Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Half decent tv 06:36 - Apr 29 with 558193 viewsLadbrokeR

I watched the last episode of line of duty and thought that was good. Undercover has finally grabbed by attention. I quite like some of the investigative programmes Stacey Dooley does. However I can't wait for the next series of people just do nothing.
Half decent tv on 20:49 - Mar 28 with 6815 viewsHantsR

Half decent tv on 17:41 - Mar 12 by BrianMcCarthy

Anyone watched 'Black Earth Rising' yet. Looks promising to me.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Earth_Rising

Only just seen this post. Yes we watched it and enjoyed it, especially the Leonard Cohen intro. Have to say we had to work hard at times to understand the various nuances but it was worth the effort.
Half decent tv on 20:56 - Mar 28 with 6803 viewsHantsR

I know it's been discussed at great length on this forum and possibly even this thread, so apologies but I've recently gained access to Netflix and Amazon Prime and have got absolutely and very belatedly hooked on Breaking Bad. Compulsive viewing, great script, acting, photography, everything. On films I loved the ballad of Buster Scaggs and Roma.
Half decent tv on 21:39 - Mar 28 with 6774 viewsNed_Kennedys

Its been on the wane for a little while now but this week's Walking Dead was intense, especially as I don't read the comics so wasn't expecting the cast cull to take place.
Half decent tv on 11:09 - Mar 31 with 6641 viewsE17hoop

Fleabag is a smart comedy.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

Half decent tv on 19:23 - Mar 31 with 6587 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Half decent tv on 11:09 - Mar 31 by E17hoop

Always meant to check that one, E17. Thanks for the reminder.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Half decent tv on 20:41 - Mar 31 with 6551 viewsjohnhoop

Just watched the whole of a black comedy called “Barry” from a Sky box set and was very impressed indeed. At only eight half hour episodes it was over far too quickly but I thought it was brilliantly scripted and highly enjoyable.
Half decent tv on 21:43 - Mar 31 with 6516 viewsonlyrinmoray

Half decent tv on 12:08 - Dec 4 by simmo

I have been talking it up, along with a few others on here.

Same as you I found some parts a little slow and too deliberate, but now I love those parts. I said before on this thread that it's the best thing on TV when it's running, primarily because Bob Odenkirk and Rhea Seehorn are both absolutely incredible. The knowledge of and appreciation of Breaking Bad is a bonus, especially in later seasons.

Im on Series 4 its fantastic, agree with everything you said Its got two different stories Jimmy and Kim and the Drugs organisation with the scary Gus, plus the brilliantly droll Mike
Half decent tv on 21:45 - Mar 31 with 6514 viewsnix

Half decent tv on 11:09 - Mar 31 by E17hoop

Love Fleabag. Olivia Colman is a triumph of passive aggression.

Did you know Phoebe Waller-Bridge also wrote Killing Eve. She's very talented.
Login to get fewer ads

Half decent tv on 22:27 - Apr 3 with 6387 viewsenfieldargh

Hannah season one of Prime

Gripping, fast moving all action, binged 1-5 today

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Half decent tv on 09:47 - Apr 6 with 6268 viewsToast_R

Just watched The Dirt on Netflix, superb film.
Half decent tv on 21:42 - Apr 9 with 6170 viewsGaryT

Half decent tv on 21:45 - Mar 31 by nix

Love Fleabag. Olivia Colman is a triumph of passive aggression.

Did you know Phoebe Waller-Bridge also wrote Killing Eve. She's very talented.

Another Fleabag fan here. Not to not pick but Phoebe Waller-Bridge is down as one of the three executive producers and elswhere on IMDB as Creater but yes, talented lady.

If you like Fleabag, Pure should also be on your shortlist. Less comedy and more drama but still quality. Further down the food chain, if you are or have kids that are gamers, Dead Pixels is fun.
[Post edited 10 Apr 2019 6:57]
Half decent tv on 05:49 - Apr 10 with 6120 viewsOutWestR

Half decent tv on 21:42 - Apr 9 by GaryT

Another Fleabag fan here. Not to not pick but Phoebe Waller-Bridge is down as one of the three executive producers and elswhere on IMDB as Creater but yes, talented lady.

