Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. 18:26 - Jul 1 with 35230 viewssaxbend

I am really disappointed with the kits, but I'm absolutely furious about the lies.

I hope this video covers the whole story. If you don't think it's that important, feel free to ignore it, but if you're bothered either by the kits or the lies or both then please help make some noise about it.

Cheers

It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 18:33 - Jul 1 with 17681 viewsMancR

Get where all this is coming from but really its gotta to be about the team, performances and results. When one of our players gets a 91st minute winner the crap kit will not be an issue. Give the media team a break- they're just obeying orders.
What I hate most of all is when we wear shitty 3rd kits when we could wear blue and white hoops/part hoops!
It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 18:38 - Jul 1 with 17657 viewssaxbend

only obeying orders? Well where are these orders coming from then? I'm not specifically attacking the media team. I'm just naming my sources. If a quote comes from Ian Taylor I say it comes from Ian Taylor. If it comes from Tony Fernandes I say it comes from Tony Fernandes. Otherwise I'd be a Sun journo.
It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 19:28 - Jul 1 with 17466 viewsconnell10

Great video mate and yes this issue is very important! I don't like having the history of our club discarded and I don't like being lied to! once again rangers board have got it so wrong!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 19:47 - Jul 1 with 17386 viewssimmo

What a thread title. Get a grip you mental.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 19:50 - Jul 1 with 17369 viewsPunteR

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 19:50 - Jul 1 with 17368 viewsbosh67

The kit is part of the heritage. The fact that we don't even know what blue is QPR blue is quite embarrassing. It is about the money though and Nike are a monster who seldom listen to anyone, particularly their clients and their fans. I've seen this in so many areas of Nike. But money talks.

Saying that... as other have said, it's the product on the pitch we have to get right first. That is the 100% focus now, it has to be. We have to play like a QPR team and play the way we are best at, which is on the front foot with a solid back 4. That has to be the aim. The kit has to be addressed but it's a small concern next to the way we play and the attitude with which we play.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 19:51 - Jul 1 with 17357 viewsbarbicanranger

I'm 32 and I do question my sanity a little when moaning about the kit. But honestly, this is our identity...this is what associates the football world with Qpr, this is what differentiates us from Reading...and what gets me most of all is it's not hard to get right it's effing straight forward. it's been done for years.
It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 19:55 - Jul 1 with 17335 viewsMancR

Our heritage, the hoops whatever , have not been deleted forever. Next season our kits are a bit crap. So what they've been crap loads of times. Can we not just chill and support the team?
Login to get fewer ads

It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 19:56 - Jul 1 with 17326 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 19:50 - Jul 1 by bosh67

The kit is part of the heritage. The fact that we don't even know what blue is QPR blue is quite embarrassing. It is about the money though and Nike are a monster who seldom listen to anyone, particularly their clients and their fans. I've seen this in so many areas of Nike. But money talks.

Saying that... as other have said, it's the product on the pitch we have to get right first. That is the 100% focus now, it has to be. We have to play like a QPR team and play the way we are best at, which is on the front foot with a solid back 4. That has to be the aim. The kit has to be addressed but it's a small concern next to the way we play and the attitude with which we play.

"The kit has to be addressed but it's a small concern"

This is the thing, why make such a big hoopla about it's reveal if it's such a small concern? Because they pay about a quid for each one and we pay £40, that's why.

They got it wrong again and blame everybody else.
It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 20:05 - Jul 1 with 17283 viewsPunteR

My oldest (14) wants the 3rd kit this season. .My youngest (6) wants the home kit.
Ive got my retro one which will do for another season.
I understand everyone's disappointment/dismay at not having proper hoops and the importance of our identity etc.. but as long as we win games and play well and look to building our club over the next few seasons,i'll live with the kit for now.

It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 20:11 - Jul 1 with 17253 viewsbosh67

It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 19:56 - Jul 1 by Hoop_Du_Jour

"The kit has to be addressed but it's a small concern"

This is the thing, why make such a big hoopla about it's reveal if it's such a small concern? Because they pay about a quid for each one and we pay £40, that's why.

They got it wrong again and blame everybody else.

I agree but my point was perspective. Daniel Norris got the design spot on, he absolutely nailed it but the club doesn't listen to the fans. Dan Norris knew QPR blue and how to design the shirt but he's not a lazy Nike designer, if indeed they do have designers?

Perspective however is that you don't have to buy this kit. Like others have said there are the Guiness retro kits, the 70s kits.

Why spend £40 on crap when you can spend £30 on class.

http://www.kitbag.com/stores/kitbag/en/product/qpr-1974-ls-shirt/145046?oloc=bgw

1974 a proper kit and badge.

My overall point is buy that one. It's QPR. However, what the club has failed to do and seem to be trying to resolve is getting back to delivering the product on the pitch. The team that attacks and is solid at the back. That plays with flair, heart, sweat and blood.

That's what I want from my QPR and I want to see it every week in a team that actually takes pride in the club and the fans.

