Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Half decent tv 06:36 - Apr 29 with 547258 viewsLadbrokeR

I watched the last episode of line of duty and thought that was good. Undercover has finally grabbed by attention. I quite like some of the investigative programmes Stacey Dooley does. However I can't wait for the next series of people just do nothing.
Half decent tv on 07:13 - Jul 10 with 5818 viewsdistortR

Half decent tv on 13:04 - Jun 19 by MrSheen

Bit of a strange one here. I was on my Amazon Prime account this week and I noticed there is a channel called "The Great Courses". They used to advertise on podcasts a few years ago, when they wanted you to sign up for about £100 for an online filmed college lecture series. They seem to have lowered their expectations and have put hundreds of them on Prime for £5.49 a month.

Although they were only filmed about 2014, they already look terrible - imagine Open University lectures from the 1970s remade by a Christian TV channel, with a series of middle-aged gargoyle profs in sports jackets and slacks shuffling across a hotel reception to look at either camera in turn. But the content (based on three I have on the go so far) is fantastic. For example, one of the three (the other two are American History from the Civil War to WW1 and Introductory Electronics!) is on Gnosticism, a mystical form of early Christianity. I'd vaguely heard of it, but knew nothing and probably cared less, but I'm riveted by it, including the idea that the Earth was created by an imperfect lesser God called Ialdabaoth. Who knew?

There are hundreds of courses on there. Have a look.

No. I've worked out that the more I learn, the less I seem to know.

Down with that sort of thing.
Half decent tv on 17:04 - Jul 22 with 5695 viewsToast_R

Just found Once Upon A Time in Iraq on BBC iPlayer.

Excellent 5 part doc worth the time. Bush really f*cked up that place. Those poor people.
Half decent tv on 09:39 - Jul 23 with 5587 viewsPhildo

The Plot against America is very good indeed.
Half decent tv on 09:58 - Jul 23 with 5565 viewsOutWestR

Half decent tv on 17:04 - Jul 22 by Toast_R

Just found Once Upon A Time in Iraq on BBC iPlayer.

Excellent 5 part doc worth the time. Bush really f*cked up that place. Those poor people.

Agree. Superb piece of television. What a mess.
Half decent tv on 12:11 - Jul 23 with 5516 viewskensalriser

Hard but essential viewing. Seems as though it was Bush's envoy who really set the dominos of shit tumbling rather than the actual invasion.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Half decent tv on 12:48 - Jul 23 with 5487 viewsrobith

Just over halfway through I May Destroy You. It's incredible.

Both seasons of Dark Side of the Ring are on All4 - even if you don't know anything about wrestling, they're brilliantly compelling documentaries. The Benoit two parter is essential viewing
Half decent tv on 14:49 - Jul 23 with 5459 viewsDiscodroids

'Plot against America' and 'I know this much is true', both really good. Only just caught up with 'white house farm' from earlier in the year, (Jeremy Bamber murders), which was good also.

Thought the last series of 'Westworld' was a load of chickpea laden rough cut shit.
[Post edited 23 Jul 2020 14:51]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Half decent tv on 22:24 - Jul 27 with 5349 viewstraininvain

Another plug for the Plot Against America. Philip Roth book adapted by the writers of the Wire.

Plenty of parallels with stuff going on today in the US and around the world.
Login to get fewer ads

Half decent tv on 09:29 - Jul 28 with 5292 viewsPhildo

watched 'Father soldier son' a netflix documentary about an all american soldier with two young sons filmed over 10 years. Best not to give any more away as some surprising things happen to them over time. Very very good.
Half decent tv on 15:30 - Jul 29 with 5194 viewsSharpy36

"Soft white underbelly" interviews on Youtube.

Majority of the interviews are from residents of LA, particularly those from Skid row and gang areas. Some are from further a field including the offspring of inbreeding.

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

Half decent tv on 17:32 - Jul 29 with 5161 viewsR_from_afar

I caught a bit of "The last wave" on BBC4 last night. Very promising, from what I saw.
https://thekillingtimestv.wordpress.com/2020/07/16/bbc-four-confirms-transmissio

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Half decent tv on 15:18 - Jul 30 with 5068 viewsRanger_Things

New series of Last Chance U on Netflix.
Half decent tv on 15:26 - Jul 30 with 5032 viewstimcocking

This is probably the best programme..

