Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR Challenge FFP 12:13 - May 11 with 4535 viewsRangersw12

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11711/9846074?

I get the feeling It's going to be a long summer !
[Post edited 11 May 2015 12:14]
QPR Challenge FFP on 12:25 - May 11 with 4448 viewsgobbles

A "financial expert" picking figures out of the sky
QPR Challenge FFP on 12:30 - May 11 with 4396 viewsthame_hoops

QPR Challenge FFP on 12:25 - May 11 by gobbles

A "financial expert" picking figures out of the sky

a lot of 'might' 'could' and 'if' in that piece.
I agree with the OP, it will be a long summer...
QPR Challenge FFP on 12:37 - May 11 with 4344 viewsN12Hoop

Seems to me that we need to try and do our transfer business pronto and before any transfer embargoes kick in. If we hang about we'll lose lots of out of contract and expensive players and not be allowed to sign replacements.

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

QPR Challenge FFP on 13:15 - May 11 with 4178 viewsQPR_Jim

When isn't it a long summer at QPR.

I agree with that we should do our business early, get a few players signed up before the window opens so they can come straight in but I guess the FL would have sussed us out by then. I'd do it anyway and maybe even use that trick of putting all the financial costs for their transfer in our premier league season to avoid any future FFP.
QPR Challenge FFP on 13:51 - May 11 with 4075 viewsHayesender

Sorry lads, but that makes horrific reading.

The FL want to make an example of someone, and that someone is gonna be us

Poll: Shamima Beghum

QPR Challenge FFP on 13:56 - May 11 with 4038 viewsCroydonCaptJack

QPR Challenge FFP on 13:51 - May 11 by Hayesender

Well, let's see. I am not sure this will stand up in court. I can see a deal being struck to save embarrassment all round.
QPR Challenge FFP on 14:01 - May 11 with 4008 viewsQPR_John

QPR Challenge FFP on 13:51 - May 11 by Hayesender

if you fine someone a little there is every chance they might decide to give in and pay the fine but if you are prepared to destroy someone they will fight as they have nothing to lose. This could get nasty

"But that figure was reached by writing off loans of £60m, a move that might not be permitted under Financial Fair Play (FFP) regulations."

How on earth can the FL not permit somebody to give away their own money. FFP was designed if designed is the right word to stop owners putting clubs in debt and not themselves. Surely the £60m right off is just what FFP is about.
QPR Challenge FFP on 14:05 - May 11 with 3991 viewswombat

QPR Challenge FFP on 14:01 - May 11 by QPR_John

if you fine someone a little there is every chance they might decide to give in and pay the fine but if you are prepared to destroy someone they will fight as they have nothing to lose. This could get nasty

"But that figure was reached by writing off loans of £60m, a move that might not be permitted under Financial Fair Play (FFP) regulations."

How on earth can the FL not permit somebody to give away their own money. FFP was designed if designed is the right word to stop owners putting clubs in debt and not themselves. Surely the £60m right off is just what FFP is about.

transfer window night , you can see it a coach pulls up outside of LR around 1030pm and 15 players of various shapes and sizes hobble out thats the squad for next season sorted in one fell swoop

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Login to get fewer ads

QPR Challenge FFP on 14:09 - May 11 with 3971 viewsWokingR

I can't help thinking some of you lot need to grow up and stop acting like you're 6 years old.
Do you really think articles like this are written for our benefit and to keep us as up to date as possible or might they just be a little exaggerated in an attempt to attract attention and increase traffic/revenue?
As usual, the real picture will be somewhere in the middle and a million miles from either best or worse case scenario being reported but hey, don't let me get in the way of a good story or stop some of you drama queens from wetting your pants just a little bit more.
QPR Challenge FFP on 14:10 - May 11 with 3961 viewsthame_hoops

wasn't it 'designed' by the top clubs in Europe to stop Big spending smaller clubs from catching up with them..... i.e stopping a chelsea/man city happening again.
QPR Challenge FFP on 14:13 - May 11 with 3936 viewsQPR_John

QPR Challenge FFP on 14:10 - May 11 by thame_hoops

wasn't it 'designed' by the top clubs in Europe to stop Big spending smaller clubs from catching up with them..... i.e stopping a chelsea/man city happening again.

Got it in one I was using the FL definition for effect
[Post edited 11 May 2015 14:15]
QPR Challenge FFP on 14:30 - May 11 with 3857 viewsBasingstokeR

I could understand punishments of points deductions, transfer embargos etc.

But fining a club for debt (for the reasons FFP is supposed to be in place), and adding to that debt? Hypocritical?

A bit like punishing someone obese by making them eat a months worth of McDonald's in a week!
QPR Challenge FFP on 14:32 - May 11 with 3844 viewsBostonR

The FL have got themselves in a real spot on this. They might as well put 90% of thr league clubs in the conference now or throw them out. This charade has no legal basis and I suspect the Board know the FL are weak on this.
A deal will be done but not anywhere near the numbers being mentioned.
QPR Challenge FFP on 15:01 - May 11 with 3765 viewsMvpeter

Because we aren't being fined for the money given away. We're being fined for the money loaned that they tried to cover up with the money given away.

In other words we were loaned 70m this year, we wrote off 60m from previous years and we're being fined because of the loans.

Poll: Who should be our left back?

QPR Challenge FFP on 15:22 - May 11 with 3706 viewsClive_Anderson

Makes sense if we become the only club ever to be fined for this, considering that we were also the only club to come out of administration with more debts than we went in.
QPR Challenge FFP on 15:49 - May 11 with 3588 viewswombat

QPR Challenge FFP on 15:22 - May 11 by Clive_Anderson

Makes sense if we become the only club ever to be fined for this, considering that we were also the only club to come out of administration with more debts than we went in.

ok
when do they have to make a descision by can we counter any claim byt stating we want this done and dusted by so and so date otherwise this affects our chances next season ?
club them counter sue as its restrictiing us planning for the championship

Poll: which is your favouite foot

QPR Challenge FFP on 16:17 - May 11 with 3492 viewsQPR_John

QPR Challenge FFP on 15:01 - May 11 by Mvpeter

Because we aren't being fined for the money given away. We're being fined for the money loaned that they tried to cover up with the money given away.

In other words we were loaned 70m this year, we wrote off 60m from previous years and we're being fined because of the loans.

Can you draw a flow chart
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024