Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Yes Please 09:50 - Apr 16 with 3611 viewspeejaybee

http://www.westlondonsport.com/features-comment/qpr-transfers-karl-henry

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

Yes Please on 09:59 - Apr 16 with 3577 viewsWatford_Ranger

He's a trier and for that I'm grateful but I'd like to think the plan is to release him and put those wages towards someone less limited and younger.
Yes Please on 10:03 - Apr 16 with 3569 viewsLblock

Start the tractor and I'll drive it!!!

Can't deny his performances of late have been okay (a mere observation but at the END of his Contract), but he's gotta go
We need to replace him with a young energetic hard sod who can also pass the ball forward, has pace and can actually tackle. I don't see KH as a ball winner, he's really just a disruptive screen

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Yes Please on 10:20 - Apr 16 with 3536 viewsLadbrokeR

I feel a Sandro type poll coming on. Discos in
Yes Please on 11:02 - Apr 16 with 3444 viewsbosh67

He's not going to be on the same wages at Ipswich, so he would have to take a wage reduction to go or stay. If we are prepared to pay the same as Ipswich to retain him I would. Like Hill we need a few mature heads and back ups next season and I think Karl does a job for us. I'd like to see Doughty playing the role most weeks next season but if he is out Karl is useful to have around. Plus he's a very good professional and a good influence on the younger players.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Yes Please on 11:28 - Apr 16 with 3384 viewsLongsufferingR

Yes Please on 11:02 - Apr 16 by bosh67

He's not going to be on the same wages at Ipswich, so he would have to take a wage reduction to go or stay. If we are prepared to pay the same as Ipswich to retain him I would. Like Hill we need a few mature heads and back ups next season and I think Karl does a job for us. I'd like to see Doughty playing the role most weeks next season but if he is out Karl is useful to have around. Plus he's a very good professional and a good influence on the younger players.

I agree. As part of a settled, well-drilled side, as it looks like we are heading towards, he can be valuable at this level. As part of a disorganised rabble like we were before Christmas, he's a hopeless as the rest of them were.
Yes Please on 11:32 - Apr 16 with 3375 viewsTHEBUSH

My opinion is, all out of contract players should leave, apart from Clint Hill, maybe as a coach/player.

I think JFH has enough about him to sort out decent replacements, including experienced Championship players.
Yes Please on 11:48 - Apr 16 with 3344 viewsPunteR

I rate Mccarthy as a championship manager. If he thinks Henry can do a job at this level at Ipswich i can't see why Henry can't do it here.
Then again maybe JFH has got someone in mind he wants in that position,i'd be happy for Henry to move aside in that case.
I'm looking forward to JFH team next season.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Yes Please on 18:45 - Apr 16 with 3052 viewsLazyFan

Henry is old and error prone.
If you want experience we can keep Hill and Faurlin. Smithers has also played plenty of games in the Championship as well.

Replace with a youngster and someone with potential. Lets move on thanks.

zzzzzzzzzz

Login to get fewer ads

Yes Please on 19:16 - Apr 16 with 2948 viewsCiderwithRsie

Yes Please on 09:59 - Apr 16 by Watford_Ranger

He's a trier and for that I'm grateful but I'd like to think the plan is to release him and put those wages towards someone less limited and younger.

Agree with every word of that.

But I will say that, if he goes, finding a suitable, preferably better, replacement, is going to be first item on the agenda for Les. Whatever you think of him, this season he's been our best option in that particular slot, and its a crucial one.

Get it right and we could be on the way to a pretty good team at this level, get it wrong and we will be relegation candidates.
Yes Please on 09:46 - Apr 17 with 2546 viewsDANRANGER

Yes Please on 19:16 - Apr 16 by CiderwithRsie

Agree with every word of that.

But I will say that, if he goes, finding a suitable, preferably better, replacement, is going to be first item on the agenda for Les. Whatever you think of him, this season he's been our best option in that particular slot, and its a crucial one.

Get it right and we could be on the way to a pretty good team at this level, get it wrong and we will be relegation candidates.

