Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Squad for rest of season.Taraabt a Striker! 17:26 - Feb 4 with 4214 viewshighlandbill

Bit of a surprise but I've long wondered why Taraabt has never been tried up front.His manner on the field is a bit like Berbatov who just hung about near the oppositions box because he didn't like running around.....but he did score goals.

At my age I should not be doing this!

Squad for rest of season.Taraabt a Striker! on 17:29 - Feb 4 with 4186 viewsadhoc_qpr

Chelsea away is the game that springs to mind for me - he was excellent upfront.

Maybe with a new manager we might actually get some contributions from Adel, Diakite, Zarate, SWP and Matt Phillips.
Squad for rest of season.Taraabt a Striker! on 17:30 - Feb 4 with 4164 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Squad for rest of season.Taraabt a Striker! on 17:29 - Feb 4 by adhoc_qpr

Chelsea away is the game that springs to mind for me - he was excellent upfront.

Maybe with a new manager we might actually get some contributions from Adel, Diakite, Zarate, SWP and Matt Phillips.

Diakite isn't even in the 25 man squad.

I really don't understand club decisions sometimes

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Squad for rest of season.Taraabt a Striker! on 17:31 - Feb 4 with 4158 viewsPunteR

Didnt he play up front when we beat Chelsea away. I could be wrong.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Squad for rest of season.Taraabt a Striker! on 17:36 - Feb 4 with 4105 viewsRecoilboss

Mad dog Diakite or Little SWP - that must have been a tough choice for them.
Squad for rest of season.Taraabt a Striker! on 17:36 - Feb 4 with 4105 viewseccles

think we need some creativity in the team. Be nice to see a fit adel (?) providing it. even if it is while playing up front.
Squad for rest of season.Taraabt a Striker! on 17:38 - Feb 4 with 4090 viewsadhoc_qpr

Squad for rest of season.Taraabt a Striker! on 17:30 - Feb 4 by RANGERS4EVER

Really? I think that's a shame, a new manager and coach might have been able to get something out of him.

Also we've sold Mutch and not replaced him, so surely we had a spot?
Squad for rest of season.Taraabt a Striker! on 17:43 - Feb 4 with 4052 viewsJuzzie

Taarabt is listed as a forward, same as Austin, Vargas, Zamora & Zarate. I suspect he would be more of a 'sitting in the hole behind the strikers' role.

[Post edited 4 Feb 2015 17:57]
Squad for rest of season.Taraabt a Striker! on 17:45 - Feb 4 with 4031 viewsbosh67

Glad Doughty has been given a chance. Always looks class on the ball.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Login to get fewer ads

Squad for rest of season.Taraabt a Striker! on 17:56 - Feb 4 with 3961 viewsngbqpr

thought we only had 2 strikers....

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Squad for rest of season.Taraabt a Striker! on 17:57 - Feb 4 with 3956 viewsOldPedro

Squad for rest of season.Taraabt a Striker! on 17:30 - Feb 4 by RANGERS4EVER

According to the club website Diakite's return is subject to international clearance - maybe it hasn't come through?

http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/samba-diakite-al-ittihad-qpr-loan-2244283.aspx

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Squad for rest of season.Taraabt a Striker! on 17:59 - Feb 4 with 3944 viewsrobith

You know that's just how the PR team have labelled them right? They're not legally binding classifications
Squad for rest of season.Taraabt a Striker! on 18:07 - Feb 4 with 3895 viewstoemasher

Squad for rest of season.Taraabt a Striker! on 17:59 - Feb 4 by robith

You know that's just how the PR team have labelled them right? They're not legally binding classifications

True. They couldnt classify what SWP really is on a family website.
Squad for rest of season.Taraabt a Striker! on 18:10 - Feb 4 with 3884 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

Squad for rest of season.Taraabt a Striker! on 17:59 - Feb 4 by robith

Don't upset the apple cart, Adel's a striker now!
Squad for rest of season.Taraabt a Striker! on 18:18 - Feb 4 with 3848 viewsStanisgod

Squad for rest of season.Taraabt a Striker! on 17:43 - Feb 4 by Juzzie

Taarabt is listed as a forward, same as Austin, Vargas, Zamora & Zarate. I suspect he would be more of a 'sitting in the hole behind the strikers' role.

[Post edited 4 Feb 2015 17:57]

If we play that side Saturday we may get a nil nil

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Squad for rest of season.Taraabt a Striker! on 18:30 - Feb 4 with 3781 viewsQPR_ARG

Regardless of Adel's position, let's discuss whether this is a good squad or not.

If it's a good-enough-to-stay-up squad is perhaps the most important thing.

As we knew:

- No backups for either RB or LB.
- No out-and-out number 9 who could deliver the goods like Charlie does. The only other "natural born striker" is Bobby Zamora and in my opinion, he's spent and I hope we don't have to see him (even if he does try and is good at hold up play).
- Not very good options at wide midfielder. Those who can naturally run up and down the field (and be effective in breaking up play and joining the attack).
- At CB, it's Caulker and then a combination of two ageing good players (Dunne and Rio) and/or Onuoha/Hill. It's a situation that doesn't give me a lot of confidence, to say the least.

On the bright side, there's talent up front.

I'd feel confident if any combination involving these four players (or at least 3 of them) is used at every opportunity:
Adel
Charlie
Zarate
Vargas

In that order.

But we have to go for it away from home. Sitting deep and waiting for the inevitable, will be playing exactly the kind of game we shouldn't be playing because it'll expose our biggest flaws.

PS: SWP!!! FFS! He's my worst nightmare! Impossible to flog!

I have to thank Neil, by the way. Because he made it possible to me to sell SWP for 2M when I took over QPR playing FM14! West Brom bought it. And they got relegated. If only...
Squad for rest of season.Taraabt a Striker! on 18:30 - Feb 4 with 3779 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

Squad for rest of season.Taraabt a Striker! on 18:18 - Feb 4 by Stanisgod

If we play that side Saturday we may get a nil nil

Squad for rest of season.Taraabt a Striker! on 19:16 - Feb 4 with 3594 viewsHollowayRanger

Taraabt a Striker!

ofcourse he is he's been on strike most of the season

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Squad for rest of season.Taraabt a Striker! on 20:01 - Feb 4 with 3497 viewsAndyB

Squad for rest of season.Taraabt a Striker! on 19:16 - Feb 4 by HollowayRanger

Taraabt a Striker!

ofcourse he is he's been on strike most of the season

Comedy gold
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024