Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Best thing Clive has ever written 13:21 - Nov 5 with 6353 viewsPinnerPaul

OK, I exaggerate - play off final match report was brilliant but this IS spot on

QPR are a midtable Championship side. They beat the teams at the bottom, they lose to the teams at the top, and they draw with the ones in the middle with them. Sack Ramsey if you think it’s his fault that this is only a midtable side, but don’t expect it to change. QPR are not one recalled midfielder from Swindon or one youth team right back or one less Karl Henry or one more Yun Suk Young or a change in formation away from turning this all around — there’s in fact nothing to turn around, this team is what it is. The effort levels are there, there have been no capitulations which are usually the hallmark of a team throwing its manager under the bus, so any new manager coming in will struggle to get that extra 10% that usually sparks a ‘new manager bounce’. Chris Ramsey isn’t holding this all back massively, because there isn’t anything to hold back
Best thing Clive has ever written on 13:30 - Nov 5 with 4571 viewsDiscodroids

Off the top of my head , There were abject capitulations at Man city, leicester, Palace and Fulham, two of those were a stain on the clubs soul given the circumstances we were in at the time, and Ramsey was in charge.

Given that the club Are in the position where they can spend 1.5 million on a Reserve goalkeeper to watch red tube on his mobile phone every saturday afternoon on the bench, Ramsey Was at a club considerably better resourced than most in this league.

No one is suggesting Furlong or Gladwins Return will spark a 2001 space odyssey Primate- with- a femur bone- in- his - hand moment in time, but fk me it would be a start.
[Post edited 5 Nov 2015 13:31]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Best thing Clive has ever written on 13:31 - Nov 5 with 4572 viewswestolian

I was only just thinking about Clive's "piece" (oo-er) whilst reading the postings on the forum today.

I think this should be "stickied" to the very top and kept there forever !

I've found a team sheet for the weekend - anyone interested ?

Best thing Clive has ever written on 13:57 - Nov 5 with 4415 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

Sounds like sour grapes from the Ramsey Supporters' Club. Not to be confused with the Royal Shakespeare Company, who couldn't give a flying monkeys' arse-crack about Ramsey. Which, incidentally, is how most QPR supporters feel too.
Best thing Clive has ever written on 14:03 - Nov 5 with 4378 viewsNorthernr

Best thing Clive has ever written on 13:57 - Nov 5 by Hoop_Du_Jour

Sounds like sour grapes from the Ramsey Supporters' Club. Not to be confused with the Royal Shakespeare Company, who couldn't give a flying monkeys' arse-crack about Ramsey. Which, incidentally, is how most QPR supporters feel too.

Well it was written before he was sacked so I'm not sure how it's sour grapes.

Come back to me in 18 months if I'm wrong. I suspect we'll not be far away from where we are now and probably another two managers down.
Best thing Clive has ever written on 14:04 - Nov 5 with 4370 viewsdanehoop

Best thing Clive has ever written on 14:03 - Nov 5 by Northernr

Well it was written before he was sacked so I'm not sure how it's sour grapes.

Come back to me in 18 months if I'm wrong. I suspect we'll not be far away from where we are now and probably another two managers down.

Chris 😀

Never knowingly understood

Best thing Clive has ever written on 14:06 - Nov 5 with 4361 viewsNorthernr

Best thing Clive has ever written on 13:30 - Nov 5 by Discodroids

Off the top of my head , There were abject capitulations at Man city, leicester, Palace and Fulham, two of those were a stain on the clubs soul given the circumstances we were in at the time, and Ramsey was in charge.

Given that the club Are in the position where they can spend 1.5 million on a Reserve goalkeeper to watch red tube on his mobile phone every saturday afternoon on the bench, Ramsey Was at a club considerably better resourced than most in this league.

No one is suggesting Furlong or Gladwins Return will spark a 2001 space odyssey Primate- with- a femur bone- in- his - hand moment in time, but fk me it would be a start.

