Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Smithies 15:49 - Jan 23 with 4057 viewssexton

More talking to his defence in one match than Green managed all season. Alert and quick to claim the ball. Decent distribution too. Very promising.
Smithies on 16:00 - Jan 23 with 3991 viewsRBlock

The difference in the standard of kicking was there for everyone to see also. Made a fantastic stop down to his right which he really had no right to get to.
Smithies on 16:03 - Jan 23 with 3971 viewsClive_Anderson

Frustrating that he wasn't picked earlier when Green lost form. If Green didn't have that extension for 30 games he still would be in the team.

We seem to have trouble giving people a chance with Polter and Luongo not getting a look in until recently.
Smithies on 16:04 - Jan 23 with 3961 viewsisawqpratwcity

A ten minute spell in the second half when he saved our point many times over. If Ingram's anything like that then the only way Green is getting back is to do a couple of 'Tonya Hardings' (maybe three).

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Smithies on 16:14 - Jan 23 with 3913 viewseghamranger

My Motm today. 2 outstanding saves infront of me in the second half. Kickings better than Green and he is probably on 30k less a week.

Thanks Greeno but bye bye
Smithies on 16:19 - Jan 23 with 3888 viewsTacticalR

Smithies on 16:00 - Jan 23 by RBlock

The difference in the standard of kicking was there for everyone to see also. Made a fantastic stop down to his right which he really had no right to get to.

Brilliant save. From Ellerslie it looked certain to go in.

Air hostess clique

Smithies on 16:22 - Jan 23 with 3873 viewsGloucs_R

He was quality, everything you want from a keeper. Came for crosses, fantastic kicking and a couple of solid saves.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Smithies on 19:32 - Jan 23 with 3550 viewsAgedR

A bit wobbly on a couple of crosses, but, that last save was an absolute worldy.

No secret. I really like him

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

Smithies on 19:44 - Jan 23 with 3511 viewsBasingstokeR

Agree with the points on the difference in kicking being really noticeable.

Green's infamous kick against Chelsea at home last season still particularly haunts me.
Login to get fewer ads

Smithies on 19:49 - Jan 23 with 3496 viewsbosh67

I would like him to be a little more bullish and aggressive around the area. Nothing he could do about the goal but got a little shaken for 10 mins afterwards. But... 3 excellent saves, one particularly good and his distribution is really excellent. To be fair both he and Ikeme played very well and got their teams moving. I hope Smithies gets a run now. Like Hall, Polter and others he will only get better with a run of games.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Smithies on 21:50 - Jan 23 with 3308 viewsLazyFan

Agreed.
He almost stopped the goal as well. He tries really hard. Green would have missed that save and we would have lost.

It just shows if you give the younger hungry players a chance not all, but enough of them can perform. Which means the big names can hopefully be shipped out.

But the most important point which many fans fail to grasp is the catch is you have to give them a good run of games. Developing talent is not free, it comes at risk. But it is a risk worth taking.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzz

Smithies on 10:38 - Jan 24 with 3066 viewsRuislipHoop

Great performance,deserves all the plaudits,it was so good to at last have a keeper who can distribute the ball to someone in a hoop shirt and when he kicks from hand,the ball stays in play !!
Smithies on 12:19 - Jan 24 with 2980 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Thought he looked rather assured and grew as the game went on.

Once the ball is in his hand, those in front of him need to start looking up because Smithies looks keen to get things going. Not much hanging around he's looking to offer asap.

That save at the end, blinding stuff but I agree with the poster who said, but for the 30 game clause in Green's contract, Smithies wouldn't be playing!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Smithies on 09:15 - Jan 25 with 2750 viewssimmo

There's no surprise that I subscribe to the opinions on this thread. His kick in the 2nd half was the ultimate comparison to me. A bouncing back pass that was played into him at waist height and with pace, exactly the same pass that has caught Green out 2-3 times this season. But instead of taking a moody touch or awkwardly shanking it, he adjusted his body to get over and across the ball, clearing with distance and playing it into the deep channel. The fact it got a cheer and response from the crowd shows I was not the only one that realised the difference.

The Ingram thing still raises some questions, but I assume it's a case of it's Smithies to lose but if he get's injured or loses form - then he has another young and hungry guy ready to earn the shirt. It might have taken a contract situation, but well done QPR on making the changes and replacing an older, expensive player with 2 younger and capable options.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Smithies on 09:39 - Jan 25 with 2719 viewsadhoc_qpr

Good performance from Smithies, he is our number one now.

We know he is a good keeper at this level from his 200 odd games for Hudderfield, a few unconvincing cameos behind one of the worst defences we've ever fielded previously shoudn't have been enough to cast doubts.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024