Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just Back 22:14 - Aug 25 with 7399 viewsganjR

Well on train to drop my son off and then come back through White City....
Obviously not good enough today, my son has now experienced life as a QPR fan in the cup....

Smithies 6 is a good keeper but hesitated a bit for their opener.
Furlong 6 better game for us, has potential but is still very raw
Hall 7 is someone (at 22?) who has real potential in my view, like the look of him but needs to work on where he heads his clearances out.
Hill 6 looked a bit shaky to me, but settled later.
Kpekawa 6 Poor start but grew into the game, still very very raw.
Doughty 6 some good passing on him, his early booking hindered him and a foot in front and it would've been a penalty.
Gobern 5 tidy but anonymous too often
JET 7 our best player today, will be frustrating and sublime in equal measures.
RGC 5 worked hard but lacked the quality, again still very raw.
Hoilett 4 pointless, loves a blind alley.
Polter 5 poor game I felt.
-
Chery came on too late, wasted a free kick and corner.
Comley wrong sub to bring on, won't be here next season.
Luongo too little time to do much.
-
Ramsey 5.. Wrong subs at wrong times, team were patient but too much so.
-
One other moan, how much noise did people in the concourses make during the minutes silence.
-
Oh. Should've had a penalty late on.
Usual QPR cup capitulation.
Just Back on 22:20 - Aug 25 with 5978 viewsVish

Agree with most of that.

We didn't have enough from our central midfielders today. Doughty was tidy, I didn't think he got enough help from Gobern who had a poor game.

Hoillet and Polter should have put us ahead. Carlisle didn't offer much in the second half but put their second goal away nicely.

Our squad simply isn't good enough. Thought the subs were late and wrong options as well at the time.
Just Back on 22:21 - Aug 25 with 5891 viewsBlackCrowe

Not overly bothered about the result but 2 things plssed me off tonight.

1. Was the ridiculously long queue to get into SAR turnstiles on our smallest crowd of the season - massively understaffed.

2. Team selection. Completely sense not to play Austin or Phillips - we need to get used to life without them, but to rest so many first teamers when they need game time gelling and getting into a groove seemed stupid.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Just Back on 22:24 - Aug 25 with 5838 viewsSimonJames

Those are pretty generous marks given that we were beaten by a team that is near the bottom of League 2.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Just Back on 22:27 - Aug 25 with 5789 viewsLblock

Sorry mate but JET our best player?

From tonight I can see why he's failed at Championship level and was only a bit part player in a League One title winning team
Lazy, weak and disinterested in any form of defending at all

His goal was a keeper error

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Just Back on 22:28 - Aug 25 with 5772 viewsfakekerby

Just back also.

Largely agree - Ramsey putting on Comley when we needed to get a grip on the game was bizarre.

I think this was just a run out for the kids in all honesty, I don't think Ramsey was trying to win this game.

Furlong and Kpekwa looked good for the future. Smithies seemed quite confident and composed - a little like Lee Camp. Midfield was horribly negative - all sideways passing. Polter had little support, hard to judge. Grego Cox was anonymous.

Hoilett was toilet. Polter set one up on the plate for him which he just passed into their keepers hands. Looks more and more like SWP every game.

Chery looked mad at himself after the game - two poor set pieces for him but 8 minutes is hardly enough for him to win us a game!
[Post edited 25 Aug 2015 22:31]
Just Back on 22:38 - Aug 25 with 5612 viewsmakaveli1882

Just Back on 22:28 - Aug 25 by fakekerby

Just back also.

Largely agree - Ramsey putting on Comley when we needed to get a grip on the game was bizarre.

I think this was just a run out for the kids in all honesty, I don't think Ramsey was trying to win this game.

Furlong and Kpekwa looked good for the future. Smithies seemed quite confident and composed - a little like Lee Camp. Midfield was horribly negative - all sideways passing. Polter had little support, hard to judge. Grego Cox was anonymous.

