Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Spectre 08:36 - Oct 27 with 8506 viewsDrewster

Saw the latest Bond outing last night on opening day.
It's a cracker, great locations, complicated storyline, great one liners, and Craig again delivers a great performance.
Long film though, nearly 2 and half hours.
Go watch it, be interested in others opinions.

Oh and why can't people turn their phones off for 2 hours and not have the need to check texts during a movie...
Spectre on 09:10 - Oct 27 with 6053 viewsozexile

I read the guardian review and the guy loved it. Although comments from others weren't so complimentary. Most hated it.
Spectre on 09:16 - Oct 27 with 6036 viewssimmo

Just booked tickets for Thursday night, will report back...

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Spectre on 09:17 - Oct 27 with 6032 viewsMvpeter

Daniel Craig and his Heineken drinking Ford Fiesta driving scowling character have yet to be Bond in my eyes. Bond needs that Connelly or Brosnan twinkle in his eye.
[Post edited 27 Oct 2015 10:11]

Poll: Who should be our left back?

Spectre on 09:33 - Oct 27 with 5997 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I have a mate who works for the Broccoli family and thus, the lucky bugger gets to go to the premiers and you know, the odd call to go on set to appear as an extra or, Salma Hayek filming nearby pops in to his office for a ciggie. Some people have all the f....g luck eh?

Unashamedly love the Bond franchise, but it somewhat lost its way with Moore and Dalton playing the role and even with Brosnan, I tended to think 'good but he's no Connery!' Craig has given the role a much needed shot in the arm and Mendes' direction for the last two movies has also moved it on. However, I do wonder to what extent, the improvement in the Bond movies is down to the 'Bourne' effect?

Now, as iconic as Connery was and brilliant as Craig has been, my fave Bond movie remains OHMSS with George Lazenby. Seemingly, he was an arrogant so-and-so who, having decided not to continue playing Bond, wasn't pursued by the Broccolis to change his mind. Something I believe they are most definitely doing to ensure Mr. Craig remains in post.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Spectre on 09:38 - Oct 27 with 5985 viewsPommyhoop

Spectre on 09:33 - Oct 27 by PlanetHonneywood

I have a mate who works for the Broccoli family and thus, the lucky bugger gets to go to the premiers and you know, the odd call to go on set to appear as an extra or, Salma Hayek filming nearby pops in to his office for a ciggie. Some people have all the f....g luck eh?

Unashamedly love the Bond franchise, but it somewhat lost its way with Moore and Dalton playing the role and even with Brosnan, I tended to think 'good but he's no Connery!' Craig has given the role a much needed shot in the arm and Mendes' direction for the last two movies has also moved it on. However, I do wonder to what extent, the improvement in the Bond movies is down to the 'Bourne' effect?

Now, as iconic as Connery was and brilliant as Craig has been, my fave Bond movie remains OHMSS with George Lazenby. Seemingly, he was an arrogant so-and-so who, having decided not to continue playing Bond, wasn't pursued by the Broccolis to change his mind. Something I believe they are most definitely doing to ensure Mr. Craig remains in post.

Is your mate's name John and is he a Millwall fan?

Serious question...

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Spectre on 09:45 - Oct 27 with 5976 viewsdaveB

Spectre on 09:10 - Oct 27 by ozexile

I read the guardian review and the guy loved it. Although comments from others weren't so complimentary. Most hated it.

most comments will be from lunatics who haven't seen the film and just want to moan about something
Spectre on 09:49 - Oct 27 with 5956 viewsozexile

Spectre on 09:45 - Oct 27 by daveB

most comments will be from lunatics who haven't seen the film and just want to moan about something

I can't wait to see it. It wont put me off.
Spectre on 09:52 - Oct 27 with 5951 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Spectre on 09:38 - Oct 27 by Pommyhoop

Is your mate's name John and is he a Millwall fan?

Serious question...

A serious question deserves a serious answer...and that would be yes!

Was it the 'being called on set' or the reference to being in the presence of the Mexican Goddess that gave it away?

How spooky.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!

Login to get fewer ads

Spectre on 09:57 - Oct 27 with 5941 viewsPommyhoop

Spectre on 09:52 - Oct 27 by PlanetHonneywood

A serious question deserves a serious answer...and that would be yes!

Was it the 'being called on set' or the reference to being in the presence of the Mexican Goddess that gave it away?

How spooky.

LOL no If it's the same fella which I think it is ( married to Victoria right?) he used to drink at one of my locals on and off mainly because of Victoria. And I remember he worked for Broccoli and even had his name on some of the film credits.
We knew him as Millwall John. Lovely fella..
Say Leon ( Lisa's brother ) sais hello..

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Spectre on 10:04 - Oct 27 with 5922 viewsstevec

It's no Mission Impossible.

Worth seeing and the two and a half hours don't drag. Something about Bond films though, they are good but never great.
Spectre on 10:47 - Oct 27 with 5836 viewsbosh67

Spectre on 09:17 - Oct 27 by Mvpeter

Daniel Craig and his Heineken drinking Ford Fiesta driving scowling character have yet to be Bond in my eyes. Bond needs that Connelly or Brosnan twinkle in his eye.
[Post edited 27 Oct 2015 10:11]

And yet if you read the books Craig is the closest to the character Flemming wrote.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Spectre on 11:42 - Oct 27 with 5788 viewsMatch82

We should direct them to this board...
Spectre on 13:39 - Oct 27 with 5680 viewsWanderR

Saw it in IMAX last night.

Without giving too much away it feels like a 'Greatest Hits' Bond compilation with lots of nods to the previous films. The Bond girls, the cars, exotic locations and natty outfits are all present and correct. Also, vitally, it has regained its sense of humour which has been missing from the Craig era. There is some great stunt work, particularly the pre-credits sequence. It's beautifully shot - the sequences in Rome which introduce the villains are particularly well done, operating literally from the shadows.

