Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
2012 the man City last game of the season 12:53 - Aug 30 with 4000 viewsmerseyhoop

I was at a family party last night where I was introduced to a United fan, immediately he went on about that last game of the 2012 season when we survived and City clinched the title - the guy reckoned we laid down and died to give City the title. I got cheesed of with this comment and gave him a few barrels back. For a couple of reasons as I was at that game and watched for 90 minutes how we held our own, took the lead and fought for our lives to stay in the league, plus the fact we were down to 10 men due to Barton losing his head.

Personally I do not think we gave in at the end, City had us camped in our half the whole of the second half with attack after attack and with our notorious fragile defence it was amazing how we nearly held out. To be honest made up City won that day and we managed to stay up. For United it was pay back time for that game in 96 when we were 1 0 and some how 8 minutes of fergie extra time was conjured up until Cantona scored. That game played a big part in our relegation - that's Karma.

U Rsssssssss
2012 the man City last game of the season on 12:59 - Aug 30 with 3959 viewsTonto

I always thought the players got distracted for the third goal. We had heard Bolton had lost, so we're jumping up and down. The bench seemed to shout across to the players on the right side of the pitch, but those on the left didn't hear so we're asking what was going on. The result was a loss of concentration which allowed them to score the third...

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

2012 the man City last game of the season on 13:03 - Aug 30 with 3948 viewsToast_R

Yeah we threw it and good f@cking job too. For me it was payback for that cheating c@nt Ashley Young in the game at theirs.
2012 the man City last game of the season on 13:03 - Aug 30 with 3922 viewsDWQPR

i was at that game and will openly admit that once I knew we were safe, when Agraro scored I like many R's supporters celebrated as wildly as any Man City fan as we knew what it meant for Manure. And I have told every Manure supporter I have met since if the subject came up. Shuts them up big time.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

2012 the man City last game of the season on 13:15 - Aug 30 with 3875 viewsisawqpratwcity

Like Hughes could ever be involved with A Cunning Plan like that supposed one.

Once we were safe, nobody gave a toss what the score was, and yes, City sucker punched us because of it.

So ManUre supporters swear we deliberately threw the game? (And they do.) That's like throwing an accordion into the tip, and it hits a banjo. Just good luck.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

2012 the man City last game of the season on 13:23 - Aug 30 with 3834 viewsJigsore

sore losers. They should have tried not losing 1-0 to Wigan and drawing 4-4 with Everton in the run up

of course the players didn't do it on purpose but I have to say it was f*cking great watching those plastics crying into their nani pillowcases

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

2012 the man City last game of the season on 13:44 - Aug 30 with 3788 viewsHayesender

Clint Hill certainly didn't know we were safe.

Watch his reaction when they score the 3rd goal

Poll: Shamima Beghum

2012 the man City last game of the season on 13:48 - Aug 30 with 3761 viewsWilloW4

2012 the man City last game of the season on 13:44 - Aug 30 by Hayesender

Clint Hill certainly didn't know we were safe.

Watch his reaction when they score the 3rd goal

Agree Hayesender.. But Clinton looks suitably peeved off every time we let a goal in, as should all the other players.
2012 the man City last game of the season on 14:35 - Aug 30 with 3672 viewsPommyhoop

The kid is a f'cking legend in this clip

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Login to get fewer ads

2012 the man City last game of the season on 14:46 - Aug 30 with 3630 viewsMedwayR

I can't imagine how good it felt to be a city fan that day, to win the title at the death and snatch it from your city rivals at the same time, after years of Utd winning titles while they were in Lge 1, City will win more titles & trophies but that feeling will never be matched.

As for us, we didn't throw the match but I'm glad it ended the way it did.

Poll: Who’s better?

2012 the man City last game of the season on 14:55 - Aug 30 with 3595 viewsTheBlob

I Just do a "Jesus" on them.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

2012 the man City last game of the season on 14:56 - Aug 30 with 3591 viewsHollowayRanger

we have been a bit spoilt really these last few years with truly unforgettable QPR games some won home+ away chelski home Liverpool away city and zamorras derby

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

2012 the man City last game of the season on 16:15 - Aug 30 with 3455 viewsstowmarketrange

2012 the man City last game of the season on 14:46 - Aug 30 by MedwayR

I can't imagine how good it felt to be a city fan that day, to win the title at the death and snatch it from your city rivals at the same time, after years of Utd winning titles while they were in Lge 1, City will win more titles & trophies but that feeling will never be matched.

As for us, we didn't throw the match but I'm glad it ended the way it did.

I think it was also the perfect result for the safety of our fans too.
I wasn't there,but my brother said that the city Werent too pleasant when it was 2-2,and there was the potential for major trouble for anyone leaving the ground.Instead it was party time and handshakes all round.
2012 the man City last game of the season on 17:13 - Aug 30 with 3357 viewsDanVanDyke

Totally! At 2-1 I turned to the guy next to me who was wearing the 82 cup final tracksuit top and said you might have to lose that mate. He replied that he couldn't do anything about the badge tattooed on his leg!

Would have been carnage as we had responded to their goading about Notlob being 1 up, with some of our own. In the end all was good. I think Neil did a nice piece afterwards that suggested the players were sucked towards the bench celebrating staying up that resulted in their 3rd.

In a strange way, although I celebrated their winner cos of what it meant for Manure I hate seeing that goal replayed and wished we'd held on now. That moment has been too Skyified for me now!
2012 the man City last game of the season on 17:17 - Aug 30 with 3346 viewsHayesender

2012 the man City last game of the season on 16:15 - Aug 30 by stowmarketrange

I think it was also the perfect result for the safety of our fans too.
I wasn't there,but my brother said that the city Werent too pleasant when it was 2-2,and there was the potential for major trouble for anyone leaving the ground.Instead it was party time and handshakes all round.

I'll never forget standing with all the man city fans flicking v signs etc at our own fans coaches after the Jamie Pollock game, just trying to blend in and not get a kicking

Poll: Shamima Beghum

2012 the man City last game of the season on 17:50 - Aug 30 with 3266 viewspaulparker

According to Sky there was only one team playing that day
Watch the adverts with old blue eyes singing "that's life"
Football guru max rushden ( if there was ever a dull cant) said it was just City
Well fcuk Sky
We had to go there and fight for our lives , which we did
I just wish cisse had scored the last minute now
Cisssseeeeeeeeeee

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024