
we need defenders as well as attackers on 20:40 - Jan 31 with 1318 viewsbosh67

The big problem for me is that we have two central midfield players playing wide. Neither cover the full backs because they aren't wingers so don't have the instinct. That puts a lot of pressure on Henry and Barton and they are both liable to make mistakes because they are covering a lot of ground without cover. All of this leaves the back four exposed.

I am not sure it is entirely a defensive problem in the back 4. I think it is a defensive problem about the shape of the team. We lose the ball far too often on the wings at the moment and that just knocks everyone out of position. We don't defend as a team, we operate in table football banks of four, once you are past that midfield the back 4 have no cover at all.

For me we are also missing a Mackie type player, a terrier who pushes the oppositions back 4 and forces them into mistakes. Charlie is a goal scorer, Zamora is a hold up man but we have no one who spends 90 minutes pushing their defenders back and we haven't had that since Mackie left. Perhaps we should get him back?

The team don't defend as a team, they don't hunt the ball down, they don't crowd players out, they don't push teams high up the pitch. There is not that pack mentality here and if we are to survive it needs to materialise soon because I don't think it is all about the back 4 shipping in 2+ goals a game, it is about the team not defending from front to back.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

we need defenders as well as attackers on 20:45 - Jan 31 with 1300 viewsDoughnut

Our defence has been unfit for purpose, for years. Sort that out first and then at least you're not destined to loose every game. It's quite straight forward!
we need defenders as well as attackers on 20:59 - Jan 31 with 1281 viewsHarbour

Sounds like a tactician needed is that like a manager?
we need defenders as well as attackers on 21:06 - Jan 31 with 1261 viewsDoughnut

we need defenders as well as attackers on 20:59 - Jan 31 by Harbour

Sounds like a tactician needed is that like a manager?

Would be nice wouldn't it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024