Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Barton: I'd have 100 caps for any home nation but England 04:39 - Mar 31 with 10492 viewsTearsOfaClown

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02n4023

.... the silence is deafening

Deluded as well as deranged.

Taxi for Barton

Barton: I'd have 100 caps for any home nation but England on 07:05 - Mar 31 with 8147 viewsdaveB

I think he's half joking about that, he would have a lot of caps if he was welsh or Northern Irish but obviously not 100
Barton: I'd have 100 caps for any home nation but England on 07:25 - Mar 31 with 8114 viewsAgedR

He'd have lots for Gibraltar, maybe as many as 20.

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

Barton: I'd have 100 caps for any home nation but England on 07:56 - Mar 31 with 8072 viewsShotKneesHoop

If Barton is such a good player - how come he's been on our books for the last four years?

I'm waiting for SWP to claim the same thing. How that waste of space got any England caps at all shows the poor judgment of previous England managers.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Barton: I'd have 100 caps for any home nation but England on 08:14 - Mar 31 with 8048 viewsqprmeath

Mc Geady has almost 80 for Ireland so not that hard to imagine in my opinion
Barton: I'd have 100 caps for any home nation but England on 08:15 - Mar 31 with 8047 viewssilky

I seriously feel towards Barton like ShotKnees feels towards SWP.

Seriously can't wait to get rid of that cancer from our club. It better be the end of this season. Any sign of a renewal and ill of lost any lasting good will I have towards the club.

He is a Tool of the highest order.

Poll: Do you think this current QPR team has got what is takes to go up this year?

Barton: I'd have 100 caps for any home nation but England on 08:41 - Mar 31 with 8002 viewsDiscodroids

another monstrous ego..Sol Campbell

A few weeks back, the sports minister, Helen Grant, arranged a summit at Whitehall to discuss why there are so few black managers and coaches in the game. Senior figures from the Football Association were there, along with the Premier League, the Professional Footballers’ Association and the Football League. There were guests from Kick It Out and Show Racism the Red Card and Sol Campbell also received an invitation, as an ex-England player who is frustrated, understandably, by the lack of opportunities.

What Campbell does not appear to realise, perhaps, is that the best way to get a point across is without ego or too much self-esteem.

On this occasion he wanted the FA’s technical director, Dan Ashworth, to explain why Gary Neville had been fast-tracked through the system to become one of Roy Hodgson’s assistants with the England team. Ashworth started talking about the favourable impression Neville had made on Hodgson and the players and was running through the processes that were involved when Campbell put out his hand to interrupt him. This is when things started to get a little strange.

“But I am Sol Campbell.”

As you might imagine, that isn’t a particularly easy sentence to come back from. Ashworth did his best to continue because, well, what else could he do? But it is fair to say the entire room had been engulfed in awkwardness and when Ashworth stopped talking there was another tumbleweed moment. Campbell, hand out, ended the conversation in the same way he had started it.

“But I am Sol Campbell.”

The footballing equivalent of spinal taps Nigel Tufnell 'but these go up to 11' sketch. Extra points if Campbell responded in the same monotone voice.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Barton: I'd have 100 caps for any home nation but England on 09:20 - Mar 31 with 7934 viewskensalriser

Campbell and Barton - the dream team management for Looney Tunes FC.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Barton: I'd have 100 caps for any home nation but England on 09:24 - Mar 31 with 7924 viewsTearsOfaClown

Barton: I'd have 100 caps for any home nation but England on 07:05 - Mar 31 by daveB

I think he's half joking about that, he would have a lot of caps if he was welsh or Northern Irish but obviously not 100

red cards perhaps . . . but if he was joking how come no one even tittered, nay nay and thrice nay.
Login to get fewer ads

Barton: I'd have 100 caps for any home nation but England on 09:30 - Mar 31 with 7910 viewsdaveB

Barton: I'd have 100 caps for any home nation but England on 09:24 - Mar 31 by TearsOfaClown

red cards perhaps . . . but if he was joking how come no one even tittered, nay nay and thrice nay.

because the other 3 pundits take everything literally?