On the capitulations Disco, I meant the last couple of games. If they weren't playing for him I'd have expected a two or three nil at Brentford and an absolute bumming at Derby on Tuesday. Didn't happen, could easily have won both games. Not a sign the team has given up on the manager, or has a great deal else to give.
Best thing Clive has ever written on 14:09 - Nov 5 with 4343 viewslionboy

play players only in their correct position, risking young players there, if needs be,dare to drop players who are clearly not playing well and this squad is better than mid-table. Ramsey, who has patently not been doing this has therefore been holding the team back.
Best thing Clive has ever written on 14:16 - Nov 5 with 4311 viewsMedwayR

I don't think a player or two will change our season much, but I think a decent manager could change our season dramatically. A decent manager can make a huge impact, look at Birmingham under Rowett, us under Warnock the first time around, the run Sunderland went on under Keane, there are many examples and if we get the right man in I believe we can get top 6 which we definitely wouldn't have got under Ramsey.

My concern is whether we'll right man in...personally I'd be very tempted to just give it to Warnock until the end of the season then see where we are, we could do a lot worse than Warnock.

Poll: Who’s better?

Login to get fewer ads

Best thing Clive has ever written on 14:17 - Nov 5 with 4307 viewsjohnhoop

You know Disco, I'm very much of the same opinion as you, that Ramsey's time was more than up on the evidence of the non-football we'd been obliged to sit through for nearly all of his time in charge. But when I saw the news this morning I didn't feel that pleased simply because I knew what would happen on this board that I like so much. That Ramsey would instantly become a martyr, elevated to sainthood status, after being sacrificed on the altar of the evil Uncle Tony.
And. lo and behold, that's precisely what's happened. I'd rather he'd been given until the New Year to conclusively prove his incompetence and then maybe LFW would have been less like a Ramsey mausoleum this morning.
Best thing Clive has ever written on 14:28 - Nov 5 with 4234 viewslionboy

no the team as picked for the Brentford and Derby games hasn't got much more to give. But pick a different team and with just a little basic management - basic motivation - basic organisation, and we could do a whole lot better.
Best thing Clive has ever written on 14:28 - Nov 5 with 4228 viewsqprxtc

Preston 5 QPR 0
Wimbledon 5 QPR 0
Vuaxhall Motors
Fulham 6 QPR 0
Chelsea 6 QPR 1
Scunthorpe 4 QPR1
All of 2000/01

I remember a 1-0 win at home over Bradford live on Sky in about 1997 that was one of the worst games i've ever seen.

These were also stains on the soul of our club. And nothing to do with Ramsey.
Best thing Clive has ever written on 14:31 - Nov 5 with 4204 viewsbaz_qpr

I actually disagree with Clive on this, we could quite easily with the right organisation / management be 3 decent loan players (centreback, centre mid, right back) away from being a top 4 team
Best thing Clive has ever written on 14:37 - Nov 5 with 4154 viewsNW10Hoop

Yup, that bit from the match report does pretty much nail it. In the short term, I think we could well see a bounce from Neil Warnock - which is quite timely if you look at the next 6-8 matches..... but Chris Ramsey was not massively under achieving. Some of the performances were uninspiring to watch, but Fulham apart no one has thrashed us this season.

I didn't see the Derby game, but beforehand everyone was predicting an absolute mauling. If we had got the penalty, it would have been a great result.
Best thing Clive has ever written on 14:38 - Nov 5 with 4147 viewsDiscodroids

Best thing Clive has ever written on 14:17 - Nov 5 by johnhoop

You know Disco, I'm very much of the same opinion as you, that Ramsey's time was more than up on the evidence of the non-football we'd been obliged to sit through for nearly all of his time in charge. But when I saw the news this morning I didn't feel that pleased simply because I knew what would happen on this board that I like so much. That Ramsey would instantly become a martyr, elevated to sainthood status, after being sacrificed on the altar of the evil Uncle Tony.
And. lo and behold, that's precisely what's happened. I'd rather he'd been given until the New Year to conclusively prove his incompetence and then maybe LFW would have been less like a Ramsey mausoleum this morning.