On the negative it is somewhat overwritten (four credited screenwriters) and tries to retcon all the Craig films into another overarching origin story/conspiracy which doesn't really work. The plot also starts to feel a bit like an episode of 'Spooks' towards the end as the whole team - M, Q, Moneypenny and Tanner - get involved. The age difference between Craig and his leading ladies is starting to show - it's getting to resemble the late Moore era in that regard - and the romance doesn't feel plausible.

Unlike Skyfall the ending hints this will be Craig's last Bond film. Personally I think this is a good point on which to end and allow Henry Cavill to pick up the Walther PPK and keys to the Aston Martin.

Current location: OX10

Spectre on 13:48 - Oct 27 with 5667 viewsrobith

Good piece on the Economist with some Bond graphs

http://www.economist.com/blogs/graphicdetail/2015/10/daily-chart-13?fsrc=scn/tw/

Interesting graph there contrasting IMDB rating versus box office takings - Craig and Connery the clear winners on both measures. Craig has been inadvertedly helped by Eon's money problems meaning he's been able to do fewer, better films. Brosnan got the franchise back on track with solid box office performance, but his films weren't great
Spectre on 13:51 - Oct 27 with 5661 viewsA40Bosh

Spectre on 13:39 - Oct 27 by WanderR

Saw it in IMAX last night.

Without giving too much away it feels like a 'Greatest Hits' Bond compilation with lots of nods to the previous films. The Bond girls, the cars, exotic locations and natty outfits are all present and correct. Also, vitally, it has regained its sense of humour which has been missing from the Craig era. There is some great stunt work, particularly the pre-credits sequence. It's beautifully shot - the sequences in Rome which introduce the villains are particularly well done, operating literally from the shadows.

On the negative it is somewhat overwritten (four credited screenwriters) and tries to retcon all the Craig films into another overarching origin story/conspiracy which doesn't really work. The plot also starts to feel a bit like an episode of 'Spooks' towards the end as the whole team - M, Q, Moneypenny and Tanner - get involved. The age difference between Craig and his leading ladies is starting to show - it's getting to resemble the late Moore era in that regard - and the romance doesn't feel plausible.

Unlike Skyfall the ending hints this will be Craig's last Bond film. Personally I think this is a good point on which to end and allow Henry Cavill to pick up the Walther PPK and keys to the Aston Martin.

I would go along with a lot of what WanderR says - although I am prepared to be more forgiving on the negatives WanderR points out. For me I prefer the Bond without the humour and prefer the darker, more cerebral grown up films that came post Bourne Trilogy.

A lot to like about that film and strangely enough it was the first time me and the Mrs went to an IMAX showing - which is definitely worth it as it really does make a difference to the experience.

8/10 and I reckon Craig has one more in him.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Spectre on 14:00 - Oct 27 with 5634 viewsknocker

Well dear old Joey Barton thought is was crap.
Spectre on 14:20 - Oct 27 with 5612 viewsHayesender

Spectre on 14:00 - Oct 27 by knocker

Oh well, looks like I'd better get a refund on my tickets then

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Spectre on 14:57 - Oct 27 with 5572 viewsToast_R

When I was a kid my older brother had me believe 007's name was James Bomb.
Made perfect sense to me as he was always blowing sh*t up.
Spectre on 15:15 - Oct 27 with 5556 viewsDorse

The big question for me is what the female characters will be named. I expect the franchise who gave us Pussy Galore, Plenty O'Toole and Miss Goodnight to come up with more than just Barbara Henderson or Geraldine Simmons.

'And who might you be?'
'Agent 69, code name Carpenters' Dream'.
'I see. And why might that be?'
'Because I'm flat as a board and easy to screw'.

(At this, Bond goes off in his pants and limps off muttering something about this never happening before...)

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Spectre on 15:25 - Oct 27 with 5543 viewsHantsR

I've got tickets for me and Mrs Hants in the back row 'courting seats' on Saturday. I know already she will moan.
Spectre on 18:03 - Oct 27 with 5403 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Spectre on 14:00 - Oct 27 by knocker

There could be two reasons for this. Firstly, he was offended because he wasn't mentioned or secondly, now that he resides in some provincial northern khasi, they're only up to Never Say, Never Again!

Spectre on 18:14 - Oct 27 with 5383 viewsBlackCrowe

I say steady on old boy...don't need to know about your prowess.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Spectre on 18:20 - Oct 27 with 5377 viewsDrewster

Spectre on 13:51 - Oct 27 by A40Bosh

I would go along with a lot of what WanderR says - although I am prepared to be more forgiving on the negatives WanderR points out. For me I prefer the Bond without the humour and prefer the darker, more cerebral grown up films that came post Bourne Trilogy.

A lot to like about that film and strangely enough it was the first time me and the Mrs went to an IMAX showing - which is definitely worth it as it really does make a difference to the experience.

8/10 and I reckon Craig has one more in him.

Yeah, I reckon he has one more left in him. I hope so.
That said he has suffered from loads of injuries from doing his 4 films.
He may want to call it a day, bookies will be creaming themselves now as to what happens next.
Spectre on 18:24 - Oct 27 with 5371 viewsFredManRave

Spectre on 15:25 - Oct 27 by HantsR

I've got tickets for me and Mrs Hants in the back row 'courting seats' on Saturday. I know already she will moan.

There's really no need to be so brazen about it.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Spectre on 19:13 - Oct 27 with 5327 viewsEastR

Spectre on 15:25 - Oct 27 by HantsR

That's just showing off

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024