Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Vargas as a striker 16:32 - Mar 25 with 6539 viewsnightwish

Will we ever see Vargas play upfront as a striker alongside Charlie Austin?Pretty certain when he scored earlier in the season is the one and only time he has started upfront.We have nothing to lose by trying this pairing for a few games
Vargas as a striker on 16:33 - Mar 25 with 4666 viewsNorthernr

No.

Now I get to set the next question. Will there ever be a boy born who can swim faster than a shark?
Vargas as a striker on 16:35 - Mar 25 with 4656 viewsSimonJames

Vargas as a striker on 16:33 - Mar 25 by Northernr

No.

Now I get to set the next question. Will there ever be a boy born who can swim faster than a shark?

Yes

100% of people who drink water will die.

Vargas as a striker on 16:35 - Mar 25 with 4651 viewsTheBlob

No.

Only if the shark gets to swim out on the wing.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Vargas as a striker on 16:45 - Mar 25 with 4637 viewsdaveB

Vargas is the new Sandro in being the answer to all of our problems when not in the side, then he plays and he's back to being crap again
Vargas as a striker on 16:50 - Mar 25 with 4622 viewsTacticalR

Vargas as a striker on 16:35 - Mar 25 by SimonJames

Yes

Are the boy Vargas and Marine Boy by any chance related?

Air hostess clique

Vargas as a striker on 16:50 - Mar 25 with 4616 viewsTheBlob

Vargas as a striker on 16:45 - Mar 25 by daveB

Vargas is the new Sandro in being the answer to all of our problems when not in the side, then he plays and he's back to being crap again

What,getting on the scoresheet in his allotted 20 minutes is crap?How long did it take Bobby to do that?

Vargas as a striker on 16:54 - Mar 25 with 4600 viewsdaveB

Vargas as a striker on 16:50 - Mar 25 by TheBlob

What,getting on the scoresheet in his allotted 20 minutes is crap?How long did it take Bobby to do that?

not saying that at all.

just wait for him to start a game and see the reaction on here. Will be similar to when everyone screamed for young players to be in the side then Furlong played and it quickly went the other way.
Vargas as a striker on 16:56 - Mar 25 with 4581 viewsTheBlob

Vargas as a striker on 16:54 - Mar 25 by daveB

not saying that at all.

just wait for him to start a game and see the reaction on here. Will be similar to when everyone screamed for young players to be in the side then Furlong played and it quickly went the other way.

I think the operative phrase is "back to being crap",how can one misinterpret that?
btw are you and Jordanfoster conjoined twins by any chance?

Login to get fewer ads

Vargas as a striker on 16:58 - Mar 25 with 4569 viewsDiscodroids

No.

i think you'll find my dear northern, tony f tweeted that very same question only a few days ago..

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/141316/tonys-new-t

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Vargas as a striker on 17:02 - Mar 25 with 4566 viewsdaveB

Vargas as a striker on 16:56 - Mar 25 by TheBlob

I think the operative phrase is "back to being crap",how can one misinterpret that?
btw are you and Jordanfoster conjoined twins by any chance?

last time he was a regular in the side he was getting slated on here for being crap, few weeks away and he's amazing again.
Vargas as a striker on 17:17 - Mar 25 with 4531 viewssimmo

Vargas as a striker on 17:02 - Mar 25 by daveB

last time he was a regular in the side he was getting slated on here for being crap, few weeks away and he's amazing again.

Absolute selective bollocks as usual. Name one game where he's been utilised properly upfront alongside somebody else? He was alone up top away at Everton, other than that he's never been used in a way that get's the most out of him.

I am not saying he's the singular answer to all our problems, but he addresses 2 or 3 of the constant criticisms within our match day squad such as a lack of pace, an inability to travel with the ball, having somebody other than Charlie to finish and not playing one dimensionally with Booby fckin Zamora. I know you love that amazing period where we won at home against the worst Villa team in the world and then scored from 2 set pieces and a penalty against an awful West Brom, but 4-4-2 with Zamora has not worked and watching it is like acid in my eyes.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Vargas as a striker on 17:22 - Mar 25 with 4517 viewsdodge_stoke_r

Vargas as a striker on 16:54 - Mar 25 by daveB

not saying that at all.

