Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Watching the promotion DVD 12:13 - Feb 19 with 1059 viewsDando

Was just watching the promotion DVD, with the famous Zamora goal. Looking back at it, I still cant believe we got rid of Simpson. He was a solid right back with experience, and also helped us out attacking wise on occasions. The difference between him and Perch is clear for all to see.

Its easy also to forget how much impact Ravel had on the team. His class and positive way of playing is sorely missed. The presence of Dunne as well was huge for us, and its clear how much leadership is now missing in the side.

Very happy with the signs of a good young side developing, but hope we can also add a bit more presence and leadership in the team next year to help out those players. We should then have the basis of a good team, for a better season ahead
Watching the promotion DVD on 12:18 - Feb 19 with 1043 viewsdaveB

The whole reason he was sold was because Redknapp wanted to play 3-5-2 so brought in a proper wing back to play the role and saw the chance to cash in on Simpson and be able to spend more money on other players. I think he scrapped the 3-5-2 a few days after Simpson left which left us without a right back. If he'd stuck with 3 at the back it would have made sense but after he changed it to a back four it looked a daft call.
Watching the promotion DVD on 12:25 - Feb 19 with 1016 viewsDando

Watching the promotion DVD on 12:18 - Feb 19 by daveB

The whole reason he was sold was because Redknapp wanted to play 3-5-2 so brought in a proper wing back to play the role and saw the chance to cash in on Simpson and be able to spend more money on other players. I think he scrapped the 3-5-2 a few days after Simpson left which left us without a right back. If he'd stuck with 3 at the back it would have made sense but after he changed it to a back four it looked a daft call.

Very strange decision indeed. I can understand the idea of Isla coming in, being a good thing. But no idea why we were shipping out our better players and changing the formation so much after a successful season. Didnt we have one of the best defences in the league? Odd call
Watching the promotion DVD on 12:27 - Feb 19 with 1007 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Watching the promotion DVD on 12:25 - Feb 19 by Dando

Very strange decision indeed. I can understand the idea of Isla coming in, being a good thing. But no idea why we were shipping out our better players and changing the formation so much after a successful season. Didnt we have one of the best defences in the league? Odd call

All about Rio.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Watching the promotion DVD on 14:15 - Feb 19 with 919 viewsdaveB

Watching the promotion DVD on 12:25 - Feb 19 by Dando

3-5-2 was all the rage as Chile did it well in the World Cup and Redknapp had used it a few times before, I think he was worried about the lack of goals in the team so wanted to play with 2 up front and this was one way to do it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024