Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should we have a deadline concerning Austin's transfer? 09:25 - Jul 24 with 12630 viewsPey

Comingback from a holliday i would have expected Austin would already been sold by now.
I don't know if we are in the position to put a deadline to his matter cause to me this has all the last years Remy business smell about it.
I think we should make a statement anyway that other teams have the chance till 1 august to put an offer in.
This whole affair is dragging on from the day we relegated and it is time we put an end to it.
We should not suffer that PL Teams fail to recognize what's Austin value and left with our only option to loan a player to replace him.

Should we have a deadline concerning Austin's transfer? on 09:54 - Jul 24 with 6094 viewsHAYESBOY

Well Aston Villa have just bought a striker from France for 12m.

Maybe they wont go for Austin?

Smells like a trout farm in here

Should we have a deadline concerning Austin's transfer? on 09:59 - Jul 24 with 6076 viewsPey

Should we have a deadline concerning Austin's transfer? on 09:54 - Jul 24 by HAYESBOY

Well Aston Villa have just bought a striker from France for 12m.

Maybe they wont go for Austin?

If that would mean Austin would be staying then thatis fine for me.
Mid table or a cheeky aim for a play off spot then.
Should we have a deadline concerning Austin's transfer? on 10:01 - Jul 24 with 6058 viewslosethedrum

yes , we should but of course no we wont .
Should we have a deadline concerning Austin's transfer? on 10:05 - Jul 24 with 6047 viewsrunningman75

We started last season with Remy. We were then woefully short of strikers when he left last year though it was obvious he would leave.
Should we have a deadline concerning Austin's transfer? on 10:08 - Jul 24 with 6032 viewsQPR_John

"We should not suffer that PL Teams fail to recognize what's Austin value and left with our only option to loan a player to replace him. "

Of course they do they just do not want to pay it. It is all about brinkmanship, we hardly have a reputation for being hard nose negotiators.
Should we have a deadline concerning Austin's transfer? on 10:13 - Jul 24 with 6007 viewsBromleyHoop

You'd think that would be a common sense approach. However in reality if QPR receive an offer for Austen of £16m after their own self imposed deadline would they just turn it down? I'm not so sure.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2015 10:14]

Poll: Who is your player of the season

Should we have a deadline concerning Austin's transfer? on 10:15 - Jul 24 with 5997 viewsQPR_John

Should we have a deadline concerning Austin's transfer? on 10:05 - Jul 24 by runningman75

We started last season with Remy. We were then woefully short of strikers when he left last year though it was obvious he would leave.

How many times the Remy situation was different. The club did not want to sell Remy so if they had bought in a replacement and Remy had stayed there would be one extra largest salary for a player on the bench. I think they should have taken the gamble of getting someone in but you can understand the problem and maybe potential targets were weary of playing second fiddle to Remy. I doubt the club want to sell Austin but the difference is they do not have to so it is in their hands. If we are left like last season then the club is really being run poorly.
Should we have a deadline concerning Austin's transfer? on 10:19 - Jul 24 with 5978 viewsIrishR

Should we have a deadline concerning Austin's transfer? on 10:01 - Jul 24 by losethedrum

yes , we should but of course no we wont .

I find it strange that no club has seen 15m as value for him regardless of there only being 1 year left on his contract. Amazing to think that there was a potential bid of 14m for Rhodes rejected and we struggle for a fee of 15m for a young english striker proven at a higher level. I guess QPR were always seen as a soft touch maybe. As long as he doesnt hand in a transfer request we are in a strong position and the longer it goes he may get agitated himself and sign a new deal to fire us back up. If a few of the better players banded together, show a little loyalty and said they will stay i.e Austin(with an improved deal), Fer, phillips along with our new acquisitions we would be in with a great chance. Would just need a few defenders however. Like you say i think we should sit down with Charlie aswell and agree a cutoff, both sides put there cards on the table and agree to stay if it goes past a certain date and broadcast it to the world. Loyalty is something that is hard to come by in football these days and its admirable Charlie has plenty of it. Many others would of kicked up a fuss by now.
Login to get fewer ads

Should we have a deadline concerning Austin's transfer? on 10:23 - Jul 24 with 5959 viewsGetMeRangers

Should we have a deadline concerning Austin's transfer? on 10:15 - Jul 24 by QPR_John

How many times the Remy situation was different. The club did not want to sell Remy so if they had bought in a replacement and Remy had stayed there would be one extra largest salary for a player on the bench. I think they should have taken the gamble of getting someone in but you can understand the problem and maybe potential targets were weary of playing second fiddle to Remy. I doubt the club want to sell Austin but the difference is they do not have to so it is in their hands. If we are left like last season then the club is really being run poorly.

