Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Eddie Jones 13:18 - Mar 18 with 13580 viewsDaiHo0p

I don't like him.
Eddie Jones on 13:21 - Mar 18 with 8004 viewsTheBlob

14....they only had 14....

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Eddie Jones on 13:57 - Mar 18 with 7918 viewsQPRDave

Neither do I ....bloody Aussie b**tard,
Eddie Jones on 14:00 - Mar 18 with 7930 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Eddie Jones on 13:57 - Mar 18 by QPRDave

Neither do I ....bloody Aussie b**tard,

Bad episode for rugby. Anybody who calls this anything other than racism loses credibility immediately, and Jones is talking nonsense today.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Eddie Jones on 14:01 - Mar 18 with 7928 viewskingsburyR

I like him!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Eddie Jones on 14:05 - Mar 18 with 7914 viewsrrrspricey

Horrible little man & I'll like him even less if he turns England into a cohesive unit again.
Eddie Jones on 14:22 - Mar 18 with 7872 viewsBrightonhoop

Marmite. Like Warnock. Great on your side, despised by everyone else. It's life init.
Eddie Jones on 14:24 - Mar 18 with 7862 viewsMonahoop

Lots of football managers have come out in defence of players when they make numbskull remarks, I guess rugby managers are no different really. But there is something rather creepy about Mr Jones. He looks like an eastern European villain out of some 1960's espionage film.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Eddie Jones on 14:28 - Mar 18 with 7850 viewsdaveB

When did Gypsy become racist
Login to get fewer ads

Eddie Jones on 14:33 - Mar 18 with 7828 viewsMonahoop

Eddie Jones on 14:28 - Mar 18 by daveB

Don't know, but who's Gypsy anyway?

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Eddie Jones on 14:55 - Mar 18 with 7761 viewsBlackCrowe

As Brighton says he's marmite. But i think he's transformed England already, and i think we are going to be a force over the next few years - we've certainly got the players coming through. Exciting times i reckon.

Now watch us get tonked by les bleus

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Eddie Jones on 14:56 - Mar 18 with 7760 viewsDaiHo0p

Eddie Jones on 14:24 - Mar 18 by Monahoop

Lots of football managers have come out in defence of players when they make numbskull remarks, I guess rugby managers are no different really. But there is something rather creepy about Mr Jones. He looks like an eastern European villain out of some 1960's espionage film.

Mr Cairo
Eddie Jones on 15:02 - Mar 18 with 7737 viewstimcocking

I'd certainly appreciate it if somebody told him it's inappropriate to refer to journalists in a press conference as 'mate'.
Eddie Jones (n/t) on 15:13 - Mar 18 with 7693 viewsPlanetHonneywood

[Post edited 18 Mar 2016 15:14]

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Eddie Jones on 15:14 - Mar 18 with 7684 viewsPlanetHonneywood

They've always had it in them, but mostly since Guy Ritchie's film, 'Snatch'...which they do a lot of, allegedly!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Eddie Jones on 15:24 - Mar 18 with 7652 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Let's be honest, no one likes England outside of England, and I doubt the Welsh would be kicking up such a fuss if the Italian coach said it.

The remarks are horrible. But let's not turn the player into Donald Trump or Katie Hopkins just yet.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2016 15:44]
Eddie Jones on 15:25 - Mar 18 with 7648 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I think it is, but I get the opposite point that Travellers are not a race. Either way it was derogatory and sectarian in my opinion.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Eddie Jones on 15:28 - Mar 18 with 7632 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Eddie Jones on 15:25 - Mar 18 by BrianMcCarthy

I think it is, but I get the opposite point that Travellers are not a race. Either way it was derogatory and sectarian in my opinion.

When I was a idiot yoof, I called a traveller a Pikey in a pub toilet after some altercation with a mate of mine and was lucky not to have my nut bashed in. Embarrassed about it now.
Eddie Jones on 15:37 - Mar 18 with 7605 viewsSnipper

Eddie Jones on 15:25 - Mar 18 by BrianMcCarthy

Is the Welsh player in question a gypsy?
Eddie Jones on 15:40 - Mar 18 with 7593 viewsBluce_Ree

What exactly did he say? The news is so f**king sensitive about this shit, it won't actually report that bit. It'll talk about every f*cking other thing about it but not what the words were.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Eddie Jones on 15:45 - Mar 18 with 7573 viewsJonDoeman

Anyone who can get Japan to beat the Springboks at Rugby is fcking impressive !!

