Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sharapova 11:53 - Mar 8 with 9616 viewsjamois

All over the news today it seems. Honestly cannot understand what all the fuss is about. Much like her looks really. Am I missing something?

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Sharapova on 12:10 - Mar 8 with 6919 viewsthame_hoops

The banned drug in question isn't a PED but I read that it can be used to 'mask' the use of PED's
Sharapova on 12:11 - Mar 8 with 6912 viewsPlanetHonneywood

There is a rodent with a large tail running through this!

She's supposedly been on this medication for years which was banned on 1 January this year. It defies belief that either she, her back-up team and even the WTA (who I assume must have known she was on meds as these would surely be declared) didn't act accordingly before the ban came in.

Her grunting will not be missed.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Sharapova on 12:17 - Mar 8 with 6875 viewspaulparker

I don't get the fuss either, what an old munter , !!!!
she probably has a bigger c0ck than me

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Sharapova on 12:20 - Mar 8 with 6862 viewsjamois

Sharapova on 12:11 - Mar 8 by PlanetHonneywood

There is a rodent with a large tail running through this!

She's supposedly been on this medication for years which was banned on 1 January this year. It defies belief that either she, her back-up team and even the WTA (who I assume must have known she was on meds as these would surely be declared) didn't act accordingly before the ban came in.

Her grunting will not be missed.

But if she's been on it for 10 years, and legally so, is it such a big deal she's not been aware of the change since 1st Jan? Being street legal for an entire career, and nearing end of said career, I can easily imagine her and her team being quite casual about being WADA compliant.

If the Russian sports scientists have known for decades that this drug is a PED (and it wouldn't surprise me as they've always been ahead of the pack) and it's the true reason why she's on it, well we'll never know the real reasons and it doesn't matter anyway because she legally did what anyone else could have done.

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Sharapova on 12:25 - Mar 8 with 6843 viewsA40Bosh

Sharapova on 12:17 - Mar 8 by paulparker

I don't get the fuss either, what an old munter , !!!!
she probably has a bigger c0ck than me

Nice to see such respect for a professional female sportsperson on International Womens' Day mate.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Sharapova on 12:49 - Mar 8 with 6764 viewspaulparker

Sharapova on 12:25 - Mar 8 by A40Bosh

Nice to see such respect for a professional female sportsperson on International Womens' Day mate.

International Womans day ??? !! ,

I better get down the shops quick and get a card

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Sharapova on 12:58 - Mar 8 with 6734 viewsbob566

I always suspected her of having acute angina!
Sharapova on 13:14 - Mar 8 with 6675 viewsgobbles

Sharapova on 12:10 - Mar 8 by thame_hoops

The banned drug in question isn't a PED but I read that it can be used to 'mask' the use of PED's

The drug is a PED.

It is prescribed for people with heart disease, but has big performance enhancement benefits, allowing increased exercise ability and creating testosterone, huge benefits to any endurance athlete.The stuff is made in Latvia and has not been approved for use in the US (by actual heart patients).
She claims she was suffering from "fluey" symptoms in 2006 and was prescribed this and for some reason kept taking it for ten years.
The reason it was not on the Wada watch list until last year and the banned list this year is that its performance-enhancing qualities had not been proved because the testers didn't know athletes were taking it. Worth remembering that Marion Jones, one of the biggest drugs cheats of all time, was never done for a failed test. The chemists are always ahead of the testers.
The bottom line is why is a top athlete taking a drug designed for heart failure for ten years?
If this was a runner, everyone would be shouting "cheat", because its plastic Sharapova it is written off as a mistake.
Login to get fewer ads

Sharapova on 13:35 - Mar 8 with 6616 viewsQPRDave

Sharapova on 13:14 - Mar 8 by gobbles

The drug is a PED.

It is prescribed for people with heart disease, but has big performance enhancement benefits, allowing increased exercise ability and creating testosterone, huge benefits to any endurance athlete.The stuff is made in Latvia and has not been approved for use in the US (by actual heart patients).
She claims she was suffering from "fluey" symptoms in 2006 and was prescribed this and for some reason kept taking it for ten years.
The reason it was not on the Wada watch list until last year and the banned list this year is that its performance-enhancing qualities had not been proved because the testers didn't know athletes were taking it. Worth remembering that Marion Jones, one of the biggest drugs cheats of all time, was never done for a failed test. The chemists are always ahead of the testers.
The bottom line is why is a top athlete taking a drug designed for heart failure for ten years?
If this was a runner, everyone would be shouting "cheat", because its plastic Sharapova it is written off as a mistake.

"The bottom line is why is a top athlete taking a drug designed for heart failure for ten years?"

Bang on.

She's done well to keep her career going so well with that condition
Sharapova on 13:36 - Mar 8 with 6616 viewsCroydonCaptJack

The tip of the Iceberg I would imagine.
I really hope I am wrong.
Sharapova on 13:45 - Mar 8 with 6589 viewsDrewster

Sharapova on 13:36 - Mar 8 by CroydonCaptJack

The tip of the Iceberg I would imagine.
I really hope I am wrong.

