Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Green Contract extension if he plays 30 Games 18:37 - Jan 7 with 14386 viewsHarbour

Thread from West London Sport.....lets start playing Smithies

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-consider-making-green-available-for-move

Green Contract extension if he plays 30 Games on 18:41 - Jan 7 with 8576 viewsHarbour

he has played 25 already this season....WLS claiming we are trying to offload before he gets to 30 games
Green Contract extension if he plays 30 Games on 18:54 - Jan 7 with 8535 viewsmakaveli1882

If he plays five more times for my club and gets a new contract then all hope is lost
Green Contract extension if he plays 30 Games on 19:06 - Jan 7 with 8492 viewsJamie

*Presuming* it's true, and *presuming* the club don't want him to get a new deal, it's disgracefully QPR to let him play right up to the clause limit, rather than chucking Smithies in weeks ago, as if Smithies then got an injury, we would be faced with either playing Lumley, signing a new keeper, or giving Green another deal.

Shambles of a club.
Green Contract extension if he plays 30 Games on 19:14 - Jan 7 with 8465 viewsGetMeRangers

If Lee Hoos is worth his salt, he will call Green and his agent in and get them to agree to scratch that clause or tell him he isnt playing again. There is no way the club can afford to pay his wages for a keeper who is increasingly looking a liability - though I think there is good enough reasons for dropping him now, let alone having him here next season

Who writes these contracts! Naive beyond all recognition
Green Contract extension if he plays 30 Games on 19:51 - Jan 7 with 8381 viewsdaveB

Green Contract extension if he plays 30 Games on 19:14 - Jan 7 by GetMeRangers

If Lee Hoos is worth his salt, he will call Green and his agent in and get them to agree to scratch that clause or tell him he isnt playing again. There is no way the club can afford to pay his wages for a keeper who is increasingly looking a liability - though I think there is good enough reasons for dropping him now, let alone having him here next season

I imagine when they wrote the contract they thought he'd have been replaced by now and that did seem to the be plan when we signed Mccarthey but he chose to sit on the bench at Palace instead
Green Contract extension if he plays 30 Games on 20:05 - Jan 7 with 8336 viewsA40Bosh

Green Contract extension if he plays 30 Games on 19:51 - Jan 7 by daveB

I imagine when they wrote the contract they thought he'd have been replaced by now and that did seem to the be plan when we signed Mccarthey but he chose to sit on the bench at Palace instead

I think people are probably over estimating the negative opinion the management and coaching staff have of Rob Green. Otherwise if they do think he is the liability that many on here think he is, then he must have a clause in his contract that says if he is fit and available then he must get picked. How else can successive managers continue to use him as number 1 season on season. Surely they have to see past the big wages if there is a more reliable keeper on the books to pick

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Green Contract extension if he plays 30 Games on 09:30 - Jan 8 with 7985 viewsSuffolkHoop

QPR are just the most stupid football club ever. Fact.
Green Contract extension if he plays 30 Games on 09:38 - Jan 8 with 7957 viewspaulparker

Well Done QPR, another brilliant fcuk up
even if we do play smithies from now on, what happens if he gets injured and is out for 2 months ?
Infact I wouldn't have put it past Rangers to have forgot this clause and are now rushing out to give him away , which of course we wont because he is sh1t
Well Done Tony & the boys

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Login to get fewer ads

Green Contract extension if he plays 30 Games on 09:49 - Jan 8 with 7924 viewsBlue_Castello

Green Contract extension if he plays 30 Games on 09:30 - Jan 8 by SuffolkHoop

QPR are just the most stupid football club ever. Fact.

Initially reading the article it does make the club look bloody stupid, thankfully we have ditched one of the worst CEOs In history step forward Mr Phil Beard.

How we ever agreed to some of these contracts in the past is unbelievable, the fact that Carlos Henry also had a years option in his contract as well which was probably appearance related. I was actually looking forward to not seeing Henry on the team sheet again, from what I've seen so far of Doughty I want him to have a chance not another bloke at the end of his career.

It may be that Hoos / Ferdinand have only just spotted the contract clause, that's not very smart because they should have reviewed all the old contracts a few months ago, still it looks as if we all finally get to see Smithies by default obviously but I'm pleased he should be our first choice for the rest of the season.
Green Contract extension if he plays 30 Games on 09:52 - Jan 8 with 7916 viewsadhoc_qpr

Why are people getting upset at this?

