Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hillsborough 11:27 - Apr 26 with 18060 viewsE17hoop

The truth seems to be finally out.

JFT96

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

Hillsborough on 11:38 - Apr 26 with 5424 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Bigger questions now, in the aftermath when the 'official' line was punted out, who knew what and how high up did the cover up go?

I suspect it will tumble like a deck of cards. I'd be surprised if it didn't go right up to the top!

Years back, a certain Norman Bettinson gave evidence against a client of mine. I have never sat through such an oily display. Nothing surprised me about what has subsequently come to light about his role in the days after the tragedy.

Hillsborough, we might also want to reconsider such things as Orgreave, Miners strike, Poll Tax riots right the way through to Chilcott and the Brazilian lad that was shot.

Bad day for the Establishment, good one for the rest of us if there is some action actually taken.

Let's hope the families finally get closure on this.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Hillsborough on 11:41 - Apr 26 with 5404 viewssimmo

Justice at last, I'm really pleased for the families who have had to face utter bullshit for nearly 30 years.

Let's hope that the people behind this now face prosecution and shitcnt rags like The Sun are made to suffer.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Hillsborough on 11:42 - Apr 26 with 5401 viewsjohncharles

I blame Thatcher.
For the cover up anyway. South Yorkshire Police were her darlings, did her bidding during the miners strike. She owed them a favour or two.

Strong and stable my arse.

Hillsborough on 11:45 - Apr 26 with 5394 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Hillsborough on 11:42 - Apr 26 by johncharles

I blame Thatcher.
For the cover up anyway. South Yorkshire Police were her darlings, did her bidding during the miners strike. She owed them a favour or two.

Yup, that has long since been suspected. Let's hope this doesn't go the way of Chilcott and the pedophile scandals where the passage of time is used to delay justice.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!

Hillsborough on 11:55 - Apr 26 with 5344 viewsqpr85

Hillsborough on 11:45 - Apr 26 by PlanetHonneywood

Yup, that has long since been suspected. Let's hope this doesn't go the way of Chilcott and the pedophile scandals where the passage of time is used to delay justice.

I am happy for the families if they feel this is justice.

I just can't help but feel it's a bit hollow especially as the Liverpool fans have been completely vindicated of fault. The exit gates were opened and they stormed the gates so they are not completely blameless.

I feel the jury has been swayed massively because this has dragged on for nearly 30 years, but as this has been a cover up I suppose it is good it's only been 27 years since the truth has come out.
Hillsborough on 11:56 - Apr 26 with 5342 viewspaulparker

I do hope the families get the closure they are looking for , imagine going to football and never coming back again

South Yorkshire Police are a disgrace and anyone who has been to Sheff wed or Utd will tell you what they are all about, the worst police force in the country
the fella in charge made an error that day , not deliberately but because he panicked he should have fessed up and didn't, him and the rest covered it up and that is a disgrace & for what his pension ? same could be said for successive governments who helped cover up the disaster and who blamed it squarely on the fans

also the FA are to blame to, fancy holding the Liverpool fans it that end, surely the Kop at the other end would have made sense, they knew the crushes that happened in the 81 & 87 cup finals it was a disaster waiting to happen , how the hell can you have one ambulance

saying that Liverpool fans have to share the blame to , those who went in the day will tell you how a lot of there fans and I mean a lot would never pay and Jib there way into grounds those poor sods who died were the ones who got there at 2.30 who got a place at the front ,they were crushed because Liverpools fans had been used to steaming there way in for the big games
Yes Liverpool fans were let down by the authorities big time , but they shouldn't be absolved from blame

all in all its tragic , I actually remember coming home from our game 0-0 a boring one with Boro and hearing what had happened, most thought it was another Heysel little did we know this would change football forever

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Hillsborough on 12:04 - Apr 26 with 5302 viewsrobith

How to cover something up 101. Play to people's tribalism and watch them scrabble around in the dirt fighting each other, while you peddle a lie so repeatedly that even when it is demonstrably proven to be false, people still repeat it.

Glad the families have been vindicated in the face of enormous hostility, which they carried themselves against with tremendous dignity and determination. I hope it gives them some semblance of the peace they deserve.
Hillsborough on 12:05 - Apr 26 with 5300 viewsPlanetHonneywood

That day when leaving HQ, I suspect a lot of us felt that Liverpool fans played some role.

Not necessarily those with tickets, but the Scallies with out. The fact is, when handling crowds, you cannot expect huge numbers to display maturity as one. In fact, there is some research out there that suggests; the average age of large groups under stress etc. descends to age 3!

