Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Staff 11:50 - Jul 7 with 4964 viewsganjR

Does any ody have any idea what's happening with regards to a new assistant manager and goalkeeping coach? Les said they were talking to a couple (GK coaches) a week or so ago.
Are we even getting an assistant manager?
I'd hazard a guess at Gerry Francis or Dennis Wise with Tony Roberts as GK coach, a position he currently holds at Arsenal?
Staff on 12:02 - Jul 7 with 3698 viewsdaveB

doubt Dennis Wise will come in.
Staff on 12:16 - Jul 7 with 3650 viewseghamranger

And Roberts joined Swansea last month
Staff on 13:30 - Jul 7 with 3520 viewsganjR

Staff on 12:16 - Jul 7 by eghamranger

And Roberts joined Swansea last month

Did he? Fair play to him.
Probably 2 ex-Spurs coaches coming in then.
Staff on 13:42 - Jul 7 with 3492 viewsMvpeter

I think it'll be a struggle, don't know why anyone would want to work under Ramsey unless they're also a youth coach but then again Harry got Hoddle and McLaren so who knows.

Poll: Who should be our left back?

Staff on 13:46 - Jul 7 with 3466 viewsAntti_Heinola

Staff on 13:42 - Jul 7 by Mvpeter

I think it'll be a struggle, don't know why anyone would want to work under Ramsey unless they're also a youth coach but then again Harry got Hoddle and McLaren so who knows.

What on earth are you going on about now?

Bare bones.

Staff on 13:55 - Jul 7 with 3446 viewsMvpeter

Staff on 13:46 - Jul 7 by Antti_Heinola

What on earth are you going on about now?

We have two people in charge of recruitment that have never recruited before. They know youth coaches. They haven't got the pulling power that many other managers or coaches would. We are clearly struggling to bring in staff. It may continue to be a struggle. However Harry Redknapp was able to recruit two good high profile coaches who you might not have thought would be willing to work under him but they did so you never know.

Pretty much that.

Staff on 14:01 - Jul 7 with 3422 viewsWilloW4

Staff on 12:02 - Jul 7 by daveB

doubt Dennis Wise will come in.

Fecking hope not.. Wise = horrible little mockney scrote.
Staff on 14:02 - Jul 7 with 3403 viewsAntti_Heinola

Staff on 13:55 - Jul 7 by Mvpeter

We have two people in charge of recruitment that have never recruited before. They know youth coaches. They haven't got the pulling power that many other managers or coaches would. We are clearly struggling to bring in staff. It may continue to be a struggle. However Harry Redknapp was able to recruit two good high profile coaches who you might not have thought would be willing to work under him but they did so you never know.

Pretty much that.

Pulling power?
Do you have any clue how scarce decent coaching jobs are in relation to how many coaches would want them?

It wasn't so much that, though, it was this frankly bizarre statement: 'Don't know why anyone would want to work under Ramsey'.

Seriously, do you believe all the tripe you post, Scott, or are you just having fun?

Bare bones.

Login to get fewer ads

Staff on 14:04 - Jul 7 with 3397 viewsdaveB

Staff on 13:55 - Jul 7 by Mvpeter

Pretty much that.

Well they've had no problem recruiting 5 new players already this summer, not sure why it will be a problem
Staff on 14:12 - Jul 7 with 3365 viewsStanisgod

What happened to Clive Allen? With Les at spuds

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Staff on 14:18 - Jul 7 with 3347 viewsMvpeter

Staff on 14:02 - Jul 7 by Antti_Heinola

Pulling power?
Do you have any clue how scarce decent coaching jobs are in relation to how many coaches would want them?

It wasn't so much that, though, it was this frankly bizarre statement: 'Don't know why anyone would want to work under Ramsey'.

Seriously, do you believe all the tripe you post, Scott, or are you just having fun?

Because most professional coaches are far more qualified to work in senior football than him and people don't generally like working for less qualified people maybe?