I understand the growing anger towards Barton but he's not all bad, once again been one of our better players this season, we'll miss him when he's gone even though I think he should go this summer.
Barton: I'd have 100 caps for any home nation but England on 10:50 - Mar 31 with 7816 viewsderbyhoop

And he wouldn't have been on a wind up, would he?

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Barton: I'd have 100 caps for any home nation but England on 12:06 - Mar 31 with 7753 viewsDorse

It's not well known but I would have been the WBC Light Welterweight Champion. All I needed to do was train harder, learn to box, lose 6 stone, turn professional and beat all the other boxers. But, you know, it's politics, all politics.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Barton: I'd have 100 caps for any home nation but England on 12:29 - Mar 31 with 7716 viewsW7Ranger

Barton: I'd have 100 caps for any home nation but England on 08:41 - Mar 31 by Discodroids

A few weeks back, the sports minister, Helen Grant, arranged a summit at Whitehall to discuss why there are so few black managers and coaches in the game. Senior figures from the Football Association were there, along with the Premier League, the Professional Footballers’ Association and the Football League. There were guests from Kick It Out and Show Racism the Red Card and Sol Campbell also received an invitation, as an ex-England player who is frustrated, understandably, by the lack of opportunities.

What Campbell does not appear to realise, perhaps, is that the best way to get a point across is without ego or too much self-esteem.

On this occasion he wanted the FA’s technical director, Dan Ashworth, to explain why Gary Neville had been fast-tracked through the system to become one of Roy Hodgson’s assistants with the England team. Ashworth started talking about the favourable impression Neville had made on Hodgson and the players and was running through the processes that were involved when Campbell put out his hand to interrupt him. This is when things started to get a little strange.

“But I am Sol Campbell.”

As you might imagine, that isn’t a particularly easy sentence to come back from. Ashworth did his best to continue because, well, what else could he do? But it is fair to say the entire room had been engulfed in awkwardness and when Ashworth stopped talking there was another tumbleweed moment. Campbell, hand out, ended the conversation in the same way he had started it.

“But I am Sol Campbell.”

The footballing equivalent of spinal taps Nigel Tufnell 'but these go up to 11' sketch. Extra points if Campbell responded in the same monotone voice.

Is there a video of this? I'd love to see it!! hahaha...
Barton: I'd have 100 caps for any home nation but England on 12:40 - Mar 31 with 7702 viewsNorthernr

He's only managed 89 appearances for QPR - half of those in the Championship.
Fcking mouthy dickhead.
Barton: I'd have 100 caps for any home nation but England on 12:41 - Mar 31 with 7701 viewsdaveB

Barton: I'd have 100 caps for any home nation but England on 08:41 - Mar 31 by Discodroids

“But I am Sol Campbell.”

“But I am Sol Campbell.”

Sol Campbell might help Sol Campbell if he actually applied for jobs and did the coaching badges rather than spend his time telling everyone who wants to hear that Sol Campbell is the victim of racism.
Barton: I'd have 100 caps for any home nation but England on 12:45 - Mar 31 with 7691 viewsW7Ranger

Barton: I'd have 100 caps for any home nation but England on 12:41 - Mar 31 by daveB

Sol Campbell might help Sol Campbell if he actually applied for jobs and did the coaching badges rather than spend his time telling everyone who wants to hear that Sol Campbell is the victim of racism.

Crrrrriiiiiiiiiiinge!!

Barton: I'd have 100 caps for any home nation but England on 12:46 - Mar 31 with 7690 viewsJamie

Barton: I'd have 100 caps for any home nation but England on 12:41 - Mar 31 by daveB

Don't be daft Dave. He's already explained that he's not going to bother doing his badges because everyone is implicit in a racist conspiracy to keep him out of a managerial job so it's pointless.

