Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Footballer of the year 18:55 - Mar 15 with 7351 viewsPetros

Got to be N'Golo Kante. What a player. Does anyone know why the TV commentators pronounce his name as Konte?
Footballer of the year on 19:11 - Mar 15 with 5592 views18StoneOfHoop

Don't know about that,Petros
Very close between Mahrez (LCFC) and Payet (WHU) for me.

My North African barber tells me that Mahrez is also
often incorrectly pronounced by TV commentators.

Talking of which how do you phonetically spell and pronounce
the name of our superb wee number 8?
Like the bird of a feather mate of Tracy?

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Footballer of the year on 19:27 - Mar 15 with 5564 viewsPetros

Footballer of the year on 19:11 - Mar 15 by 18StoneOfHoop

Don't know about that,Petros
Very close between Mahrez (LCFC) and Payet (WHU) for me.

My North African barber tells me that Mahrez is also
often incorrectly pronounced by TV commentators.

Talking of which how do you phonetically spell and pronounce
the name of our superb wee number 8?
Like the bird of a feather mate of Tracy?

Watching Mahrez makes me feel sad, I can't help going down the what-might-have -been route regarding one of our past players....
Footballer of the year on 19:30 - Mar 15 with 5555 viewsthemodfather

not karl henry?
Footballer of the year on 19:52 - Mar 15 with 5520 viewsOakR

Konte would be more like the French pronunciation that the Kante

Poll: Will we stay up?

Footballer of the year on 20:42 - Mar 15 with 5440 viewsMrSheen

Kante is amazing. You keep checking to see if there are two of him.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2016 9:49]
Footballer of the year on 20:54 - Mar 15 with 5412 viewsWilloW4

Footballer of the year on 19:30 - Mar 15 by themodfather

not karl henry?

Clint hill.!!
Footballer of the year on 20:56 - Mar 15 with 5411 viewsWatford_Ranger

Footballer of the year on 19:27 - Mar 15 by Petros

Watching Mahrez makes me feel sad, I can't help going down the what-might-have -been route regarding one of our past players....

I miss Christer Warren too.
Footballer of the year on 22:44 - Mar 15 with 5301 viewsaston_hoop

Leicester mates of mine all say that it'll be Mahrez and Vardy getting the plaudits at the Premier League awards but Kante is the reason they're top and the man who will win their player of the year.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Login to get fewer ads

Footballer of the year on 22:59 - Mar 15 with 5273 viewsdaveB

Kante has been superb this season but Payet is player of the season for me, just brilliant to watch
Footballer of the year on 23:42 - Mar 15 with 5230 viewsGuppy22

Agree with Dave, Payet is a magician, has been superb and in my eyes the signing of this season, roughly the same cost as Sandro allegedly cost us!!
Footballer of the year on 08:14 - Mar 16 with 5094 viewsBasingstokeR

Grant Hall
Footballer of the year on 09:03 - Mar 16 with 5072 viewsNorthernr

I was amazed they gave Drinkwater MOTM the other night. For me he had a mare, giving the ball away constantly, but it wasn't a problem because Kante was head and shoulders the best player on the pitch and just kept sweeping in and tidying things up for him. What a find!
Footballer of the year on 09:15 - Mar 16 with 5054 viewssimmo

If Leicester win the league, Mahrez should win it. But Kante and Payet both absolutely immense so not much in them. Notable mentions to Alli & Vardy who have been the big performers within excellent teams

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Footballer of the year on 09:23 - Mar 16 with 5046 viewsjamois

Footballer of the year on 22:59 - Mar 15 by daveB

Kante has been superb this season but Payet is player of the season for me, just brilliant to watch

The implication of what you're saying here Dave is that only attacking players can win POTY as they're always going to be the ones people prefer to watch. Payet is great and skilful but he does go missing in some games, doesn't always turn it on. Kante turns it on every time and is the reason why Leicester have kept this run going.

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Footballer of the year on 09:46 - Mar 16 with 5021 viewsNorthernr

So that's settled then

1st - Aguero
2nd - Ozil
3rd - Rooney
Footballer of the year on 10:04 - Mar 16 with 4994 viewstraininvain

Footballer of the year on 22:59 - Mar 15 by daveB

Payet was injured for a large chunk of the season so it won't be him.

Mahrez for me but Kante is very close.

Can anyone remember if a holding midfielder has ever won player of the season in the Premiership?
Footballer of the year on 10:05 - Mar 16 with 4993 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Footballer of the year on 09:03 - Mar 16 by Northernr

I was amazed they gave Drinkwater MOTM the other night. For me he had a mare, giving the ball away constantly, but it wasn't a problem because Kante was head and shoulders the best player on the pitch and just kept sweeping in and tidying things up for him. What a find!

