Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Player of the Year 08:08 - Apr 4 with 2213 viewsCorbyQPR

Tough on this season, I think I'll vote for Smithies. The difference he has made since coming in to the side is huge! Hall for young player.

Wadda you think??
Player of the Year on 08:21 - Apr 4 with 2196 viewsdaveB

Hall for me as he's been god all season, only other contender is Faurlin imo
Player of the Year on 08:58 - Apr 4 with 2171 viewsNW10Hoop

Player of the Year on 08:21 - Apr 4 by daveB

Hall for me as he's been god all season, only other contender is Faurlin imo

Yup me too. Hall or Faurlin. Almost by default though. Others that have done well haven't really had enough game time to warrant consideration in my opinion. Chery, Polter, Hill and Smithies have all been out of the team for huge chunks of the season, while Konchesky, Perch (who has improved at Left Back), Ned, Phillips, and Henry have been fairly omnipresent without massively impressing
Player of the Year on 08:58 - Apr 4 with 2171 viewsaston_hoop

Has to be Hall, most consistent over the course of the season. Young one is tough as Hall is 24 and I always think the young player should be 22 or under. That admittedly doesn't leave us with much! Maybe Petrasso on the basis he has actually played a few games!

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Player of the Year on 09:31 - Apr 4 with 2134 viewsbosh67

Hall. All day long.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Player of the Year on 09:31 - Apr 4 with 2132 viewstimcocking

I was actually wondering about Smithies for it. He certainly couldn't have done much more to be more appreciated in a short time.

If he continues as he's been going for the rest of the season and Grant Hall has a dip in form, it'll be interesting.
Player of the Year on 09:44 - Apr 4 with 2121 viewsadhoc_qpr

Hall for me.

Yet again no deserving young player of the year, because we don't play any of them! I was thinking of Luongo but he's 23 and Polter's 25...

I guess Petrasso will get it by virtue of having at least started a first team game before disappearing never to be seen again.
Player of the Year on 10:12 - Apr 4 with 2087 viewsjohncharles

Hall
Unless Polter gets a couple of hat tricks.

Strong and stable my arse.

Player of the Year on 10:27 - Apr 4 with 2070 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Chery?

If Hoillett didn't have all that back pay to clear i'd offer his name up too.

Hall for me.
Login to get fewer ads

Player of the Year on 10:59 - Apr 4 with 2039 viewskensalriser

Should be passed this season as in truth no one's been consistently good.

Smithies hasn't had a bad game since he became first choice. Chery is most improved. Hall continues to be most overrated.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Player of the Year on 16:47 - Apr 4 with 1916 viewsEsox_Lucius

Hoilett for me, he has been an absolute revelation and back to the player we thought we had bought from Blackburn. Looks like all he needed was a manager who believed in him.

The grass is always greener.

Player of the Year on 16:54 - Apr 4 with 1909 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Sandro for me.

Just starting to take this division by the scruff of the neck and at times, he looked like a world beater.

He was nailed on to start for Brazil in the Euros, until shoddy financial management meant we had to offload him and now he is languishing in the Premiership somewhere.

Boo to bloody Fernandes for that one.

In the absence of Sandro having played enough games, then Hall, obviously!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Player of the Year on 17:07 - Apr 4 with 1896 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Hall. Worthy winner.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Player of the Year on 18:19 - Apr 4 with 1838 viewsDorse

Head says Hall; heart says Polter.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Player of the Year on 00:32 - Apr 5 with 1745 viewswestberksr

Player of the Year on 16:47 - Apr 4 by Esox_Lucius

Hoilett for me, he has been an absolute revelation and back to the player we thought we had bought from Blackburn. Looks like all he needed was a manager who believed in him.

Hoillet's agent/dad for me. Looked at the calendar and realised that his meal ticket was nearly up, told Junior to pull his finger out as the highlight video only had him in the Blackburn strip. Hey presto, after 3 years he suddenly looks almost like the winger that tore us apart nearly 5 years ago!

Hall
Player of the Year on 00:35 - Apr 5 with 1740 viewsNorthernr

Hall for me. Totally unheralded, bought for nothing, exceeded all expectations. I'd have a tidy sum on Smithies getting it next season, as he frequently did at Huddersfield, and would have done for us this year had we not spent the first half of the season costing ourselves the thick end of a dozen points persisting with the idea that Green is still any good at anything.
Player of the Year on 00:55 - Apr 5 with 1728 viewsPunteR

Hall has probably been our most consistent player. I'd quite like Faurlin to win it. Maybe I'm being a bit sentimental, but i think he is in with a shout on merit. Coming back from a career threatening injury not once but 3 times and to be one of our best players who makes us tick in most games is a massive achievement.
Smithies is in with a shout.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Player of the Year on 12:45 - Apr 5 with 1612 viewsNeil_SI

He made a poor mistake on Friday that led to Rhodes scoring for Boro, but for me, Hall still remains streets ahead of the rest of the pack at this stage. We might have expected more of those kind of ropey moments than not, but that we were surprised about it on Friday says something.

Mistakes happen, especially for younger players, and for Hall's first proper season where he's played a lot of matches, more than he or the club expected, he can be thrilled with his progress with us.

It's more tricky for the young player of the year, which I think is usually reserved for players 23 and under, so in that case, for me, it's Massimo Luongo.
Player of the Year on 13:28 - Apr 5 with 1580 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Player of the Year on 10:59 - Apr 4 by kensalriser

Should be passed this season as in truth no one's been consistently good.

Smithies hasn't had a bad game since he became first choice. Chery is most improved. Hall continues to be most overrated.

Yes, that would look good.

''We are not holding a player of the season this year but we are doing the most overrated player''

Oh and Hall gets that for having a couple of bad performances!!
[Post edited 5 Apr 2016 13:29]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024