Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Disgrace 08:24 - Aug 20 with 3986 viewsganjR

What a good display and result last night, so happy!
Yes, it's 1 result, but we have a lot of new players, changing the system, had pre-season disrupted by a dodgy tour operator and plans also disrupted by players not going, when expected and by being sensible with our financial structure, at last.
We have said we expect a mid-table finish, which means poor results and performances at times.
We wanted QPR men at the club, youth getting a chance and good football and we will be getting that, yet some mugs go silent when we win and are calling for the bosses head after 2 games. Have a word with yourselves,! Only seem happy when things go bad, booing players and some c^nt asking for acid to be thrown in Fernandes face? Sorry, that makes this clubs 'fans' look like no-marks.
It won't always be fun this season, but I feel fcking angry at some of you on this board. We have suffered much worse at this club before, we all have opinions and have the right to them, but some SH!T I read on here makes me want to get into the ring with some of you for charity and knock some sense into you.
I love my club, through thick and thin, if you don't, then don't spoil it for others. See a doctor or something, it's probably medical.
Disgrace on 10:15 - Aug 20 with 3870 viewshopphoops

Am I allowed to agree with you even though I don't get to many games?

It's one thing to get fcked off with a result or a fck up by a player or a player taking the pss, and all the more so for people who shell out every week to go, but this constant know-it-all passive aggressive told-you-so whining is so self-defeating and above all boring!

We could easily have lost last night 4-2 or drawn 5-5. Both teams made loads of mistakes which would have been hammered at the Premiership level, but that's Championship football and that's what we're playing now with mainly players on wages which are massive but not bigger-than-Atletico-Madirid ridiculous, and a few on ex-Prem wages who seem to be taking the additional responsibilities seriously. If you can't enjoy that then FFS.

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Disgrace on 10:39 - Aug 20 with 3752 viewsBluce_Ree

Ugh, so bored of this kind of talk.

Look. Some folks are happy, some aren't, some care too much, some don't care. Ultimately, none of it really matters.

If QPR win and you're happy, be happy. If QPR win and you're worried about other fans who aren't happy then you need to chill out.

It's all fun and games until King Green goes.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Disgrace on 13:21 - Aug 20 with 3613 viewsIngham

Thrown down the gauntlet there, ganjR, haha.

But surely Bluce Lee is right. It's the same thing in a different dressing, and each group is restating the issue in very slightly different terms from very slightly different points of view. The admirers think things will get better, the critics insist they must. If Ramsey is a loser, no-one, but no-one, will demand that he should stay. We're right behind them at the beginning, when the jury is out, and if they're winning, but when they most need us, when things are going wrong further down the line, there's no-one to be found. If he's a winner, everyone will endorse him. But will he stay? Even when our managers DO achieve something, one season of doubtful performances or results and they're out, for one reason or another, as Holloway, Warnock and Redknapp will testify, not to mention Stock and Jago. But even when we've wanted them to remain - like Sexton or Venables - because we believed they had what we wanted, QPR didn't have what they wanted.

What we believe will happen has nothing to do with what we hope will happen. It is commonplace for supporters to hope for a good result while fearing we won't get it. THAT is a matter of loyalty. It is loyalty that makes us hope for the best, and fear the worst. Where it isn't emotional, it is a matter of judgement, and merely represents possibilities.

Where the future is concerned, all possibilities are open, and remain so until the results are in.

Giving our managers time sounds sensible enough, but in practice it has rarely made much sense. Giving them time to achieve something specific, when what is expected is reasonable, and all the means of achieving it are in place, DOES make sense.

But when was the Club last in that kind of shape?

There needs to be much more to believe in - and to justify that belief - than simply telling ourselves it's okay, or telling ourselves to wait. If we usually got things right, it would be reasonable to wait and see before jumping to conclusions. But as things stand, it makes sense to doubt our judgement when it has so often been found to be faulty. Especially since the Gregory era faded away under Thompson until relegation some 20 years ago.

Certainly, we're all fed up with negative, negative, negative. Many are fed up with negative appointments and signings, results and performances. Many others are fed up with negative comments.

Me, I always look on the bright side, as you know. Just like yourself. One day, the Golden Age will return at QPR, because, let's face it, one day it will even return at Easter Road.

And the Famous Five will ride again!
[Post edited 20 Aug 2015 13:28]
Disgrace on 16:20 - Aug 20 with 3443 viewsvegasranger

All this youth getting a chance nonsense. Our set up is abysmal and produces very poor quality players. I read that Ramsay / Ferdinand had convinced Fernandes that youth was the way forward and that ours had been held back. Well right now the only one who looks close to the mark is the young left back. Until we build a proper training ground and have a proper youth set up , there will very limited progress.
Disgrace on 17:59 - Aug 20 with 3330 viewskarl

Disgrace on 13:21 - Aug 20 by Ingham

Thrown down the gauntlet there, ganjR, haha.

