Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Please Chris, drop BZ tomorrow 16:11 - Mar 6 with 3509 viewsqprewan

I do feel that persisting with Bobby up front is starting to get beyond a joke now. I know he was playing well back in October and November but come on; we need goals and up to now he has scored 2! I know some say that he holds the ball up well and I don't question his commitment but for our club in the position it is in to have a striker playing who can't score is a luxury we can't afford. We have the Chilean world cup centre forward and also Zarate in the squad who are both capable of beating a man and scoring goals; what other Premiership team would select BZ ahead of either of them; in fact what other Premiership club would have him in the team at all?

His deficiencies and limitations were highlighted all the more when we threw Caulk er up front for the last 10 mins or so the other night; he won at least 3 header flick ons in that time.. how many did Bobby win in the whole 90? CR himself said we can't rely on Charlie to score all the goals
... well play another striker who is capable of scoring then!
This is not meant to be overly critical of the manager as in general I like his aproach and positive attitude.
Please Chris, drop BZ tomorrow on 16:23 - Mar 6 with 3479 viewsDiscodroids

ive been sacrificing canning town virgins since the play off final to purge this blunt instrument of nothingness from w12.

it seems there are no virgins in canning town.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Please Chris, drop BZ tomorrow on 16:28 - Mar 6 with 3472 viewsadhoc_qpr

Playing a number 10 behind Charlie is worth a try to give us a bit more guile - we've got enough of them!
Please Chris, drop BZ tomorrow on 16:36 - Mar 6 with 3457 viewsdaveB

Please Chris, drop BZ tomorrow on 16:28 - Mar 6 by adhoc_qpr

Playing a number 10 behind Charlie is worth a try to give us a bit more guile - we've got enough of them!

We've got a lot of them injured at the moment
Please Chris, drop BZ tomorrow on 16:51 - Mar 6 with 3430 viewsderbyhoop

Rather than a black And white decision re our strikers, doesn't it depend on what our game plan is and the perceived weaknesses of the opposition. Arsenal have been notoriously vulnerable to a big physical striker. For 45 minutes it worked ok. Gabriel was getting bullied by BZ and Austin was getting attempts on goal. Second half it didn't but injuries and lack of match fitness meant Zamora had to play the full 90.

I'd be surprised if the same tactics and personnel are appropriate for Spurs. Even if everyone (BZ) was fit. At least we appear to have some options up front in Vargas and Zarate. Whether they will be more effective against Vertonghen & co remains to be seen. Very little evidence so far this season. Vargas has only 2 goals from 15+ appearances

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Please Chris, drop BZ tomorrow on 17:16 - Mar 6 with 3380 viewsWesty75

Bobby serves a purpose but it's well beyond him to expect a decent 90 mins. The trouble we have is that we have no one else who can hold it up (not that he did well at that the other night). We should have gone for a big lump from the lower divisions in the transfer window.
Please Chris, drop BZ tomorrow on 17:19 - Mar 6 with 3374 viewsJuzzie

Please Chris, drop BZ tomorrow on 16:51 - Mar 6 by derbyhoop

Rather than a black And white decision re our strikers, doesn't it depend on what our game plan is and the perceived weaknesses of the opposition. Arsenal have been notoriously vulnerable to a big physical striker. For 45 minutes it worked ok. Gabriel was getting bullied by BZ and Austin was getting attempts on goal. Second half it didn't but injuries and lack of match fitness meant Zamora had to play the full 90.

I'd be surprised if the same tactics and personnel are appropriate for Spurs. Even if everyone (BZ) was fit. At least we appear to have some options up front in Vargas and Zarate. Whether they will be more effective against Vertonghen & co remains to be seen. Very little evidence so far this season. Vargas has only 2 goals from 15+ appearances

Vargas has been played out of position a lot though. I'd like to se him given a chance to be an out-and-out striker. 442 with him and Austin?
Please Chris, drop BZ tomorrow on 17:20 - Mar 6 with 3365 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Phillips and Zarate on the wings and Austin and Vargas upfront would absolutely destroy the Tottenham defence in my opinion

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Please Chris, drop BZ tomorrow on 17:23 - Mar 6 with 3359 viewsWesty75

Please Chris, drop BZ tomorrow on 17:20 - Mar 6 by RANGERS4EVER

Phillips and Zarate on the wings and Austin and Vargas upfront would absolutely destroy the Tottenham defence in my opinion

Must say I wouldn't mind seeing them given a go together.
Login to get fewer ads

Please Chris, drop BZ tomorrow on 17:27 - Mar 6 with 3345 viewsTheBlob

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Please Chris, drop BZ tomorrow on 17:33 - Mar 6 with 3330 viewsjohncharles

Please Chris, drop BZ tomorrow on 17:27 - Mar 6 by TheBlob

If anyone ever needed a spellchecker ...............

Strong and stable my arse.

Please Chris, drop BZ tomorrow on 17:46 - Mar 6 with 3309 viewsFDC

Isn't the issue though that we have a ridiculously uncomplimentary squad? Yes we have quality players being wasted, but we also have a striker that's scored 15 goals that are the reason we're not rock bottom, who needs to play high up the pitch. Zamora is the only target man we have to enable that.

We could try a sexy style of football with Vargas and Zarate playing off through balls from Taarabt but it's a hell of a call at this stage.

The issues isn't that we're not using the squad properly, it's that we've got a ridiculous squad.
Please Chris, drop BZ tomorrow on 18:11 - Mar 6 with 3279 viewsqprewan

Please Chris, drop BZ tomorrow on 16:23 - Mar 6 by Discodroids

ive been sacrificing canning town virgins since the play off final to purge this blunt instrument of nothingness from w12.

it seems there are no virgins in canning town.

I know Disco; I hoped that he would leave after that goal too..I just don't get it; in just over 2 months he will be out of contract and hopefully on his way, with his goalscoring record or lack of it there will certainly be no takers in the Premiership or I would imagine in the top half of the Championship; and yet week after week he starts ahead of younger, more skilful and more talented players. We need goals desperately and need to at least try something different.
Please Chris, drop BZ tomorrow on 18:25 - Mar 6 with 3262 viewsAntti_Heinola

Please Chris, drop BZ tomorrow on 17:16 - Mar 6 by Westy75

Bobby serves a purpose but it's well beyond him to expect a decent 90 mins. The trouble we have is that we have no one else who can hold it up (not that he did well at that the other night). We should have gone for a big lump from the lower divisions in the transfer window.

Charlie held it up very well the other night.

Bare bones.

Please Chris, drop BZ tomorrow on 22:51 - Mar 6 with 3049 viewsHollowayRanger

bobby deals or get the big centreback marking him which frees up Austin

Austin would get this treatment if zamorra didn't play and id say be a lot less effective

the plus side would be the new striker the Italian would be my choice would get more chances and possible goals

after playing 90 mins id be surprised if zamorra starts tomorrow so id keep him for final 30 mns

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024