It Is What It Is !!

Eddie Jones on 15:47 - Mar 18 with 7561 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Eddie Jones on 15:40 - Mar 18 by Bluce_Ree

What exactly did he say? The news is so f**king sensitive about this shit, it won't actually report that bit. It'll talk about every f*cking other thing about it but not what the words were.

Basically, he said Wales are kicking up a fuss about Joe Marler calling Rob Evans 'gypsy boy' because they want to derail England's grand slam attempt.
Eddie Jones on 15:48 - Mar 18 with 7558 viewsHayesender

Eddie Jones on 15:40 - Mar 18 by Bluce_Ree

I think he called him gypsy boy

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Eddie Jones on 15:53 - Mar 18 with 7534 viewsQPRDave

Eddie Jones on 15:47 - Mar 18 by BazzaInTheLoft

Basically, he said Wales are kicking up a fuss about Joe Marler calling Rob Evans 'gypsy boy' because they want to derail England's grand slam attempt.

Sampson Lee he aimed it at I believe
Eddie Jones on 16:35 - Mar 18 with 7458 viewsjamois

I think the world's gone mad. When did it become acceptable for people to get so offended on everyone else's behalf, pitchforks at the ready? Have we nothing better to do in our lives?

Would it be alright for one prop to call another a w*anker in the heat of battle? There's not a race of w*ankers exactly but it's still sectarian, pigeon-holing all these w*ankers and drawing attention to them for what they are - terrible stuff isn't it? What if one prop said to another "white boy" as they locked horns, or "black boy" or "welsh boy" - would this be a problem to the PC brigade?

Samson Lee is proud to be a gypsy and refers to himself as a gypsy. Marler calls him a gypsy (didn't even say gyppo which I would have been more likely to expect) with the intention of having a go, a bit of verbals, designed to cause some kind of disturbance, in the same way w*anker would. Petty and robotic perhaps, not exactly original, somewhat pathetic. Still, I think the airing in the media and social media has caused far more embarrassment as this is where the subtle racism is actually occurring. Every PC outpouring is an admittance of a difference that challenges peoples' identity and values. It's an admittance that people truly feel that gypsies are different, that they live their lives in a way that covertly the PC middle classes don't find acceptable. So magnifying a prop saying gypsy to another prop simply reflects on middle class ignorance and the finespun bigotry that protects everyone's wee castle and garden fence - I'll defend them on bbc sport but wo-betide they set up camp in my village etc etc....

I'm mixed race, been subject to racism (plenty) as a kid and I abhor it. But even I can recognise the difference between some rugby verbals in the scrum that nobody on the pitch is bothered by, and ignorance fuelled bile and hatred being directed between one human being and another. And this is the crux of the matter. We're all humans, born by chance into one territory or community or another. Pure chance. Nobody is any different at the end of the day. To think otherwise is ignorant (see the migrant crisis). I couldn't give a monkey's about petty national borders, organised religions, whatever. All are devices designed to get in the way of true meaning.

Sorry for going off on one, don't know how I got started! As for Eddie Jones - he's just a coach doing a coach's thing. He's not been hired to be a UN politician. He's been hired to make England win stuff and it seems he's doing a good job. We don't have to like or dislike him as a person. Not knowing him personally, yet knowing he's not qualified to for his diplomacy qualities, why would any of us judge him?

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Eddie Jones on 16:37 - Mar 18 with 7450 viewsDiscodroids

Bit gutted that BBC Radio 5 have dropped the story in their sports Bulletins this Afternoon.
The Metronome Presence of it from Sunday morning until lunchtime today was hypnotic. I havent heard The words Marler and gypsy boy for 3 hours now.Cold Turkey job,

They practically interviewed everyone on it this week from Paul Daniels Mrs to George Osborne

Will Carling used to get upset if he wasnt called an English cnt at least 5o times in a game along with the asides of princess di taking it up the arse.

We had a collective of travellers that lived in Brentwood for many years that used to control the drug trade in Brentwood back in the 90's and noughties, They would call themselves the Pikeys and who am i to argue?. We had a drink and a toot with them back in the day and they would call us English this and that.

Has dan cole still got both eyes?
[Post edited 18 Mar 2016 16:40]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024