That is why, authorities, venue owners etc. are under a duty to manage events effectively and safely.

Now I was of the view that the 'ticketless' fans contributed. The fans with tickets rushing in cannot be held accountable, as the decisions today show the venue, planning and contingency arrangements failed.

Now if we accept those decisions, then whatever thoughts we may have had about the role of Liverpool fans also has to be reconsidered in view of the fact that the nine people who sat through all the evidence have made their decision.

That's is one of a number of decisions today and we've got to accept and respect that.

Login to get fewer ads

Hillsborough on 12:20 - Apr 26 with 5232 viewsBrightonhoop

Hillsborough on 11:41 - Apr 26 by simmo

Justice at last, I'm really pleased for the families who have had to face utter bullshit for nearly 30 years.

Let's hope that the people behind this now face prosecution and shitcnt rags like The Sun are made to suffer.

The only way to hurt the Sun is to stop buying it, so it's advertising revenues collapse and Murdoch spins it off. Those cnts have targetted working people for decades and spun establishment bull and need to be hung out to dry, so all, please, dont ever buy a Murdoch product again right across the range. For the 96, it could of been us, let's leave a very clear mark in the sand.
Hillsborough on 12:20 - Apr 26 with 5227 viewsRangersw12

Hillsborough on 11:55 - Apr 26 by qpr85

I am happy for the families if they feel this is justice.

I just can't help but feel it's a bit hollow especially as the Liverpool fans have been completely vindicated of fault. The exit gates were opened and they stormed the gates so they are not completely blameless.

I feel the jury has been swayed massively because this has dragged on for nearly 30 years, but as this has been a cover up I suppose it is good it's only been 27 years since the truth has come out.

Glad the families have got some "justice" and which will hopefully see people prosecuted

Regarding blame towards Liverpool's fans it was always going to go one way and even if the jury had laid some blame at Liverpool fans they would of had another review until they were absolved
Hillsborough on 12:21 - Apr 26 with 5223 viewsrunningman75

I hope the Sun prints a front page apology tomorrow to Liverpool fans.
Hillsborough on 12:33 - Apr 26 with 5172 viewsjonno

Hillsborough on 12:05 - Apr 26 by PlanetHonneywood

That day when leaving HQ, I suspect a lot of us felt that Liverpool fans played some role.

Not necessarily those with tickets, but the Scallies with out. The fact is, when handling crowds, you cannot expect huge numbers to display maturity as one. In fact, there is some research out there that suggests; the average age of large groups under stress etc. descends to age 3!

That is why, authorities, venue owners etc. are under a duty to manage events effectively and safely.

Now I was of the view that the 'ticketless' fans contributed. The fans with tickets rushing in cannot be held accountable, as the decisions today show the venue, planning and contingency arrangements failed.

Now if we accept those decisions, then whatever thoughts we may have had about the role of Liverpool fans also has to be reconsidered in view of the fact that the nine people who sat through all the evidence have made their decision.

That's is one of a number of decisions today and we've got to accept and respect that.

Exactly. The jury has indicated that the fans were entirely blameless so I can't understand why there are people on here posting that they were not.
Hillsborough on 12:38 - Apr 26 with 5143 viewsqprxtc

Hillsborough on 12:33 - Apr 26 by jonno

Exactly. The jury has indicated that the fans were entirely blameless so I can't understand why there are people on here posting that they were not.

Because for some hatred of Scousers is more important than justice for 96 dead football fans.
Hillsborough on 12:45 - Apr 26 with 5104 viewsessextaxiboy

The jury heard everything so the fans are exonerated .You cant blame some for having doubts. Liverpool have form after Heysel .
Hillsborough on 12:51 - Apr 26 with 5052 viewspaulparker

"Not necessarily those with tickets, but the Scallies with out. The fact is, when handling crowds, you cannot expect huge numbers to display maturity as one. In fact, there is some research out there that suggests; the average age of large groups under stress etc. descends to age 3! "

" That is why, authorities, venue owners etc. are under a duty to manage events effectively and safely.""

which is relevant in todays world where you have security companies, stewards, trained paramedics the whole lot
back in 89 and before there was none of that , go back to cup finals before fans of not only just Liverpool would steam gates, jump the wall , etc not only football fans but people at raves or concerts to would have the same pact mentality of jibbing in
also you would have people who were never properly trained hosting events in that era
there were no medics , no stewards, , go back in time to say QPR vs Chelsea 27k at HQ , you had 2 old boys who were in the st johns ambulance that was it
Liverpool's fans didn't directly go out to kill people like the establishment have made out
but unknowingly that did have a part to play that day, its just they were let down by the police, the FA , the Government who didn't give 2 sh1ts about football fans, ravers, concert goers, demonstrators

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Hillsborough on 12:51 - Apr 26 with 5051 viewsBrightonhoop

Hillsborough on 12:45 - Apr 26 by essextaxiboy

The jury heard everything so the fans are exonerated .You cant blame some for having doubts. Liverpool have form after Heysel .

