Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can't Pay, Won't Play 12:05 - Feb 25 with 8583 viewsTearsOfaClown

"Fifa says it will not pay compensation to clubs and leagues unhappy about plans to play the 2022 Qatar World Cup in November and December.

It also said no apology was necessary for the scheduling of the tournament, which will disrupt a number of leagues."

It's just like a Dario Fo play - total farce.

It would be nice if they event is boycotted and FIFA disbanded.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31620713

Can't Pay, Won't Play on 12:08 - Feb 25 with 7256 viewsisawqpratwcity

A carve-up from start to finish.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Can't Pay, Won't Play on 12:20 - Feb 25 with 7209 viewsadhoc_qpr

FIFA are nothing if not ballsy!

I'm still surprised that the other bidding countries have no legal ground to complain given such a significant change to the timing of the event.
Can't Pay, Won't Play on 12:21 - Feb 25 with 7207 viewskensalriser

Boycott and arrange Blatter's passage to Raqqa.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Can't Pay, Won't Play on 12:28 - Feb 25 with 7191 viewsdaveB

I'm not sure how they can take the money from countries bidding for a summer world cup then move it, can't be legal
Can't Pay, Won't Play on 12:34 - Feb 25 with 7177 viewsKonk

Can't Pay, Won't Play on 12:28 - Feb 25 by daveB

I'm not sure how they can take the money from countries bidding for a summer world cup then move it, can't be legal

Given their cash reserves, you’d think the least FIFA would do would be an offer to reimburse the other bidders. Might also be a nice touch if they say they’re going with “new territories” for specific tournaments, to save countries like ourselves wasting time and money. Alternatively, they could rid FIFA of corruption and cronyism, but that’s never going to happen. I watched very little of the last world cup and have almost no interest in international football now. It’s a cash cow for the despicable cu nts at FIFA (and UEFA) and I’d sooner have nothing to do with it.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Can't Pay, Won't Play on 12:50 - Feb 25 with 7137 viewsPommyhoop

Pretty old now. ( before Brazil WC) but he explains to the yanks all about how corrupt FIFA is.

7.50 'Non Profit organization'..
[Post edited 25 Feb 2015 12:57]

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Can't Pay, Won't Play (n/t) on 12:56 - Feb 25 with 7126 viewsPommyhoop

OOps ..NM..
[Post edited 25 Feb 2015 12:58]

Can't Pay, Won't Play on 13:00 - Feb 25 with 7116 viewsJuzzie

I think countries should just refuse to play. I really can't see how it will damage 'the game'.

Most of football is club based these days so not participating in a once-every-four-years tournament will not be a problem I think.

We failed to qualify on occasions in the past and never did any harm.
Login to get fewer ads

Can't Pay, Won't Play on 13:07 - Feb 25 with 7104 viewsRickyDicky

Australia's bid failed because they wanted a winter World Cup ! Heard it said that they could sue Fifa based on this fact.

Poll: Where will we finish next Year. Starting early.

Can't Pay, Won't Play on 13:26 - Feb 25 with 7058 viewsBostonR

If the European pwer-houses in football decided to boycott the 2022 tournament now, that would all but finish FIFA.

Peter Scudamore is a canny operator and I have a feeling the FA may just decide to take FIFA on. It's a complete "stitch-up" and FIFA think they can now bully world FA's into submission.

I sense this is going to get interesting.
Can't Pay, Won't Play on 13:32 - Feb 25 with 7043 viewsPommyhoop

Can't Pay, Won't Play on 13:07 - Feb 25 by RickyDicky

Australia's bid failed because they wanted a winter World Cup ! Heard it said that they could sue Fifa based on this fact.

It would've been Our Winter but the same months as the WC is always played. June @ July .?
temp's would've been perfect for football. Crying shame Aussies did'nt get it.

Can't Pay, Won't Play on 13:32 - Feb 25 with 7040 viewsderbyhoop

The FIFA spokesman (not Blatter) said there's 7 years to re-organise so no need to pay compensation.
They probably don't appreciate how lucrative English football is and how much money goes into the game for televising matches in November and December. How is it going to affect club's cashflow? How do you fit in the cup competitions? Just how early are they going to have to start? Do you carry on with the PL without 100+ of the best players and, possibly without Sky?

PL 2021/22 could finish in May 2022 and Europa League qualifying might have to start a week later. With the 2022/23 season starting at the beginning of July to fit in a 7 week break.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Can't Pay, Won't Play on 13:57 - Feb 25 with 6984 viewsJAPRANGERS

If the English FA refuse to take part, what exactly can/will FIFA do to us as punishment??

Time to abolish this corrupt organisation and start a new world body
Can't Pay, Won't Play on 14:22 - Feb 25 with 6945 viewsadhoc_qpr

I assume it's the loss of our TV market, rather than our woeful football team that would impact on the world cup revenues.

