Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So Let me get this right .... Strikers 07:51 - Feb 2 with 10433 viewscollegeranger

Pre Window we ended up playing Phillips as a striker as we were short on strikers.

We had
Austin
Polter
JET

We now have
Polter
Washington

I dont include Mackie as he is used more as a winger and I am not sure he will ever start under Piggybank.

Am I missing someone or something but surely we should have been bringing in more striking options.

Its gonna be a long hard 3 months IMHO.
So Let me get this right .... Strikers on 08:24 - Feb 2 with 8188 viewsrrrspricey

erm...loan window open until the end of March
So Let me get this right .... Strikers on 08:27 - Feb 2 with 8174 viewsdaveB

Also have the fella from Burton and Mackie who can play up front so thats 4 players for 1 position. Should be fine and have the loan window if we get desperate
So Let me get this right .... Strikers on 08:56 - Feb 2 with 8082 viewsFDC

So Let me get this right .... Strikers on 08:24 - Feb 2 by rrrspricey

erm...loan window open until the end of March

Which works the other way too I guess.... Green?
So Let me get this right .... Strikers on 09:16 - Feb 2 with 8022 viewsrsonist

We have four capable of playing up top, whether you personally decide to count one of them not. Two of them are new so we have to figure them out first too.

Also it's the January window and we're not in contention for promotion or at risk of relegation. Why would we pay over the odds for someone mid-season?

Really don't understand why people keep coming on here with these tenuous reasons to have a moan. There's literally nothing to get worked up about. Support your flipping team.
So Let me get this right .... Strikers on 09:16 - Feb 2 with 8021 viewsisawqpratwcity

So Let me get this right .... Strikers on 08:56 - Feb 2 by FDC

Thanks, that genuinely cheered me up!

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

So Let me get this right .... Strikers on 09:37 - Feb 2 with 7932 viewsQPunkR

Look, if we're desperately in need of strikers we can always recall Saturday night enthusiast Caulker

QPR - "shit but local"

So Let me get this right .... Strikers on 10:31 - Feb 2 with 7826 viewsTacticalR

We have retained our top scorer (Phillips), and don't forget that Hoilett is chipping in with goals.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/queens-park-rangers/top-scorers

Air hostess clique

So Let me get this right .... Strikers on 10:52 - Feb 2 with 7776 viewsDANRANGER

So Let me get this right .... Strikers on 10:31 - Feb 2 by TacticalR

We have retained our top scorer (Phillips), and don't forget that Hoilett is chipping in with goals.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/queens-park-rangers/top-scorers

buying isn't always the option. We play one up top and have 2 strikers with others that could do a job. For once we are being sensible so have to commend that. If we get injuries we can use the loan system as stated.

Green cannot be loaned to prem so he is here to stay until summer. Don't see a problem with that. He won't be any trouble and can help our other keepers with his experience.

Did well getting fer/sandro out even though they may return. Gives the side more balance (financially, big earners gone) which creates better team spirit. It's the start of something.
Login to get fewer ads

So Let me get this right .... Strikers on 10:57 - Feb 2 with 7752 viewsBluce_Ree

We love playing 4-6-0 anyway, so it's all good/horrible.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

So Let me get this right .... Strikers on 11:11 - Feb 2 with 7703 viewsQPRDave

So Let me get this right .... Strikers on 08:56 - Feb 2 by FDC

Can't see a Championship club taking him not paying even half his wages
So Let me get this right .... Strikers on 11:52 - Feb 2 with 7604 viewsbosh67

Not too badly off up front.

We have Polter and Washington to play as a duo or one on one off strikers.

We have the new lad from Burton who can play wide or up front.

We have Chery, he didn't go anywhere or hasn't yet. I still believe he should be playing off a striker down the middle, or come back to be playmaker if Faurlin isn't playing.

We have Mackie, Hoilett, Petrasso and Phillips as attacking wide players.

We still have Grego Cox and Blackwood if needed in attacking positions.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

So Let me get this right .... Strikers on 16:26 - Feb 2 with 7405 viewsvegasranger

Amazing really. How many years has been since we had competition between 4 strikers? All that money wasted and still lacking stickers. Mackie is not a real striker. Gregor Cox isn't real football league standard. Blackwood couldn't even do it at Newport. JFH understood it but couldn't fix it.
So Let me get this right .... Strikers on 22:02 - Feb 2 with 7206 viewsderbyhoop

The transfer window was played well by Les and co. We moved some high earners (on loan rather than permanent, but you can't win everything). We brought in more up and coming prospects which we hope to improve. And we reduced the squad down.