If enough people ask for it then he will probably start up front the next game. I think Ramsey gets most of his ideas by reading the forums.
Forum: "More youth"
CR: Enter Furlong, Doughty and Grego-Cox
Forum: "Youth players cost us"
CR: Oh Fcuk, drop the youngsters
Forum: "Vargas up top"
CR: Errrr what about Vargas up front?
' Though I do admit my theory has holes in it as I dont rememer anyone shouting for Shaun Wright Phillips' inclusion ever. NOT EVER
Vargas as a striker on 17:23 - Mar 25 with 4515 viewsdaveB

He played up front against Stoke at home and was rubbish, moved to the right for the next few games and looked far better so can see why he's been played there.

For me when I've seen him play for Chile he looks good in a high tempo pressing team as the main forward with good movement off him, players running past him into the box. We don't have any players that suit that way of playing.

I just think if two managers short of options up front have watched him every day for 9 months and neither of them have picked him up front then possibly there is a valid reason for him not being played there.
Vargas as a striker on 17:29 - Mar 25 with 4506 viewsNorthernr

I agree with dave to a certain extent here, although I do believe Vargas should be given a prolonged run properly up front.

But, as he says, wait until he has two or three bad games. "Fcking usless, shouldn't be getting loan players in, shouldn't be getting foreign players in, he doesn't care, big time charlie etc etc etc." Go back to the threads after the Man Utd game where he went through on goal and duffed it, he got slaughtered.

Redknapp got slaughtered (rightly) for never picking a young player. Ramsey picks Furlong and we lose the game and it's "well I wouldn't have picked him in that game, hung him out to dry, totally unfair on the lad, Ramsey's an idiot" etc etc. Overlooking the fact that there was nobody else available of course.

"We want long term planning, enough of this short term etc etc" is now "well we should have bought more players in January".

The worry is Fernandes seems to listen to so much of this crap, mainly on Twitter, and run the club by it.
Vargas as a striker on 17:39 - Mar 25 with 4486 viewsNorthernr

A selection of post Man Utd threads and posts......

I don't understand the Vargas love. The guy is weak on the ball, rarely gets off a good shot, and repeatedly gives the ball away. He also rarely plays defense. That 3-1 today was pathetic.

I really disagree with the Vargas aspect of this to be honest. To many times we are lacking width down the right because he just gets sucked in. There will be an acre of space over RW corner and he will be wandering around 20 feet behind. He is not a winger and should not be being played there. He pops up everywhere except where he is meant to be playing which makes us very unbalanced. He will get the ball in the middle and try and dribble out to many times, his decision making isn't great and bugger me, we all knew he needed to hit it or square it to Austin at the end, instead he did the sum total of F all with it. I think Vargas is a bit of a myth really. Play him up top, which is his preferred position, and he will look miles better.

motm

1. henry
2 green
3 Austin

worst 3

fer such a big bloke wheres his heart?
zamorra not his fault but slows everything down
isna/vargas both very wasteful today

Vargas seems incapable of getting a decent shot away. Keeps the ball well and can beat people, but no end product.

Vargas isn't a positive for me, he's been a massive disappointment. Glad you enjoyed your tea!

Vargas is full of effort but his distribution and decision making today was on the verge of embarrassing at times. There seems to be a loss of confidence and a lack of willingness to just fecking shoot. He chooses a badly assessed pass each time.

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/136447/eduardo-var
Vargas as a striker on 17:54 - Mar 25 with 4456 viewsTheBlob

Well it's academic really.The likes of Juventus are tracking him now,he won't stick around and you've only got a few games left to endure the useless little tart.

Vargas as a striker on 18:00 - Mar 25 with 4448 viewsstevec

The midfield is always so unbalanced it doesn't matter who we play up front, they all end up looking shit.
Vargas as a striker on 18:00 - Mar 25 with 4448 viewsJamie

Vargas as a striker on 17:54 - Mar 25 by TheBlob

Well it's academic really.The likes of Juventus are tracking him now,he won't stick around and you've only got a few games left to endure the useless little tart.

And you too presumably?

You're certainly overdue a flounce.
Vargas as a striker on 18:04 - Mar 25 with 4436 viewsTheBlob

Vargas as a striker on 18:00 - Mar 25 by Jamie

And you too presumably?

You're certainly overdue a flounce.

