Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Half decent tv 06:36 - Apr 29 with 546996 viewsLadbrokeR

I watched the last episode of line of duty and thought that was good. Undercover has finally grabbed by attention. I quite like some of the investigative programmes Stacey Dooley does. However I can't wait for the next series of people just do nothing.
Half decent tv on 20:18 - Mar 4 with 6416 viewsRanger_Things

The Terror on iPlayer. Ridley Scott's mind filling in the gaps of the story about the failed search for the North West Arctic Passage in 1845.
Half decent tv on 23:16 - Mar 4 with 6309 viewsLythamR

Half decent tv on 21:02 - Mar 3 by 2Thomas2Bowles

The Terror just stating on BBC 2
Been looking forward to this, hope it's good.

Ive read all the books on this and have been really looking forward to it, its been available to purchase on Amazon for £24.99 for over a year and only a couple of days ago I nearly gave in and bought it so delighted that same night to see the advert for the BBC screening. Have seen the first couple of episodes and thought they were excellent, my only gripe is there a fair bit of history between some of the officers which hasnt been revealed by the flashbacks but I think its 8 episodes in all so plenty of time i guess
Half decent tv on 23:31 - Mar 4 with 6305 viewsGaryT

Half decent tv on 21:02 - Mar 3 by 2Thomas2Bowles

The Terror just stating on BBC 2
Been looking forward to this, hope it's good.

Reviews online suggest not to bother with season 2. I've not watched any of it but just a heads up not to get too excited for the 2nd season.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2708480/reviews?sort=submissionDate&dir=desc&am

By accident I bumped into the series of Get Shorty. Chris O'Dowd as the lovable gangster who prefers shooting films rather than people. I nice change of pace for him and worth a watch if you can find it.
Half decent tv on 09:23 - Mar 5 with 6193 views2Thomas2Bowles

Half decent tv on 23:16 - Mar 4 by LythamR

Ive read all the books on this and have been really looking forward to it, its been available to purchase on Amazon for £24.99 for over a year and only a couple of days ago I nearly gave in and bought it so delighted that same night to see the advert for the BBC screening. Have seen the first couple of episodes and thought they were excellent, my only gripe is there a fair bit of history between some of the officers which hasnt been revealed by the flashbacks but I think its 8 episodes in all so plenty of time i guess

A well-made drama, with a lot of fiction and some facts.

10 parts.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Half decent tv on 14:40 - Mar 5 with 6172 viewsPinnerPaul

Half decent tv on 21:01 - Mar 3 by 2Thomas2Bowles

I liked it more than I thought I would

See if you can find the 1st series, that's excellent as well.
Half decent tv on 22:06 - Mar 7 with 6036 viewsBrianMcCarthy

'Community' on Netflix is far better than I thought it would be. Good characters and some great lines. Really growing on me.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Half decent tv on 19:42 - Mar 10 with 5899 viewsRanger_Things

Last Chance U, Basketball on Netflix. I really liked the previous seasons following College American football teams. Couple of episodes in, decent so far.
Half decent tv on 20:45 - Mar 10 with 5857 viewsozexile

Tin Star with Tim Roth, very good.
Login to get fewer ads

Half decent tv on 21:19 - Mar 10 with 5828 viewsMrSheen

Half decent tv on 20:18 - Mar 4 by Ranger_Things

The Terror on iPlayer. Ridley Scott's mind filling in the gaps of the story about the failed search for the North West Arctic Passage in 1845.

Quite enjoying it so far, but can’t believe it’s the same Greta Scacchi who wore out the rewind button on my VCR remotes in the 80s. Fair play to her for not getting cosmetic surgery.
Half decent tv on 11:35 - Mar 31 with 5634 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Has anyone mentioned this?

It's on the iplayer. I was aware of the story but didn't know many were kids. It made me jump a bit as well.

Brilliant film.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Half decent tv on 11:59 - Mar 31 with 5604 viewstraininvain

Half decent tv on 19:42 - Mar 10 by Ranger_Things

Last Chance U, Basketball on Netflix. I really liked the previous seasons following College American football teams. Couple of episodes in, decent so far.

Great series. The ending was absolutely gutting and not for the reasons that you might expect!
Half decent tv on 12:05 - Mar 31 with 5598 viewsozexile

Half decent tv on 20:45 - Mar 10 by ozexile

Tin Star with Tim Roth, very good.

Series 1 is great. Series 2 and 3 are a dogs breakfast.
Half decent tv on 21:35 - Apr 9 with 5476 viewsRanger_Things

Falcon and the Winter Soldier on Disney. Big budget Marvel series. Enjoyable nonsense.
Half decent tv on 23:37 - Apr 17 with 5329 viewsMrSheen

Watching Collective (Collectiv) on BBC4, a documentary about a healthcare scandal in Romania. Absolutely extraordinary, we can argue about the issues later, but you have to see it. All-too-rare glance of a fascinating country, but hardly a flattering one.
Half decent tv on 09:01 - Apr 18 with 5247 viewsRanger_Things

Half decent tv on 23:37 - Apr 17 by MrSheen

Watching Collective (Collectiv) on BBC4, a documentary about a healthcare scandal in Romania. Absolutely extraordinary, we can argue about the issues later, but you have to see it. All-too-rare glance of a fascinating country, but hardly a flattering one.