Russian athlete in drugs taking shocker.
And the news is?
Sharapova on 13:46 - Mar 8 with 6581 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Sharapova on 13:45 - Mar 8 by Drewster

And the news is?

A top tennis star rather than an unknown shot-putter
Why is it top of every news story today do you think?
Sharapova on 13:49 - Mar 8 with 6574 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Sharapova on 13:46 - Mar 8 by CroydonCaptJack

A top tennis star rather than an unknown shot-putter
Why is it top of every news story today do you think?

Is the answer that: the chucking of a big ball bearing isn't the teeniest bit interesting to 98.96% of the population?

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Sharapova on 14:10 - Mar 8 with 6528 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Sharapova on 13:49 - Mar 8 by PlanetHonneywood

Is the answer that: the chucking of a big ball bearing isn't the teeniest bit interesting to 98.96% of the population?

Apparently so if you look at todays news.
I am not a fan of womens tennis by the way.
Sharapova on 14:13 - Mar 8 with 6508 viewsisawqpratwcity

Sharapova on 13:45 - Mar 8 by Drewster

And the news is?

Expect another "Everybody is anti-Russia" statement from Putin.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Sharapova on 14:14 - Mar 8 with 6509 viewsjohann28

So she took a newly banned substance for one month - one that she's been taking for 10 years. I can't see how that warrants much criticism, or a long ban. If it wasn't previously banned, the fact that she took it before, even if she knew that it enhanced performance, means little or nothing. How many other athletes take legal substances to enhance performance?

At least we'll be spared her ear-shattering, hypersonic shrieks for a while.
Sharapova on 14:23 - Mar 8 with 6480 viewsMick_S

Grunting in tennis is the very loud noise,[1] sometimes described as "shrieking"[2][3] or "screaming",[4] made by some players while hitting their shots. It is prominent in both men's and women's tennis. Many players and spectators find it to be distracting or obnoxious above a certain sound level.

Monica Seles and Jimmy Connors are generally considered as the "grunt creator" in the women's and men's games respectively.[5][6] Examples of contemporary tennis players who notably grunt are Serena Williams, Venus Williams,[7][8] Maria Sharapova, Victoria Azarenka,[9][10] Rafael Nadal, Novak Djokovic, and David Ferrer.[11][12]

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Sharapova on 14:42 - Mar 8 with 6437 viewsMrSheen

I read that of the finalists in the Women's 1500m at London 2012, the 1st, 2nd, 5th, 7th and 9th place finishers have since failed drugs tests, one at least for the same drug as Sharapova. Just like the good old days.
Sharapova on 14:56 - Mar 8 with 6406 viewstimcocking

I think the media missed Anna Kournikova when she stopped playing, who was definitely a little honey. Nevermind her mediocre ability, she looked great. Sharapova was the closest they could find to a replacement, but she's blatantly nowhere near as nice.
Sharapova on 15:00 - Mar 8 with 6394 viewskensalriser

They're all as high as kites.

There are really only two options.

One, ban nothing and have a free-for-all.

Two, ban everything that isn't in actual proper real food with exceptions for prescription medicine verified by an independent doctor and declared in advance.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Sharapova on 15:11 - Mar 8 with 6377 viewsdanehoop

Sharapova on 15:00 - Mar 8 by kensalriser

They're all as high as kites.

There are really only two options.

One, ban nothing and have a free-for-all.

Two, ban everything that isn't in actual proper real food with exceptions for prescription medicine verified by an independent doctor and declared in advance.

I think "Two, ban everything that isn't in actual proper real food with exceptions for prescription medicine verified by an independent doctor and declared in advance. " is the policy.

I fully expect someone close to Sharapova who knows what happened us sudden a case of "unexpected death syndome." This previously unheard of complaint now seems to be particularly prevalent amongst senior officials and managers within Russian sporting circles who potentially know something incriminating or embarressing about the motherland's sporting prowess.

Alledgely.

Never knowingly understood

Sharapova on 15:22 - Mar 8 with 6354 viewsHendonHoop

I think that she is a real cutie pie so I would forgive her everything.
Sharapova on 16:10 - Mar 8 with 6281 viewsqueensparker

I once met her at a function at Kensington Roof Gardens - in heels she was taller than me and I'm six foot four.

Was quite taken
Sharapova on 17:54 - Mar 8 with 6162 viewsHayesender

There was an English lad and a Russian lad arguing about this at work today. The English lad was slagging her off, while the humourless Russian lad was getting quite irate trying to defend her.

After a while I turned round to the pair of em said, "Are you two REALLY having a row over fecking tennis?"

That's pretty much how I feel about this thread. Go and have a beer ffs!

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Sharapova on 18:03 - Mar 8 with 6145 viewsBklynRanger

Sharapova on 15:22 - Mar 8 by HendonHoop

I think that she is a real cutie pie so I would forgive her everything.

I feel the same way and would be happy to sign a petition to that effect.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024