Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Half decent tv 06:36 - Apr 29 with 558597 viewsLadbrokeR

I watched the last episode of line of duty and thought that was good. Undercover has finally grabbed by attention. I quite like some of the investigative programmes Stacey Dooley does. However I can't wait for the next series of people just do nothing.
Half decent tv on 15:43 - Jan 12 with 7869 viewsisawqpratwcity

Half decent tv on 15:32 - Jan 12 by paulparker

Dexter was very good and very original unfortunately after season 4 its as stale as one of Mrs P's sarnies
going to give EL chapo a whirl this weekend

I can't argue with that without giving massive spoilers so I'll just reserve my disagreement.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Half decent tv on 09:40 - Jan 24 with 7700 viewseasthertsr

I know I'm always banging on about it but did anyone see last night's Inside Number 9? Wow just plain wow Truly astonishing !
Half decent tv on 09:46 - Jan 24 with 7687 viewsFDC

Half decent tv on 09:40 - Jan 24 by easthertsr

I know I'm always banging on about it but did anyone see last night's Inside Number 9? Wow just plain wow Truly astonishing !

No net yet so no spoilers!

Not sure if already mentioned but I'm really into Dark on Netflix at the moment. German drama, time-travel, supernatural trimmings, but also quite grounded with believable characters. Pretty hard to follow at first, especially since it's subtitled, but stick with it.

Also quite enjoyed End of The F***ing World over the weekend. Eight 20 minute episodes, based on a graphic novel and the score is curated by Graham Coxon from Blur. It's got a 90s Indie film vibe that will probably rub some people up the wrong way, but there's a depth to it too once you get past the initial set up.

[Post edited 24 Jan 2018 10:08]
Half decent tv on 10:23 - Jan 24 with 7642 viewsbob566

Half decent tv on 09:46 - Jan 24 by FDC

No net yet so no spoilers!

Not sure if already mentioned but I'm really into Dark on Netflix at the moment. German drama, time-travel, supernatural trimmings, but also quite grounded with believable characters. Pretty hard to follow at first, especially since it's subtitled, but stick with it.

Also quite enjoyed End of The F***ing World over the weekend. Eight 20 minute episodes, based on a graphic novel and the score is curated by Graham Coxon from Blur. It's got a 90s Indie film vibe that will probably rub some people up the wrong way, but there's a depth to it too once you get past the initial set up.

[Post edited 24 Jan 2018 10:08]

dark is excellent but f*** me the last couple of episodes you need to have the brains of Einstein to figure it all out. I'm watching rotten. 6 episode documentary on the food industry. Its ok.
Half decent tv on 10:44 - Jan 24 with 7625 views2Thomas2Bowles

With little to find worth watching of late been bingeing on Deadwood as forementioned

From a simple dialogue of " cocksucker" a million and a half times to long Shakespearean over-elaboration of deeds and plans... it's pretty good
Just starting season 2

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Half decent tv on 11:17 - Jan 24 with 7598 viewsE17hoop

Half decent tv on 09:40 - Jan 24 by easthertsr

This series has been outstanding. Last week was superb and last night's was compelling and quite quite brilliant.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

Half decent tv on 23:38 - Feb 3 with 7434 viewsMrSheen

Spiral 6 just finished on BBC4. Better than ever. An outstanding cop show.
Half decent tv on 23:43 - Feb 3 with 7433 viewsFDC

Finished Dark (netflix) last night. Last scene notwithstanding it's some of the most original and well-made TV i've seen for years
Login to get fewer ads

Half decent tv on 00:07 - Feb 4 with 7421 viewsFDC

Half decent tv on 10:23 - Jan 24 by bob566

dark is excellent but f*** me the last couple of episodes you need to have the brains of Einstein to figure it all out. I'm watching rotten. 6 episode documentary on the food industry. Its ok.

Could definitely have done with some kind of map linking faces to characters across the different eras - a bit like the police and Noah had I suppose.
Half decent tv on 23:08 - Feb 14 with 7243 viewsLblock

McMafia was excellent TV

Hard Sun was a bit......mmmmmmmm. I couldn’t help laughing when watching it as Agnyus whatever her name is, was an absolute ringer for my Old Assistant. I sent him a WhatsApp as he’d not seen it and he’s vowed to grow a beard

I’m liking the look of this Save Me due on Sky (scum) Atlantic very soon. From the makers of Line of Duty and main man in it a fine British actor instantly recognisable from Snatch (I don’t know his name but I always call him Lenny!!!)

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Half decent tv on 23:30 - Feb 14 with 7225 viewsFDC

Currently bingeing on Deutschland 83 from a few years back. Bloke from east Germany undercover in West Germany. Right good.
Half decent tv on 08:13 - Feb 15 with 7121 viewsEsox_Lucius

Altered Carbon on Netflix is worth a look.

The grass is always greener.

Half decent tv on 09:50 - Feb 15 with 7074 viewstoboboly

Just finished Ash v Evil Dead season 2. If you like Bruce Campbell then these are great, over the top gore and a crazy story line that you don't need to follow.