That sounds decent. Will give it a go.

Another documentary; Greta, A year to change the world (3 episodes) on iPlayer. A bit of crossover from the 'I am Greta' film but still an interesting insight into her mindset mixed with environmental issues.
[Post edited 18 Apr 2021 9:08]
Half decent tv on 13:51 - May 2 with 5071 viewsstevec

Good job Noel Clarke wasn’t in Line of Duty.

For those wondering what happened to the final part of Viewpoint, you can catch it on ITV Hub, Friday section though it’ll be removed later today I believe.
Half decent tv on 19:40 - May 2 with 4959 viewsYokelR

Watched a series called The Hunter on Sky (think it's also on Ch4). About the real life story to bring down the mafia. Very good.
Half decent tv on 12:02 - May 10 with 4808 viewsMetallica_Hoop

The new Mark Felton video is fascinating. (didn't know where to put it so chucked it here)

Half decent tv on 22:33 - May 12 with 4643 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Mare of Easttown on Sky is quality.

Kate Winslet is a cop in small-town America investigating a murder. Some great characters and top-notch acting.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Half decent tv on 23:06 - May 12 with 4612 viewsMrSheen

Half decent tv on 22:33 - May 12 by BrianMcCarthy

Mare of Easttown on Sky is quality.

Kate Winslet is a cop in small-town America investigating a murder. Some great characters and top-notch acting.

I read somewhere...Kate Winslet playing a grandmother. Feeling bad about perving on her and Saoirse.

On a recommendation here, I gave Bosch (Amazon) another go. Didn’t take to it initially - maverick Tec, loves jazz, thinks more about victims than politics - but it’s really grown on me.
[Post edited 12 May 2021 23:07]
Half decent tv on 13:56 - May 13 with 4475 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I have just cried laughing watching this review.

Half decent tv on 00:29 - May 14 with 4397 viewsGaryT

Half decent tv on 23:37 - Apr 17 by MrSheen

Watched it last night. I'm actually surprised this sort of thing doesn't happen more often. I'm sure corners are cut to increase profits in the majority of multi nationals so just swap diluted disinfectants for any mass produced product and there'll be a negative knock on effect. Greece had/has a big problem with 'cash under the counter' for services so, like Romania, I'm sure someone could come up with a similar story there of corruption across the board.

The documentary ended a bit abruptly so I think there's room for a follow up if they have the will and the courage to do it (whilst managing the threats to their families). One important message that stood out was the need for proper investigative journalism as that's all that stands between us and those in power. Beware of anyone trying to undermine, discredit or imply that the journalists serve no purpose or that they are the purveyors of lies or fake news, you know, that sort of thing. So if you hear anything like that it should be a giant fooking red flag that someone wants to hide what they are really up to from the public so keep your ears peeled.
Half decent tv on 09:10 - May 16 with 4221 viewsRanger_Things

Snowfall series 4 now on iPlayer.
Half decent tv on 10:30 - May 16 with 4185 viewsMrSheen

Half decent tv on 00:29 - May 14 by GaryT

Watched it last night. I'm actually surprised this sort of thing doesn't happen more often. I'm sure corners are cut to increase profits in the majority of multi nationals so just swap diluted disinfectants for any mass produced product and there'll be a negative knock on effect. Greece had/has a big problem with 'cash under the counter' for services so, like Romania, I'm sure someone could come up with a similar story there of corruption across the board.

The documentary ended a bit abruptly so I think there's room for a follow up if they have the will and the courage to do it (whilst managing the threats to their families). One important message that stood out was the need for proper investigative journalism as that's all that stands between us and those in power. Beware of anyone trying to undermine, discredit or imply that the journalists serve no purpose or that they are the purveyors of lies or fake news, you know, that sort of thing. So if you hear anything like that it should be a giant fooking red flag that someone wants to hide what they are really up to from the public so keep your ears peeled.

I really don’t think a multinational would dare do this, as they could be sued in their home country for bazillions. This company was a local start-up, with intimate connections to the ruling Social Democratic Party (Ceauscescu old boys), no doubt taking a rake-off from his contracts for party funds, who then bumped him off when he was embarrassing them.

You can see it when the Mayor of Bucharest gets offended about the minister sending people out of the country for treatment, patriotism to cover the leaking of funds from their system and two fingers to the people.
[Post edited 16 May 2021 10:38]
Half decent tv on 12:10 - May 31 with 3945 viewsRanger_Things

Borat's American Lockdown on Amazon. Funny but terrifying.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024