Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our squad(s) as they stand now. 01:03 - Aug 4 with 2306 viewsganjR

Sorry in advance, but with the chat about new players in etc. I looked at all our professional players at the club and came up with these:

Assuming we are playing the fluid 4-3-3 / 4-5-1 formation that Chris Ramsey seems to prefer, and we have a full squad (except Robinson as he is long term injured, Sandro due to his work permit issues and our relegation and Fer as it seems hes off this week) we'd probably line up like this:

Green
Perch Onouha Hill Yun
Faurlin Luongo Chery
Phillips Austin Gladwin
-
Lumley
Furlong Wise Hall(?) Traore
Diakite Henry JET
Mackie Polter Hoilett
-
?
Haanalainen(sp) ? ? Kpekawa
Doughty Mitchell Sutherland
Grego-Cox Blackwood Petrasso
-
We also have,
Ryan Manning (LW) and youngsters like Prohouly, N'Guessan, Pattie, Shodipo, Kakay and probably a couple coming in.

Realistically, I can see 28/29 players that could get a game this year, if our complete change of policy is to bare fruition.

I added Hall in as we seem to want to add him and basically, we need another CB or 2 really.

Obviously, Yun and Traore are injured as is Robinson, we only have Kpekawa as a LB for a bit potentially, I rate him very highly, but don't think he's ready to be the only fit LB at the club for a month or more as Yun and Traore have missed nearly all of pre-season. I'd like a loan until January for competition. If we can move Traore out on loan or for free, then that would be a good move. Let Kpekawa have the cup game(s) and if the loan and Yun are battling it out for the 1st team spot, let Kpekawa have a loan to continue his development.

If (please) we can sell Hoilett (who if any other clubs are reading this, is extremely talented) then I'd want us to buy another LW.

I'd like to this Bentley come in as competition for Green, with Lumley taking over the sub keeper role when/if Green leaves at the end of the season and if Lumley is good enough.

In the last team, I put Grego-Cox as an inside forward. I haven't seen much of him, but not sure if he could play the striker role in that formation.

If, when Austin goes, then I think we need to get another striker in. As much as I never thought I'd write this, IF his wages fit into our structure.... Carlton Cole wouldn't be too bad. I can't think of a striker for the £5m max we'd spend (wild guess) in England or Scotland, that would come to us and would be good for that role. Andre Gray is being quoted at £7m? Wow! He's always been wasteful when I've seen him, although he obviously scored a load last year and is obviously a good player. Don't think he's worth that. Glen Murray? I'm sure that Les n Chris have a foreign gem up their sleeves. Or Carlton Cole.

I guess it comes down to whether we or more importantly, the management, can envisage having the likes of Doughty or Sutherland, Kpekawa or Furlong, Grego-Cox or Blackwood, Petrasso or Manning, having a run of 5-10 games on the trot because of injuries, suspensions, loss of form Etc.

Lastly, if Fer and Sandro, for some bizarre reason, choose to be a whole hearted QPR in the championship player, then we will have a lot of midfielders. If they go and the unthinkable happens with Faurlin and the thinkable happens with Diakite, then we won't have a lot of midfielders.

[Post edited 4 Aug 2015 1:06]
Our squad(s) as they stand now. on 07:00 - Aug 4 with 2211 viewsQPRski

I agree that "today" our strongest team seems to be something like:

-----------Green-----------
Perch- Onouha Hill Yun
Faurlin Luongo Chery
Phillips Austin Gladwin

I personally would put it in a 4-2-3-1 formation and would willingly play Henry in the first team when there will be a need for a more "defensive" formation.

However, this is clearly an "interim version". Fer is clearly going (but seems to be already successfully replaced by Chery) and will most certainly be followed by Austin, and possibly by Phillips by the end of the transfer window.

Add to this the fact that Yun is injured and Hill is regreatably ageing, and it clearly highlights the urgent need for a new centre back, a left back and a new striker... plus the need for the young players to develop and perform.

I will watch with interest how this develops.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024