CR seemed to imply last night that the club might need to sell him for funds, especially given that he feels the need for back up to the current back four. At the same time he also said that Charlie wanted to go to a top club and implied he wouldnt settle for just any club. You might alos add to that rumours that Bianca does not want to up and take kids out of school or leave London

How many Prem top ten clubs do not play with a lone striker? Charlie isnt at his best when given that duty (though hard to judge on last year's side with a lack of pace on the break away from home)

Although CR thinks he will lose him, I am not convinced

Gullible as always
Should we have a deadline concerning Austin's transfer? on 10:29 - Jul 24 with 5937 viewsPey

Should we have a deadline concerning Austin's transfer? on 10:08 - Jul 24 by QPR_John

"We should not suffer that PL Teams fail to recognize what's Austin value and left with our only option to loan a player to replace him. "

Of course they do they just do not want to pay it. It is all about brinkmanship, we hardly have a reputation for being hard nose negotiators.

Didn't we bring in that guy from Burnley to prevent our pants would be pulled down again by other clubs and representatives of players?

However i am very happy with the transfer business done so far by the club.
Think we can make a final judgement on our business after the transfer deadline.
Should we have a deadline concerning Austin's transfer? on 10:30 - Jul 24 with 5930 viewseghamranger

Should we have a deadline concerning Austin's transfer? on 10:23 - Jul 24 by GetMeRangers

CR seemed to imply last night that the club might need to sell him for funds, especially given that he feels the need for back up to the current back four. At the same time he also said that Charlie wanted to go to a top club and implied he wouldnt settle for just any club. You might alos add to that rumours that Bianca does not want to up and take kids out of school or leave London

How many Prem top ten clubs do not play with a lone striker? Charlie isnt at his best when given that duty (though hard to judge on last year's side with a lack of pace on the break away from home)

Gullible as always

Up his wages ( must be able to afford that after getting rid of last seasons rabble). Give him cult status at HQ and if we get the defence right I think we could be massive contenders for promotion!!
Should we have a deadline concerning Austin's transfer? on 10:40 - Jul 24 with 5906 viewsJuzzie

There is a deadline, August 31st.
Should we have a deadline concerning Austin's transfer? on 11:18 - Jul 24 with 5832 viewsNorthernr

Total pipe dream.

You saw how it works with Loic Remy last season. If we said to Austin and the clubs that want to buy him that it's £15m and it's by August 5 otherwise it's not happening at all, and that deadline comes and goes, then suddenly at quarter to transfer deadline Chelsea met the asking price he'd be gone. The power is all with the player when they're in Austin's position - the only saving grace for us is he doesn't strike me as the type to throw his toys out of the pram if he doesn't get his move but if an offer comes in close to the deadline that meets our valuation and Austin wants to go then he'll go regardless of the fix it leaves us in.
Should we have a deadline concerning Austin's transfer? on 11:20 - Jul 24 with 5829 viewsYugohoop

I would put out a statement saying that after the 1st August the asking price is no long 15 million. The situation need to be resolved and the soon the better.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2015 11:22]
Should we have a deadline concerning Austin's transfer? on 11:26 - Jul 24 with 5801 viewsGetMeRangers

Should we have a deadline concerning Austin's transfer? on 10:40 - Jul 24 by Juzzie

There is a deadline, August 31st.

The summer transfer window for Premier League clubs will close on Tuesday 1 September at 1800 BST.
http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/news/news/2015-16/summer-transfer-window-2015
[Post edited 24 Jul 2015 11:28]
Should we have a deadline concerning Austin's transfer? on 11:30 - Jul 24 with 5781 viewslave16

Should we have a deadline concerning Austin's transfer? on 11:26 - Jul 24 by GetMeRangers

The summer transfer window for Premier League clubs will close on Tuesday 1 September at 1800 BST.
http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/news/news/2015-16/summer-transfer-window-2015
[Post edited 24 Jul 2015 11:28]

15 million until august 1st otherwise he stays....