Half decent tv on 16:15 - Jul 30 with 5002 viewslarsricchi

We're nearly caught up on Ozark (outstanding but the tension really does a number on me, I must admit) and looking ahead for our next show. One of my mates recommended ZeroZeroZero–anyone familiar?

Also, I'm sure I'm not the only one who adds a title to the queue and then leaves it sit for months/years? I finally crossed off one such film the other night: Dead Man's Line. Wish I hadn't waited so long. I'm not old enough (nor am I an Indiana native) to be familiar with the story before now.

Half decent tv on 15:50 - Aug 24 with 4834 viewsPinnerPaul

Resurrecting this thread to give a 'shout out' to the 3rd series of Mortimer and Whitehouse Go Fishing that started last night on BBC 2.

1st episode of this series just as superb as the previous 12 from the first two

Great stuff!
Half decent tv on 15:57 - Aug 24 with 4832 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Really enjoying 'Harlots' on the iplayer.

"I'm the Duchess of Quim" Glorious.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Half decent tv on 16:16 - Aug 24 with 4810 viewsMrSheen

Half decent tv on 15:18 - Jul 30 by Ranger_Things

New series of Last Chance U on Netflix.

Is Coach Beam a saint or an *rsehole? I keep changing my mind.
Half decent tv on 16:48 - Aug 24 with 4769 viewsPhildo

Half decent tv on 16:16 - Aug 24 by MrSheen

Is Coach Beam a saint or an *rsehole? I keep changing my mind.

I liked him - compared to Jason Brown? They are going to do basketball next season
Half decent tv on 17:25 - Aug 24 with 4739 viewsMrSheen

Half decent tv on 16:48 - Aug 24 by Phildo

I liked him - compared to Jason Brown? They are going to do basketball next season

...compared to Jason Brown? Not sure anyone fails that test.
Half decent tv on 23:00 - Aug 29 with 4604 viewsRanger_Things

Cobra Kai. Originally on YouTube but now on Netflix.

Follow up to the Karate Kid and actually pretty good. Honestly.
Half decent tv on 10:24 - Sep 7 with 4461 viewsChrisNW6

Half decent tv on 23:00 - Aug 29 by Ranger_Things

Cobra Kai. Originally on YouTube but now on Netflix.

Follow up to the Karate Kid and actually pretty good. Honestly.

The Mrs and I just binged Season 1 of Cobra Kai and really enjoyed it. Loads of 80s throwbacks and each episode is only 30mins. Very funny and it doesn't take itself to seriously.
Half decent tv on 09:28 - Sep 8 with 4390 viewsPhildo

All or nothing is good value so far. A couple of funny highlights include Jose telling the sky sports news crowd on to to fk off when they say he is past it and Danny Rose having a full hissy fit then asking Levy if Milan are interested in him - err no Dan. Jose comes off as very likeable
Half decent tv on 09:38 - Sep 8 with 4374 viewsdaveB

Half decent tv on 09:28 - Sep 8 by Phildo

All or nothing is good value so far. A couple of funny highlights include Jose telling the sky sports news crowd on to to fk off when they say he is past it and Danny Rose having a full hissy fit then asking Levy if Milan are interested in him - err no Dan. Jose comes off as very likeable

yeah Jose is annoying coming across as alright, only seen the first 4 so far but him telling everyone his dog had died on Christmas eve was equally weird and lovable.
Half decent tv on 09:40 - Sep 8 with 4373 viewsdaveB

There is a show on ITV next week worth a watch, 3 part Drama called Des about serial killer Des Nilsen, I got to see it early through work and is very good. Daniel Mays and David Tennent are in it. Starts 9pm on Monday and on Tuesday and Wednesday as well
Half decent tv on 10:19 - Sep 8 with 4345 viewsMrSheen

Half decent tv on 09:40 - Sep 8 by daveB

There is a show on ITV next week worth a watch, 3 part Drama called Des about serial killer Des Nilsen, I got to see it early through work and is very good. Daniel Mays and David Tennent are in it. Starts 9pm on Monday and on Tuesday and Wednesday as well

I'll have to see that. DN lived down the road from my grandparents in Cricklewood, we used to walk past his house every week. When the police dug up the garden after his arrest, my Dad got the job of putting the fences back. He said a young couple had bought his old flat there three weeks before his arrest and just finished decorating when the police tore it apart.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024