But surely Bluce Lee is right. It's the same thing in a different dressing, and each group is restating the issue in very slightly different terms from very slightly different points of view. The admirers think things will get better, the critics insist they must. If Ramsey is a loser, no-one, but no-one, will demand that he should stay. We're right behind them at the beginning, when the jury is out, and if they're winning, but when they most need us, when things are going wrong further down the line, there's no-one to be found. If he's a winner, everyone will endorse him. But will he stay? Even when our managers DO achieve something, one season of doubtful performances or results and they're out, for one reason or another, as Holloway, Warnock and Redknapp will testify, not to mention Stock and Jago. But even when we've wanted them to remain - like Sexton or Venables - because we believed they had what we wanted, QPR didn't have what they wanted.

What we believe will happen has nothing to do with what we hope will happen. It is commonplace for supporters to hope for a good result while fearing we won't get it. THAT is a matter of loyalty. It is loyalty that makes us hope for the best, and fear the worst. Where it isn't emotional, it is a matter of judgement, and merely represents possibilities.

Where the future is concerned, all possibilities are open, and remain so until the results are in.

Giving our managers time sounds sensible enough, but in practice it has rarely made much sense. Giving them time to achieve something specific, when what is expected is reasonable, and all the means of achieving it are in place, DOES make sense.

But when was the Club last in that kind of shape?

There needs to be much more to believe in - and to justify that belief - than simply telling ourselves it's okay, or telling ourselves to wait. If we usually got things right, it would be reasonable to wait and see before jumping to conclusions. But as things stand, it makes sense to doubt our judgement when it has so often been found to be faulty. Especially since the Gregory era faded away under Thompson until relegation some 20 years ago.

Certainly, we're all fed up with negative, negative, negative. Many are fed up with negative appointments and signings, results and performances. Many others are fed up with negative comments.

Me, I always look on the bright side, as you know. Just like yourself. One day, the Golden Age will return at QPR, because, let's face it, one day it will even return at Easter Road.

And the Famous Five will ride again!
[Post edited 20 Aug 2015 13:28]

I'll be so disappointed if your prophecy doesn't come to pass Ingham!
Disgrace on 20:20 - Aug 20 with 3230 viewspaulparker

What youth are playing BTW
Not a dig at you Ganjr but we are still playing players like hill, Henry , konchesky & perch
Throw in Leon best and it's not exactly the youth team
I don't rate Ramsey but I'm still happy we won and want to be proved wrong
I'd be happy if we shored up the defence and won a few games 1 or 2 nil , we need to be less open and more organised at the back

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Disgrace on 21:14 - Aug 20 with 3140 viewsWeaverQPR

Disgrace on 20:20 - Aug 20 by paulparker

What youth are playing BTW
Not a dig at you Ganjr but we are still playing players like hill, Henry , konchesky & perch
Throw in Leon best and it's not exactly the youth team
I don't rate Ramsey but I'm still happy we won and want to be proved wrong
I'd be happy if we shored up the defence and won a few games 1 or 2 nil , we need to be less open and more organised at the back

Get annoyed at this 'If your against Ramsey your against QPR attitude'. I won't coat him off at games so to vent my anger or annoyance ill use this MB.

@WeavQPR

Disgrace on 21:24 - Aug 20 with 3102 viewspaulparker

Disgrace on 21:14 - Aug 20 by WeaverQPR

Get annoyed at this 'If your against Ramsey your against QPR attitude'. I won't coat him off at games so to vent my anger or annoyance ill use this MB.

Same here mate , that's what a MB is for is it not ?
Being called a Chelsea fan or a spoilt fan and other such stuff is pretty low in my book
Ive yet to be convicted by Ramsey, and still think he was the wrong choice, we got the win but are still conceding 2 goals a game
That's a worry
Anyway hopefully 3 points on Saturday

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Login to get fewer ads

Disgrace on 21:58 - Aug 20 with 3024 viewswgchoop

Disgrace on 21:14 - Aug 20 by WeaverQPR

To be fair it's just as annoying every time something goes wrong blaming Ramsey or saying told u so let's just all enjoy a midweek win and anticipate a good game Saturday.
Disgrace on 22:05 - Aug 20 with 2999 viewsganjR