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

Should we have a deadline concerning Austin's transfer? on 11:34 - Jul 24 with 5772 viewsJuzzie

Ah! OK..... there is a deadline... Tuesday 1st September :)

Seriously though, I don't think you can start insisting on deadlines, especially while a player is already got a a signed contract. Everything is player-power these days and like Remy (although we all knew that was going to happen!) it can happen right on the first day, the last day or anywhere inbetween.
Should we have a deadline concerning Austin's transfer? on 11:41 - Jul 24 with 5748 viewsNorthernr

Should we have a deadline concerning Austin's transfer? on 11:30 - Jul 24 by lave16

15 million until august 1st otherwise he stays....

You're dreaming. If that was how it worked Loic Remy would have played the first half of the season with us at least.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Should we have a deadline concerning Austin's transfer? on 11:49 - Jul 24 with 5712 viewsadhoc_qpr

Sadly if a club makes an acceptable offer on deadline day, he'll be off.

That's why we need to strengthen our striking options now, regardless of Charlie going or staying.

Sadly, given the budget we seem to be working under, I can't see many proven strikers we can afford.

I suspect Charlie will go late on in the window and we'll replace him with some prem kid on loan. Hopefully it will be more Patrick Bamford than Will Keane...
Should we have a deadline concerning Austin's transfer? on 11:52 - Jul 24 with 5705 viewsTacticalR

Should we have a deadline concerning Austin's transfer? on 10:23 - Jul 24 by GetMeRangers

Gullible as always

CR said that he thought it very likely Austin would be sold this summer.

Air hostess clique

Should we have a deadline concerning Austin's transfer? on 12:11 - Jul 24 with 5672 viewsTacticalR

Should we have a deadline concerning Austin's transfer? on 10:29 - Jul 24 by Pey

Didn't we bring in that guy from Burnley to prevent our pants would be pulled down again by other clubs and representatives of players?

However i am very happy with the transfer business done so far by the club.
Think we can make a final judgement on our business after the transfer deadline.

Btw, this is why I always advocate wearing clean underpants (in case our pants are pulled down by other clubs and representatives of players).

Air hostess clique

Should we have a deadline concerning Austin's transfer? on 12:19 - Jul 24 with 5642 viewsSomersetHoops

Wild prediction from annoyance about how this is dragging on:-
(BTW I guess LF & CR are equally annoyed, but need to be more pro-active in sorting it out)

Austin goes to Spurs on 4th August for 12 million + player exchange

How close will that be? If its going to happen lets do it now!

Who's Next?

Should we have a deadline concerning Austin's transfer? on 12:23 - Jul 24 with 5628 viewsLowerloftLad

No ..... All this rubbish about the club acting differently this time around. now i would hate to point out the obvious

Crap pre season
Crap shirts
Players leaving Austin,phiilips talk now of green going fer will bugger off last minute too
And you are deluded if you think the remains of the squad can even sneak top 10 in the championship is a 5th consecutive season of turmoil

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Should we have a deadline concerning Austin's transfer? on 12:26 - Jul 24 with 5611 viewsYorkRanger

Should we have a deadline concerning Austin's transfer? on 11:49 - Jul 24 by adhoc_qpr

Sadly if a club makes an acceptable offer on deadline day, he'll be off.

That's why we need to strengthen our striking options now, regardless of Charlie going or staying.

Sadly, given the budget we seem to be working under, I can't see many proven strikers we can afford.

I suspect Charlie will go late on in the window and we'll replace him with some prem kid on loan. Hopefully it will be more Patrick Bamford than Will Keane...

agreed - re an offer on deadline day. If it lands and is acceptable then he will be gone.
Should we have a deadline concerning Austin's transfer? on 12:27 - Jul 24 with 5610 viewsrsonist

I would have taken any £12-13m offer as soon as we could, none of this messy faff clouding minds. The £2m extra isn't insignificant but its value is contingent. To some fans (maybe even to the club too) it almost seems to be more about the pride of it than the function at this point.

There's still a chance it will all resolve itself to our greater benefit but I'm increasingly less hopeful.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024