Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
samba diakite? 12:46 - Aug 18 with 6819 viewsbrad

whats happening with this guy?are we gonna give him a chance or what,better than henry?or not,from hero to zero in 3 seasons,i thought he had a bit of talent with a bit of agression,just what we need for this league!any thoughts?
samba diakite? on 12:48 - Aug 18 with 5488 viewsClive_Anderson

I'd like to see him given another chance. Sounds like he did alright in preseason.

We do have a habit of chucking players on the scrapheap and then just run down their contracts.
samba diakite? on 12:50 - Aug 18 with 5479 viewsngbqpr

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/football-wls-ramsey-responds-to-diakites-plea

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

samba diakite? on 12:50 - Aug 18 with 5453 viewsBasingstokeR

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/football-wls-ramsey-responds-to-diakites-plea
samba diakite? on 12:59 - Aug 18 with 5373 viewsWokingR

samba diakite? on 12:50 - Aug 18 by ngbqpr

They're trying to ruin him

Where is the fun in a well behaved Samba ?
samba diakite? on 14:14 - Aug 18 with 5193 viewsBasingstokeR

samba diakite? on 12:50 - Aug 18 by ngbqpr

Get out of my head NGB

samba diakite? on 15:34 - Aug 18 with 5079 viewsBromleyHoop

v Carlisle??? Come on Chris you know want to!

Poll: Who is your player of the season

samba diakite? on 00:31 - Aug 19 with 4864 viewsBenny_the_Ball

"a bit of agression". Understatement of the year! Complete loon is a more apt description. A likeable loon but a loon nonetheless.
samba diakite? on 00:56 - Aug 19 with 4836 viewsNeil_SI

I've always been a huge fan of patience and development, but even in this example, I just fail to see how Diakite can eradicate the problems in his make up to succeed at this level.

He's extremely likeable, has potential, but is horrendously raw. I think it's too late for him personally and he is unfortunately a liability that you can't rely on.

I saw him play a couple of times in pre-season, and while some of his play was eye-catching, I didn't really see anything that suggested he's learned from the flaws in his game, and sadly they are very serious flaws that are likely to cause the team problems.

I think he lacks mentally, technically and tactically. It's just too much ground to make up, even if he has excellent physical attributes and one or two technical abilities that combine well with his physical strengths.

Personally I would never trust him in the centre of midfield. I said a long time ago that perhaps his best position for the team would be right-back, and if I had to play him, that's where I'd think about putting him.

The reason being is simple. He is wild with his style, especially in open play where he can go in any direction. On the right, he'd be restricted to forwards and in field, lessening the decisions he needs to make and the amount of options for decision making. This simplification can help him improve, while at the same time, make use of some of his strengths, which is his ability to surge forwards, both with and without the ball. He'd need to work on his crossing though, but as he'd have less space to operate in in terms of defensive duties, it'd also help him improve and focus his tackling and blocks into concentrated areas of the pitch.

Maybe even then, he could return to midfield if he could improve some of those basics and take them into his game into other positions on the pitch.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2015 0:57]
Login to get fewer ads

samba diakite? on 01:53 - Aug 19 with 4812 viewsWilloW4

samba diakite? on 00:56 - Aug 19 by Neil_SI

I've always been a huge fan of patience and development, but even in this example, I just fail to see how Diakite can eradicate the problems in his make up to succeed at this level.

He's extremely likeable, has potential, but is horrendously raw. I think it's too late for him personally and he is unfortunately a liability that you can't rely on.

I saw him play a couple of times in pre-season, and while some of his play was eye-catching, I didn't really see anything that suggested he's learned from the flaws in his game, and sadly they are very serious flaws that are likely to cause the team problems.

I think he lacks mentally, technically and tactically. It's just too much ground to make up, even if he has excellent physical attributes and one or two technical abilities that combine well with his physical strengths.

Personally I would never trust him in the centre of midfield. I said a long time ago that perhaps his best position for the team would be right-back, and if I had to play him, that's where I'd think about putting him.