Depends who plays around him. If his job is just to win the ball and give it to another then he is useful and the experience would be vital if we Bring in a younger player with legs to play alongside. Depends on wages but we can't have 2 kids in there.

Surely if doughty was going to be an option then he would be playing by now. We also need to take the strain from faurlin. Top marks to him to have played as many games as he has. Crucial area for recruitment in the summer.
Yes Please on 10:03 - Apr 17 with 2512 viewsQPR_Jim

Wasn't we supposed to be looking at Emyr Huws from Wigan previously. Don't know if he's a defensive style midfielder but has good experience for a 22 year old.
Yes Please on 11:47 - Apr 17 with 2441 viewsonlyrinmoray

Agree that Karl needs to move on Ideally I would like to see a young squad player come in but not sure they are up to it but if we don't give them a chance will we ever know
There must be another Kante from Leicester out there I always liked Lewis Holtby when he was at Spurs not sure he would be interested in playing in the Championship though
Yes Please on 12:27 - Apr 17 with 2411 viewsfrancisbowles

I know this is stating the obvious but, we should only let go if have found a better player, possibly could be Perch, or if he wants too much.
Yes Please on 21:50 - Apr 17 with 2292 viewsconnell10

Yes Please on 12:27 - Apr 17 by francisbowles

I know this is stating the obvious but, we should only let go if have found a better player, possibly could be Perch, or if he wants too much.

A better player than Karl Henry that shouldn't be hard, me old grandmother would be a better option and she has been dead for twenty years!!!!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Yes Please on 04:47 - Apr 18 with 2181 viewsozexile

Yes Please on 21:50 - Apr 17 by connell10

A better player than Karl Henry that shouldn't be hard, me old grandmother would be a better option and she has been dead for twenty years!!!!

He had some decent games in the prem last year. But time to move on I agree.
Yes Please on 09:15 - Apr 18 with 2078 viewsfrancisbowles

Yes Please on 21:50 - Apr 17 by connell10

I don't think it will be as easy as you say. Henry is a decent solid pro, who covers more yards than most, is always available for the ball and can do a job for the manager. Another decent performance, this time on the right keeping Whitingham quiet on Saturday. Yes he is limited and did have a poor run earlier this season.

If we let him go we need his replacement to provide all the above for the team and have a bit more flair.
Yes Please on 09:33 - Apr 18 with 2044 viewsCiderwithRsie

Yes Please on 09:15 - Apr 18 by francisbowles

I don't think it will be as easy as you say. Henry is a decent solid pro, who covers more yards than most, is always available for the ball and can do a job for the manager. Another decent performance, this time on the right keeping Whitingham quiet on Saturday. Yes he is limited and did have a poor run earlier this season.

If we let him go we need his replacement to provide all the above for the team and have a bit more flair.

You've only got to remember the impact that Gavin Mahon and Sean Derry had to realise that this sort of player can be crucial. To take an altogether classier example, it was years before the club got over the loss of Gary Waddock.

I'm not pretending Henry has been in the same class as any of those, but that's sort of the point - you'd think it would be easy to find a hard working tackler who can make a simple pass, but Henry was apparently the best we could find for our budget at the time.

I think part of the problem is that many players don't want to be that guy - Barton seems to be a much player in a team that tells him that is his job and won't let him pretend to be a midfield general, but pretty clearly that is what he'd rather be even though he's not fitted for it. And tragically we all know how Mick Leach undervalued his own role.
Yes Please on 10:20 - Apr 18 with 2011 viewsaston_hoop

Linked with that Jordan Cousins off of Charlton in the papers apparently (not necessarily a reputable source). Not seen much of him, can he do that job?

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Yes Please on 10:21 - Apr 18 with 2005 viewsNorthernr

Yes Please on 10:20 - Apr 18 by aston_hoop

Linked with that Jordan Cousins off of Charlton in the papers apparently (not necessarily a reputable source). Not seen much of him, can he do that job?

