Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is Amir Khan crazy? 17:34 - Feb 2 with 5916 viewsjamois

Moving up 2 weights to fight Alvarez?? He'll get butchered. Seems like madness to me. Desperation to get a top fight as he's been overlooked for so many lately. Alvarez has the physique to move up to supermiddle. Sugar Ray Leonard managed it but Amir's no Sugar-Ray.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/35476796

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Is Amir Khan crazy? on 17:39 - Feb 2 with 5905 viewsbosh67

It seems a step to far and didn't realise he was already 29. So no kid anymore. But, he has put on a lot of fighting weight, rather than flab and he is a lot heavier in physique these days. We know he can out punch anyone at any weight. Unfortunately his jaw is often made of glass.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Is Amir Khan crazy? on 19:36 - Feb 2 with 5796 viewseasthertsr

Boxing is a load of hyped up Sh!te where the audience are manipulated to buy tickets/pay-per view so some millionaire makes a massive killing IMO!!!!!
Is Amir Khan crazy? on 20:35 - Feb 2 with 5741 viewspaulparker

I like Khan but his chin is very suspect, moving up two weights could be a very bad move

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Is Amir Khan crazy? on 02:31 - Feb 3 with 5612 viewsFredManRave

Is Amir Khan crazy? on 19:36 - Feb 2 by easthertsr

Boxing is a load of hyped up Sh!te where the audience are manipulated to buy tickets/pay-per view so some millionaire makes a massive killing IMO!!!!!

Rubbish.

Now, who knows here I can get tickets for Brunos comeback fight. I'll pay whatever they're going for and if I can't get hold of any I'll happily watch it on PPV.

Know What I Mean...
[Post edited 3 Feb 2016 2:38]

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Is Amir Khan crazy? on 08:27 - Feb 3 with 5541 viewsgobbles

Is Amir Khan crazy? on 19:36 - Feb 2 by easthertsr

Unlike Premier League football, which is in no way overhyped in order to make the audience to pay a fortune for tickets or for television coverage, so some millionaire can make a massive killing
Is Amir Khan crazy? on 08:58 - Feb 3 with 5519 viewsToast_R

Is Amir Khan crazy? on 02:31 - Feb 3 by FredManRave

Rubbish.

Now, who knows here I can get tickets for Brunos comeback fight. I'll pay whatever they're going for and if I can't get hold of any I'll happily watch it on PPV.

Know What I Mean...
[Post edited 3 Feb 2016 2:38]

Win or lose he gets a big pay day. Not that crazy.
Is Amir Khan crazy? on 09:37 - Feb 3 with 5490 viewsPommyhoop

A least he went for Alvarez and not GGG, now that would be crazy..

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Is Amir Khan crazy? on 09:52 - Feb 3 with 5472 viewsjohnswiltsqpr

Why wont he fight Brook?, boxing is over hyped and full of people of avoid fights. A close family friend is a boxer, he's had his troubles but I believe he will be a world champion within the next two years. Keep an ye out for him, Jamie Cox. Won commowealth Gold in Australia - Is a great natural boxer with very heavy hands. He is trying to get fights but know one any good in his weight will fight him.
Login to get fewer ads

Is Amir Khan crazy? on 10:59 - Feb 3 with 5414 viewsjamois

I definitely agree that fighters avoiding each other, different management stables refusing to deal with each other, all the ego involved, it's very unsavoury. It happened a bit back in the day but not to the extent of the modern era.

I have to hand it to Khan though. He doesn't shirk fights against top fighters. The Brook thing, I just think he wants to be on the Vegas radar, as he has been for a few years now, so making the British mega-fight holds less appeal for him. But generally speaking he's always up for the challenge and is always trying to take on the top boys. He cannot be blamed for Mayweather, Bradley, Pacquio etc all avoiding him recently.

I think Amir is a good fighter, and the glass jaw thing is a label from his early years that has unfortunately stuck with him. Yet anyone who watched that incredible Maidana fight a few years back would have to refute it. I just think he's moving up to fight a very, very good fighter, world class, who is naturally bigger than him by about a stone. Just feels like a bad move. So in this case, I I think he probably should have fought Brook. Then again, we don't know the full story, never will. Brook makes a lot of capital out of NOT being able to fight Khan so it has actually served him well.

Is Amir Khan crazy? on 11:12 - Feb 3 with 5400 viewssimmo

Is Amir Khan crazy? on 10:59 - Feb 3 by jamois

I definitely agree that fighters avoiding each other, different management stables refusing to deal with each other, all the ego involved, it's very unsavoury. It happened a bit back in the day but not to the extent of the modern era.

I have to hand it to Khan though. He doesn't shirk fights against top fighters. The Brook thing, I just think he wants to be on the Vegas radar, as he has been for a few years now, so making the British mega-fight holds less appeal for him. But generally speaking he's always up for the challenge and is always trying to take on the top boys. He cannot be blamed for Mayweather, Bradley, Pacquio etc all avoiding him recently.

I think Amir is a good fighter, and the glass jaw thing is a label from his early years that has unfortunately stuck with him. Yet anyone who watched that incredible Maidana fight a few years back would have to refute it. I just think he's moving up to fight a very, very good fighter, world class, who is naturally bigger than him by about a stone. Just feels like a bad move. So in this case, I I think he probably should have fought Brook. Then again, we don't know the full story, never will. Brook makes a lot of capital out of NOT being able to fight Khan so it has actually served him well.