The reason being is simple. He is wild with his style, especially in open play where he can go in any direction. On the right, he'd be restricted to forwards and in field, lessening the decisions he needs to make and the amount of options for decision making. This simplification can help him improve, while at the same time, make use of some of his strengths, which is his ability to surge forwards, both with and without the ball. He'd need to work on his crossing though, but as he'd have less space to operate in in terms of defensive duties, it'd also help him improve and focus his tackling and blocks into concentrated areas of the pitch.

Maybe even then, he could return to midfield if he could improve some of those basics and take them into his game into other positions on the pitch.

"He's extremely likable"... Says who?.. An awful footballer, get rid. Nothing to like about him.!
samba diakite? on 10:31 - Aug 19 with 4700 viewsTacticalR

Normally if a player gets a yellow early in the game he will cool it. If Diakité gets a yellow early in the game the manager has to be thinking about substituting him immediately because he's very likely to get another yellow and get sent off.

Air hostess clique

samba diakite? on 10:33 - Aug 19 with 4687 viewsQPunkR

samba diakite? on 00:56 - Aug 19 by Neil_SI

I admire your long posts - I do - but surely this could be put much more succinctly;
Everybody wet bikini

QPR - "shit but local"

samba diakite? on 10:35 - Aug 19 with 4679 viewsNorthernr

I suspect if he ever was picked we'd quickly realise why it's a bad idea. He's a liability unfortunately.
samba diakite? on 10:39 - Aug 19 with 4663 viewsWatford_Ranger

If he was 19 I'd stick with him and try and build a proper footballer from the raw materials he has. He's nearly 27 and should be at his peak yet has about 100 career appearances across his many years as a professional footballer. Just seems too big a risk for the possible reward.

Save him for when we get Chelsea in the cup. Apart from that, not for me.
samba diakite? on 10:45 - Aug 19 with 4648 viewsQPunkR

Bah! You lot ain't no fun!

QPR - "shit but local"

samba diakite? on 10:48 - Aug 19 with 4628 viewsHooparoo

Take him to the Vet and have him put down. It's the kindest thing to do.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

samba diakite? on 10:52 - Aug 19 with 4615 viewsPhilmyRs

samba diakite? on 10:35 - Aug 19 by Northernr

I suspect if he ever was picked we'd quickly realise why it's a bad idea. He's a liability unfortunately.

While I agree to an extent, I remember thinking at the time (his first season) and the role he played, specifically against Arsenal, he was anything but a liability. He was a match winner.

I wonder how someone that performed to that level, in a key game, kept his head and played some excellent football, can regress to a level where people are claiming he’s beyond help and will never eradicate his flaws. That’s not a criticism by the way, as I too think it may be too late for Samba, I just find it a mystery that someone with genuine skill, an ability to ghost by players, good fitness and speed, has never been able to learn about the game.

It’s almost as if the hard parts of Football, which people struggle with such as beating a man (not physically!) with the ball, is something he can do so effortlessly but knowing when to stand up and not dive in, knowing where he should be on the pitch in certain situations during a game are concepts he just can’t grasp. I’ve always assumed they’re the easy stuff you can teach people, it’s the natural ability you can’t. Having had Samba now for 3 years, he’s made me change my mind. Shame.
samba diakite? on 11:02 - Aug 19 with 4574 viewsNorthernr

samba diakite? on 10:52 - Aug 19 by PhilmyRs

While I agree to an extent, I remember thinking at the time (his first season) and the role he played, specifically against Arsenal, he was anything but a liability. He was a match winner.

I wonder how someone that performed to that level, in a key game, kept his head and played some excellent football, can regress to a level where people are claiming he’s beyond help and will never eradicate his flaws. That’s not a criticism by the way, as I too think it may be too late for Samba, I just find it a mystery that someone with genuine skill, an ability to ghost by players, good fitness and speed, has never been able to learn about the game.

It’s almost as if the hard parts of Football, which people struggle with such as beating a man (not physically!) with the ball, is something he can do so effortlessly but knowing when to stand up and not dive in, knowing where he should be on the pitch in certain situations during a game are concepts he just can’t grasp. I’ve always assumed they’re the easy stuff you can teach people, it’s the natural ability you can’t. Having had Samba now for 3 years, he’s made me change my mind. Shame.

