Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good signings 09:27 - May 27 with 19293 viewsCorbyQPR

@BBCWiltshire: Breaking news: BBC Wiltshire understands Swindon Town midfielders Ben Gladwin and Massimo Luongo are set to sign for Queen's Park Rangers.
Good signings on 09:38 - May 27 with 9100 viewsMaggsinho

Gladwin is having a medical apparently.

http://www.swindon.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=401011

Sounds quite a prospect:

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/who-aston-villa-tar

Promising stuff if true.
[Post edited 27 May 2015 9:41]
Good signings on 09:44 - May 27 with 9041 viewsDevonWhite

Wow, this would be encouraging.
Good signings on 09:44 - May 27 with 9026 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Welcome to the career grinder boys!
Good signings on 09:46 - May 27 with 9014 viewsGloucs_R

what positions do they play? (Where in Midfield?)

Poll: Are we staying up?

Good signings on 09:49 - May 27 with 8965 viewsPinnerPaul

This thread is in danger of turning positive!
Good signings on 09:52 - May 27 with 8941 viewsNorthernr

That would be very promising, and piss of Tactical Tim, all in one move.
Good signings on 09:52 - May 27 with 8937 viewsMaggsinho

Bit more info here. £4m for them.

http://www.flicwiltshire.com/STFC/QPR-on-brink-of-capturing-both-Gladwin-and-Luo

So, we do have some money to spend, we're making our moves early and we're scouting the lower leagues. Not a bad start Rangers.
Good signings on 09:53 - May 27 with 8930 viewsElHoop

I would imagine that we will be busy 'early doors' if we are expecting transfer problems arising from FFP.
Login to get fewer ads

Good signings on 09:53 - May 27 with 8926 viewsPetros

Damn I'm getting excited about next season now. Can't we have some time to wallow in self pity?
Good signings on 09:55 - May 27 with 8893 viewsTheBlob

Another ex non league player.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Good signings on 09:58 - May 27 with 8853 viewsPinnerPaul

Just to add the usual negativity - Swindon midfield did not cover themselves in glory at Wembley.

As mentioned on another thread - they stuck to same game plan, even when clear it wasn't working.
Good signings on 10:00 - May 27 with 8840 viewsRangersw12

Good news and about time we had a bit of positivity
Good signings on 10:01 - May 27 with 8820 viewsDWQPR

Can't someone have a word in Les's ear about Che Adams from Sheff Utd, especially now Nige has gone. This kid has something about him and with the help of Les could be a real gem.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Good signings on 10:05 - May 27 with 8773 viewsstevenagehoop

Good signings on 09:58 - May 27 by PinnerPaul

Just to add the usual negativity - Swindon midfield did not cover themselves in glory at Wembley.

As mentioned on another thread - they stuck to same game plan, even when clear it wasn't working.

Down here that's normally what the manager gets called out for - are Swindon different?

I never lie but I don't always tell the truth

Good signings on 10:05 - May 27 with 8772 viewsCamberleyR

One off game, occasion may have got to them. I'm more interested how they performed during the regular season. Gladwin got 11 goals in 41 games, sounds promising.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Good signings on 10:28 - May 27 with 8590 viewsGetMeRangers

Good signings on 09:53 - May 27 by ElHoop

I would imagine that we will be busy 'early doors' if we are expecting transfer problems arising from FFP.

Wont we have to be anyway. Preseason cant be far off with Season KO being on 8th Aug

You have to hope that any understanding they have developed playing with each other over the past season will only get better this, potentially adding stability
Good signings on 10:40 - May 27 with 8493 viewsadhoc_qpr

Don't worry, we don't have a game plan anyway!

Good signings on 10:43 - May 27 with 8472 viewsowza

I'm gonna have to break the positivity here I am afraid and say I am not impressed at all, mainly because of the ridiculous money being mentioned at 4 million which would be ludicrous. I have seen Luongo play a number of times and he has great technical ability and has a great skillset, but he is often inconsistent and can be a passenger at times, when the going gets tough, he's a bit of a lightweight too but he can be very influential in games. I would not pay anything more than a million for someone like Luongo, especially as he has no experience at playing championship football other than a minor loan spell at Ipswich which in my opinion is a different ball game to league 1, I also spoke to a few Swindon fans on twitter etc and they seemed to biting my hand off at the price being mentioned.

I don't know too much about Gladwin but I know he has played for a host of non-league clubs which I respect and had a good season, a successful goalscoring season too from midfield where he got 8 goals and I've been told he has a hell of a shot on him too but once again he would be a gamble at Championship level and wouldn't pay over a million for him either especially as he has not had over one year of experience in the Football League.

