Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Polter 15:16 - Nov 5 with 3919 viewsJonDoeman

Will Warnock be able to get anything out of him ? Disgraceful lack of opportunities so far IMO.

It Is What It Is !!

Polter on 15:37 - Nov 5 with 3854 viewsJonDoeman

No one ? Just me then , I say try him with Charlie. I suspect he has been mismanaged .

It Is What It Is !!

Polter on 15:41 - Nov 5 with 3836 viewsrunningman75

Polter on 15:37 - Nov 5 by JonDoeman

No one ? Just me then , I say try him with Charlie. I suspect he has been mismanaged .

My bet is he will play in an FA Cup third round defeat to someone in League 1.
Polter on 15:48 - Nov 5 with 3810 viewsJonDoeman

Polter on 15:41 - Nov 5 by runningman75

My bet is he will play in an FA Cup third round defeat to someone in League 1.

He would have been our main striker if Charlie's 15 mill price was met on deadline day, & he's now deemed unusable ? Questions have to be asked .

It Is What It Is !!

Polter on 15:53 - Nov 5 with 3794 viewslave16

Polter on 15:48 - Nov 5 by JonDoeman

He would have been our main striker if Charlie's 15 mill price was met on deadline day, & he's now deemed unusable ? Questions have to be asked .

Go 4-4-2

Austin- JET - Polter there's bound to be goals there

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

Polter on 15:56 - Nov 5 with 3779 viewsJonDoeman

Polter on 15:53 - Nov 5 by lave16

Go 4-4-2

I agree , get the best out of Austin . Our best player .

It Is What It Is !!

Polter on 16:31 - Nov 5 with 3693 viewsqprmeath

Blackwood now ahead of Politer. Id love to see him given a chance. Scored in last reserve game or whatever its called now and by all accounts worked his socks off.
Polter on 16:33 - Nov 5 with 3678 viewsdaveB

Go 4-4-2

Good old 4-4-2, always works for us especially when we have no wingers and no one who can run in midfield
Polter on 16:35 - Nov 5 with 3667 viewsNorthernr

Go 4-4-2

We played 4-4-2 on Tuesday night - lost without scoring.
Login to get fewer ads

Polter on 16:42 - Nov 5 with 3630 viewsBasingstokeR

Polter on 16:35 - Nov 5 by Northernr

With Karl Henry on the wing?
Polter on 16:44 - Nov 5 with 3611 viewsBklynRanger

Polter on 16:33 - Nov 5 by daveB

Good old 4-4-2, always works for us especially when we have no wingers and no one who can run in midfield

There seem to be two main problems with 4-4-2 as far as I can tell:

Not having anyone suitable for that CM role. Even if we had one fit Sandro type to play alongside a slower player we'd have a chance, but we don't.

Then there's the player's we've bought or kept who wouldn't be suited to it: Chery, JET, Fer are the first ones that spring to mind. Then again, why can't JET play up with Charlie? Or Chery in behind him like a little Dutch Gary Penrice? And why can't Fer track back a bit more? There you go, I've talked myself back into the fcuking awful idea now.
Polter on 16:53 - Nov 5 with 3577 viewsBlue_Castello

What chance did we have when Ramsey chose to include Henry, Faurlin and Tozser in the same midfield, we were playing Derby county who have far better midfield options.

Agree with you in this instance we don't have the midfield players for 4-4-2.....
Polter on 17:47 - Nov 5 with 3446 viewsbosh67

I agree. I don't think Polter, Chery and Luongo have been handled that well.

Polter not given a chance and the other two consistently played out of position.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Polter on 17:56 - Nov 5 with 3417 viewsGloucs_R

How many teams play with 2 up top these days? Every time I turn the TV on its always 4231

Poll: Are we staying up?

Polter on 18:06 - Nov 5 with 3377 viewsBklynRanger

Polter on 17:56 - Nov 5 by Gloucs_R

How many teams play with 2 up top these days? Every time I turn the TV on its always 4231

Yeah but no but the thing about having Charlie as a loan striker in this division is, imho, that falls under the category of 'Development'. One thing I think Ramsey was achieving was improving him in that role.

Since we're now now in the 'Get Promoted So Tony Can Sell Us and Keep His Beautiful Shiney Planes' category maybe we should be going back to letting Charlie do what he seems to have done best - play with a big lad beside him and concentrate on the hitting smackarooni goal-balls into the old onion bag?
Polter on 18:10 - Nov 5 with 3362 viewsbob566

not sure if there is any system that suits us. Not the best wingers when Philips is off his game and our full backs aren't the zippiest.

Even trying 3-5-1 and clogging the midfield other teams seem to be able to pass it around us with the lack of pace of henry and tozer and faurlin.

4-4-2 doesn't work like you said. It can if Phillips and somebody else is on their game. Can't waster chery on the left leaving only hoillet. Don't know when the last time he was on his game.
Polter on 18:12 - Nov 5 with 3352 viewsNeil_SI

It's been unfortunate for Polter, because he picked up an injury in a period where he could have been used and had a bit more time to settle in. But as time passed, and the fans became more irate and results were more important, he became a target of abuse and a boo boy before he'd even touched the ball.

The stick he received at Birmingham was outrageous, and they rightly left him out of the squad the following match to save him from any further nastiness. He didn't react to that well, so he had to then pay the price, and there lies the problem. Part of his lack of opportunities are to do with an early injury, and then fair questions asked about whether he has the ability at this level, to disgraceful and unfair treatment from fans and then poor discipline.

So it is what it is. For what it's worth, I think he'd be a useful option for QPR if he was allowed a fair crack at the whip by everybody. He was a goalkeeper up until the age of around 16, so while you'll notice that deficiency in his technical play there's no question he is an extremely hard working player who could play a key role defensively in a team.

It's always about balance. It's not always about picking the best players on paper. What the others have in their creativity they lack in hard work and defensive discipline, and we've been blighted with those problems for the entire campaign.

Had we had Jamie Mackie and Polter available and firing on all cylinders, you'd see a much more functional unit with players at the top end willing to do the hard yards and run both ways. Polter's introduction could easily make up for the defensive deficiencies and lack of work ethic of some of the other players and allow them to concentrate on what they do best and bring to the table creatively.

It's really easy to look at a player and his weaknesses and decide he's not got what it takes, and if I would fault Ramsey and the staff over something — it's perhaps they didn't realise what value Polter could bring to the table in other areas in the name of balance. At the same time though, they see the player day in and day out at the training ground, so sometimes that is more than enough to ask yourselves whether you're willing to take that risk.

For me though, it was a risk worth taking and finding out about.
[Post edited 5 Nov 2015 18:17]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024