I'd happily support the FA pulling out on principal - but since we know the FA don't have any it's unlikely,

Also i can't see how we'll continue to pay off Wembley without any meaningful qualifiers during that world cup cycle.
Can't Pay, Won't Play on 14:48 - Feb 25 with 6918 viewsMatch82

Can't Pay, Won't Play on 13:57 - Feb 25 by JAPRANGERS

If the English FA refuse to take part, what exactly can/will FIFA do to us as punishment??

Time to abolish this corrupt organisation and start a new world body

Isn't UEFA a subset of FIFA?

If so then technically they could stop English clubs entering the Champions League.
They've got us by the balls and they know it.

Edit: 100% agree with you on the need for a rival body. You've got to imagine that those conversations are going on behind the scenes right now, it would take someone with financial backing to pull it off, but there's so much money in it that I think it will end up happening.
[Post edited 25 Feb 2015 14:49]
Can't Pay, Won't Play on 15:27 - Feb 25 with 6878 viewsMrSheen

Can't Pay, Won't Play on 13:07 - Feb 25 by RickyDicky

Australia's bid failed for lots of reasons: time zones inconvenient for big money broadcasters and sponsors, small media market, couldn't guarantee exclusive use of the stadiums during the AFL/NRL/Rugby season. It's a myth they were pipped by Qatar. They got one vote and the US came second.
Can't Pay, Won't Play on 09:34 - Feb 26 with 6734 viewsthemodfather

fifa seem to do what they want
UEFA could withdraw and that would leave fifa up the creek, fifa only get money from world cups, uefa has the champions lge and euro nations.
now if uefa had ALL the top nations stay with them....you'd only need say brazil, argentina, to be "invited" into a revamped tournament , others would soon follow, thereby uefa running a world cup.
i am not saying qatar has done any wrong, anywhere in the bidding but in the desert?? and it's not just the heat it's the major security too.
Can't Pay, Won't Play on 09:41 - Feb 26 with 6728 viewsQPunkR

It's all just a crock of shite. UEFA needs to leave the rest of the world and try to persuade the Americas to come along for the ride. Who the fúck would wanna watch a world cup hosted in the North Korean winter with Ivory Coast being the biggest team there? All the money would flow to the European/SA competition and FIFA would be out on their arse

QPR - "shit but local"

Can't Pay, Won't Play on 09:41 - Feb 26 with 6728 viewsBrianMcCarthy

No matter where in the world my friends live, they think that their National FA might 'take on' FIFA, as if FIFA are a dictatorship ruling by force, and is if their own National FA is the only one on the side of good.

I would suggest that FIFA rule by allowing the people who run the National FA's to get on board the gravy train, and that the gravy is so well distributed that it is no longer in anyone's interests to 'take on' anyone.

This latest stunt will sail through, I would think, because FIFA will have made sure that the FA's are already onside, and that the 'incentives' are already safely in place.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Can't Pay, Won't Play on 09:48 - Feb 26 with 6718 viewsPommyhoop

If we play our cards right it might end up like boxing and we could have loads of World Cups / Belts. Reckon we'd sneak one in??

Can't Pay, Won't Play on 09:53 - Feb 26 with 6709 viewsPommyhoop

Yeah I reckon we'd sneak a World Cup.

Can't Pay, Won't Play on 10:06 - Feb 26 with 6689 viewsisawqpratwcity

Can't Pay, Won't Play on 09:41 - Feb 26 by BrianMcCarthy

No matter where in the world my friends live, they think that their National FA might 'take on' FIFA, as if FIFA are a dictatorship ruling by force, and is if their own National FA is the only one on the side of good.

I would suggest that FIFA rule by allowing the people who run the National FA's to get on board the gravy train, and that the gravy is so well distributed that it is no longer in anyone's interests to 'take on' anyone.

This latest stunt will sail through, I would think, because FIFA will have made sure that the FA's are already onside, and that the 'incentives' are already safely in place.

Exactly, just like the Olympics.

Can't Pay, Won't Play on 10:10 - Feb 26 with 6684 viewsTheBlob

Can't Pay, Won't Play on 10:06 - Feb 26 by isawqpratwcity

The Yanks boycotted the 1980 Moscow Olympics without major repercussions?

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Can't Pay, Won't Play on 10:10 - Feb 26 with 6683 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Can't Pay, Won't Play on 10:06 - Feb 26 by isawqpratwcity

True, isaw.

This is too much money for them to take a chance on. It must surely be sewn up already.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Can't Pay, Won't Play on 10:37 - Feb 26 with 6656 viewsisawqpratwcity

Can't Pay, Won't Play on 10:10 - Feb 26 by TheBlob

The Yanks boycotted the 1980 Moscow Olympics without major repercussions?

That's where the 900lb gorilla sleeps.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024