Fair point Mate... after an initial Rush of euphoria this morning when i found out of Ramsey's departure, i've plummeted a bit .Who among us can have any faith in the boardroom to make the Right appointment .

Ive got visions Of Fernandes and Les In the' Deer Hunter' playing Russian Roulette To select the next Manager.

di di Mau.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Best thing Clive has ever written on 14:38 - Nov 5 with 4152 viewsAntti_Heinola

Best thing Clive has ever written on 14:31 - Nov 5 by baz_qpr

I actually disagree with Clive on this, we could quite easily with the right organisation / management be 3 decent loan players (centreback, centre mid, right back) away from being a top 4 team

more blood.

Bare bones.

Best thing Clive has ever written on 14:38 - Nov 5 with 4149 viewsPunteR

More blood

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Best thing Clive has ever written on 14:39 - Nov 5 with 4147 viewsNorthernr

You're actually agreeing with me there - the team is three players short.
Best thing Clive has ever written on 14:40 - Nov 5 with 4137 viewsbaz_qpr

Best thing Clive has ever written on 14:39 - Nov 5 by Northernr

OK fair dos
Best thing Clive has ever written on 14:45 - Nov 5 with 4097 viewsDiscodroids

Best thing Clive has ever written on 14:28 - Nov 5 by qprxtc

Preston 5 QPR 0
Wimbledon 5 QPR 0
Vuaxhall Motors
Fulham 6 QPR 0
Chelsea 6 QPR 1
Scunthorpe 4 QPR1
All of 2000/01

I remember a 1-0 win at home over Bradford live on Sky in about 1997 that was one of the worst games i've ever seen.

These were also stains on the soul of our club. And nothing to do with Ramsey.

oh well XTC, (good name btw !),

there is quite a bit i could come back with on your post, and comparisons you have made with the results you have stated, but ive been on this board all morning and My Oberfurher at work is making demands of me .

We'll have to agree to disagree, onwards and upwards and all that jazz.

Best thing Clive has ever written on 14:46 - Nov 5 with 4098 viewsJonDoeman

Best thing Clive has ever written on 14:39 - Nov 5 by Northernr

Ferdinand getting in the wrong players, we needed replacements for Barton & Dunne, & we got Toszer & Angella.

I'm sure Warnock will get more out of them though , basically cos he's a football manager .

It Is What It Is !!

Best thing Clive has ever written on 14:46 - Nov 5 with 4095 viewsPinnerPaul

Best thing Clive has ever written on 14:09 - Nov 5 by lionboy

play players only in their correct position, risking young players there, if needs be,dare to drop players who are clearly not playing well and this squad is better than mid-table. Ramsey, who has patently not been doing this has therefore been holding the team back.

Hard to believe that all the under performers

Sandro,Philips, Fer, Hoilett, Traore etc have all been held back by Ramsey.

As others have said it could be argued that they have been under performing for years.

Still, proof of the pudding will be where we are in 18 months time, much better off than we are now?

I'll be surprised.
Best thing Clive has ever written on 15:07 - Nov 5 with 3996 viewsDeepcutHoop

Best thing Clive has ever written on 14:17 - Nov 5 by johnhoop

That's possibly the stupidest thing I've read on here.

Congratulations.
Best thing Clive has ever written on 15:26 - Nov 5 with 3930 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Disagree. Of the 3 relegated teams, Hull and Burnley are 1st and 2nd whilst QPR are languishing in 13th and heading south. With a competent chairman and manager on board the team could, and should, be doing better.
Best thing Clive has ever written on 15:29 - Nov 5 with 3906 viewsNorthernr

Best thing Clive has ever written on 15:26 - Nov 5 by Benny_the_Ball

Disagree. Of the 3 relegated teams, Hull and Burnley are 1st and 2nd whilst QPR are languishing in 13th and heading south. With a competent chairman and manager on board the team could, and should, be doing better.

You're also agreeing with me - "with a competent chairman on board." Totally agree, we'd be in a much better state.
Best thing Clive has ever written on 15:37 - Nov 5 with 3869 viewsconnell10

nah.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024