If you like Fleabag, Pure should also be on your shortlist. Less comedy and more drama but still quality. Further down the food chain, if you are or have kids that are gamers, Dead Pixels is fun.
[Post edited 10 Apr 2019 6:57]

Killing Eve is based on novels by Luke Jennings, I think she developed it for tv.

Thought the whole second series of Fleabag was excellent, nicely ended and that’s the lot, no third series.
Half decent tv on 08:15 - Apr 10 with 6077 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Quite enjoying series 2 of Star Trek 'Discovery' the whole two series are in the 'Wrath of Khan' mould rather than the 'Next Generation' no one dies PC bollox.

It's not as good as the Expanse. Anson Mount plays Captain Pike (remember him?) every time he's in shot I hear 'The Swede' going "auuuuggh Mr Bohannon"

PS Dorse you were right about the Expanse books.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Half decent tv on 11:36 - Apr 11 with 5952 viewssimmo

Half decent tv on 09:47 - Apr 6 by Toast_R

Just watched The Dirt on Netflix, superb film.

I thought it was shit myself. Could have been great and no doubt the book is great, but this was really disappointing for me. Badly put together, unnecessary scenes, poor acting, etc. Enjoyed the ending though.

A guy at my work raved about it so maybe my expectations were too high.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Half decent tv on 11:43 - Apr 11 with 5941 viewsMick_S

I really enjoyed Baptiste and especially the performance by Tcheky Karyo. There, I've said it.
[Post edited 11 Apr 2019 12:33]

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Half decent tv on 12:32 - Apr 11 with 5913 viewsPommyhoop

Half decent tv on 19:11 - Mar 27 by hubble

On a completely different tip from my last recommendation - one of my all time favourite TV drama series is back in May. Absolutely love Animal Kingdom..

Highly recommend the Aussie film this series is based on. The film also called” Animal Kingdom is loosely based on a mad Melbourne criminal family

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Half decent tv on 12:48 - Apr 11 with 5880 viewsTheChef

Half decent tv on 19:23 - Mar 31 by BrianMcCarthy

Always meant to check that one, E17. Thanks for the reminder.

Catastrophe also tends to be funny. Helped by the fact it has the gorgeous Sharon Horgan in it.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Half decent tv on 13:10 - Apr 11 with 5858 viewsMrSheen

Animal Kingdom! I’m all out of love...
Half decent tv on 14:47 - Apr 11 with 5807 viewsFDC

Half watched the first part of The Victim whilst the missus had it on on Tuesday and surprised myself by getting in to it. Good performances throughout, and engaging moral ambiguity at the heart of it. We both called the twist in last night's episode, but entertaining none-the-less. Last part tonight.

I was a big advocate for the first series of Fleabag, and was glad S2 took off like it did. Excellent final episode, the final scene in the bus-shelter was great TV.

New series of Killing Eve started this week I think, looking forward to getting back in to that. Ah, Jodie.
Half decent tv on 15:38 - Apr 11 with 5762 viewsToast_R

Half decent tv on 11:36 - Apr 11 by simmo

I thought it was shit myself. Could have been great and no doubt the book is great, but this was really disappointing for me. Badly put together, unnecessary scenes, poor acting, etc. Enjoyed the ending though.

A guy at my work raved about it so maybe my expectations were too high.

Interesting, I have just purchased the book so will get round to reading it soon.

I just enjoyed the comedy aspect of it, Mick Mars panning Tommy Lee's suite 19 band just because they had a shi*ty name and the dude in the auditions who was just not up to it but believes he's the next best thing, that's it all pretty real stuff to me and I found it really was funny. it's Netflix so has to have a more wider appeal for a budget I guess. I'd never heard of any of the actors except the dude who plays Ramsey Bolton. For me it worked reasonably well for a 90 minute movie. It's wasn't too heavy in the OD scenes or the Hanoi Rocks incident. I have heard from my brother who has read the book that the Ozzy scene didn't quite play out like that but the sh*t he was doing was pretty much true to form.

Plus, Motley Crue are one of those bands I haven't paid much attention to since the early 90s but having watched that, I've been going through their albums on Spotiy and forgotten how unbelievably good they are. The Dr Feelgood album had some serious production behind it, the sound they recorded really was and still is second to none and I'm sure I read somewhere is where Metalica got their inspiration from for their Black Album. Probably the same producers.
[Post edited 11 Apr 2019 15:46]
Half decent tv on 15:43 - Apr 11 with 5756 viewssimmo

Half decent tv on 15:38 - Apr 11 by Toast_R

Interesting, I have just purchased the book so will get round to reading it soon.

