Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Done deals.... 12:21 - Jun 25 with 5726 viewsganjR

Where are they then?
Done deals.... on 12:24 - Jun 25 with 4884 viewsPinnerPaul

We've done 4 already, which isn't bad for June 25th IMHO.

We have this every year and this year because we have to wait for players to try and get Premier league deals before considering the Championship, I expect we will have to wait a bit longer for all deals to be complete.

Once we have transfer panic over, I expect we will have we must win 1st game (of 46) panic!
Done deals.... on 12:29 - Jun 25 with 4856 viewsAntti_Heinola

Yeah i think we've done very well so far. May well be that other deals are dependent on transfers of Austin, Caulker etc.

Bare bones.

Done deals.... on 12:30 - Jun 25 with 4847 viewsGetMeRangers

Done deals.... on 12:24 - Jun 25 by PinnerPaul

We've done 4 already, which isn't bad for June 25th IMHO.

We have this every year and this year because we have to wait for players to try and get Premier league deals before considering the Championship, I expect we will have to wait a bit longer for all deals to be complete.

Once we have transfer panic over, I expect we will have we must win 1st game (of 46) panic!

Suspect we may rely a bit more on loans too, which often only come more to fruition after the Prem league clubs have named their 25
Done deals.... on 12:32 - Jun 25 with 4827 viewsGloucs_R

A lot depends on cash flow - we haven't sold anyone yet.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Done deals.... on 12:34 - Jun 25 with 4814 viewsMytch_QPR

I think the comments about 8 in by the end of June raised expectations. I'm relaxed, but it would be good to have most of the squad in by the pre-season games, rather than the usual last minute balls-up (saying that, the odd addition on loan from a PL club at the last minute might be good if they want to prove themselves and it creates competition for places).

It's all gone quiet on the Morrison saga by the sound / silence of it.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Done deals.... on 12:38 - Jun 25 with 4786 viewseghamranger

Must be saving a million a month in wages with Barton, Swp, bobby, Adel, chile x2, kranjcar, Dunne, Rio, bondy and all the others gone!!!
Done deals.... on 12:39 - Jun 25 with 4782 viewsdaveB

Done deals.... on 12:34 - Jun 25 by Mytch_QPR

I think the comments about 8 in by the end of June raised expectations. I'm relaxed, but it would be good to have most of the squad in by the pre-season games, rather than the usual last minute balls-up (saying that, the odd addition on loan from a PL club at the last minute might be good if they want to prove themselves and it creates competition for places).

It's all gone quiet on the Morrison saga by the sound / silence of it.

The club never actually said they would get 8 in by the end of June, that was a journalist saying that around quotes from Ramsey saying he wanted to get players in early. The number of players and deadline was complete speculation
Done deals.... on 13:17 - Jun 25 with 4630 viewsganjR

I'm not moaning at the club, I agree with the comments on here that we have done well so far and Chris, maybe, shouldn't have made that quote, but.... According to a couple on here, we had 2 done deals (on Sunday) so where are those deals?
Login to get fewer ads

Done deals.... on 13:18 - Jun 25 with 4626 viewsQPunkR

Done deals.... on 12:39 - Jun 25 by daveB

The club never actually said they would get 8 in by the end of June, that was a journalist saying that around quotes from Ramsey saying he wanted to get players in early. The number of players and deadline was complete speculation

True dat. Plus, we've brought in those two yutes as well as the first teamers

QPR - "shit but local"

Done deals.... on 15:52 - Jun 25 with 4392 viewstoboboly

We've gotten rid of SWP. Anything else is a bonus!!!!!

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Done deals.... on 16:13 - Jun 25 with 4311 viewsAntti_Heinola

Done deals.... on 13:17 - Jun 25 by ganjR

I'm not moaning at the club, I agree with the comments on here that we have done well so far and Chris, maybe, shouldn't have made that quote, but.... According to a couple on here, we had 2 done deals (on Sunday) so where are those deals?

Ramsey didn't - he said this:

“We want to make sure that whatever happens we don’t start pre-season with a shallow squad.

“We want to get most of them in before we start pre-season training on June 29. The last thing we want is still to be signing players a week before the season starts.”

Which is perfectly reasonable. The Standard inserted the 'eight players' bit into their headline, sort of linking it to the fact we'd let 10 go, but 2 (Dunne and Henry) might end up staying.

Bare bones.

Done deals.... on 16:45 - Jun 25 with 4209 viewsganjR

Done deals.... on 16:13 - Jun 25 by Antti_Heinola

“We want to make sure that whatever happens we don’t start pre-season with a shallow squad.

“We want to get most of them in before we start pre-season training on June 29. The last thing we want is still to be signing players a week before the season starts.”

Which is perfectly reasonable. The Standard inserted the 'eight players' bit into their headline, sort of linking it to the fact we'd let 10 go, but 2 (Dunne and Henry) might end up staying.

