Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Player reaction to the changes 14:10 - Feb 5 with 9462 viewsWestminsteRs

Wondered if there had been any hints at which players are happy/upset/nonplussed about the departure of Harry's knees.

Caulker has just posted this on Instagram http://instagram.com/p/yuG7ANBLSv/?modal=true #freshstart with Adel, Fer and SWP.
Player reaction to the changes on 14:14 - Feb 5 with 6258 viewsdaveB

Any player who hasn't been playing will be delighted, any who have been playing won't care as long as they don't get dropped imo
Player reaction to the changes on 14:26 - Feb 5 with 6198 viewsHunterhoop

Player reaction to the changes on 14:14 - Feb 5 by daveB

Any player who hasn't been playing will be delighted, any who have been playing won't care as long as they don't get dropped imo

Caulker's tweet is telling simply because it's unnecessary and quite a deliberate act to get his mates into that photo in order to tweet it with that comment. Very much doubt it's a throwaway line.

Barton will be the most worried. And rightly so.

Interesting in the photo on the Offy of Ramsey explaining something to the squad, Karl "the Maestro" Henry is at the front paying close attention and Barton is at the back, arms folded....easy to read too much into body language, but still.
Player reaction to the changes on 14:32 - Feb 5 with 6163 viewsPinnerPaul

Player reaction to the changes on 14:14 - Feb 5 by daveB

That sums it up nicely Dave.

Of course players aren't going to get too worked up either way by Saturday's selections as likely to be first & last Ramsey/Bond/Les make as a committee!
Player reaction to the changes on 14:34 - Feb 5 with 6151 viewsMaggsinho

Player reaction to the changes on 14:26 - Feb 5 by Hunterhoop

Caulker's tweet is telling simply because it's unnecessary and quite a deliberate act to get his mates into that photo in order to tweet it with that comment. Very much doubt it's a throwaway line.

Interesting in the photo on the Offy of Ramsey explaining something to the squad, Karl "the Maestro" Henry is at the front paying close attention and Barton is at the back, arms folded....easy to read too much into body language, but still.

I was just looking at that photo, I'm not normally one to read much into training ground photos but the body language looks awful from some of the players.

Although I too can think of several places I'd rather be on a freezing day than a field near Heathrow I guess.
Player reaction to the changes on 14:35 - Feb 5 with 6145 viewsNorthernr

Player reaction to the changes on 14:26 - Feb 5 by Hunterhoop

Barton will keep his place. You'd be asking for trouble to drop him, he'd just kick off and poison the place. Bomb him out the second the season is over.
Player reaction to the changes on 14:41 - Feb 5 with 6094 viewsadhoc_qpr

I'd be surprised if Adel wasn't involved on Saturday against Soton.

SWP despite being rightly derided for being happy to train, pick up a check and rejecting loan moves, he always gives 100% effort and his delivery is no worse than Hoillett and Phillips (none of them can hit a man).
Player reaction to the changes on 14:55 - Feb 5 with 6007 viewsHayesender

Player reaction to the changes on 14:34 - Feb 5 by Maggsinho

I was just looking at that photo, I'm not normally one to read much into training ground photos but the body language looks awful from some of the players.

Although I too can think of several places I'd rather be on a freezing day than a field near Heathrow I guess.

Krancar looks bored beyond tears

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Player reaction to the changes on 14:59 - Feb 5 with 5989 viewsingeminate

Player reaction to the changes on 14:41 - Feb 5 by adhoc_qpr

SWP despite being rightly derided for being happy to train, pick up a check and rejecting loan moves, he always gives 100% effort and his delivery is no worse than Hoillett and Phillips (none of them can hit a man).

I think Sherwood would drop Barton if he thought it was best for the club but guess is Barton is exactly Sherwood's sort of player - shouty/runs around a lot.

Re the photo, well the media team are either being a bit playful or the other pics were even worse - the players look massively disengaged.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Login to get fewer ads

Player reaction to the changes on 15:01 - Feb 5 with 5971 viewsbosh67

Player reaction to the changes on 14:41 - Feb 5 by adhoc_qpr

The club is to blame with SWP. He's been demonised by a lot of fans. The problem is the guy wants to play. He has always made himself available to play. He doesn't want to drop down to play. He wants to play here. I have never seen SWP not give 100% when he has played, however well or badly that has been, he has always tried to be involved. Personally I think he is a much better player than he's been given credit for. As we know under Harry if you don't fit into his plans that's it. All the guy has done has asked to be considered each week. What else can he do? The loan move has not been about a drop in pay etc etc, it's been about a player who actually wants to play here. Sadly he's been vilified for it when there have been so many others who actually couldn't care less and don't want to play here.

On another note, Adel needs to realise that this is his club. If he was wanted elsewhere permanently it would have happened. Now he has to realise that this club is his club and his future, if he applies himself should be here because this is his home. Anywhere else he will eventually fade away. Here he can shine.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Player reaction to the changes on 15:10 - Feb 5 with 5940 viewsPinnerPaul

Player reaction to the changes on 14:59 - Feb 5 by ingeminate

I think Sherwood would drop Barton if he thought it was best for the club but guess is Barton is exactly Sherwood's sort of player - shouty/runs around a lot.

Re the photo, well the media team are either being a bit playful or the other pics were even worse - the players look massively disengaged.

Full set shows players smiling - another panic over
Player reaction to the changes on 15:13 - Feb 5 with 5919 viewsingeminate

Player reaction to the changes on 15:01 - Feb 5 by bosh67

The club is to blame with SWP. He's been demonised by a lot of fans. The problem is the guy wants to play. He has always made himself available to play. He doesn't want to drop down to play. He wants to play here. I have never seen SWP not give 100% when he has played, however well or badly that has been, he has always tried to be involved. Personally I think he is a much better player than he's been given credit for. As we know under Harry if you don't fit into his plans that's it. All the guy has done has asked to be considered each week. What else can he do? The loan move has not been about a drop in pay etc etc, it's been about a player who actually wants to play here. Sadly he's been vilified for it when there have been so many others who actually couldn't care less and don't want to play here.

