Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mixed Emotions bonus Friday Music thread 07:48 - Sep 18 with 4239 viewsizlingtonhoop

Apologies to FDC, but let's work alongside.

After the A level thread a few weeks ago, many of us will be hitting the motorway this weekend to proudly watch our first born (in my case - but of course younger sprogs too) fly the nest and enter the world of Academia. Utter pride, but a tear or two of yearning for a lost littlun.

Mixed Emotions bonus Friday Music thread on 07:56 - Sep 18 with 4234 viewsbarabajagal

I get very mixed emotions watching this. On so many levels (after the bloke stops narrating).

I'm sure Ian would have been very happy, but you could never tell with him!

Give it 1.50 first

Mixed Emotions bonus Friday Music thread on 08:15 - Sep 18 with 4220 viewsscot1963

[Post edited 18 Sep 2015 8:35]
Mixed Emotions bonus Friday Music thread on 08:18 - Sep 18 with 4217 viewsElHoop

Mixed Emotions bonus Friday Music thread on 08:23 - Sep 18 with 4214 viewsscot1963

Mixed Emotions bonus Friday Music thread on 08:42 - Sep 18 with 4196 viewsizlingtonhoop

And it's apt, and he's off to University of Sheffield:

Mixed Emotions bonus Friday Music thread on 08:48 - Sep 18 with 4191 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Mixed Emotions bonus Friday Music thread on 08:51 - Sep 18 with 4188 viewsaston_hoop

My parents all summer before I left for Uni!

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Mixed Emotions bonus Friday Music thread on 09:29 - Sep 18 with 4166 viewsDiscodroids

[Post edited 18 Sep 2015 9:32]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Login to get fewer ads

Mixed Emotions bonus Friday Music thread on 09:38 - Sep 18 with 4159 viewsTheBlob

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Mixed Emotions bonus Friday Music thread on 09:47 - Sep 18 with 4149 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I am in the same boat. My lad is off to Southampton to study Physics. Not exactly renowned for musicians that I can find.

Apart from him:-

Mixed Emotions bonus Friday Music thread on 09:47 - Sep 18 with 4149 viewsEastR

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Mixed Emotions bonus Friday Music thread on 10:11 - Sep 18 with 4132 viewsPunteR

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Mixed Emotions bonus Friday Music thread on 10:59 - Sep 18 with 4114 viewsisawqpratwcity

Mine have long since flown the coop.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Mixed Emotions bonus Friday Music thread on 10:59 - Sep 18 with 4114 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Mixed Emotions bonus Friday Music thread on 09:29 - Sep 18 by Discodroids

[Post edited 18 Sep 2015 9:32]

Used to love Joe Jackson mate

Mixed Emotions bonus Friday Music thread on 12:49 - Sep 18 with 4091 viewsade_qpr

If a turtle doesn't have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

Mixed Emotions bonus Friday Music thread on 12:56 - Sep 18 with 4085 viewsLancashirehoop

Time to dumb this down a bit

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean we're not all against you.

Mixed Emotions bonus Friday Music thread on 12:57 - Sep 18 with 4085 viewsFredManRave

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Mixed Emotions bonus Friday Music thread on 13:13 - Sep 18 with 4074 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Mixed Emotions bonus Friday Music thread on 13:18 - Sep 18 with 4069 viewsade_qpr

Mixed Emotions bonus Friday Music thread on 13:13 - Sep 18 by Metallica_Hoop

She's not quite a Viking but close

If a turtle doesn't have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

Mixed Emotions bonus Friday Music thread on 13:19 - Sep 18 with 4068 viewsTacticalR

@izlingtonhoop 'Apologies to FDC, but let's work alongside.'

The criteria on FDC's music threads are very rigorous. They're known for their rigour.

Flower by April and May (1972)

Air hostess clique

Mixed Emotions bonus Friday Music thread on 13:29 - Sep 18 with 4059 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Mixed Emotions bonus Friday Music thread on 13:18 - Sep 18 by ade_qpr

She's not quite a Viking but close

When I saw them at the Underworld Camden with some friends, we went to the World's end first and twice when I popped out for a roll-up separate girls asked me if i was in the band

Mixed Emotions bonus Friday Music thread on 14:11 - Sep 18 with 4035 viewsisawqpratwcity

Mixed Emotions bonus Friday Music thread on 12:56 - Sep 18 by Lancashirehoop

Time to dumb this down a bit

A cover of the original aussie song (chose this one for the lyrics display).

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Mixed Emotions bonus Friday Music thread on 14:12 - Sep 18 with 4032 viewsrobith

This is more personal. I went off to uni in 2002, though I stayed in London, I moved out of home for the first couple of years. All your friends going away, my missus ditched me cos she was going to Newcastle and in fairness to her never came back so she was probably right. My dad also got sky which meant I had MTV2 and these three were on repeat all the time. They're not even particularly good songs, but they just always remind me of that period of my life and make me feel happy and sad in equal measure

Mixed Emotions bonus Friday Music thread on 15:08 - Sep 18 with 4002 viewsizlingtonhoop

Mixed Emotions bonus Friday Music thread on 14:12 - Sep 18 by robith

This is more personal. I went off to uni in 2002, though I stayed in London, I moved out of home for the first couple of years. All your friends going away, my missus ditched me cos she was going to Newcastle and in fairness to her never came back so she was probably right. My dad also got sky which meant I had MTV2 and these three were on repeat all the time. They're not even particularly good songs, but they just always remind me of that period of my life and make me feel happy and sad in equal measure

Fits nicely for me cos son #2 informed me yesterday he had to learn one of the guitar parts for. Someday for his mates' band. I wonder how far he goes in three year's time, as he's a season ticket holder he says he doesn't want to leave London (like yourself).

He also told me he has to learn the bass part for this:

as he rightly says, not too difficult.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024