Hoilett was toilet. Polter set one up on the plate for him which he just passed into their keepers hands. Looks more and more like SWP every game.

Chery looked mad at himself after the game - two poor set pieces for him but 8 minutes is hardly enough for him to win us a game!
[Post edited 25 Aug 2015 22:31]

My match report - shiiiittt caants

League cup and fa cup should be free for all the idiots like me who turn up
Just Back on 22:51 - Aug 25 with 5444 viewseghamranger

Well done to the people that went. Personally I'm not bothered about the result, glad players had a run out, new keeper needed a game and other players needed match fitness.
Was a EDS 11 anyway so roll on sat when out first team is out.

We all know Toilet is rubbish and clearly Ramsey knows!!
[Post edited 25 Aug 2015 22:53]
Just Back on 22:59 - Aug 25 with 5364 viewsquickpassrotter

Just Back on 22:27 - Aug 25 by Lblock

From tonight I can see why he's failed at Championship level and was only a bit part player in a League One title winning team

JET. Couldn't agree more.
Login to get fewer ads

Just Back on 23:06 - Aug 25 with 5313 viewsganjR

Just Back on 22:27 - Aug 25 by Lblock

He didn't have much competition really. Just felt that when he got on the ball, he tried to be positive with his runs.
Maybe I should've put 'least SH!t' player.
Just Back on 23:06 - Aug 25 with 5309 viewsHitch

When swp left he gave his boots to toilet.
Just Back on 23:25 - Aug 25 with 5178 viewsoldmeadoniansR

Just back also and disagree with evaluation of JET. I thought he was easily our best player. Linked well. Always looked for the forward pass and crucially was one of our few players willing and able to take a player on. Also thought Gobern was better than Doughty when on. Reece Greco was unfortunately completely anonymous and I thought Furlong was poor. Also not happy with having to sit in SA road. I have watched nearly all of our humiliating defeats in Ellerslie and it just didn't feel right.
Just Back on 23:35 - Aug 25 with 5103 viewsIrishR

Also think you are very generous with some of the marks there GanjR.

What worries me is not the result (we should of won had Polter put away his chances) but the lack or hunger and desire to impress by our fringe players. If tonights showing is anything to go by we have to seriously worry about some of these players as IMO only Hall and Polter have any chance or doing something with the first team this year. Too many "tidy" passes but basically afraid to do anything adventurous. Was very dissappointed in both fullbacks, doughty, Jet, RGC. Doughty may have tidy passes at times but Paul Scholes he is not, he lacks pace and will be found out when the going gets tough i suspect.

Gorbern is shocking and how he got signed is beyond me, is there a family connection with Ramsey or ferdinand? He is probably the main reason the midfield was anonymous. Cormley poor also but came on late and wont judge too soon. looks like Smithies and Green went to the same distribution school. Please someone who knows him more give a more educated review.

I dont mind losing but these guys should be busting a gut to get in the team saturday, sadly they didnt which makes you wonder if they will ever have the balls and bottle to succeed.
Just Back on 23:59 - Aug 25 with 4992 viewsganjR

Just Back on 23:35 - Aug 25 by IrishR

Also think you are very generous with some of the marks there GanjR.

What worries me is not the result (we should of won had Polter put away his chances) but the lack or hunger and desire to impress by our fringe players. If tonights showing is anything to go by we have to seriously worry about some of these players as IMO only Hall and Polter have any chance or doing something with the first team this year. Too many "tidy" passes but basically afraid to do anything adventurous. Was very dissappointed in both fullbacks, doughty, Jet, RGC. Doughty may have tidy passes at times but Paul Scholes he is not, he lacks pace and will be found out when the going gets tough i suspect.

Gorbern is shocking and how he got signed is beyond me, is there a family connection with Ramsey or ferdinand? He is probably the main reason the midfield was anonymous. Cormley poor also but came on late and wont judge too soon. looks like Smithies and Green went to the same distribution school. Please someone who knows him more give a more educated review.