Cool, but with all due respect. My comment was aimed at those who got me excited and worried in 1 case about 'done deals' that weren't 'done'.
Done deals.... on 16:51 - Jun 25 with 4175 viewslave16

Done deals.... on 12:38 - Jun 25 by eghamranger

Must be saving a million a month in wages with Barton, Swp, bobby, Adel, chile x2, kranjcar, Dunne, Rio, bondy and all the others gone!!!

We are probably still paying them until then end of June

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

Done deals.... on 16:51 - Jun 25 with 4172 viewsAntti_Heinola

Done deals.... on 16:45 - Jun 25 by ganjR

Cool, but with all due respect. My comment was aimed at those who got me excited and worried in 1 case about 'done deals' that weren't 'done'.

yeah, sorry, wasn't a pop or anything - I wasn't sure what he'd said either!

Bare bones.

Done deals.... on 16:51 - Jun 25 with 4174 viewsbosh67

Done deals.... on 16:45 - Jun 25 by ganjR

There are 4 in so far and 2 academy players, of which one could actually come through this season. Plus Ale has signed a new contract. There will be others coming in because we are allowed to get players in until a decision on the FFP thing, at which point we may face an embargo for a bit, but they can't not let us buy and loan in players until then so I think it will still be busy.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Done deals.... on 17:05 - Jun 25 with 4127 viewsganjR

Done deals.... on 16:51 - Jun 25 by Antti_Heinola

yeah, sorry, wasn't a pop or anything - I wasn't sure what he'd said either!

All good mate.
Done deals.... on 17:22 - Jun 25 with 4084 viewsadhoc_qpr

Done deals.... on 16:13 - Jun 25 by Antti_Heinola

It's the second quote that makes us look like we're behind where we wanted to be.

We needs at least another 3 or 4 signings to balance the squad and we'll never make them by the 29th.
Done deals.... on 17:53 - Jun 25 with 3986 viewsAntti_Heinola

Done deals.... on 17:22 - Jun 25 by adhoc_qpr

It's the second quote that makes us look like we're behind where we wanted to be.

We needs at least another 3 or 4 signings to balance the squad and we'll never make them by the 29th.

Not sure that's really true. 4 by this stage is pretty good i think. I guess he'll hope for 2 or 3 more within the next fortnight or so, and then possibly add a final one, possibly two as the season starts and before the deadline. Hardly disastrous if it works out like that.

Bare bones.

Done deals.... on 18:04 - Jun 25 with 3961 viewsJigsore

Early signings is a good sign but so is the fact we're clearly taking our time to make sure we get the personnel and the right deals

as someone else said it does make it difficult when we dont know what we'll get from outgoing transfers too

Les and Ramsey can take their time. Just please, no deadline day transfers

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Done deals.... on 23:15 - Jun 25 with 3586 viewsLadbrokeR

Are we seriously going to retain Dunne ?
Done deals.... on 08:03 - Jun 26 with 3387 viewsMvpeter

Done deals.... on 17:53 - Jun 25 by Antti_Heinola

Not sure that's really true. 4 by this stage is pretty good i think. I guess he'll hope for 2 or 3 more within the next fortnight or so, and then possibly add a final one, possibly two as the season starts and before the deadline. Hardly disastrous if it works out like that.

Wouldn't that leave us with about 20 players though?

Poll: Who should be our left back?

Done deals.... on 08:26 - Jun 26 with 3348 viewsBasingstokeR

No it wouldn't
Done deals.... on 10:26 - Jun 26 with 3292 viewsoldhoop

4 at this stage is pretty average actually compared with other teams and for a club that has let 11 go we are well behind the pace (as usual).

Not good enough! With pre season starting next week we are exactly where I feared we would be - under prepared and a thin, inexperienced squad!

Mid table mediocrity at best beckons - adjust your ambitions fellow R's!

Not being negative, just realistic.
Done deals.... on 10:30 - Jun 26 with 3280 viewsAntti_Heinola

Done deals.... on 10:26 - Jun 26 by oldhoop

4 at this stage is pretty average actually compared with other teams and for a club that has let 11 go we are well behind the pace (as usual).

Not good enough! With pre season starting next week we are exactly where I feared we would be - under prepared and a thin, inexperienced squad!

Mid table mediocrity at best beckons - adjust your ambitions fellow R's!

Not being negative, just realistic.

eh?
anyone whose expectations were anything above avoiding relegation needs to make some adjustments. Were you really expecting a tilt at the title? Or the play-offs?
Christ, I'd LOVE mid-table mediocrity! You're in for a bit of a shock mate.

Bare bones.

Done deals.... on 15:02 - Jun 26 with 3114 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

Done deals.... on 10:30 - Jun 26 by Antti_Heinola

eh?
anyone whose expectations were anything above avoiding relegation needs to make some adjustments. Were you really expecting a tilt at the title? Or the play-offs?
Christ, I'd LOVE mid-table mediocrity! You're in for a bit of a shock mate.

Yep, just want to stay up, id grab mid table with both hands if I could!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024