Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
F.A.O - Karl, Queens Park Rangers and Hibernians!!! 19:33 - Apr 26 with 2529 viewsnewgolddream

Great last day's action in the Scottish Championship on Saturday next. Hibs and Rangers fighting it out for the runners-up spot and hoping to avoid QOS in the first play-off match. Tough game at Falkirk for Hibs but would expect them to at least match Rangers result who play Hearts in Tyncastle. My club Livingston have finally moved off the bottom of the table and can avoid automatic relegation with a win at home to QOS providing Cowdenbeath don't win at Alloa. All kicks off at 12.15 and will be a great appetiser before QPR's daunting trip to Anfield. Any thoughts Karl??
[Post edited 26 Apr 2015 19:37]
F.A.O - Karl, Queens Park Rangers and Hibernians!!! on 22:36 - Apr 26 with 2457 viewskarl

Was thinking about you this last week mate, good result at Almondvale for Hibs and Livi get back on track at the weekend (and off the bottom of league, at least Hibs helped by beating Alloa!)
Hopefully for Livi Queen of the South rest a few players as they are guaranteed their play off spot and will have a heavy schedule of 6 games if they hope to win promotion, also their away form is nothing like as good as at home. Hopefully Hibs go to Falkirk and get a bit of revenge for the semi Final and get 2nd in the league, the schedule really is tough to get through if you are 3rd or 4th (those that dont know in the Scottish play offs 3rd plays 4th home/away then the winner plays 2nd home/away before then the winner finally playing 11th in SPL home/away to see who gets that place in SPL).
This was how Hibs got relegated last year and I had the dubious pleasure of getting on a bus at Victoria 11pm after Wembley and watching Hibs lose on penalties to Hamilton, hungover and short sighted after my glasses got trampled on after THE goal!
Not sure what I'll be doing these playoffs, apart from buying unbreakable glasses?

Btw seen one rumour that Hippolyte might be joining Hibs?
F.A.O - Karl, Queens Park Rangers and Hibernians!!! on 10:57 - Apr 27 with 2338 viewsnewgolddream

F.A.O - Karl, Queens Park Rangers and Hibernians!!! on 22:36 - Apr 26 by karl

Was thinking about you this last week mate, good result at Almondvale for Hibs and Livi get back on track at the weekend (and off the bottom of league, at least Hibs helped by beating Alloa!)
Hopefully for Livi Queen of the South rest a few players as they are guaranteed their play off spot and will have a heavy schedule of 6 games if they hope to win promotion, also their away form is nothing like as good as at home. Hopefully Hibs go to Falkirk and get a bit of revenge for the semi Final and get 2nd in the league, the schedule really is tough to get through if you are 3rd or 4th (those that dont know in the Scottish play offs 3rd plays 4th home/away then the winner plays 2nd home/away before then the winner finally playing 11th in SPL home/away to see who gets that place in SPL).
This was how Hibs got relegated last year and I had the dubious pleasure of getting on a bus at Victoria 11pm after Wembley and watching Hibs lose on penalties to Hamilton, hungover and short sighted after my glasses got trampled on after THE goal!
Not sure what I'll be doing these playoffs, apart from buying unbreakable glasses?

Wouldn't surprise me to see Hippolyte joining Hibs. Was fantastic in Challenge Cup final and deserves a bigger stage. If Hibs were to make the final play-off game it will probably be against Motherwell who are managed by Ian Baraclough, ex-QPR and who led my Irish club Sligo Rovers to 3 trophies in recent years. Huge chance for Livi to take 3 points on Saturday and keep our heads above water for another season. Good luck to Hibs in the play-offs who will hopefully join Hearts in the SPL.
F.A.O - Karl, Queens Park Rangers and Hibernians!!! on 11:26 - Apr 27 with 2328 viewsDWQPR

F.A.O - Karl, Queens Park Rangers and Hibernians!!! on 22:36 - Apr 26 by karl

Always look out for the HIbs result Karl as they were my late-Dad's Scottish team after he took an afternoon off work to go to Stamford Bridge in the early 1950's when Hibs had a great team and won the league on a couple of occasions scoring for fun in the process. I believe that the score was 2-2 but cannot find any reference to it on the internet. Whether you can shed any more light on this game?

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

F.A.O - Karl, Queens Park Rangers and Hibernians!!! on 12:39 - Apr 27 with 2308 viewskarl

F.A.O - Karl, Queens Park Rangers and Hibernians!!! on 11:26 - Apr 27 by DWQPR

Always look out for the HIbs result Karl as they were my late-Dad's Scottish team after he took an afternoon off work to go to Stamford Bridge in the early 1950's when Hibs had a great team and won the league on a couple of occasions scoring for fun in the process. I believe that the score was 2-2 but cannot find any reference to it on the internet. Whether you can shed any more light on this game?