I dont mind losing but these guys should be busting a gut to get in the team saturday, sadly they didnt which makes you wonder if they will ever have the balls and bottle to succeed.

I probably was too generous, but if Polter had out his chance away in the first half and we had got awarded the stone wall penalty at the end, it may have been different.
I said to my boy (deep in the second half) that we shouldn't be sitting on the edge of our box against an average lower league side when level at home.
I saw MOTD on Saturday and they were talking about Man.U being too square with their play. We did exactly the same.
I'm not a football manager, but I would've brought on Blackwood to give us pace up front as Polter wasn't working out and through balls for him to play off the defenders shoulder would've caused more problems. Phillips too as RGC is no winger (to be fair, nor is Hoilett).
IMO, we need an experienced no.2, Gerry Francis would be ideal, especially as he is a very good defensive coach. A GK coach as we don't have one still. A new CB and see where we are with Austin, Phillips, Fer, Green and Sandro.
We need to just release Diakite or loan him out as he is on prem wages and we obviously have no intention of ever using him.
It's a work in progress, but our youngsters need loans out to get more experience, Gobern is a below average player and stupid signing. We do have Gladwin and Mackie to come back and should have enough for mid table, but tonight we should've done a lot better, although with our cup record in recent years, I'm not sure why.
Just Back on 00:08 - Aug 26 with 4944 viewsIrishR

Yeah I agree about Blackwood, would of liked to see what he could have done and it was crying out for Diakite in the middle, he should have been a starter and would have added some bite(maybe too much) to the midfield. Like you say he must not be in the plans. With Fer, Sandro, Yun and Gladwin to return we do have better depth for the league im just disappointed in some of the younger players I had higher hopes for I suppose. Ramsey should be quizzed on his tactics, unwillingness to adjust and the substitutions though. Surely someone on the coaching staff can see what the rest of us do.
Just Back on 00:43 - Aug 26 with 4845 viewsvegasranger

Sadly our coaching staff are either inexperienced Ramsay / Gallen ( youth team coaches ). Or lower league, Paul Crichton ( goal keeping coach ). Just downright garbage, Carl Serrant ( fitness coach ) who has failed to get the team fit and we always have huge problems with hamstring injury's.
Just Back on 00:53 - Aug 26 with 4825 viewsFearless

Just Back on 22:38 - Aug 25 by makaveli1882

My match report - shiiiittt caants

League cup and fa cup should be free for all the idiots like me who turn up

Wasn't there tonight..

JET = mouseheart II ?

😃
Just Back on 00:57 - Aug 26 with 4806 viewsessextaxiboy

Just Back on 00:43 - Aug 26 by vegasranger

Sadly our coaching staff are either inexperienced Ramsay / Gallen ( youth team coaches ). Or lower league, Paul Crichton ( goal keeping coach ). Just downright garbage, Carl Serrant ( fitness coach ) who has failed to get the team fit and we always have huge problems with hamstring injury's.

How do you know they are garbage? downright or any other sort ?

Apart from Barton and Mutch I cant remember any hamstring injurys last season ? I have missed loads if the problem is huge .
Just Back on 01:07 - Aug 26 with 4777 viewsMatch82

Only listened to the game on the comms, but sounded like we had more of the good chances and seemed in control?

Based on a lot of the posts though it sounds like the performance was down there with the west ham game last year.

Disappointing result obviously, but just curious if we had scored the winner instead of them, would we be saying this was a terrible performance? Just trying to gauge from those who went if it was the performance was that bad, or if feelings are being coloured by the end result...
Just Back on 01:22 - Aug 26 with 4746 viewsvegasranger

My opinion is Serrant is complete garbage. The team is never fit, even half way through last season we weren't fit. Nedum had problems with his hamstring last season. As did Clint Hill.
Just Back on 08:37 - Aug 26 with 4294 viewstimcocking

Just Back on 22:20 - Aug 25 by Vish

Agree with most of that.

