Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
In the Chair 15:17 - May 5 with 3091 viewsEastR

Congratulations, you’ve been promoted to the job as Chairman of the club and it’s your first day.

With a recognition that it all can’t be done in one go, and that resources are very likely to be less abundant than they have been in the recent past, what in your opinion would be the order of priority of the following that the club should be focusing resources on?

- A new stadium
- A squad to get promoted to, and stay competitive in, the PL
- An effective scouting network
- A new/updated training facility
- A new first team manager
- The youth and academy set up
- A new CEO
- Fans involvement in governance of the club

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

In the Chair on 15:24 - May 5 with 3056 viewsQPR1882

1st thing i would do is open a Twitter account.
In the Chair on 15:27 - May 5 with 3042 viewsTheBlob

Firstly - hire a tough sonofabitch brief to defend the FFP nonsense.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

In the Chair on 15:33 - May 5 with 3021 viewsRangers67

I would put a law in place to stop us selling the only forward player we had with any pace for a pittance and not replace him. In effect selling our Premier League future for about 11 mill. Well done all involved !
In the Chair on 15:36 - May 5 with 2999 viewsQPR1882

In the Chair on 15:27 - May 5 by TheBlob

Firstly - hire a tough sonofabitch brief to defend the FFP nonsense.

We may not have to.
In the Chair on 15:52 - May 5 with 2961 viewsBrianMcCarthy

First thing I would do is resign in favour of somebody with industry experience.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

In the Chair on 17:47 - May 5 with 2864 viewsRuislipHoop

Appoint a chairman who has knowledge of the game ,lives in the UK and doesn't spend 40 weeks of the year outside the country and then resign.
In the Chair on 17:58 - May 5 with 2830 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

My pledge:

Subsidised booze and balti pies, and Chelsea urinal cakes.
In the Chair on 19:56 - May 5 with 2755 viewsloftboy

Announce a huge discount to season ticket holders who have sat through the dross of the last few years, ban any ticket sales to tourists, ban selfie sticks and iPads, remove the family stand, let the kids experience a proper atmosphere, they will remember it for life, turn loftus rd into a ground for the QPR fan, upgrade the food kiosks to a decent size and do some decent pies for a change, discipline any steward that over reacts, make membership fee refundable to any fan that attends more than ten home games. Have a ten grand a week wage cap, Hoover up the best local none league talent and give them a chance, stand by whatever manager I have chosen as long as he plays attacking football and builds an ethos of hunger throughout ALL the squads, expect another relegation before it all comes together and we sail back through the leagues with aplomb...
Easy isn't it.
[Post edited 5 May 2015 19:58]

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Login to get fewer ads

In the Chair on 19:58 - May 5 with 2751 viewsdanehoop

I was kind of with you around the pies.

Never knowingly understood

In the Chair on 20:17 - May 5 with 2720 viewsHollowayRanger

change the club name to LONDON RANGERS

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

In the Chair on 20:41 - May 5 with 2683 viewsdaveB

All those things are key to the club so I'd be tackling all of them and as in reality I'd be clueless about what to do I would quickly resign and get in someone who knew what he was doing
In the Chair on 22:42 - May 5 with 2582 viewsQPR_ARG

Some of those areas are more important than others, but then there's the urgent ones.

So I'd say the first thing for me would be to appoint a new manager. Being relegated means you won't be able to attract a proven, world-class manager, and that's something that would have been easier to do after our win over Derby at Wembley (instead of allowing Harry's knees (?) to bring our clubs to its knees). Nevertheless, since results on the football pitch are always the ones which set the tone for EVERYTHING else, I'd try and give the club the best possible chance in getting points on the board and push for the title.

Logically, the playing squad would be my second urgent point. Who to sell (and for how much), whose contracts not to renew, whose players to keep and, most importantly, who to bring in to replace them.

Once I put all the effort in setting the foundations for a push for promotion, I'd appoint the new CEO. And he will oversee the new training ground project and look to maximise the reach of our scouting network and the quality of our academy. The first team manager will also be involved in the youth teams set-up and will work with the youth coaches, who in turn will play the same system/tactics of the first team.

I'm not sure about fans involvement in the running of a club. I know there are fan forums and meetings with the club. And I guess that's something important for the Board to have someone with a finger on their pulse. But I don't see it as an urgent thing to do. Important, but not CRUCIAL.

And until all other areas are working fine and showing results and we are back in the Premier League but this time with a proper plan and personnel, I wouldn't press forward too much with the new stadium plans.

So my order or priorities would be:

- A new first team manager
- A squad to get promoted to, and stay competitive in, the PL
- A new CEO
- A new/updated training facility
- An effective scouting network
- The youth and academy set up
- Fans involvement in governance of the club
- A new stadium

Are you reading, uncle Tone?
In the Chair on 22:47 - May 5 with 2573 viewscarlh5266

Take lessons in spelling and Grammar.
In the Chair on 22:50 - May 5 with 2564 viewsLblock

First priority is the drink up to end all -- Queen Adelaide opening till closing.

If we're gonna fcuk this up lets not do it sober!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

In the Chair on 23:07 - May 5 with 2542 viewsDorse

Sort the kit. Won't somebody sort the kit?

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

In the Chair on 23:26 - May 5 with 2516 viewsOakR

I would appoint a CEO - the kind of CEO who gives the Finance Director a hard time, if you know, you have a completely unsustainable business model.

I would then sit down with CEO and Director of football and set out what model we wanted the club to be run on eg 'buying success', bringing through youth, need to sell best player each year etc until revenue = xx. There should be short, medium and long-term plans with how we plan to get there. Everyone in the club should be aware of these.