Unfortunately, the squad is still unbalanced. Too many midfielders and not enough true striking options. And the squad still contains some who are unlikely to be used (Yun, Traore, Hill, Green). But we're not going up and we don't look like being involved in a relegation battle, so it gives JFH 4 months of preparation for next season.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

So Let me get this right .... Strikers on 22:34 - Feb 2 with 7153 viewsQPR1882

We only ever play 1 striker at a time so we only need 2
So Let me get this right .... Strikers on 22:41 - Feb 2 with 7133 viewsvegasranger

But JFH said he might play 2 if there were 3 or 4 to choose from !!
So Let me get this right .... Strikers on 22:48 - Feb 2 with 7120 viewsdaveB

So Let me get this right .... Strikers on 16:26 - Feb 2 by vegasranger

Amazing really. How many years has been since we had competition between 4 strikers? All that money wasted and still lacking stickers. Mackie is not a real striker. Gregor Cox isn't real football league standard. Blackwood couldn't even do it at Newport. JFH understood it but couldn't fix it.

We had 4 strikers in our last promotion year when Austin got injured, sadly they were all shit. We had Keane, Maiga, Doyle and Zamora. I'd rather just have 2 decent ones
So Let me get this right .... Strikers on 07:49 - Feb 3 with 6920 viewsDorse

It's been like that for a while. We've been more Priskin and Bent than Austin and Remy over the past 10 years.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

So Let me get this right .... Strikers on 10:51 - Feb 3 with 6785 viewsrunningman75

So Let me get this right .... Strikers on 07:49 - Feb 3 by Dorse

It's been like that for a while. We've been more Priskin and Bent than Austin and Remy over the past 10 years.

One of my favourite strikers was Patrick Agyemang.
So Let me get this right .... Strikers on 11:09 - Feb 3 with 6766 viewsisawqpratwcity

So Let me get this right .... Strikers on 10:51 - Feb 3 by runningman75

Are you a Bentley dealer?

So Let me get this right .... Strikers on 18:04 - Feb 3 with 6641 viewsdistortR

So Let me get this right .... Strikers on 10:51 - Feb 3 by runningman75

I thought andy Johnson was the dog's bollocks.

I wondered what the vet had done with them.
So Let me get this right .... Strikers on 10:33 - Feb 4 with 6450 viewsQPunkR

So Let me get this right .... Strikers on 22:41 - Feb 2 by vegasranger

But JFH said he might play 2 if there were 3 or 4 to choose from !!

What if we had...like...five or six though!

QPR - "shit but local"

So Let me get this right .... Strikers on 11:31 - Feb 4 with 6430 viewsadhoc_qpr

How many games did Austin and JET play in the last 2 months?

If Polter or Washington get injured, we can play Mackie, new guy from Burton or Phillips or even loan someone in if needed.

No point paying wages to someone to sit on the bench and we clearly didn't identify another striker we wanted to sign permanently
So Let me get this right .... Strikers on 11:51 - Feb 4 with 6389 viewsdodge_stoke_r

Fo me its about quality not quantity. We have more or less the same numbers as befkre the window. Problem for me is thet we have lost a veritable goal machine in Austin and replaced him with someone untried at this level. Personally, I think Washington will do ok for us. As for Makie, he isn't a center forward. We tried it when he was here before and he wasnt good up there. And The guy from Burton has probably been brought in as a winger. All in all, on paper we look slighty worse off than we did at the start of January.
So Let me get this right .... Strikers on 12:25 - Feb 4 with 6364 viewsisawqpratwcity

So Let me get this right .... Strikers on 11:31 - Feb 4 by adhoc_qpr

How many games did Austin and JET play in the last 2 months?

If Polter or Washington get injured, we can play Mackie, new guy from Burton or Phillips or even loan someone in if needed.

No point paying wages to someone to sit on the bench and we clearly didn't identify another striker we wanted to sign permanently

JET hadn't played as much as I thought. Only 3-4 starts and a handful of subs since his last goal against the Dons, 20th October.

I still think it's good business that he's gone out on loan, though. He wasn't doing anything for us lately.

So Let me get this right .... Strikers on 12:37 - Feb 4 with 6350 viewsAntti_Heinola

Basically, as long as we don't get sucked towards relegation (we won't), it's irrelevant. Effectively, this season is over.
BUT we now have, for the first time in years, something quite nice. Several months in which to plan and experiment with almost no pressure.
When you look at teams who go up, check out where they were the year before. Many were mid-table (Bournemouth last year, for example). And that, rather than a fight for play-offs, may help them the following season. If you're going for promotion or fighting relegation, it's all about the 'now'. Had we been doing either I have no doubt we'd have signed another striker, possibly the wrong one, or one we'd overpay for. But we're not, so if the right man doesn't come up at the right price - we wait, rightly so.
there's still goals in the side, with Washington and hopefully Chery getting more of a run and hopefully Mackie coming into contention too.
JFH and Les have real time now to look towards August. Be interesting to see what happens this summer.

Bare bones.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024