Ok, maybe my rant didn't make myself clear (my fault, I think the replies have been very sensible and intelligent, basically what I expect from this board), so let me try again.
On a personal level, I doubt Ramsey will be a success as manager here or maybe anywhere. Good coach (undeniable) people in the game who are far more qualified than us say so, he talks a good game, or at least, comes across very well, but not as a leader or maybe a winner.
If Sir Les wasn't a legend here, then we could easily see his appointment and the role he took on, as a coup with regards to Redknapp and I feel that this DoF role is a fancy way of saying manager.
Pre-season was a disaster and we should know better by now, the recruitment process has been hindered by players not moving on, although I doubt we can be blamed for this as we have worked to budgets and have stuck to guns with regards to top players like Austin and Phillips (so far).
We have brought in good players for less money and wages and are trying to build the club in the right way, again / finally and that needs applauding.
My comments about youth were about the new attitude meaning that youngsters can see a path to first team football, something that hasn't been the case for too long and again, needs applauding. Yes, we can say that the youngsters haven't been good enough and a total lack of investment has been a big part of that, but having Doughty (not a youth, but home grown), Furlong and Kpekawa, as well as Comley and Grego-Cox have had first team minutes and I'm sure a couple of others will get a chance too.
I think it's healthy to have varying opinions, it's vital to a board. I'm not pro or anti Ramsey, I'm pro-QPR.
My rant is at those who, like all of us, have been asking for stability, mercenaries to get tae fck, QPR men at the club, developing a team of players that can develop and want to be here. We have said that during this transition period, we see mid-table as a realistic target, all things that are the right direction, sensible and honest. What we have been clambering for.
I won't bother about the Fernandes stuff. When someone goes on twitter and makes comments about acid in his face, they are just a c¥nt. nothing needs adding to that.
What I really hate is that after 2 games, we have half a dozen threads that are pages long, discussing our next manager, 'Ramsey out' etc. when we win, not so much. It seems that many are only happy when things are fcking up at the club. That doesn't seem like support to me, it seems the complete opposite. I know that many are trolls.
Even away from the board, booing Austin, booing the players after a last minute equaliser against us, sees us get a point against a steady championship side, what have we become. It's rubbish and we are better than that.
So in summary, please, I'm not having a go at people's opinions, not my place to do so. We should have debate, as those who have posted on this thread have shown, it's good to do so, what I can't tolerate is those who seem to get hard ons when things go badly, the I told you so crowd etc. it is pathetic and makes me hate a board that I have posted on for 10 years.
Let Les and Chris and the board and the players get on with the rebuilding process, lets be patient, lets back our team fully, they will need us and then lets see where we are. Jumping guns and revelling in any misfortune is snidey and makes my stomach turn.
-
On a side note, good to hear from you Ingham, best wishes to you and yours as always. I was at the Hibs v Morton match with my boy on Saturday. Stubbs is making the right moves, but under 9,000 at Easter road (140th anniversary, £5 programme FFS), but the Scott Allan scenario just summed up everything that I hate about football right now, love watching the game, love the passion, but can't love those playing it anymore. Still love Leith though and the passion of the fans. Also, we maybe should try a link with Morton... Same kit and surprisingly, same songs, but with Ton replacing R's.
- hope this has made sense, can be hard with my eyes and an iPhone.
Disgrace on 10:24 - Aug 21 with 2718 viewsLewes_r

I wouldn't get too wound up Ganj .. Most of the overly negative posters probably have frustrated lives and probably moan about everything all day long (QPR aside).. likewise the "happy clappers" are probably off their nuts all day long sporting rictus grins from doing too much glue in the 80s

I think its sensible to ignore and try to find a middle ground where you don't get overly excited and say told you so after 1 win or tap one out when we lose and Ramsey makes a weird substitution
[Post edited 21 Aug 2015 10:27]

Poll: Who do we want down with us and Burnley?

Disgrace on 10:35 - Aug 21 with 2681 viewsganjR

Disgrace on 10:24 - Aug 21 by Lewes_r

I wouldn't get too wound up Ganj .. Most of the overly negative posters probably have frustrated lives and probably moan about everything all day long (QPR aside).. likewise the "happy clappers" are probably off their nuts all day long sporting rictus grins from doing too much glue in the 80s

I think its sensible to ignore and try to find a middle ground where you don't get overly excited and say told you so after 1 win or tap one out when we lose and Ramsey makes a weird substitution
[Post edited 21 Aug 2015 10:27]

Of course you are totally right Lewes, just annoying when everyone seems happier with a bad result and the chance to stick the knives in.
I'm preaching sanity when I'm not same enough to do so. :)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024