I mean it's not like we have one coach right now who just happened to be a youth coach already at the club.

Having watched the recruitment process several times yes in fact I do!

I don't know why anyone would want to work under Ramsey, I didn't say nobody does and I didn't say nobody would.

I think it will continue to be a struggle, can you tell me that it won't? Can you tell me how it's bizarre to think that?

Can you demonstrate anything that I have said is false or will you retain the assumption that it is?

How'd that launch turn out btw? Most successful launch ever right?

Staff on 14:20 - Jul 7 with 3339 viewsMaggsinho

Staff on 14:18 - Jul 7 by Mvpeter

Because most professional coaches are far more qualified to work in senior football than him and people don't generally like working for less qualified people maybe?

I mean it's not like we have one coach right now who just happened to be a youth coach already at the club.

I don't know why anyone would want to work under Ramsey, I didn't say nobody does and I didn't say nobody would.

I think it will continue to be a struggle, can you tell me that it won't? Can you tell me how it's bizarre to think that?

Can you demonstrate anything that I have said is false or will you retain the assumption that it is?

Are you always this insufferable?
Staff on 14:23 - Jul 7 with 3324 viewsHayesender

Staff on 14:02 - Jul 7 by Antti_Heinola

Pulling power?

Scott? I thought W5 was Scott?

Ah feck it I'm confused

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Staff on 14:25 - Jul 7 with 3314 viewsessextaxiboy

Ramsey is respected in the game as a good coach , even if his results as manager fell a bit short.Ferdinand is also well connected and commands respect .We prob would pay a competitve wage . A young promising coach may think we are a decent route to bigger things .
Staff on 14:41 - Jul 7 with 3287 viewsganjR

Staff on 14:12 - Jul 7 by Stanisgod

What happened to Clive Allen? With Les at spuds

Interesting shout there.
Staff on 14:46 - Jul 7 with 3268 viewsMvpeter

Staff on 14:23 - Jul 7 by Hayesender

Scott? I thought W5 was Scott?

Ah feck it I'm confused

It's just something he says seemingly to anyone he disagrees with.

Staff on 14:49 - Jul 7 with 3253 viewsMvpeter

Staff on 14:25 - Jul 7 by essextaxiboy

Ramsey is respected in the game as a good coach , even if his results as manager fell a bit short.Ferdinand is also well connected and commands respect .We prob would pay a competitve wage . A young promising coach may think we are a decent route to bigger things .

Right so we'll probably have to target more youth coaches. I'd assume he's been to Spurs to find some.

Staff on 14:52 - Jul 7 with 3238 viewsAntti_Heinola

I think most senior coaches would be very glad of a job at championship level at a club like QPR, regardless of how qualified they may or may not think Ramsey is. It's your idiotic sentence of you don't know why anyone would work under him that sticks in my craw - as if coaches are all sitting around out there going, 'well I'd love a job in football, but I'd only work for a manager that has much more experience than me' - i mean, if you think that's the case, you need to have another chat with your legion of friends in the game. But, just for fun, here are just a couple of reasons why coaches might like the job:

1. It's a senior coaching position at one of the top 30 clubs in the country.
2. Ramsey is liked and respected in the game - seems like a decent sort who may well be interesting to work under. Respected by the likes of Les Ferdinand and Tim Sherwood - hardly nobodies in the game, even if neither has proved their managerial chops.
3. Ramsey may go to an experienced coach and say, 'look, I'm the boss, but as you know I haven't managed at senior level until recently. I'd really like an experienced hand next to me to offer advice and a bit of guidance - fancy it?' This is actually very common. Venables did it as England manager to get Don Howe (admittedly a different scenario - but a case of a manager wanting an older, experienced hand next to him). Freedman got Lennie Lawrence in when he started at Palace.
4. Whatever QPR's failings, it's still a decent club, in London, with possibilities and ambitions and a history and a great ground. Overall, a pretty decent place to work. I'm not sure that, if a coach liked all the things about the club, he would think 'nah' because the head coach has more often worked with younger players. He might, if he already has a great coaching gig, of course, but if he already has a great gig, he might turn it down for any number of reasons.
5. And, just possibly, a sneaky coach might think: 'he won't last long here - I've got a chance of nicking his job if it goes tits up.'