There are probably more of these clauses around the league than people realise and we know Green's contract was negotiated in our era of ultra-stupid contracts (no relegation clauses, ultra high wages etc).

We have Smithies who has 247 appearances by 25 to take over - not exactly injury prone.

If anything this will probably force the club to drop Green which is something most fans have been calling out for.
Green Contract extension if he plays 30 Games on 10:02 - Jan 8 with 7894 viewsdaveB

Green Contract extension if he plays 30 Games on 09:52 - Jan 8 by adhoc_qpr

Why are people getting upset at this?

There are probably more of these clauses around the league than people realise and we know Green's contract was negotiated in our era of ultra-stupid contracts (no relegation clauses, ultra high wages etc).

We have Smithies who has 247 appearances by 25 to take over - not exactly injury prone.

If anything this will probably force the club to drop Green which is something most fans have been calling out for.

If Green was playing well people would be going mad that we are letting his contract run down. Everyone has the hump about QPR at the moment so every slightly negative thing is going to be exaggerated.
Green Contract extension if he plays 30 Games on 10:10 - Jan 8 with 7873 viewsSuffolkHoop

Green Contract extension if he plays 30 Games on 10:02 - Jan 8 by daveB

If Green was playing well people would be going mad that we are letting his contract run down. Everyone has the hump about QPR at the moment so every slightly negative thing is going to be exaggerated.

Well maybe, but Rob Green is a decade older than Alex Smithies. You'd have thought that even the most short sighted QPR fan could see the merit in letting Green go. I don't know where people have got this idea that Smithies is a bad keeper from I really don't.
Green Contract extension if he plays 30 Games on 10:14 - Jan 8 with 7856 viewsNorthernr

To be fair we're improving as a club - previously we'd have forgotten all about this clause, played him in every match and then tried to release him in the summer only to be reminded about it.

If it means we're forced to give Smithies a prolonged run in the team, not sling him in and then hook him if he's shaky after half a dozen games, then I'm all for it.
Green Contract extension if he plays 30 Games on 10:18 - Jan 8 with 7844 viewssimmo

Another example of the kind of contracts that were slung about, 3-4 years ago especially. Some players are set for life because of QPR and people like Henry have eeked out an extension off the back of the poor foresight.

As above though if this means a proper extended run for Smithies and another reason to stick with him beyond the inevitably shaky start, then it's a positive.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Green Contract extension if he plays 30 Games on 10:20 - Jan 8 with 7843 viewsNeil_SI

Green actually signed a 2 year extension to his original contract back in July 2014, after we'd won promotion back to the Premier League.

I remember wondering at the time about what his salary circumstances might be, and whether it remained the same or went up or down, simply because we faced this exact scenario that we're now in and that we might get relegated again.

The clause he has in his contract is fairly commonplace however, especially as you enter the final year of negotiations. A lot of players have these type of clauses and many others, so it's not necessarily something to get upset about.

The problem we've had for years is that we've most likely had to concede and provide lots of clauses for different reasons that most clubs wouldn't. In a desperate attempt to sign high profile players, we've probably offered high agent fees, high signing on fees and favourable clauses in order to keep players on the books.

You would hope that some players saw a reduction in salary based on relegation, much as they tend to always have clauses in their contracts for hefty raises in light of promotion. That is also commonplace, and is also why we spent so much money after our first promotion back to the Premier League pre-dating Tony Fernandes. We offered massive incentives for promotion, so Briatore and co quickly found that it was a fast way to lose money and was very expensive to operate in the Premier League without that guarantee of success and having to spend more money to try and stay there. The risk and reward was too great for them, so they sold.

This is where you need a strong board and club. If it were me, there would be a tiered salary structure in place right across the club that would seldom, if ever, be broken. Every player would broadly understand what they'd expect as they progressed through their careers, and then be sub-tiers within those tiers to reward for excellence, loyalty, etc.

Equality in the work place is vital with stuff like this — get it wrong and you have mutiny and resentment between players in the camp. We still have that problem because some of the original contracts signed are only just coming to an end.

While I don't know what some players earn, imagine a situation like this: You sign a player like Massimo Luongo and try to address this problem by saying we've got a structure. He is paid say £6K per week and let's say he's playing and doing well. And then he looks around that dressing room and sees Samba Diakite, who has barely been involved for 3 years, earning £25K per week.

It makes people restless. The only way to sort it out is to let people go, and that does mean letting people who are good go who you might want to if you want to get on an even keel.