On another note, Adel needs to realise that this is his club. If he was wanted elsewhere permanently it would have happened. Now he has to realise that this club is his club and his future, if he applies himself should be here because this is his home. Anywhere else he will eventually fade away. Here he can shine.

Bosh!!!!

I was waiting for the punchline and it never came!!!

SWP has been atrocious!

Player reaction to the changes on 15:14 - Feb 5 with 5909 viewsdaveB

If it was the summer I think you'd expect to see massive changes but this is just a caretaker role and we need points so I can't see massive changes being made. Possibly a kid or two on the bench and maybe play 4-2-3-1 but I'd be surprised if he did a John Hollins and changed the whole team
Player reaction to the changes on 15:24 - Feb 5 with 5843 viewsA40Bosh

I love the one where Charlie is undertaking a bit of one to one coaching with BZ.

"Yeah Bob, that's all you got to do, just kick it right in between the two white upright posts over there but, and this is the important bit, BELOW the long horizontal white post"

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Player reaction to the changes on 15:25 - Feb 5 with 5833 viewsQPunkR

Player reaction to the changes on 15:13 - Feb 5 by ingeminate

Bosh!!!!

I was waiting for the punchline and it never came!!!

SWP has been atrocious!

Yep, me too.
Bosh simply has to be on a wind-up I'd wager, Shirley

QPR - "shit but local"

Player reaction to the changes on 15:28 - Feb 5 with 5812 viewsPinnerPaul

Player reaction to the changes on 15:25 - Feb 5 by QPunkR

Yep, me too.
Bosh simply has to be on a wind-up I'd wager, Shirley

YOU were advocating a Diakite/Adel midfield yesterday, just as "left field" that one!
Player reaction to the changes on 15:50 - Feb 5 with 5719 viewsQPunkR

Player reaction to the changes on 15:28 - Feb 5 by PinnerPaul

YOU were advocating a Diakite/Adel midfield yesterday, just as "left field" that one!

No, not both in CM. The Daft Distroyer central and Tarbs out wide or up with Charlie

QPR - "shit but local"

Player reaction to the changes on 16:53 - Feb 5 with 5572 viewskingsburyR

Tarby looks fairly slim in the instagram picture!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Player reaction to the changes on 16:56 - Feb 5 with 5554 viewsJamie

Our Chilean friends will be ecstatic.
Player reaction to the changes on 17:21 - Feb 5 with 5476 viewsderbyhoop

SWP better than he is given credit for??

No. He's worse than he's given credit for.
Cannot run, trap a ball, tackle, cross or shoot.
At the Pirelli he was shown up by a L2 centre back playing out of position at LB.

The only reason he hasn't gone on loan is that he'd be found out. At a lower level.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Player reaction to the changes on 17:33 - Feb 5 with 5440 viewsBAWHoops

Player reaction to the changes on 14:35 - Feb 5 by Northernr

Barton will keep his place. You'd be asking for trouble to drop him, he'd just kick off and poison the place. Bomb him out the second the season is over.

Contract is up and I doubt we would look to renew.
He will got to MLS where he can get paid mega bucks and be treated like the star he is desparate to be

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Player reaction to the changes on 17:46 - Feb 5 with 5390 viewsJamie

Player reaction to the changes on 17:33 - Feb 5 by BAWHoops

Contract is up and I doubt we would look to renew.
He will got to MLS where he can get paid mega bucks and be treated like the star he is desparate to be

Wouldn't be able to get a Visa with his record.
Player reaction to the changes on 17:46 - Feb 5 with 5388 viewsqprmeath

Who can replace baton? No alternative in our squad in my opinion
Player reaction to the changes on 18:44 - Feb 5 with 5253 viewsingeminate

Player reaction to the changes on 17:46 - Feb 5 by qprmeath

Who can replace baton? No alternative in our squad in my opinion

There's a fella in the local called Leary Jim, not that fast, possibly colour blind seems to always pot the wrong colour balls at pool, bit fighty, he might do, I'll have a word next time I see him.

Player reaction to the changes on 21:24 - Feb 5 with 4996 viewsOakR

+1. Personally I've no issue with SWP, and I don't understand why so many people do. Mainly because he is on a huge contract.

As you say he always tries. For me he's an easy scapegoat. I'm not saying he has not played badly at times, in fact he has been terrible at times, but he has also been decent.

When he plays he works hard, does not shy away from the ball and provides good defensive cover the the fullback. I'd rather have him in the team than Hoillet.

I still think he is good enough, and with a bit of confidence and coaching I think he could help for the rest of the season.

Time will tell if he gets another chance. Mackie was pilloried in similar fashion.

Poll: Will we stay up?

Player reaction to the changes on 21:33 - Feb 5 with 4944 viewsqprewan

Player reaction to the changes on 21:24 - Feb 5 by OakR

+1. Personally I've no issue with SWP, and I don't understand why so many people do. Mainly because he is on a huge contract.

As you say he always tries. For me he's an easy scapegoat. I'm not saying he has not played badly at times, in fact he has been terrible at times, but he has also been decent.

When he plays he works hard, does not shy away from the ball and provides good defensive cover the the fullback. I'd rather have him in the team than Hoillet.

I still think he is good enough, and with a bit of confidence and coaching I think he could help for the rest of the season.

Time will tell if he gets another chance. Mackie was pilloried in similar fashion.

He is a winger who is totally incapable of beating a man even when he was up against Burton Albion; does anything more need to be said.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024