Also finished American Vandal. A parody of the making a murderer type shows but about a penis drawing graffiti artist. Ok not amazing.

Just finishing season 1 of Narcos, not sure I will do season 2, it is good but hasn't grabbed me.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Half decent tv on 09:55 - Feb 15 with 7069 viewspaulparker

Half decent tv on 09:50 - Feb 15 by toboboly

Just finished Ash v Evil Dead season 2. If you like Bruce Campbell then these are great, over the top gore and a crazy story line that you don't need to follow.

Also finished American Vandal. A parody of the making a murderer type shows but about a penis drawing graffiti artist. Ok not amazing.

Just finishing season 1 of Narcos, not sure I will do season 2, it is good but hasn't grabbed me.

Season 2 and 3 of Narcos are brilliant so stick with it as it kicks off in all directions , season one is hard work I grant you but there are some good characters to come yet

just watched season 1 of man in the high castle , got to say I thought it was brilliant

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Half decent tv on 19:02 - Feb 15 with 6951 viewsLadbrokeR

Half decent tv on 23:08 - Feb 14 by Lblock

McMafia was excellent TV

Hard Sun was a bit......mmmmmmmm. I couldn’t help laughing when watching it as Agnyus whatever her name is, was an absolute ringer for my Old Assistant. I sent him a WhatsApp as he’d not seen it and he’s vowed to grow a beard

I’m liking the look of this Save Me due on Sky (scum) Atlantic very soon. From the makers of Line of Duty and main man in it a fine British actor instantly recognisable from Snatch (I don’t know his name but I always call him Lenny!!!)

I thought mcmafia pulled itself around. I liked the dad was his name dimitri he didn’t go anywhere without a water bottle full of vodka. Not sure if Alex was really gangster material but that’s the point.
Half decent tv on 19:05 - Feb 15 with 6946 viewsLadbrokeR

Has anybody seen any decent investigative programmes with Stacey Dooley lately
Half decent tv on 19:18 - Feb 15 with 6942 viewsLblock

Half decent tv on 19:05 - Feb 15 by LadbrokeR

Has anybody seen any decent investigative programmes with Stacey Dooley lately

Like... literally...no, I haven't.

Read an interview with her in The Metro a few weeks back and strangely every word in my head that I read was her voice.
So she's even annoying me in print.

However, all said and done.........yes........ I would.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Half decent tv on 10:33 - Feb 16 with 6851 viewsisawqpratwcity

I thought McMafia was good but not great. The stuff about shifting money and drugs around was decent and the central character had a nice trajectory, somewhat similar to WW in Breaking Bad. I guess what I didn't like was the strangely British anaemic feel the program had, doubtless deliberate to show his privileged British education and ethics and how far he gets from there.

Just finished season 5 of Vikings. Bloody good program, really great characters and stories and visually marvellous.

Just finished season 2 of Chance with Hugh Laurie. Season 1 was good and 2 is better. Ethan Suplee does a nice threatening monotone. Recommended for vigilante enthusiasts.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Half decent tv on 12:23 - Feb 16 with 6812 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Half decent tv on 10:33 - Feb 16 by isawqpratwcity

I thought McMafia was good but not great. The stuff about shifting money and drugs around was decent and the central character had a nice trajectory, somewhat similar to WW in Breaking Bad. I guess what I didn't like was the strangely British anaemic feel the program had, doubtless deliberate to show his privileged British education and ethics and how far he gets from there.

Just finished season 5 of Vikings. Bloody good program, really great characters and stories and visually marvellous.

Just finished season 2 of Chance with Hugh Laurie. Season 1 was good and 2 is better. Ethan Suplee does a nice threatening monotone. Recommended for vigilante enthusiasts.

I quite enjoyed Requiem on BBC. Finished watching during the week on iPlayer. Kept me interested right to the end which is unusual for me.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Half decent tv on 13:59 - Feb 16 with 6735 viewsenfieldargh

Rattled though latest season of black Sails on Netflix although it seems to have disappeared from the listings

continues to deliver, great stuff, great action

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Half decent tv on 17:36 - Feb 16 with 6670 viewsR_from_afar

Half decent tv on 23:08 - Feb 14 by Lblock

McMafia was excellent TV

Good call re. McMafia!
RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Half decent tv on 21:29 - Feb 16 with 6596 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Half decent tv on 23:38 - Feb 3 by MrSheen

Spiral 6 just finished on BBC4. Better than ever. An outstanding cop show.

Ageed.

Never stale superb show.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Half decent tv on 23:55 - Feb 16 with 6561 viewseasthertsr

Gommora on Sky Atlantic is really.worth a look!
Half decent tv on 19:40 - Feb 25 with 6375 viewsFDC

In a bizarre twist everything I watch these days seems to be in German with subtitles: Dark (brilliant), Deutschland 83 (brilliant), and most recently Babylon Berlin (also brilliant). Currently watching The Young Karl Marx, also German with subtitles and also brilliant.
Half decent tv on 21:20 - Feb 25 with 6320 viewsLadbrokeR

I quite like collateral another TV drama.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024