I don't think we are gonna have as much money to spend as we did last time we were here so to spend probably half on it on these two players would not be wise especially as we are gonna need to invest heavily in two quality strikers at least.
[Post edited 27 May 2015 10:48]
Good signings on 10:48 - May 27 with 8424 viewsbatmanhoop

we paid £5m for Mutch, £7m for caulker, similar for Hoilett and let's not mention SWP. Happy with £4m for 2 relative youngsters
Good signings on 10:49 - May 27 with 8408 viewsadhoc_qpr

Good signings on 10:43 - May 27 by owza

I'm gonna have to break the positivity here I am afraid and say I am not impressed at all, mainly because of the ridiculous money being mentioned at 4 million which would be ludicrous. I have seen Luongo play a number of times and he has great technical ability and has a great skillset, but he is often inconsistent and can be a passenger at times, when the going gets tough, he's a bit of a lightweight too but he can be very influential in games. I would not pay anything more than a million for someone like Luongo, especially as he has no experience at playing championship football other than a minor loan spell at Ipswich which in my opinion is a different ball game to league 1, I also spoke to a few Swindon fans on twitter etc and they seemed to biting my hand off at the price being mentioned.

I don't know too much about Gladwin but I know he has played for a host of non-league clubs which I respect and had a good season, a successful goalscoring season too from midfield where he got 8 goals and I've been told he has a hell of a shot on him too but once again he would be a gamble at Championship level and wouldn't pay over a million for him either especially as he has not had over one year of experience in the Football League.

I don't think we are gonna have as much money to spend as we did last time we were here so to spend probably half on it on these two players would not be wise especially as we are gonna need to invest heavily in two quality strikers at least.

Gladwin sounds like the new Stuart Wardley! Let's hope he is more than a one season wonder.

We don't know any of the details of the breakdown of the fees (payment clauses etc) or even if it's true yet.

We've appointed Ramsey on his coaching ability allegedly, so sounds like these two have plenty of upside if they are handled properly.

I'm happier cheering them on than Barton and Gary O'Neill...
Good signings on 10:51 - May 27 with 8387 viewsElHoop

Good signings on 10:28 - May 27 by GetMeRangers

Wont we have to be anyway. Preseason cant be far off with Season KO being on 8th Aug

You have to hope that any understanding they have developed playing with each other over the past season will only get better this, potentially adding stability

From memory we haven't usually done much business by the start of the season and certainly we wouldn't be doing any at all if we were in the process of recruiting a new manager, by which time we might have received a transfer ban.
Good signings on 10:53 - May 27 with 8359 viewsLblock

Good signings on 10:43 - May 27 by owza

So what did those Swindle fans who commented on Luongo say about Gladwin?

I know nothing about either so my judge is out supping on stout at the moment.
I do agree that I'm surprised we're throwing the folding around but the whispers of £3.5 to £4M are just that and may be "whole package" figures. I would rather that was invested in strikers and I'd like to hold off on my ST purchase until I know Oh Bobby Z sin't going to be in the squad

Besides - until they're pictured with a QPR & Rotherham half n half scarf over their heads on the W12 pitch the deal(s) aint done!!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Good signings on 10:54 - May 27 with 8355 viewsdaveB

I only saw the highlights but looked like they were far too open in that game and couldn't cope with the front two of Preston. No idea at all if these two are any good but good to see us looking at the lower leagues for a change
Good signings on 10:59 - May 27 with 8313 viewsbatmanhoop

Swindon as a team didn't turn up against Preston. Would have been a bit different if they didn't have a donkey playing up front for them
Good signings on 11:08 - May 27 with 8256 viewsowza

Oh yeah don't get me wrong, these players would be a step in the right direction. But have we got as much money to spend than when we were last in the Championship?

They would be a breath of fresh air compared to Gary O'Neil and the overpaid mercenaries like Sandro who we only spent 10 million quid on... It would be a much smarter long term investment, it's just the price that does it for me, got to be sensible if we are about to be hit for 58 million in FFP. I tell you what if that's all proven false, il endorse this move.

I love a gamble from the lower leagues, I am huge admirers of players like Ivan Toney and Ryan Woods in the lower leagues and I would be over the moon if they came to Loftus Road and in fairness I would take Luongo too but I just think we should go for someone with a bit more experience like Josh McEachran from Chelsea, who is the same age, has experience in the championship, abroad and in the premier league for Chelsea, superb box to box midfielder, can sit, but is also influential in the final third, in his last year of his contract there and wants first team football and would be available on the cheap. There is other examples too but I suppose what I am saying is that we should take educated gambles that would be available for a reasonable price.
[Post edited 27 May 2015 11:15]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024