Fair play for him taking it - but Alvarez will knock him out - along with GGG and Gonzalez, he's probably the best out there.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Is Amir Khan crazy? on 11:35 - Feb 3 with 5382 viewsjamois

Is Amir Khan crazy? on 11:12 - Feb 3 by simmo

Fair play for him taking it - but Alvarez will knock him out - along with GGG and Gonzalez, he's probably the best out there.

Agreed. The fight we really need to see is GGG v Alvarez. Both are too good for our Amir. But I'd love to see him prove me wrong. Just so long as he stops talking about himself in the third person. I absolutely f@cking hate that

Is Amir Khan crazy? on 12:39 - Feb 3 with 5345 viewsFredManRave

Is Amir Khan crazy? on 11:35 - Feb 3 by jamois

Agreed. The fight we really need to see is GGG v Alvarez. Both are too good for our Amir. But I'd love to see him prove me wrong. Just so long as he stops talking about himself in the third person. I absolutely f@cking hate that

Agreed. But there's no way FredManRave would say that to his face.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Is Amir Khan crazy? on 12:45 - Feb 3 with 5334 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I'd pay to see a Eubank / Benn rematch.
Is Amir Khan crazy? on 13:00 - Feb 3 with 5311 viewsDiscodroids

Is Amir Khan crazy? on 12:39 - Feb 3 by FredManRave

Agreed. But there's no way FredManRave would say that to his face.

Discodroid likes the cut of your jib.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Is Amir Khan crazy? on 13:06 - Feb 3 with 5291 viewsjamois

Is Amir Khan crazy? on 13:00 - Feb 3 by Discodroids

Discodroid likes the cut of your jib.

Jamois was expecting the feint of the boxing thread to draw the Disco in from his cucumber spread sarnies and Banjo wafer.

Is Amir Khan crazy? on 13:31 - Feb 3 with 5255 viewsDiscodroids

Discodroid is busy, being banned in perpetuity, on other message boards.

Discodroid is also drinking warm milk from a saucer to keep those serotonin levels up, they are obviously depleted to fk all from a month off the booze and working , for scant fiscal re numeration in the probation service.

Discodroid is surrounded in his dojo of work, on all sides from LGBT Hysterical Harridan apparatchiks , crying into the ether on their mouldering slag heaps.

Its enough to get Discodroid back on the 3 grams of Tutankhamun a day.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Is Amir Khan crazy? on 13:35 - Feb 3 with 5244 viewsichbinnaughty

In answer to the OP question:
Yes he is. Alvarez is going to murder him.
Money on this not going beyond 6 minutes.
Is Amir Khan crazy? on 15:36 - Feb 3 with 5181 viewsthemodfather

anything to avoid the smashing he'll get from brooks.
khan is not too popular but his real issue is his glass chin, he is a good fighter but one wallop and he's gone.
brooks has a title, it'd be a huge fight , brooks v khan, yet khan wanted 80% but has nothing to bring to the table....yet khan looks elsewhere...hey ho
Is Amir Khan crazy? on 19:33 - Feb 3 with 5109 viewsgobbles

Is Amir Khan crazy? on 15:36 - Feb 3 by themodfather

anything to avoid the smashing he'll get from brooks.
khan is not too popular but his real issue is his glass chin, he is a good fighter but one wallop and he's gone.
brooks has a title, it'd be a huge fight , brooks v khan, yet khan wanted 80% but has nothing to bring to the table....yet khan looks elsewhere...hey ho

Khan would box rings around Brook. Brook has been begging to fight him for years. Problem is Brook is almost completely unknown in America, whereas Canelo is a superstar.
Don't believe the Sky hype about Brook. He scraped a win against Shaun Porter (who drew with Julio DIaz, whom Khan beat). Since then he has got stabbed in a dubious incident in Tenerife and then fought a bunch of nobodies. Khan brings a lot more to the table than Brook. People have heard of Khan for starters, which, considering you are calling Brook Brooks, rather proves the point
Khan has balls of steel to be fighting Canelo.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2016 19:36]
Is Amir Khan crazy? on 19:52 - Feb 3 with 5092 viewsgobbles

Is Amir Khan crazy? on 09:52 - Feb 3 by johnswiltsqpr

Why wont he fight Brook?, boxing is over hyped and full of people of avoid fights. A close family friend is a boxer, he's had his troubles but I believe he will be a world champion within the next two years. Keep an ye out for him, Jamie Cox. Won commowealth Gold in Australia - Is a great natural boxer with very heavy hands. He is trying to get fights but know one any good in his weight will fight him.

Has Cox calmed down? Found him a scary guy when I met him a few years ago. Great puncher but don't see him as a super-middleweight where he has been fighting - he won Comm Games at light-welter. If he gets down to middleweight, should get a shot at Billy Joe Saunders
Is Amir Khan crazy? on 20:18 - Feb 3 with 5072 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

Is Amir Khan crazy? on 12:45 - Feb 3 by BazzaInTheLoft

I'd pay to see a Eubank / Benn rematch.

Have you read The Hate Game? Good book all about those two and fighters of the day. Sad in parts (Watson and McLellan) but a very good read I thought.

As for Khan, yes it's a shame he didn't take on Brook but I think if he isn't going to get the fights he wants then move on and up and see what he can do. It'll be a massive fight for him, I'm not so sure it'll be the walk in the park for Alvarez as most on here seem to, one to look forward to I hope!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024