All crystal clear.
[Post edited 31 Mar 2015 12:46]
Barton: I'd have 100 caps for any home nation but England on 12:46 - Mar 31 with 7688 viewsNorthernr

Similar story with John Barnes. A manager so useless he even failed in Scotland with Celtic, which should be like opening a can of tuna with a fcking elephant gun, but who continues to blame racism for his lack of managerial opportunities.
Barton: I'd have 100 caps for any home nation but England on 12:53 - Mar 31 with 7660 viewsW7Ranger

Barton: I'd have 100 caps for any home nation but England on 12:46 - Mar 31 by Northernr

Similar story with John Barnes. A manager so useless he even failed in Scotland with Celtic, which should be like opening a can of tuna with a fcking elephant gun, but who continues to blame racism for his lack of managerial opportunities.

And why didn't they let a white player rap in World In Motion???!!!
Barton: I'd have 100 caps for any home nation but England on 12:55 - Mar 31 with 7655 viewsR_from_afar

100? Wow, that's a lot, in fact it is just over four times the number of corners Barton has taken in his career which have beaten the first man. Probably.

Barton: A gob like a catflap in a gale.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Barton: I'd have 100 caps for any home nation but England on 13:48 - Mar 31 with 7580 viewsheadhoops

100 caps = 9,000 minutes of football.
As opposed to the 18 minutes he got as a sub versus Spain when he outclassed Xavi , Iniesta and Alonso. Not.
Joseph Barton a gob like a pub sign in a hurricane.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

Barton: I'd have 100 caps for any home nation but England on 14:06 - Mar 31 with 7562 viewsW7Ranger

I'm not sure what grates on me most, his deludedness (is that a real word?) or his ridiculous voice! Can you imagine Campbell as Captain "barking" out orders???

"I say old chap... yes you, you over there, Gareth Neville! Would you mind awwfulleh just pushing up a tad old bean??"

[Post edited 31 Mar 2015 14:08]
Barton: I'd have 100 caps for any home nation but England on 14:10 - Mar 31 with 7550 viewsdaveB

Barton: I'd have 100 caps for any home nation but England on 13:48 - Mar 31 by headhoops

100 caps = 9,000 minutes of football.
As opposed to the 18 minutes he got as a sub versus Spain when he outclassed Xavi , Iniesta and Alonso. Not.
Joseph Barton a gob like a pub sign in a hurricane.

Thats kind of the point he's making that the other 4 nations are crap so someone like him who is not good enough for England would get 100 caps for them
Barton: I'd have 100 caps for any home nation but England on 14:17 - Mar 31 with 7536 viewsQPR1882

Look how many caps John Barnes got, and he was shit apart from one goal in Brazil.
Barton: I'd have 100 caps for any home nation but England on 14:24 - Mar 31 with 7526 viewsbob566

Barton: I'd have 100 caps for any home nation but England on 14:10 - Mar 31 by daveB

Thats kind of the point he's making that the other 4 nations are crap so someone like him who is not good enough for England would get 100 caps for them

they're fairly crap but i'm not so sure he's any step up on hoolihan and mccartney for ireland.

Granted hoolihan is championship at the moment with norwich but he'll be premiership next year.

don't know off the top of my head who is in the middle for scotand and wales. Whoever is beside ramsey i guess for wales and maybe nasmith for scotland.

But off the top of my head there are four of the six center mid spots available that he's already behind in the pecking order.

He's deluded dave. Love your sane posts all the time but you're wrong on this one I reckon.

I know that those are the current line ups and he's probably referring to his newcastle and city days in his prime but not sure he would have gotten in then either. Can't be bothered going back to see who played back then.
Barton: I'd have 100 caps for any home nation but England on 14:31 - Mar 31 with 7503 viewsTGRRRSSS

I have no idea if he'd have 100 but I do think in all honesty Barton would have had many caps had he been from any of the other home nations.
However the reality is he has only himself to blame for his failings in terms of the type of career (as his draws towards it's close) he perhaps might... possibly should have had.
However I don't think he imroved as much as he ought to have from about 24 onwards.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024