Thought the same. Bizarre and lazy decision.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Footballer of the year on 10:05 - Mar 16 with 4993 viewsqueensparker

Kante is like a Kenyan marathon runner converted into a footballer. Unbelievable stamina and engine. It's knackering just watching him
Footballer of the year on 12:27 - Mar 16 with 4890 viewspaulparker

Kante is brilliant , gets everywhere , wins the ball and never dives in to tackles , for a little fella he has some strength

Marez is so like Adel, the way he can create something out of nothing to win a game

Wes Morgan has also been superb how cahill & smalling are infront of him for the Euros is a mystery

mentions to Payet, Noble, Ali, Kane, vardy , Drinkwater, Willian, Butland, Lukaku, Daniels, Cresswell, Barkley, Alderwield who have all had a very good season

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Footballer of the year on 13:54 - Mar 16 with 4822 viewsNorthernr

Footballer of the year on 12:27 - Mar 16 by paulparker

Kante is brilliant , gets everywhere , wins the ball and never dives in to tackles , for a little fella he has some strength

Marez is so like Adel, the way he can create something out of nothing to win a game

Wes Morgan has also been superb how cahill & smalling are infront of him for the Euros is a mystery

mentions to Payet, Noble, Ali, Kane, vardy , Drinkwater, Willian, Butland, Lukaku, Daniels, Cresswell, Barkley, Alderwield who have all had a very good season

Creswell is absolutely brilliant isn't he? Perfect left back for a modern team - sound defensively, quality going forward. They've now got almost the identical player in looks style and ability for the right with Byram as well.

Of course 'Arry said he liked Cresswell very much and "had a look at the boy when he was at Ipswich". The sentence finished there and nobody ever asks him a proper follow up question so we'll never know what he saw on that look that put him off. Maybe the enormous £3m transfer fee? Maybe his agent wasn't Willie McKay? Maybe we were too busy offering to pay all of Benoit Assou Ekotto's wages for a half-arsd year long stay in that position?

Annoyed me nearly as much as his Standard column last week when he said he knew Dele Alli was a special talent because every time Kevin Hitchcock went to watch Tom play for MK Dons he'd come back absolutely raving about him. Again, no follow up question, so no indication as to why we didn't sign him instead of Leroy Fer who cost twice as much.
Footballer of the year on 14:11 - Mar 16 with 4794 viewsPommyhoop

Footballer of the year on 13:54 - Mar 16 by Northernr

Creswell is absolutely brilliant isn't he? Perfect left back for a modern team - sound defensively, quality going forward. They've now got almost the identical player in looks style and ability for the right with Byram as well.

Of course 'Arry said he liked Cresswell very much and "had a look at the boy when he was at Ipswich". The sentence finished there and nobody ever asks him a proper follow up question so we'll never know what he saw on that look that put him off. Maybe the enormous £3m transfer fee? Maybe his agent wasn't Willie McKay? Maybe we were too busy offering to pay all of Benoit Assou Ekotto's wages for a half-arsd year long stay in that position?

Annoyed me nearly as much as his Standard column last week when he said he knew Dele Alli was a special talent because every time Kevin Hitchcock went to watch Tom play for MK Dons he'd come back absolutely raving about him. Again, no follow up question, so no indication as to why we didn't sign him instead of Leroy Fer who cost twice as much.

He was just lying Norf.
Its what he does.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Footballer of the year on 14:18 - Mar 16 with 4776 viewsWestbourneR

Is Cresswell English? If so he has to be in the squad of for the Euros. Great player, has it all.

Have to say this Leicester and Spurs revival has given the England team plenty more options. We've gone from having Rooney and basically no one else up front to Vardy, Kane, Sturridge, Welbeck, Austin... in fact Rooney might be the odd one out.

The thing is we've now got a team jammed with 8/10 quality players to fill the 1st 11 and bench which is great. No real weak spots, we've even got three great keepers, but we don't really have a single 9/10 player.

All & Barkley look like they might become truly special but then so did Sterling a year and a bit ago.

For me we've crying out for a proper Def Mid and really it has to be Dier. He's nothing special but he nails that job.

Still think Lennon looks a player. Can't understand why he was so bad in that Capello side. Oh yeah - Capello.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Footballer of the year on 14:38 - Mar 16 with 4755 viewspaulparker

Footballer of the year on 13:54 - Mar 16 by Northernr

bang on about Arry he wouldn't even know who deli ali was if he passed him in sandbanks high street , it makes him look good that he could say he spotted the talent before anyone else did
Byram & Cresswell are very good, especially cresswell he has a touch of the Brehme the old Germany left back about him, if he was playing for Spuds or Liverpool woy would have picked him for England, I cannot believe Kieran Gibbs is a head of him in the pecking order

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Footballer of the year on 15:15 - Mar 16 with 4727 viewssimmo

Footballer of the year on 14:38 - Mar 16 by paulparker

bang on about Arry he wouldn't even know who deli ali was if he passed him in sandbanks high street , it makes him look good that he could say he spotted the talent before anyone else did
Byram & Cresswell are very good, especially cresswell he has a touch of the Brehme the old Germany left back about him, if he was playing for Spuds or Liverpool woy would have picked him for England, I cannot believe Kieran Gibbs is a head of him in the pecking order

Never mind 'Arry, I have been banging on about Cresswell since he was at Tranmere. When I think of all the players we should and could have been going for instead of chasing brown envelopes with the likes of Sandro, etc. The Cresswells, George Thornes, Bolasies, Trippiers of this world left to others while we sign Yossi Benayoun and fckin Maiga.

Andrew Robertson is the next one, destined to return to the premier league one way or another, probably worth nearly 10m, bought for less than 3.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Footballer of the year on 18:03 - Mar 16 with 4672 viewsterryb

Footballer of the year on 09:03 - Mar 16 by Northernr

I would think that was the worst Drinkwater has played this season.

My wife laughed when he was awarded MOM as I had stated that he had a mare!

Mind you, he did improve in the last five minutes.

I go along with the op. Kante for me, but I have doubts that he will be in their top six.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024