Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
37 14:34 - Dec 16 with 7268 viewsjamois

The number of times I've hit refresh on BBC Sport to see if Mourinho's been sacked yet.

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

37 on 10:07 - Dec 17 with 1593 viewsCiderwithRsie

Good calls on Kendall, Alf Ramsey, and I'll give you George Graham I think. While I admire Wenger's Arsenal I don't think that's really transformative given the resources - the big change was in turning Arsenal from the club you least enjoyed watching to one of the most enjoyable.

God I hope we can add Ranieri's Leicester to the list. Especially if there's a place for Hasselbaink's QPR a year or two down the line.
37 on 10:28 - Dec 17 with 1583 viewsJamie

37 on 20:58 - Dec 16 by Clive_Anderson

Why would Guardiola want to leave Bayern Munich? Bigger than any English team at the moment.

Because in his own words, he's a bit of an odd bod and not interested in long term management. He wants to do 3 years in England, 3 years as an international manager and then he will retire to a quieter life coaching kids.
37 on 10:32 - Dec 17 with 1577 viewsade_qpr

37 on 10:03 - Dec 17 by CiderwithRsie

Funny you say that, I almost mentioned Dave Bassett. God knows it was horrible to watch, but the success was amazing compared to the resources, and it was genuinely a new way of doing things.

You're right about Ferguson at Aberdeen too, I'd almost forgotten that and it was a fine achievement, whatever else you think of him.

Would say the same about John Toshack taking Swansea from the 4th div to 6th in the 1st div in 4 seasons. Although I don't know how much he had in the way of money to spend at the time.

Another feather in Bassett's cap is that Bobby Gould who took over and won the FA Cup admitted it was Bassett who brought in most of his cup winning team.

If a turtle doesn't have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

37 on 10:33 - Dec 17 with 1572 viewspaulparker

George Graham is a good shout, it wasn't pretty but he oversaw a revolution in a way ,
he took players like Rocastle, Thomas, Merson, Hayes, made some great buys in Winterburn, Dixon, Bould & Smith and shipped out some of the problem players in Nicholas, Sansom, Williams & Robson
he built his team around Adams , made them hard to beat and took the title off a very good Liverpool team twice

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

37 on 10:39 - Dec 17 with 1569 viewspaulparker

37 on 10:32 - Dec 17 by ade_qpr

Would say the same about John Toshack taking Swansea from the 4th div to 6th in the 1st div in 4 seasons. Although I don't know how much he had in the way of money to spend at the time.

Another feather in Bassett's cap is that Bobby Gould who took over and won the FA Cup admitted it was Bassett who brought in most of his cup winning team.

I think the year before Basset left they got to the QTR finals of the FA cup , these were the days when there was no European football and the cups meant something

I also think that if Barca hadn't poached El Tel we would be talking about him being a manager who took a club from Div 2 mediocrity to div 1 honours and European trophies
what a team we had , and could of had come to that if he had stayed

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

37 on 11:06 - Dec 17 with 1537 viewsPunteR

37 on 10:39 - Dec 17 by paulparker

I think the year before Basset left they got to the QTR finals of the FA cup , these were the days when there was no European football and the cups meant something

I also think that if Barca hadn't poached El Tel we would be talking about him being a manager who took a club from Div 2 mediocrity to div 1 honours and European trophies
what a team we had , and could of had come to that if he had stayed

Be good to see us welcome Venables at Loftus road and on the pitch at half time .
Big influence on our club. Surprised he hasn't got involved in the club more now I come to think about it.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

37 on 11:42 - Dec 17 with 1518 viewsClive_Anderson

37 on 09:24 - Dec 17 by paulparker

funny enough cider I was having the same conversation in the pub last night
Ferguson as much as I hate him you have to give him credit for breaking the celtic/rangers axis and leading Aberdeen to titles, cups and a European trophy
at least he done at a small club before going on to Man Utd, where IMHO he should have won more than 2 European cups
again Sexton & Robson came up in our conversations as managers who done well with smaller clubs, now Robson to me was a brilliant club manager and was so close to winning the title with Ipswich
Clough is probably the only manager who truly transformed a club from div 2 also ran's to title winners and European champions
now this may make you chuckle but I also think dave bassett is a great manager the way he got little old Wimbledon all through the leagues to division 1 , would jose be able to that I doubt it

Look at how shite Man Utd were with the same team under Moyes that walked the title under Ferguson. Don't forget the last decade he was spending a lot less than Chelsea and later Man City.

Dave Bassett also took Sheffield United from the 3rd to the 1st division in 2 seasons and kept them up despite having about 4 points at Christmas.
37 on 13:12 - Dec 17 with 1484 viewsR_from_afar

37 on 22:41 - Dec 16 by CiderwithRsie

Ideal is for him to stay on getting madder by the day until there is some sort of major bust up with the players, probably involving J**n T***y being his natural self, leading to an acrimonious sacking, preferably just after he's wasted gazillions on new players that the new manager doesn't rate.

If he can resign just after the transfer window pretending he's got a dodgy knee it would make me feel better, too.

Here's a top John Terry fact for you: When Chelsea play ManUre, the ManUre fans boo all the Chelski players except Terry, whom they applaud, all due to that slip in the Champions League final the two sides contested.

ATAF

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Login to get fewer ads

37 on 14:45 - Dec 17 with 1456 viewsJuzzie

Mourinho sacked.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34670192

Expect to see numerous new threads of the same.
37 on 14:49 - Dec 17 with 1449 viewsjamois

I'm sticking to this thread. Genuinely shocked. Really shocked!

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

37 on 14:54 - Dec 17 with 1445 viewsisawqpratwcity

A bit premature, I reckon. They are still one point off the relegation zone.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024