I just enjoyed the comedy aspect of it, Mick Mars panning Tommy Lee's suite 19 band just because they had a shi*ty name and the dude in the auditions who was just not up to it but believes he's the next best thing, that's it all pretty real stuff to me and I found it really was funny. it's Netflix so has to have a more wider appeal for a budget I guess. I'd never heard of any of the actors except the dude who plays Ramsey Bolton. For me it worked reasonably well for a 90 minute movie. It's wasn't too heavy in the OD scenes or the Hanoi Rocks incident. I have heard from my brother who has read the book that the Ozzy scene didn't quite play out like that but the sh*t he was doing was pretty much true to form.

Plus, Motley Crue are one of those bands I haven't paid much attention to since the early 90s but having watched that, I've been going through their albums on Spotiy and forgotten how unbelievably good they are. The Dr Feelgood album had some serious production behind it, the sound they recorded really was and still is second to none and I'm sure I read somewhere is where Metalica got their inspiration from for their Black Album. Probably the same producers.
[Post edited 11 Apr 2019 15:46]

The Ozzy scene is the one thing that I really thought was forced / shoehorned in, like they were trying so hard to show how crazy and wild things were that they made sure that was in there, when it didn't really feel necessary. I get what you mean though and some parts did make me laugh.

The guy that plays Tommy Lee is actually Machine Gun Kelly, a rapper who most recently was in a public 'beef' with Eminem. I don't know of any acting he did before this but he seemed to do quite well. I wasn't sold on anyones performance though really, except the lead singer.

Maybe if I watched it again with othr people and a bit pissed, I might rate it more

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Half decent tv on 15:44 - Apr 11 with 5756 viewsDorse

Half decent tv on 08:15 - Apr 10 by Metallica_Hoop

Quite enjoying series 2 of Star Trek 'Discovery' the whole two series are in the 'Wrath of Khan' mould rather than the 'Next Generation' no one dies PC bollox.

It's not as good as the Expanse. Anson Mount plays Captain Pike (remember him?) every time he's in shot I hear 'The Swede' going "auuuuggh Mr Bohannon"

PS Dorse you were right about the Expanse books.

I deeply cheesed off that I finished them so fast. Especially as the Book 8 (seriously) isn't out yet. Frankly, I'm just going to read them all over again.

Donkeyballs.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Half decent tv on 15:49 - Apr 11 with 5747 viewsToast_R

Half decent tv on 15:43 - Apr 11 by simmo

The Ozzy scene is the one thing that I really thought was forced / shoehorned in, like they were trying so hard to show how crazy and wild things were that they made sure that was in there, when it didn't really feel necessary. I get what you mean though and some parts did make me laugh.

The guy that plays Tommy Lee is actually Machine Gun Kelly, a rapper who most recently was in a public 'beef' with Eminem. I don't know of any acting he did before this but he seemed to do quite well. I wasn't sold on anyones performance though really, except the lead singer.

Maybe if I watched it again with othr people and a bit pissed, I might rate it more

I agree with the Ozzy scene, there's no doubt a big chunk of the book written about the tour they shared in the 80s and the crazy stupid things they did but in the film it did kind of feel like an Inbetweeners scene.
Half decent tv on 15:51 - Apr 11 with 5745 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Half decent tv on 15:44 - Apr 11 by Dorse

I deeply cheesed off that I finished them so fast. Especially as the Book 8 (seriously) isn't out yet. Frankly, I'm just going to read them all over again.

Donkeyballs.

I assume that contractual reasons have prevented BBC from showing Killing Eve series two at the same time as BBC America, nonetheless having picked up S2 E01, I can assure you all that it reaches the standards of S1
[Post edited 11 Apr 2019 18:39]
Half decent tv on 12:26 - Apr 29 with 5603 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I watched a three episodes of 'The Nightflyers' last night.

I'm really enjoying it. It seems to be a bit 'Event Horizon' meets Danny Boyle's 'Sunshine'.

I think it's been pulled sadly.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024