Based on this I would then appoint the manager with a remit of x (i.e promotion required or revamp senior to youth set-up.

I would then select scouts based on where we want to recruit (i.e lower leagues, abroad, etc)

Then buy players based on our stated ethos (i.e already developed, youth, foreign, lower league etc).

Then look at training facilities etc.

New stadium would be down the line I expect, unless I decided we should go for broke to try and get promoted and would then need the extra revenue from a new stadium (I personally would not do this until we were an established PL team and TV revenues are now so big this would not be top of my list anyway).

Fan involvement - depends what you mean. Fan engagement, certainly. Fans on the board, not sure if that is a good idea in reality or not.
[Post edited 5 May 2015 23:48]

Poll: Will we stay up?

In the Chair on 23:26 - May 5 with 2516 viewsPunteR

Forget about premier league for 5 years. Budget round that. No more big contracts. Tell the manager that we need to play a system and stick with it for 5 years and beyond. Bring young players to fit that system. Get what the manager and coaches need to help improve fitness and training,ie a new training ground.
Invest in some better scouts. Invest in youth.
Aim to compete in cup runs before promotion.
Get a decent Badge. Wide hoops,cheaper better beer,cheaper tickets etc etc.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

In the Chair on 01:07 - May 6 with 2481 viewsCanadaRanger

- Keep the present Manager, on a 1 year extension.
- Extension to be on terms of base salary + bonuses
- bonus for finishing as Championship champions
- lesser bonus for finishing 2nd, runners up
- lesser bonus for finishing 6th to 3rd.
- additional bonus for gaining promotion through playoffs.

- Move players eligible for contract renewal onto the same kind of results-based pay structure.

- Offer existing players with a year or more to go on their contracts the option to move to a results based pay structure. (That will separate a few no-triers from the rest).

- Get Clint Hill involved in the coaching.

- Increase marketing of stadium for use by events other than QPR football
- In particular, find uses in the summers, e.g. for concerts or demonstration sporting events.
- Use part of revenue from these additional events to further compensate non-playing staff working those days

- Increase availability of stadium and training ground to local schools and school-level not-for-profit clubs
- provide QPR Liaison / coach and possible guest players to each such event
In the Chair on 02:53 - May 6 with 2455 viewsNov77

Install a lush playing surface on which the ball was incapable of bouncing more than shin high, thus ensuring fans would no longer have to watch games of head tennis and see players having to hit shoulder high volleys all the time.

Rip up plans for a new stadium (we don't need it, bournemouth are going up in a 12k stadium),

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

In the Chair on 07:07 - May 6 with 2399 viewsPommyhoop

I'd make friends with Daniel Levy and get him to show me how its done.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

In the Chair on 00:47 - May 7 with 2293 viewsCanadaRanger

Cosmetics, but appreciated...

- Hat tip to the generations of loyal fans... No more thin hoops, fix the badge, and reprieve the apostrophe!
- If we get a new stadium, make sure there's enough leg room

Outreach

- Broadcast each game internationally on the internet - video, not just audio, pay per view if necessary.
- Link QPR Player to club shop purchases, e.g. a person who purchases over 100 pounds of merchandise gets a free half season of QPR Player, and a full season with a purchase of over 175 pounds.
In the Chair on 09:31 - May 7 with 2214 viewsDiscodroids

1. Start the QPR lesbian , gay and transgender supporters committee as a matter of urgency. The QPR podcast is obviously all talk and no pantyhose when it comes to this.

without this solid foundation in place , or as frank herbert would say 'usal' , the base of the pillar, we are nothing...In fact less than nothing .were scum.

2. start expensive court proceedings To have our defeat at stamford bridge stricken from the records as , according to many, it was their P.A's fault and their catering facilities didnt cut the mustard.

3. petition the european court of human rights to have bondy humanly destroyed , no one should suffer the pain of locked in syndrome for more than one calender football season, even this asinine cnt.

4. Increase the volume of tweets to the lads in the sprinbok imbibing carling and nobbys nuts. The great blue and white proloteriat love nothing more than knowing that their chairman is one of the lads,.

i.e on the island of mustique with a cast of nubile russian ballerinas blowing coke up their arse with the actual hollowed out femur bone of jim morrison , while enojying the simple pleasures of an honest monkey knife fight

this is a most potent weapon/tool to use after a 4 nil home defeat to burton albion. follow with a natty #soundbite something like,
#Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity#Psalm 133:1.

the cnts wont have a clue what youre talking about. the cnts.

5. give Greyfriars zamora, niko beau brummel and hans peter traore a glorious yet needlessly petty and violent death, followed by a viking funeral to be floated down the urinal in the south africa road shithouse.

ps. and bring back full marching bands at half time and augment it with an elderly , yet active, peadophile with diminishing powers dressed in red white and blue to wave a flag about a bit in front of his union jack trousers to hide his rampant erection when he catches a glimpse of 13 year old disabled orphans in the corner by the school end.
[Post edited 7 May 2015 10:04]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

In the Chair (n/t) on 09:49 - May 7 with 2186 viewsDiscodroids

[Post edited 7 May 2015 10:23]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

In the Chair on 10:17 - May 7 with 2143 viewsTheBlob

"Do I get a free pen?"

Poll: So how was the season for you?

In the Chair on 10:58 - May 7 with 2102 viewsDiscodroids

1. install a puppet mussolini style manager to do my bidding and obey my every whim ......

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024