I mean, there are loads of reasons - if you can't think of any at all, you make yourself look a bit simple. How do you know it's a struggle? As dave says, they haven't struggled to get players in and Bond and Hitchcock only recently left. But let's say it is a 'struggle': to get key appointments, it's pretty normal for it to not be easy. I know that because I've got loads of friends who are coaches and scouts and managers - just like you! (I'm so connected!) and I've seen the process numerous times - 7 more times than you, actually. Maybe 8.

I didn't say anything you said was false. I just said it was a ridiculous thing to say. Which it was, and is.

I think the launch went fantastically well - the shirts were a bit crap though.

Bare bones.

Staff on 15:09 - Jul 7 with 3205 viewsMvpeter

Staff on 14:52 - Jul 7 by Antti_Heinola

I think most senior coaches would be very glad of a job at championship level at a club like QPR, regardless of how qualified they may or may not think Ramsey is. It's your idiotic sentence of you don't know why anyone would work under him that sticks in my craw - as if coaches are all sitting around out there going, 'well I'd love a job in football, but I'd only work for a manager that has much more experience than me' - i mean, if you think that's the case, you need to have another chat with your legion of friends in the game. But, just for fun, here are just a couple of reasons why coaches might like the job:

1. It's a senior coaching position at one of the top 30 clubs in the country.
2. Ramsey is liked and respected in the game - seems like a decent sort who may well be interesting to work under. Respected by the likes of Les Ferdinand and Tim Sherwood - hardly nobodies in the game, even if neither has proved their managerial chops.
3. Ramsey may go to an experienced coach and say, 'look, I'm the boss, but as you know I haven't managed at senior level until recently. I'd really like an experienced hand next to me to offer advice and a bit of guidance - fancy it?' This is actually very common. Venables did it as England manager to get Don Howe (admittedly a different scenario - but a case of a manager wanting an older, experienced hand next to him). Freedman got Lennie Lawrence in when he started at Palace.
4. Whatever QPR's failings, it's still a decent club, in London, with possibilities and ambitions and a history and a great ground. Overall, a pretty decent place to work. I'm not sure that, if a coach liked all the things about the club, he would think 'nah' because the head coach has more often worked with younger players. He might, if he already has a great coaching gig, of course, but if he already has a great gig, he might turn it down for any number of reasons.
5. And, just possibly, a sneaky coach might think: 'he won't last long here - I've got a chance of nicking his job if it goes tits up.'

I mean, there are loads of reasons - if you can't think of any at all, you make yourself look a bit simple. How do you know it's a struggle? As dave says, they haven't struggled to get players in and Bond and Hitchcock only recently left. But let's say it is a 'struggle': to get key appointments, it's pretty normal for it to not be easy. I know that because I've got loads of friends who are coaches and scouts and managers - just like you! (I'm so connected!) and I've seen the process numerous times - 7 more times than you, actually. Maybe 8.

I didn't say anything you said was false. I just said it was a ridiculous thing to say. Which it was, and is.

I think the launch went fantastically well - the shirts were a bit crap though.

First you've assumed that their are a number of good coaches sitting about unemployed. Thats simply untrue.

So your reasons are
1.It's a decent job.
2. He's respected and that's a fact despite a lack of evidence aside from his best mates. The silence from the rest of the footballing world is deafening.
3.He may get an experienced No 2. and I hope he does but the clocks ticking and most would want to work with someone younger if they wanted to be a mentor. Freedman was mid 30's and the Venebles example? Come on you're better than that.
4. Just 1 rehashed.
5.Maybe some sneakiness but after Hoddle appeared to have been snubbed? Doubt it.