Doubts are exactly that. on-evidence based conjecture with no basis in fact. The Sun slightly over-egged it, supporters beating up police delivering resuss, supporters urinating on police, supporters pick pocketing the dead......an absolute slur on the whole football community, not just Liverpool supporters. It could have been us.
And today? The next generation of criminals in government, supported by the Sun, are targetting Junior Doctors and and the BMA as 'extremists.'
So never mind the facts. Carry on.
Hillsborough on 12:54 - Apr 26 with 5021 viewsstowmarketrange

We ALL used to do the same at away grounds and still do.We get to the nearest pub and drink until 2.55 and expect to still be able to see the start of the match.The difference now is that there are seats replacing terraces and fences.
We had the same situation at Loftus Road last month with Birmingham fans,but luckily there were no serious injuries.
No venue in the world could cope with very large numbers turning up 5 minutes before the show and allow everyone in safely for the start of that show.

The authorities must take the majority of the blame,but every fan who arrived late was also a contributory factor in the loss of 96 innocent people.IF there were fans who tried to get in without tickets,their role will never be mentioned,and IF they are still around,their actions must also weigh on their consciences.
I used to turn at 2.55 myself and expect to get in see the Rangers ko,but luckily it never caused the problems that occurred at Hillsborough on that horrible day.
Hillsborough on 12:56 - Apr 26 with 5002 viewsessextaxiboy

Hillsborough on 12:51 - Apr 26 by Brightonhoop

Doubts are exactly that. on-evidence based conjecture with no basis in fact. The Sun slightly over-egged it, supporters beating up police delivering resuss, supporters urinating on police, supporters pick pocketing the dead......an absolute slur on the whole football community, not just Liverpool supporters. It could have been us.
And today? The next generation of criminals in government, supported by the Sun, are targetting Junior Doctors and and the BMA as 'extremists.'
So never mind the facts. Carry on.

Are you insinuating that I have doubts? .You will have to show me where I posted that.
Hillsborough on 12:57 - Apr 26 with 4991 viewsjohncharles

Hillsborough on 12:45 - Apr 26 by essextaxiboy

I watched the whole Heysel disaster unfold live on TV. It was pretty clear that the trouble was kicked off by the Juventus fans. They crossed into the Liverpool section but got the worst of the ensuing battle. They were then sent packing by the the scousers. Having said that, both sides were up for it and both sides were to blame. Liverpool and English got punished and Italian clubs got Scot free. Why ? Much the same reasons as the Hilsborough tragedy. The press, the FA and the government falling over themselves to accept the blame on behalf of English football.

Strong and stable my arse.

Hillsborough on 13:01 - Apr 26 with 4961 viewsstowmarketrange

Hillsborough on 12:51 - Apr 26 by paulparker

"Not necessarily those with tickets, but the Scallies with out. The fact is, when handling crowds, you cannot expect huge numbers to display maturity as one. In fact, there is some research out there that suggests; the average age of large groups under stress etc. descends to age 3! "

" That is why, authorities, venue owners etc. are under a duty to manage events effectively and safely.""

which is relevant in todays world where you have security companies, stewards, trained paramedics the whole lot
back in 89 and before there was none of that , go back to cup finals before fans of not only just Liverpool would steam gates, jump the wall , etc not only football fans but people at raves or concerts to would have the same pact mentality of jibbing in
also you would have people who were never properly trained hosting events in that era
there were no medics , no stewards, , go back in time to say QPR vs Chelsea 27k at HQ , you had 2 old boys who were in the st johns ambulance that was it
Liverpool's fans didn't directly go out to kill people like the establishment have made out
but unknowingly that did have a part to play that day, its just they were let down by the police, the FA , the Government who didn't give 2 sh1ts about football fans, ravers, concert goers, demonstrators

I was part of the convoy of lorries at the Finsbury Park music festival last July,and we had to wait around totes sport the stage back to the USA in containers.I got there about 6.30ish and I saw maybe 100 people climbing over the outside rails to get inside the cordon.There was nobody to stop them doing it.Imagine if that had been a football stadium with fences at the front and could have caused a similar crush to the one seen at Hillsborough.
Hillsborough on 13:02 - Apr 26 with 4944 viewsBrightonhoop

Hillsborough on 12:54 - Apr 26 by stowmarketrange

We ALL used to do the same at away grounds and still do.We get to the nearest pub and drink until 2.55 and expect to still be able to see the start of the match.The difference now is that there are seats replacing terraces and fences.
We had the same situation at Loftus Road last month with Birmingham fans,but luckily there were no serious injuries.
No venue in the world could cope with very large numbers turning up 5 minutes before the show and allow everyone in safely for the start of that show.