The bottom line is you don't have to buy the new kit every year. It's just a con anyway. It only used to change once every 4 or 5 years anyway. Now it's just a con to get money out of the fans. So... if you want a great QPR shirt go to somewhere like Kitbag and buy that one.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 20:35 - Jul 1 with 17146 viewsWestonsuperR

The one fundamental of our kit this year was hoops, I find it amazing the club didn't grasp this and insist on them. What I find more amazing though is that they must have realised that a lack of hoops was going to be a major issue, if they didn't they are incredibly naive if they did then why did they make such an enormouse deal of the kit launch and emphasise the problem, surely a 'quiet' launch would have been the better option.

Of course performances are what we are all more interested in but well done to Saxbend for raising this issue, answers from the club would be good and possibly appease the fans on an issue that I do think is important.
It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 20:46 - Jul 1 with 17089 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 20:11 - Jul 1 by bosh67

I agree but my point was perspective. Daniel Norris got the design spot on, he absolutely nailed it but the club doesn't listen to the fans. Dan Norris knew QPR blue and how to design the shirt but he's not a lazy Nike designer, if indeed they do have designers?

Perspective however is that you don't have to buy this kit. Like others have said there are the Guiness retro kits, the 70s kits.

http://www.kitbag.com/stores/kitbag/en/product/qpr-1974-ls-shirt/145046?oloc=bgw

My overall point is buy that one. It's QPR. However, what the club has failed to do and seem to be trying to resolve is getting back to delivering the product on the pitch. The team that attacks and is solid at the back. That plays with flair, heart, sweat and blood.

That's what I want from my QPR and I want to see it every week in a team that actually takes pride in the club and the fans.

The bottom line is you don't have to buy the new kit every year. It's just a con anyway. It only used to change once every 4 or 5 years anyway. Now it's just a con to get money out of the fans. So... if you want a great QPR shirt go to somewhere like Kitbag and buy that one.

No argument here!
It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 21:18 - Jul 1 with 16951 viewstimcocking

It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 18:33 - Jul 1 by MancR

Get where all this is coming from but really its gotta to be about the team, performances and results. When one of our players gets a 91st minute winner the crap kit will not be an issue. Give the media team a break- they're just obeying orders.
What I hate most of all is when we wear shitty 3rd kits when we could wear blue and white hoops/part hoops!

Fcuk that (no offence), the kit is way more important to me than any last minute winner.
It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 21:39 - Jul 1 with 16873 viewsHOOPNO7

All of this years kits are based on Nike's Precision III template. The third kit is a complete off the shelf job. Google it & you will see you can get from about £15 upwards. The home & away kit are the same, they have no hoops on the back or sleeves as the material is different to the front & only comes in a single colour. The front can have hoops as they are printed on, take a look at the inside of a shirt when you next visit the club shop to see what colour it is.
It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 22:01 - Jul 1 with 16782 viewsCiderwithRsie

Great posts from Bosh.

Of course the kit does not matter as much a the performances on the pitch - and, for me, the performances matter more than the league position.

Nevertheless, I understand Saxbend's point. The episode shows incompetence and lack or respect for the club from the people in charge of it, which does not fill anyone with confidence.
It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 22:03 - Jul 1 with 16779 viewsted_hendrix

We should play in the nude.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 22:15 - Jul 1 with 16717 viewsCiderwithRsie

It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 22:03 - Jul 1 by ted_hendrix

Why not. Couldn't see more pr*cks on the pitch than we did last year.
It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 22:21 - Jul 1 with 16681 viewsPunteR

It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 22:03 - Jul 1 by ted_hendrix

Premier league rule 8965- Teams cannot play nude unless you can clearly see the numbers on the back.

Those the rules...

It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 22:26 - Jul 1 with 16663 viewsichbinnaughty

Fabulous!
I juddered with mirth reading that.
It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 22:27 - Jul 1 with 16657 viewsbosh67

But they're not all the same colour. Who would be wearing the home kit and who would be wearing the away kit?

Never knowingly right.

It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 22:29 - Jul 1 with 16643 viewsichbinnaughty

It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 20:11 - Jul 1 by bosh67

Bang on Bosh.
Proper kit proper badge.
But for me it is more about the shid going on on the pitch.
Winning games.
Being competitive.
A squad with hunger and pride.
Developing young players.
Making sure we're top London club this season as a bare minimum.
Being ambitious and adventurous.
Get that right then let's start addressing the cosmetic shid.

Good post though. Like it.
It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 22:32 - Jul 1 with 16629 viewsPunteR

It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 22:29 - Jul 1 by ichbinnaughty

Bang on Bosh.
Proper kit proper badge.
Winning games.
Being competitive.

hoops are a bit thin.

It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 22:35 - Jul 1 with 16609 viewsNorthernr

Do you think we might be overreacting a little bit?
It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 22:39 - Jul 1 with 16592 viewsGetMeRangers

It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 22:29 - Jul 1 by ichbinnaughty

Bang on Bosh.
Proper kit proper badge.
Winning games.
Being competitive.

Perhaps a cup run lasting more than one round?

Above all being entertained.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024