Obviously I can think of reasons within the realm of possibility but we're dealing with the likelihoods.

'7 more times than you, actually. Maybe 8. ' Out of your bum mate'

The launch was an unmitigated pr disaster.

Staff on 15:30 - Jul 7 with 3129 viewsAntti_Heinola

Staff on 15:09 - Jul 7 by Mvpeter

First you've assumed that their are a number of good coaches sitting about unemployed. Thats simply untrue.

So your reasons are
1.It's a decent job.
2. He's respected and that's a fact despite a lack of evidence aside from his best mates. The silence from the rest of the footballing world is deafening.
3.He may get an experienced No 2. and I hope he does but the clocks ticking and most would want to work with someone younger if they wanted to be a mentor. Freedman was mid 30's and the Venebles example? Come on you're better than that.
4. Just 1 rehashed.
5.Maybe some sneakiness but after Hoddle appeared to have been snubbed? Doubt it.

Obviously I can think of reasons within the realm of possibility but we're dealing with the likelihoods.

'7 more times than you, actually. Maybe 8. ' Out of your bum mate'

The launch was an unmitigated pr disaster.

You can argue against them all you want, Pete, but that's not what you said. You said you couldn't think of a single reason. I gave you five. They're all reasons that can be thought of. Case closed, really. Whether you agree with them or not is an irrelevance.

There are tons of good coaches either out of work or in work but would see coaching the QPR senior team as a step up from where they are now. It's plain wrong to think otherwise. As usual you spit out a silly sentence to provoke a reaction but have nothing to back it up.

'The silence from the rest of the football world is deafening.' Pathetic.

Bare bones.

Staff on 15:40 - Jul 7 with 3099 viewsMvpeter

Staff on 15:30 - Jul 7 by Antti_Heinola

You can argue against them all you want, Pete, but that's not what you said. You said you couldn't think of a single reason. I gave you five. They're all reasons that can be thought of. Case closed, really. Whether you agree with them or not is an irrelevance.

There are tons of good coaches either out of work or in work but would see coaching the QPR senior team as a step up from where they are now. It's plain wrong to think otherwise. As usual you spit out a silly sentence to provoke a reaction but have nothing to back it up.

'The silence from the rest of the football world is deafening.' Pathetic.

I didn't say I couldn't think of a single reason at all. I said I don't know why someone would want to unless they were a youth coach and therefore it would be a big step up financially.

Have nothing to back up that it will be a struggle? I don't need to back that claim. It is already confirmed as we do not have enough coaches and training has begun.

Staff on 15:41 - Jul 7 with 3094 viewsdaveB

the kit launch itself wasn't a disaster, outside of QPR fans i doubt anyone knew or cared about it. PR wise they did a good job giving fans the chance to meet and talk to the players and manager. OK the kit was crap but that's a separate issue
Staff on 15:46 - Jul 7 with 3067 viewsWilly_WonkR

You do realise that qualified and experienced are two different things don't you?
As far as I am aware Ramsey has all the necessary qualifications.
Staff on 15:55 - Jul 7 with 3033 viewsMvpeter

Staff on 15:46 - Jul 7 by Willy_WonkR

You do realise that qualified and experienced are two different things don't you?
As far as I am aware Ramsey has all the necessary qualifications.

Oh yeah he's fully qualified educationwise. I'm using it in the other sense.

Like a surgeon straight out of school not being qualified to perform brain surgery the next day or to run the cardiology department.

Staff on 16:01 - Jul 7 with 3007 viewsdanehoop

Staff on 15:55 - Jul 7 by Mvpeter

Oh yeah he's fully qualified educationwise. I'm using it in the other sense.

Like a surgeon straight out of school not being qualified to perform brain surgery the next day or to run the cardiology department.

My Peter

are you aware that there is a difference between your personal opinion and
a. Fact
b. Widely held opinion ?

Your increasing vehemence in restating your own opinion aggressively would appear to indicate otherwise.

Never knowingly understood

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024