Tsk tsk.Isn't it about time you were cleaning out the toilets at Stamford Bridge?

Vargas as a striker on 18:06 - Mar 25 with 4425 viewsdaveB

Vargas as a striker on 17:29 - Mar 25 by Northernr

I agree with dave to a certain extent here, although I do believe Vargas should be given a prolonged run properly up front.

But, as he says, wait until he has two or three bad games. "Fcking usless, shouldn't be getting loan players in, shouldn't be getting foreign players in, he doesn't care, big time charlie etc etc etc." Go back to the threads after the Man Utd game where he went through on goal and duffed it, he got slaughtered.

Redknapp got slaughtered (rightly) for never picking a young player. Ramsey picks Furlong and we lose the game and it's "well I wouldn't have picked him in that game, hung him out to dry, totally unfair on the lad, Ramsey's an idiot" etc etc. Overlooking the fact that there was nobody else available of course.

"We want long term planning, enough of this short term etc etc" is now "well we should have bought more players in January".

The worry is Fernandes seems to listen to so much of this crap, mainly on Twitter, and run the club by it.

I'd play him as well, all i'm saying is he's one of many who become far better players when they are not playing. If he comes in and struggles it will be someone else who should be playing, probably Taarabt.

The club is run on the idea that we are only ever one change away from it all coming together and sadly as fans we don't help with that
Vargas as a striker on 18:23 - Mar 25 with 4393 viewsqprewan

I agree with a lot of the comments on here; think we are all a bit guilty of clutching at straws a bit; I have been disappointed a few times by Vargas even though he has often been played out of position; but disappointed is nothing compared to having to watch Bobby 2 goals all season bloody Zammora lumbering about up front; as Disco and Simmo have articulated better than me it's absolutely soul destroying!
Vargas as a striker on 21:22 - Mar 25 with 4253 viewsPunteR

Vargas is our best player imho.
I cant believe we're not getting the best out of him.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Vargas as a striker on 21:41 - Mar 25 with 4221 viewsCiderwithRsie

I'm amazed that this doesn't seem to have been picked up on in the general press.

QPR are heading for relegation while they have a player who scores at almost one goal per two international games, for a good international side, yet have hardly played him as a striker all season. Instead they've chosen to use a player who scores less than 1 goal in 9 games over 4 seasons for us.
Vargas as a striker on 21:43 - Mar 25 with 4218 viewsRBlock

Vargas as a striker on 17:39 - Mar 25 by Northernr

A selection of post Man Utd threads and posts......

I don't understand the Vargas love. The guy is weak on the ball, rarely gets off a good shot, and repeatedly gives the ball away. He also rarely plays defense. That 3-1 today was pathetic.

I really disagree with the Vargas aspect of this to be honest. To many times we are lacking width down the right because he just gets sucked in. There will be an acre of space over RW corner and he will be wandering around 20 feet behind. He is not a winger and should not be being played there. He pops up everywhere except where he is meant to be playing which makes us very unbalanced. He will get the ball in the middle and try and dribble out to many times, his decision making isn't great and bugger me, we all knew he needed to hit it or square it to Austin at the end, instead he did the sum total of F all with it. I think Vargas is a bit of a myth really. Play him up top, which is his preferred position, and he will look miles better.

motm

1. henry
2 green
3 Austin

worst 3

fer such a big bloke wheres his heart?
zamorra not his fault but slows everything down
isna/vargas both very wasteful today

Vargas seems incapable of getting a decent shot away. Keeps the ball well and can beat people, but no end product.

Vargas isn't a positive for me, he's been a massive disappointment. Glad you enjoyed your tea!

Vargas is full of effort but his distribution and decision making today was on the verge of embarrassing at times. There seems to be a loss of confidence and a lack of willingness to just fecking shoot. He chooses a badly assessed pass each time.

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/136447/eduardo-var

That second post is mine, and I said we should play him through the middle. Not crap, just not effective out wide. It's the round pegs in round holes argument!
Vargas as a striker on 22:34 - Mar 25 with 4174 viewsSimonJames

Vargas as a striker on 17:29 - Mar 25 by Northernr

(Being primarily a rugby man) I'm probably being naive, but it seems to me that players with pedigree should be played in their best positions and it's up to the others to adapt. Otherwise how will they get better fast?

100% of people who drink water will die.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024