Now that would be a yes please. Great player.
Yes Please on 10:59 - Apr 18 with 1970 viewspaulparker

Cousins would be a very good signing
if not him Bridcutt, Cairney , and maybe a cheeky bid for Westwood at Villa could be decent options

oh and can we also get rid of toszer

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Yes Please on 11:06 - Apr 18 with 1962 viewsAntti_Heinola

Yes Please on 09:33 - Apr 18 by CiderwithRsie

You've only got to remember the impact that Gavin Mahon and Sean Derry had to realise that this sort of player can be crucial. To take an altogether classier example, it was years before the club got over the loss of Gary Waddock.

I'm not pretending Henry has been in the same class as any of those, but that's sort of the point - you'd think it would be easy to find a hard working tackler who can make a simple pass, but Henry was apparently the best we could find for our budget at the time.

I think part of the problem is that many players don't want to be that guy - Barton seems to be a much player in a team that tells him that is his job and won't let him pretend to be a midfield general, but pretty clearly that is what he'd rather be even though he's not fitted for it. And tragically we all know how Mick Leach undervalued his own role.

'Henry was apparently the best we could find for our budget at the time.'

Hmm. Henry was a profoundly strange signing, on good money and for a large fee that had Wolves fans laughing for weeks. He's been ok. Some good games, some utterly dreadful. The last time we were promoted from this league he barely got a game because he just didn't have the dynamism you need to go and win games when the other team is on the defensive.
I *might* give him one more year on vastly reduced wages, but that's it. Suspect money will dictate he'll go.

Norf, I bet that story about the Charlton midfielder originated by people on here saying he'd be a good signing ;)

Bare bones.

Yes Please on 11:14 - Apr 18 with 1952 viewsrsonist

I'll be okay with whatever JFH decides as far as Hardcore Henry goes - I should imagine whatever his influence is in the dressing room will be a main factor.
Yes Please on 11:28 - Apr 18 with 1933 views1BobbyHazell

If we have a couple of bob to spend in the summer then a younger, faster, technically more efficient and confident on the ball player should not be that hard to find and ought to be a real priority. The performances of the likes of Bridcutt and that Middlesborough lad whose name escapes me against us in recent weeks shows what we need to be aiming for in terms of progressing the team in that position.

On a slight aside he was played as a right wing yesterday which was a little disappointing. It would have been nice to see Petrasso, ELK, Gladwin or even Washington given a shot. Suffice to say with him and Ned down that line we created absolutely nothing. It made us ridiculously easy to nullify.

The percentage of times that he either looks to immediately pass backwards to just lay it off and then not look to make himself instantly available OR does his appalling 9 iron loft into a channel that may or may not have a player in it are way too high to make him an effective enough player in a team looking to progress.

Surely a match where we rested our in form keeper (proving that it was not all about the result yesterday) seems a decent time to try something a tad more adventurous with a younger more attacking player on the wing? Plus a chance for them to gain experience on the defensive side of things helping Ned with Whittingham.

I'm voting out on the Hexit issue. No malice, nothing personal, time to move on.
Yes Please on 12:05 - Apr 18 with 1876 viewsrsonist

Lol Hexit.

I'm struggling to think what the last successful team in this division was that had a purely destructive player in the middle every week. Defending is a team responsibility. To be fair JFH seems to be well aware of that.
Yes Please on 19:56 - Apr 18 with 1779 viewsCiderwithRsie

Yes Please on 11:06 - Apr 18 by Antti_Heinola

'Henry was apparently the best we could find for our budget at the time.'

Hmm. Henry was a profoundly strange signing, on good money and for a large fee that had Wolves fans laughing for weeks. He's been ok. Some good games, some utterly dreadful. The last time we were promoted from this league he barely got a game because he just didn't have the dynamism you need to go and win games when the other team is on the defensive.
I *might* give him one more year on vastly reduced wages, but that's it. Suspect money will dictate he'll go.

Norf, I bet that story about the Charlton midfielder originated by people on here saying he'd be a good signing ;)

Well, fair point, I wouldn't try to claim that any of our signings in that era were financially good sense.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024