Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
matty phillips 21:56 - Nov 20 with 2587 viewsoldmeadoniansR

That chance at the beginning of the first half. Maybe not his preferred position and he was in the right place but I can name a few strikers who would have scored it with much less ability but possible a bit more desire. Rob Steiner for example.
matty phillips on 22:05 - Nov 20 with 2518 viewsHollowayRanger

not physical way too lightweight

just not a striker

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

matty phillips on 22:12 - Nov 20 with 2495 viewsRBlock

Thought he looked strong at points. Held it up well and made a few good runs, but movement wasn't all there. Improved on recent performances but still has more to offer.
matty phillips on 00:44 - Nov 21 with 2376 viewsTacticalR

We didn't take our chances, but then neither did Middlesbrough.

Air hostess clique

matty phillips on 00:50 - Nov 21 with 2366 viewsPunteR

The ball dropping on his foot for a volley sums him up for me. Its why he's playing championship football and not premier league.
He's good but not that good.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

matty phillips on 01:02 - Nov 21 with 2349 viewsNeil_SI

Difficult to ask someone like that to come into the role and then expect they'll deliver the goods in front of goal.

Phillips did well overall. You can't ask for too much more, he got himself into some cracking positions but didn't quite have that killer instinct. However, he worked the channels well and linked play intelligently at times with some nice layoffs that invited midfield players forward.

He did tire a little bit as the match went on, but you expect that, especially as he's not used to playing up front alone. It impacted his defensive work a little, but as he's not a defensively minded player, it wasn't a surprise.
matty phillips on 01:09 - Nov 21 with 2342 viewsozexile

What about the one at the start of the second half. 50cm tap in and he didn't get anything on it.
matty phillips on 01:26 - Nov 21 with 2333 viewsconnell10

Another of our so called stars who flatters to decive!! So over hyped!! TV

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

matty phillips on 11:26 - Nov 21 with 2154 viewsDiscodroids

about as clinical as a dose of milk thistle for george best after an 18 hour bender down stringfellows.

if wants a big money move or has aspirations of playing for a top ten team , he should stop believing in his own hype and stay an hour after training every day and pay a couple of youth teamers a long un to supply crosses and work on his finishing.

then, in time, he might become as good as he thinks he is.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2015 11:27]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Login to get fewer ads

matty phillips on 11:30 - Nov 21 with 2138 viewsAntti_Heinola

matty phillips on 01:26 - Nov 21 by connell10

Another of our so called stars who flatters to decive!! So over hyped!! TV

over-hyped by who? Only our own fans. Never the media.
This is part of our problem.

Bare bones.

matty phillips on 11:45 - Nov 21 with 2113 viewsconnell10

matty phillips on 11:30 - Nov 21 by Antti_Heinola

over-hyped by who? Only our own fans. Never the media.
This is part of our problem.

Sorry mate i ment our fans, I've no idea where the TV bit came from but I was pished when I posted and it was late!😀

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

matty phillips on 11:47 - Nov 21 with 2103 viewsDiscodroids

matty phillips on 11:45 - Nov 21 by connell10

Sorry mate i ment our fans, I've no idea where the TV bit came from but I was pished when I posted and it was late!😀

Holloway on sky last night seemed to think he was A cross between Oleh Blokhin and zbignew Boniek .

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024