Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sandro 20:48 - Nov 8 with 3532 viewsRed_Ranger

Strange fella. I actually think every time he plays how 'king good he is. But the way he gets injured is just weird. I thought that we definitely lost an edge when he went off on Sat. He and Ale looked good together.
[Post edited 8 Nov 2015 20:51]
Sandro on 20:50 - Nov 8 with 3521 viewsWatford_Ranger

There's nothing strange about it. He's a tart who will happily sit out for a month with a broken nail. No other club would have spent half what we did on him.
Sandro on 21:09 - Nov 8 with 3437 viewsbosh67

The Sandro Faurlin partnership worked. Sandro is obviously a very good player. If he got his act together he could be a captain. I think he fuses out in the head when he gets a knock. As soon as he got caught yesterday he looked in trouble. I think it is in his head and someone needs to crack it because the spin turn and shot is a hard skill to pull off and he made it look second nature.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Sandro on 21:38 - Nov 8 with 3362 viewsNorthernr

Absolute tart. Typical QPR signing during TF era. While we're getting excited about keeping him Derby got Butterfield for a fraction of the cost.
Sandro on 21:49 - Nov 8 with 3339 viewsPunteR

The beast.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Sandro on 21:59 - Nov 8 with 3307 viewsWatford_Ranger

I wonder, if he picked up these 'injuries' playing for a bigger club, would he be out for so long?
Sandro on 22:01 - Nov 8 with 3292 viewsvblockranger

Think like a lot of players we have signed the last 4 years SAndro feels he has lowered himself to take the money and play for us. It's in his head. He gives 70% - 80% just like most of our other "big" signings.
Sandro on 22:05 - Nov 8 with 3279 viewsjohncharles

Sandro is a diversion. He's never going to be part of the team. To move forward we need to leave him behind. Can't build a team around someone who's not there half the time. Half !!?? That's bloody optimistic. Yesterday he got a crack on the ankle. Painful but for God's sake man up. He's keeping guys like Doughty out of the team.

Strong and stable my arse.

Sandro on 22:05 - Nov 8 with 3275 viewsbaz_qpr

There's an interesting piece in one of the secret footballers books about how you get some players that just can't / won't perform unless 100% fit.

Its a real shame about Sandro because when he is fit and playing you can see he is a class above. I take issue with Clives point about TF. Sandro was clearly a Redknapp signing in TFs time we've had big names for that position but we've also had the "undiscovered" Diakete's and Mbias in the same position and they've all been failures. I don't think it was Samba type signing
Login to get fewer ads

Sandro on 22:12 - Nov 8 with 3244 viewsjohncharles

We have to take Sandro out of the equation. Move on

Strong and stable my arse.

Sandro on 22:15 - Nov 8 with 3231 viewsNorthernr

Sandro on 22:05 - Nov 8 by baz_qpr

There's an interesting piece in one of the secret footballers books about how you get some players that just can't / won't perform unless 100% fit.

Its a real shame about Sandro because when he is fit and playing you can see he is a class above. I take issue with Clives point about TF. Sandro was clearly a Redknapp signing in TFs time we've had big names for that position but we've also had the "undiscovered" Diakete's and Mbias in the same position and they've all been failures. I don't think it was Samba type signing

My point was that Sandro's appearance record at Spurs suggested he had serious problem. We paid £10m and God knows what a week to get him here, and then when it turned out he was injured all the time we said it would all be better when he was fit. individual over team again, poor medical record again, over paying again. Same with Johnson, Zamora, park, SWP, Dyer etc
Sandro on 22:15 - Nov 8 with 3228 viewsdaveB

just got to hope Sunderland are still desperate in January and take him off our hands, good player when fit and in the mood but does't happen often enough.
Sandro on 22:17 - Nov 8 with 3223 viewsCiderwithRsie

Sandro on 22:12 - Nov 8 by johncharles

We have to take Sandro out of the equation. Move on

I'm genuinely astonished that not only is he still at the club but people seriously think he will (or even should be) a regular player. I can't imagine the question would even arise if Henry had not been so much poorer than he was last season.
Sandro on 07:44 - Nov 9 with 2952 viewsJonDoeman

Who could have predicted he'd be a poor signing ? TBF Redknapp did some great business before the last championship season, but has to be said every single one of last season's signings were flops .
[Post edited 9 Nov 2015 7:45]

It Is What It Is !!