I've asked a Hibs stats man if he can shed any light on it.
Hibs were a popular team for English sides to play in friendlies, although this was mainly at Easter Road due to them being an early club to have floodlights. A great time for Hibs with a successful team and the huge post war attendances too
F.A.O - Karl, Queens Park Rangers and Hibernians!!! on 14:15 - May 2 with 2230 viewskarl

So far so good New gold!
Win at Anfield now please!!
F.A.O - Karl, Queens Park Rangers and Hibernians!!! on 02:33 - May 3 with 2188 viewsFredManRave

So, Karl, you'll be hoping for a play-off semi final against Queen Of The South now then?!

Still a lot of football to be played. I've only just read now about how it all works. Rangers could have 6 more games to play before they get promoted but they won't will they, it'll be Hibs with four more.

Exciting end to the season awaits though...

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

F.A.O - Karl, Queens Park Rangers and Hibernians!!! on 15:45 - May 3 with 2094 viewsIngham

Nice to see the the Rs and the Hibees in the same thread.

Would be even better to see Leith's golden age of the Fifties return (ok, the Jambos flourished then as well, but you can't have everything) and a modern Famous Five leading Hibs to further titles (and surpassing their semi-final appearance in the first European Cup in 1955!).

I remember a memorable day on the ice at Easter Road when George Best led them to a 2-1 win over the Huns. Never got to the ground very often but I also recall 9-2 (a QPR score for some of us veterans) over Clydebank, was it, when the only thing that got the crowd really going was a sub appearance by an ageing Pat Stanton!

Anyone remember the 'Mental Hibees' song?
F.A.O - Karl, Queens Park Rangers and Hibernians!!! on 16:01 - May 3 with 2078 viewsganjR

F.A.O - Karl, Queens Park Rangers and Hibernians!!! on 15:45 - May 3 by Ingham

Nice to see the the Rs and the Hibees in the same thread.

Would be even better to see Leith's golden age of the Fifties return (ok, the Jambos flourished then as well, but you can't have everything) and a modern Famous Five leading Hibs to further titles (and surpassing their semi-final appearance in the first European Cup in 1955!).

I remember a memorable day on the ice at Easter Road when George Best led them to a 2-1 win over the Huns. Never got to the ground very often but I also recall 9-2 (a QPR score for some of us veterans) over Clydebank, was it, when the only thing that got the crowd really going was a sub appearance by an ageing Pat Stanton!

Anyone remember the 'Mental Hibees' song?

INGHAM!!!
Hope you are well sir.
I remember you writing out the words to the song on 1 of LFW's previous incarnations.
We should look to get a link up between the clubs. Both Capital sides, both with catholic beginnings and both ingrained in my heart... (The 3rd one is a bit of a crap reason tbh)
Login to get fewer ads

F.A.O - Karl, Queens Park Rangers and Hibernians!!! on 19:07 - May 3 with 2037 viewsnewgolddream

F.A.O - Karl, Queens Park Rangers and Hibernians!!! on 14:15 - May 2 by karl

So far so good New gold!
Win at Anfield now please!!

Fantastic day for Livingston. To survive and lift a trophy was a wonderful achievement and justifies the faith Mark Burchill had in his players on cup final day. Really lookin 4ward to the play-offs and its a toss of a coin between Hibs, Rangers and Motherwell. QOS r also in the mix but I would be very surprised if they upset the big three in the race for promotion. Would also like to c Alloa stay in the championship. Unfortunately after yesterday, QPR r on life support and it would be at least some consolation if we could beat Newcastle and end our winless streak at Loftus Road.
F.A.O - Karl, Queens Park Rangers and Hibernians!!! on 23:39 - May 3 with 1984 viewskarl

F.A.O - Karl, Queens Park Rangers and Hibernians!!! on 02:33 - May 3 by FredManRave

So, Karl, you'll be hoping for a play-off semi final against Queen Of The South now then?!

Still a lot of football to be played. I've only just read now about how it all works. Rangers could have 6 more games to play before they get promoted but they won't will they, it'll be Hibs with four more.

Exciting end to the season awaits though...

Hibs record against Rangers this season is better than QoS so it's not an easy one!
Tbh I think the smaller squad of QoS will be their biggest problem as the games come thick and fast.
Great to see Ingham on a Hibs related thread and his love of Pat Stanton!
Great season in the end for Livi Newgold and heard an interview of Burchill where he came across really well, could be a good manager for the future there?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024