Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
North London Half 14:25 - Mar 13 with 3413 viewsRedbourneR

Spare a thought through your hangovers on Sunday morning for those of us who have got out of bed early to run the North London Half marathon, from the Saracens Allianz stadium in Copthall in Barnet down to Wembley. We run through Wembley Stadium - looking forward to some Bobby Zamora-driven memories there - then back up to the Allianz Stadium for the finish. Never run this far before in my life (now early 50s) but decided to have a go at doing something healthy for a change, rather than just shout at the linesman.

Anyone else having a go?
North London Half on 14:36 - Mar 13 with 3394 viewsTonto

saw that one, but I was on holiday last week, so wouldnt be able to be at peak fitness. Doing the St Albans one in the summer, and failed to get a spot on the Royal Parks half.

I'm trying to improve my time this year.

Good luck - get a decent hi tempo playlist on your ipod, and just keep going. Its a greeat feeling finishing your first one!

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

North London Half on 14:37 - Mar 13 with 3392 viewsMytch_QPR

Good luck, Redbourne.

I got back into running last year (after an absence of 10 years) - did the Surrey Half last week (in my black and red hoops) then doing Fleet Half next week - all building up to the big one in April (in my hoops). I'm 45 so not breaking any records but I just go at a steady pace and finish mid-table (unlike our beloved team!)

Take it easy, enjoy the day and try a cold bath for 5-10 mins when you get home - you'll feel better for it on Monday morning.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

North London Half on 14:51 - Mar 13 with 3364 viewsEastR

Good luck on Sunday Redbourn — a half is no mean distance to undertake.
Took up running myself in the last few years — it must be a forty something thing.
Did the Surrey half last year Mytch when it was Guildford — Woking and back, and have run a couple of the full versions in Dublin and London.
Which marathon are you doing next month?

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

North London Half on 14:54 - Mar 13 with 3356 viewsRedbourneR

Thanks - I've had some others suggest the cold bath option (the word 'ice' has been used) but I'm going to find the run torture enough, don't think I could do that to myself as well. I'll just stretch out properly and hope that means I'm still functioning on Monday.
Seeing as how this is my first one, I'm not that bothered about a time, but just looking forward to completing it. From never having run before, until last year when I followed an NHS podcast, From Couch to 5k, I'm just happy to be out there doing it, frankly. Plus it's cheaper than any gym.
Quite fancy the Royal Parks - someone suggested I try the Bridges, when you run over most of London's bridges. DOn't know when that is, though.
North London Half on 15:05 - Mar 13 with 3335 viewsMytch_QPR

North London Half on 14:51 - Mar 13 by EastR

Good luck on Sunday Redbourn — a half is no mean distance to undertake.
Took up running myself in the last few years — it must be a forty something thing.
Did the Surrey half last year Mytch when it was Guildford — Woking and back, and have run a couple of the full versions in Dublin and London.
Which marathon are you doing next month?

Hi EastR,

The big one - London - for me in April. First time I've done a full marathon. Have done training runs up to 18 miles and have a 20 mile event on 29 March at Dunsfold.

I figured it's now or never - will be 46 a few days before London Marathon, got offered a space for a Surrey-based charity (Lifetrain Trust) so thought I would go for it.

I will be sticking the sponsorship link up a week or so beforehand if anyone wants to spare a few bob for a worthy cause - Konk has already set a splendid example and PM'd me for the link (and weighed in)!

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

North London Half on 17:54 - Mar 13 with 3227 viewsrunningman75

North London Half on 15:05 - Mar 13 by Mytch_QPR

Hi EastR,

The big one - London - for me in April. First time I've done a full marathon. Have done training runs up to 18 miles and have a 20 mile event on 29 March at Dunsfold.

I figured it's now or never - will be 46 a few days before London Marathon, got offered a space for a Surrey-based charity (Lifetrain Trust) so thought I would go for it.

I will be sticking the sponsorship link up a week or so beforehand if anyone wants to spare a few bob for a worthy cause - Konk has already set a splendid example and PM'd me for the link (and weighed in)!

Good luck. I am running the Wimbledon Half Marathon on Sunday. My tactics are always to start slowly and build up from around 11 miles. It is fun passing youngsters who decide to sprint off and do not respect the distance.
North London Half on 08:39 - Mar 14 with 3087 viewsMytch_QPR

North London Half on 17:54 - Mar 13 by runningman75

Good luck. I am running the Wimbledon Half Marathon on Sunday. My tactics are always to start slowly and build up from around 11 miles. It is fun passing youngsters who decide to sprint off and do not respect the distance.

Have a good one - for the first time I was quicker on the second half when I did the Surrey Half last week. Agreed, it's good to pace yourself then have a good finish. I can't believe some of the people who clearly don't train for these events and start walking after about 5 miles!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024