Sandro on 08:06 - Nov 9 with 2916 viewsbaz_qpr

Sandro on 22:15 - Nov 8 by Northernr

My point was that Sandro's appearance record at Spurs suggested he had serious problem. We paid £10m and God knows what a week to get him here, and then when it turned out he was injured all the time we said it would all be better when he was fit. individual over team again, poor medical record again, over paying again. Same with Johnson, Zamora, park, SWP, Dyer etc

It was £6m didn't it emerge, I get the point I just don't think this signing was a Park or Samba board type signing It was an HR signing and whilst you can argue about the record of signing injury prone players surely most of these you suggest were signings of the managers at the time, buying ex players.

Sorry does not fit your grand narrative
Sandro on 08:30 - Nov 9 with 2872 viewsdaveB

Sandro on 08:06 - Nov 9 by baz_qpr

It was £6m didn't it emerge, I get the point I just don't think this signing was a Park or Samba board type signing It was an HR signing and whilst you can argue about the record of signing injury prone players surely most of these you suggest were signings of the managers at the time, buying ex players.

Sorry does not fit your grand narrative

Of course it was a Redknapp signing just as Zamora and Johnson were Hughes signings but with the injury record someone at the club should have been putting the block of them and not spending millions on injured players
Sandro on 08:33 - Nov 9 with 2865 viewsTacticalR

Sandro on 08:30 - Nov 9 by daveB

Of course it was a Redknapp signing just as Zamora and Johnson were Hughes signings but with the injury record someone at the club should have been putting the block of them and not spending millions on injured players

Yes, we can develop our own injured players.

Air hostess clique

Sandro on 11:21 - Nov 9 with 2712 viewsTacticalR

The irony is that he did his ACL playing for Tottenham against us in 2013, so if anyone should have known it should have been us.

Sandro: I nearly retired last season after my Tottenham injury hell
http://metro.co.uk/2013/08/10/sandro-i-nearly-retired-last-season-after-my-totte

For what it's worth at the time I hoped that Redknapp would have enough contacts at Tottenham to know whether it was worth shelling out for Sandro.

Air hostess clique

Sandro on 11:43 - Nov 9 with 2658 viewsCiderwithRsie

Sandro on 11:21 - Nov 9 by TacticalR

The irony is that he did his ACL playing for Tottenham against us in 2013, so if anyone should have known it should have been us.

Sandro: I nearly retired last season after my Tottenham injury hell
http://metro.co.uk/2013/08/10/sandro-i-nearly-retired-last-season-after-my-totte

For what it's worth at the time I hoped that Redknapp would have enough contacts at Tottenham to know whether it was worth shelling out for Sandro.

Your last sentence is the killer.

Having made some decent-looking signings e.g. Austin the year before,Caulker and Mutch (I know, I know) I did rather hope that Redknapp might be using his inside knowledge to get us bargain but no, he was of course just splurging cash about without a minute's thought for what would happen when it ran out
Sandro on 11:43 - Nov 9 with 2657 viewsJamie

Blew his knee out and as part of the standard ACL treatment, you're supposed to strengthen the muscles surrounding the knee. Unfortunately Sandro clearly has issues with his hamstrings and so its going to be an ongoing vicious cycle for him.

The abuse he gets is pretty sad but typical of modern football. Obviously if he wasn't always injured he would be playing for Spurs still.
Sandro on 12:27 - Nov 9 with 2592 viewsfrancisbowles

For what it's worth, I thought he got a bad knock on or just below the knee in front of the SA road. I couldn't understand why he didn't go down and get the physio on as he spent the next few minutes hobbling around. Then shortly after he seemed to have run it off he was subbed, although him and Ale had lost most of their influence on the game by then.

Be interesting to know if it was the knock and whether he will make MIddlesborough.
Sandro on 13:17 - Nov 9 with 2504 viewsMvpeter

Sandro on 07:44 - Nov 9 by JonDoeman

Who could have predicted he'd be a poor signing ? TBF Redknapp did some great business before the last championship season, but has to be said every single one of last season's signings were flops .
[Post edited 9 Nov 2015 7:45]

Anyone with a copy of his medical history.

Poll: Who should be our left back?

Sandro on 14:00 - Nov 9 with 2446 viewsClive_Anderson

Exactly.

For a team with loads of money that could afford the gamble he might have been worth taking a punt on. For us to spend £10m and blow most of our transfer budget on him was complete idiocy.
Sandro on 14:04 - Nov 9 with 2433 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Sandro on 14:00 - Nov 9 by Clive_Anderson

Exactly.

For a team with loads of money that could afford the gamble he might have been worth taking a punt on. For us to spend £10m and blow most of our transfer budget on him was complete idiocy.

I think we finally agree on something Clive.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024