The authorities must take the majority of the blame,but every fan who arrived late was also a contributory factor in the loss of 96 innocent people.IF there were fans who tried to get in without tickets,their role will never be mentioned,and IF they are still around,their actions must also weigh on their consciences.
I used to turn at 2.55 myself and expect to get in see the Rangers ko,but luckily it never caused the problems that occurred at Hillsborough on that horrible day.

Rubbish. It's an inconvenient truth, and one the State would prefer to maintain, however they have been cleared by a Jury listening to evidence for the past two years, and considering verdicts since April 6th. What the state did, with the Sun, and south yorks police, very succesfuly was to peddle a lie for decades so it became 'the truth.'

Today, supporters were exonerated from contributing to the unlawful killing of 96 supporters.
Hillsborough on 13:05 - Apr 26 with 4928 viewsstowmarketrange

Hillsborough on 12:57 - Apr 26 by johncharles

I watched the whole Heysel disaster unfold live on TV. It was pretty clear that the trouble was kicked off by the Juventus fans. They crossed into the Liverpool section but got the worst of the ensuing battle. They were then sent packing by the the scousers. Having said that, both sides were up for it and both sides were to blame. Liverpool and English got punished and Italian clubs got Scot free. Why ? Much the same reasons as the Hilsborough tragedy. The press, the FA and the government falling over themselves to accept the blame on behalf of English football.

Do you think that if 39 Liverpool fans had died instead of Italian ones that Uefa wouldn't have banned the Italian clubs from European competitions?
Or maybe it was the trouble that was mainly caused by English clubs's fans over a 15 year period beforehand?
Hillsborough on 13:13 - Apr 26 with 4873 viewsstowmarketrange

Hillsborough on 13:02 - Apr 26 by Brightonhoop

Rubbish. It's an inconvenient truth, and one the State would prefer to maintain, however they have been cleared by a Jury listening to evidence for the past two years, and considering verdicts since April 6th. What the state did, with the Sun, and south yorks police, very succesfuly was to peddle a lie for decades so it became 'the truth.'

Today, supporters were exonerated from contributing to the unlawful killing of 96 supporters.

Did you go to football matches in the 70's and 80's?
It was very lucky that there weren't more disasters similar to Hillsborough.
In the 1986 Merseyside cup final at Wembley there were fans climbing up the outside walls to get in to see the game.In Instanbul fans without tickets stormed the gates to get in free.

The innocent 96 were let down by the authorities mostly,but they were partly slain by the conditions that existed at football at the time,and still do sometimes.
Who do you blame for the Birmingham incident earlier this year?
Hillsborough on 13:18 - Apr 26 with 4834 viewsBrightonhoop

Hillsborough on 13:13 - Apr 26 by stowmarketrange

Did you go to football matches in the 70's and 80's?
It was very lucky that there weren't more disasters similar to Hillsborough.
In the 1986 Merseyside cup final at Wembley there were fans climbing up the outside walls to get in to see the game.In Instanbul fans without tickets stormed the gates to get in free.

The innocent 96 were let down by the authorities mostly,but they were partly slain by the conditions that existed at football at the time,and still do sometimes.
Who do you blame for the Birmingham incident earlier this year?

Yes I did, most saturdays all over the country.

Were you present at Hillsborough, on that day, and if not why do you pursue what the Jury has already concluded? Do you also conclude they weren't unlawfully killed as well?
Hillsborough on 13:25 - Apr 26 with 4798 viewsexiled_dictator

i remember that day very well
it was the day my brother got the keys to his first property
we were in there having a first look at the place, and there was a television in there
don't know whose it was, but it was on, and we were watching the game
very surreal seeing people being stretchered onto the pitch using advertising hoarding
probably saw dead people too

never understood the need to blame the liverpool fans, so that the police could be seen as having done the right thing when it was clear for all to see that they were the ones at fault
a jury has now determined that the liverpool fans did not contribute to the danger that day, yet despite all the evidence, people are still trying to say the very opposite
a decision has finally been reached, that may help 96 families try and continue with their lives

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024