We didn't have enough from our central midfielders today. Doughty was tidy, I didn't think he got enough help from Gobern who had a poor game.

Hoillet and Polter should have put us ahead. Carlisle didn't offer much in the second half but put their second goal away nicely.

Our squad simply isn't good enough. Thought the subs were late and wrong options as well at the time.

I think our first team squad looks pretty damned good for championship. If we actually keep it that is.
Just Back on 08:58 - Aug 26 with 4253 viewsbosh67

Thanks for the report. I didn't go but thought with Blackwood on the bench why not give the lad a chance? I've seen him 3 times in the development team. He's 23 and bangs them in for fun. Yet can't get any proper game time.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Just Back on 09:53 - Aug 26 with 4116 viewsadhoc_qpr

Just Back on 08:58 - Aug 26 by bosh67

Thanks for the report. I didn't go but thought with Blackwood on the bench why not give the lad a chance? I've seen him 3 times in the development team. He's 23 and bangs them in for fun. Yet can't get any proper game time.

I know you've been championing Blackwood, but did you see him versus Yeovil?

Never a professional footballer in a million years!

I don't think last night is shocking really, we know that the players behind our first team aren't good enough. They are either kids unlikely to make the grade, remaining cash limpets like Hoillett and low quality squad filler like Gobern and JET.

Poulter is the only big negative from last night for me, we need him to be more first team ready than that given our lack of options once Austin goes. Let's hope it was just a result of him playing in such a poor team.
Just Back on 10:10 - Aug 26 with 4069 viewsTacticalR

Just Back on 23:25 - Aug 25 by oldmeadoniansR

Just back also and disagree with evaluation of JET. I thought he was easily our best player. Linked well. Always looked for the forward pass and crucially was one of our few players willing and able to take a player on. Also thought Gobern was better than Doughty when on. Reece Greco was unfortunately completely anonymous and I thought Furlong was poor. Also not happy with having to sit in SA road. I have watched nearly all of our humiliating defeats in Ellerslie and it just didn't feel right.

Surely it is the right of every freeborn Englishman to watch a humiliating defeat from the seat of his choice? Did Magna Carta die in vain?

Air hostess clique

Just Back on 10:11 - Aug 26 with 4066 viewsJamie

Just Back on 08:58 - Aug 26 by bosh67

In reality Bosh, he played 4 years of College soccer and MLS didn't feel he was even amongst the 75 best players worth inviting to their pre-draft training combine and no MLS team even bothered taking a flier on a short term trial at their pre-season training camps.

Ramsey said the other day that in as many words, he's a lovely lad, he trains hard and they've given him a short term expenses deal and will see if they can sort out a lower league loan deal somewhere for him to find out if he can play pro football.
Just Back on 11:32 - Aug 26 with 3918 viewsganjR

Just Back on 10:11 - Aug 26 by Jamie

In reality Bosh, he played 4 years of College soccer and MLS didn't feel he was even amongst the 75 best players worth inviting to their pre-draft training combine and no MLS team even bothered taking a flier on a short term trial at their pre-season training camps.

Ramsey said the other day that in as many words, he's a lovely lad, he trains hard and they've given him a short term expenses deal and will see if they can sort out a lower league loan deal somewhere for him to find out if he can play pro football.

He came here on trial and scored for fun.
He is here very cheaply and has a good attitude, he also excelled at college level so it was a no brainer to sign him, if we hadn't, there would've been outrage, remember Wanchope?
I agree that he should get a loan, so he can get first team pro football.
I think, though, that Furlong, Kpekawa, RGC, Comley, Lumley etc. also need short (long, in the case of RGC, Comley, Lumley) loans too. We would be taking a risk by loaning the full backs out though.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024