Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Number 10 14:04 - Oct 31 with 1696 viewsmcqpr10

I like Luongo. I think he we will be a real asset, but he's never looked comfortable as a number 10. Surely he could play centre mid next to henry/Sandro.

Also, cherry was completely ineffective out wide. Doesn't offer much defensive support either. He would be more suited to the number 10 role which i thought he looked good in agaisnt Charlton away at the start of the season.

Maybe 442 is the way forward. For those who say this Is not a formation that brings success anymore I would point to Burnley destroying the league with a front two of ings and vokes.
Number 10 on 17:10 - Oct 31 with 1628 viewsWestbourneR

IMO this is absolutely bang on. No way is Luongo a schemer - passing is on of his weakest assets, especially creatively. He's a great ball winner with a brilliant engine, he should be in centre mid playing box to box.

Chery tucks into the creative role.

But Ramsey is too thick to see it

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Number 10 on 17:58 - Oct 31 with 1593 viewsWatford_Ranger

If we play 442 there is no 'number 10' unless you're suggesting playing him in the middle in a 442 which strikes me as suicide.

Doughty isn't the most gifted player in the squad but he does all the jobs of a midfielder at least fairly well.
Number 10 on 18:12 - Oct 31 with 1572 viewsbaz_qpr

For me Luongo is too weak to play centre mid in a defensive 2 probably suits being in a three or as the midfielder tucking in from wide
Number 10 on 18:23 - Oct 31 with 1557 viewsWatford_Ranger

I don't think both midfielders need to be huge units. Plenty of good players in that position even in this division are small. If Sandro could grace us with his presence for more than two games in a row it would be the best balance with Luongo IMO. Given that won't happen, I'd rather throw Doughty in than either Henry or Toszer.
Number 10 on 21:46 - Oct 31 with 1465 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Number 10 on 18:23 - Oct 31 by Watford_Ranger

I don't think both midfielders need to be huge units. Plenty of good players in that position even in this division are small. If Sandro could grace us with his presence for more than two games in a row it would be the best balance with Luongo IMO. Given that won't happen, I'd rather throw Doughty in than either Henry or Toszer.

Agreed. Keano wasn't the biggest or most technically gifted but, boy, what a midfield player he was.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024