If a player didn't want to sign or buy into that, then guess what, don't sign them. It's that easy.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2016 10:22]
Green Contract extension if he plays 30 Games on 10:38 - Jan 8 with 7783 viewsPinnerPaul

Green Contract extension if he plays 30 Games on 19:14 - Jan 7 by GetMeRangers

Followed by a claim from Mr Gs lawyers for constructive dismissal.

Sooooo in the real world if your boss called you and said, you know that little thing called "leave" in your contract, lets just "scratch" that!
Green Contract extension if he plays 30 Games on 10:41 - Jan 8 with 7765 viewsdaveB

Green Contract extension if he plays 30 Games on 10:10 - Jan 8 by SuffolkHoop

Well maybe, but Rob Green is a decade older than Alex Smithies. You'd have thought that even the most short sighted QPR fan could see the merit in letting Green go. I don't know where people have got this idea that Smithies is a bad keeper from I really don't.

Smithies played two games and 15 mins for us and was written off by many on here at the time with the calls to bring Green back.

I'd agree we should be replacing Green but if he was playing well his age wouldn't be a factor
Green Contract extension if he plays 30 Games on 10:48 - Jan 8 with 7747 viewsJonDoeman

If he doesn't play for us again , that will be a fitting end to his QPR career . King Calamity .

It Is What It Is !!

Green Contract extension if he plays 30 Games on 10:50 - Jan 8 with 7727 viewsJonDoeman

Green Contract extension if he plays 30 Games on 10:41 - Jan 8 by daveB

Smithies played two games and 15 mins for us and was written off by many on here at the time with the calls to bring Green back.

I'd agree we should be replacing Green but if he was playing well his age wouldn't be a factor

The spot was there for the taking , & he fcked it up! Though with this latest news, god knows why they didn't just keep playing him!

It Is What It Is !!

Green Contract extension if he plays 30 Games on 10:53 - Jan 8 with 7716 viewssimmo

Green Contract extension if he plays 30 Games on 10:50 - Jan 8 by JonDoeman

The spot was there for the taking , & he fcked it up! Though with this latest news, god knows why they didn't just keep playing him!

How did he 'fck it up'??

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Green Contract extension if he plays 30 Games on 10:55 - Jan 8 with 7713 viewsSuffolkHoop

Green Contract extension if he plays 30 Games on 10:50 - Jan 8 by JonDoeman

Fcked it up how? What about Rob Green costing us at least 7/8 points this season? Either through his inability to kick the ball in to the opposition half? (an example of which was seen recently at Ipswich, losing us possesion just before they scored the winner), or through being bloody stupid (Forest, Hull etc. etc. etc.)?

Nah, its Smithties we can't rely on. He fcked up his chance of playing. Ridiculous.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2016 10:58]
Green Contract extension if he plays 30 Games on 11:01 - Jan 8 with 7677 viewsJonDoeman

Proof is in the pudding , if he'd been solid & assured in his time on the pitch he'd have kept the spot. That is my fear, we're replacing one dodgepot with another . We'll soon see .

It Is What It Is !!

Green Contract extension if he plays 30 Games on 11:03 - Jan 8 with 7670 viewsPunteR

Green Contract extension if he plays 30 Games on 20:05 - Jan 7 by A40Bosh

I think people are probably over estimating the negative opinion the management and coaching staff have of Rob Green. Otherwise if they do think he is the liability that many on here think he is, then he must have a clause in his contract that says if he is fit and available then he must get picked. How else can successive managers continue to use him as number 1 season on season. Surely they have to see past the big wages if there is a more reliable keeper on the books to pick

They must think you cant have a £50,000 a week keeper sitting on the bench at QPR.
Agree with you though,Green is arguably the best keeper we've got and i'm not sure Smithies can have too much to complain about as he knew Green still had a contract here,plus he's on better money than he was at Huddersfield..He'll get his chance.
We can't afford Green so i hope this gets sorted.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2016 11:11]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Green Contract extension if he plays 30 Games on 11:10 - Jan 8 with 7653 viewsMaggsinho

Bournemouth interested apparently.
Green Contract extension if he plays 30 Games on 11:11 - Jan 8 with 7638 viewsNorthernr

Green Contract extension if he plays 30 Games on 11:10 - Jan 8 by Maggsinho

Bournemouth interested apparently.

They fcking love an accident prone keeper there!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024