Yes he was terrific against Arsenal, but the Fulham game was before that when he only lasted 33 minutes and was lucky to manage that. I don't think he has regressed, I think that Arsenal game - in hindsight, because I thought he was going to be brilliant too - was a dog having its day.
samba diakite? on 11:10 - Aug 19 with 4551 viewsPhilmyRs

samba diakite? on 11:02 - Aug 19 by Northernr

Yes he was terrific against Arsenal, but the Fulham game was before that when he only lasted 33 minutes and was lucky to manage that. I don't think he has regressed, I think that Arsenal game - in hindsight, because I thought he was going to be brilliant too - was a dog having its day.

True, although I actually thought (mentalness aside), he showed a lot of potential in the Fulham game with the ball at his feet. It was the off the ball recklessness which was the problem. I assumed this sort of thing was easy to coach out of someone and the natural ability they had would win the day. As I said, Samba has proved me wrong.
samba diakite? on 11:13 - Aug 19 with 4536 viewsadhoc_qpr

samba diakite? on 11:02 - Aug 19 by Northernr

But he has made 23 appearances for us, 11 for Watford, 7 for ittihad and has 19 caps for Mali - he's been sent off what 3 times? Surely he can't be that bad now.

He has brilliant against Arsenal, but he was also decent enough in various other games during that loan spell.

After joining, he was shocking against Swansea and Norwich i remember - but not notably worse than his other 10 team mates?
samba diakite? on 11:36 - Aug 19 with 4506 viewsjamois

Diakite or Karl Henry?

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

samba diakite? on 11:45 - Aug 19 with 4496 viewsToast_R

Get him on the pitch, I'll paid good money to watch him again.
samba diakite? on 11:55 - Aug 19 with 4482 viewsNorthernr

samba diakite? on 11:13 - Aug 19 by adhoc_qpr

But he has made 23 appearances for us, 11 for Watford, 7 for ittihad and has 19 caps for Mali - he's been sent off what 3 times? Surely he can't be that bad now.

He has brilliant against Arsenal, but he was also decent enough in various other games during that loan spell.

After joining, he was shocking against Swansea and Norwich i remember - but not notably worse than his other 10 team mates?

11 appearances for Watford? He started once, and was sent off. He never started again and only made five sub appearances. They looked into sending him back early. My Watford season ticket holder at work says he's one of the worst Watford players he's ever seen.

7 for Ittihad - even if that is accurate does 7 appearances in an awful standard of football over an entire season not ring a few alarm bells? In total, by age 26, he has made just 52 starts in European football.

If you're looking for a stick to beat Chris Ramsey with, not picking Samba Diakite shouldn't be one of them.

This post has been edited by an administrator
samba diakite? on 11:57 - Aug 19 with 4468 viewsQPunkR

samba diakite? on 11:55 - Aug 19 by Northernr

11 appearances for Watford? He started once, and was sent off. He never started again and only made five sub appearances. They looked into sending him back early. My Watford season ticket holder at work says he's one of the worst Watford players he's ever seen.

7 for Ittihad - even if that is accurate does 7 appearances in an awful standard of football over an entire season not ring a few alarm bells? In total, by age 26, he has made just 52 starts in European football.

If you're looking for a stick to beat Chris Ramsey with, not picking Samba Diakite shouldn't be one of them.

This post has been edited by an administrator

That's 'cos they're all bloody philistines!!

QPR - "shit but local"

samba diakite? on 12:02 - Aug 19 with 4460 viewsparker64

I went and watched him in an U21 game last season. The youngsters in the side were telling him what to do. I knew it was up for him that day. The Arsenal game will be one of those games that I'll always remember though.
samba diakite? on 12:06 - Aug 19 with 4447 viewsWatford_Ranger

samba diakite? on 11:36 - Aug 19 by jamois

Diakite or Karl Henry?

Henry is an extremely limited footballer to say the least but you know what you'll get. Say we lose tonight (realistic) and put Diakite in in what becomes an important game on Saturday. Can anyone be confident at all that he's physically and mentally ready for Championship football?

I wouldn't have Henry in the team either, but I'd have him in ahead of Diakite.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024