Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Half decent tv 06:36 - Apr 29 with 562877 viewsLadbrokeR

I watched the last episode of line of duty and thought that was good. Undercover has finally grabbed by attention. I quite like some of the investigative programmes Stacey Dooley does. However I can't wait for the next series of people just do nothing.
Half decent tv on 16:40 - Nov 23 with 4902 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Half decent tv on 09:21 - Nov 22 by E17hoop

I 'know' it'll have been mentioned here before but I started watching Succession because of the noise people kept making about it. It's bloody good as well - still on S1 and taking my time with it. It's very rich.

I am about to have a month off work.

Is this genuinely worth the hype?
Half decent tv on 16:44 - Nov 23 with 4889 viewsTheChef

Half decent tv on 16:40 - Nov 23 by BazzaInTheLoft

Mrs Chef complains that none of the characters are likeable. Which arguably is true.

But it's well crafted and well acted with some genuinely funny characters and moments too.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Half decent tv on 16:49 - Nov 23 with 4884 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Half decent tv on 16:44 - Nov 23 by TheChef

Mrs Chef complains that none of the characters are likeable. Which arguably is true.

But it's well crafted and well acted with some genuinely funny characters and moments too.

I had a season ticket throughout both Premiership seasons, I can handle hours and hours until of unlikeable characters 😆

Cheers for recommendation.
Half decent tv on 16:55 - Nov 23 with 4871 viewsMrSheen

It doesn't take any time at all to build, so if you don't like the first episode, it won't pay you to stick with it...but you probably will.
Half decent tv on 17:12 - Nov 23 with 4836 viewsPunteR

Squid game.
Has this been mentioned.?
I didn't really find it an enjoyable watch and i guessed the plot twist very early on but found myself doing binge sessions while also bingeing on jaffa cakes.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Half decent tv on 17:16 - Nov 23 with 4827 viewsstevec

Half decent tv on 16:49 - Nov 23 by BazzaInTheLoft

I had a season ticket throughout both Premiership seasons, I can handle hours and hours until of unlikeable characters 😆

Cheers for recommendation.

It’s all about capitalism and the lengths people will go for money and power.

You’ll love it.
Half decent tv on 18:17 - Nov 23 with 4801 viewsRanger_Things

Half decent tv on 17:12 - Nov 23 by PunteR

Squid game.
I didn't really find it an enjoyable watch and i guessed the plot twist very early on but found myself doing binge sessions while also bingeing on jaffa cakes.

I can see why some may have been disappointed after all the hype. I really enjoyed it even after guessing the twist, but I’m quite into Korean TV/movies.
Half decent tv on 18:30 - Nov 23 with 4781 viewsdistortR

Half decent tv on 17:12 - Nov 23 by PunteR

Squid game.

ffs
Login to get fewer ads

Half decent tv on 21:36 - Nov 23 with 4664 viewsPunteR

Half decent tv on 18:30 - Nov 23 by distortR

ffs

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Half decent tv on 00:40 - Nov 24 with 4618 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Half decent tv on 16:55 - Nov 23 by MrSheen

It doesn't take any time at all to build, so if you don't like the first episode, it won't pay you to stick with it...but you probably will.

Have started this, looks good. Defo get the point that there are no likeable characters.

Clearly a mix of the Trump and Murdoch families that have provided the inspiration!
Half decent tv on 08:22 - Nov 24 with 4530 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Half decent tv on 00:40 - Nov 24 by BazzaInTheLoft

Have started this, looks good. Defo get the point that there are no likeable characters.

Clearly a mix of the Trump and Murdoch families that have provided the inspiration!

I'm in the other camp to you on this one, Bazz. I watched a couple of episodes and hated all of the characters.

I can't warm to any programme or film unless I empathise with at least some of the characters. I abandoned it.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Half decent tv on 08:40 - Nov 24 with 4525 viewsRs_Holy

yes
Half decent tv on 08:55 - Nov 24 with 4502 viewsPhildo

Half decent tv on 00:40 - Nov 24 by BazzaInTheLoft

There are lots of crossovers with the thick of it in terms of writing and it shows. They are indeed all horrible. There are loads of hidden jokes as well like the scrolling headlines on the fox news substitute that they own. It is very funny and very dark.
Half decent tv on 11:21 - Nov 24 with 4440 viewsBucksRanger

I'm going to go against the majority on this one. My son is watching it and I'm being infected with this tedious drivel by osmosis. It's been a long time since I've seen or heard anything quite so awful as Succession.
Half decent tv on 12:28 - Nov 24 with 4426 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Half decent tv on 08:55 - Nov 24 by Phildo

There are lots of crossovers with the thick of it in terms of writing and it shows. They are indeed all horrible. There are loads of hidden jokes as well like the scrolling headlines on the fox news substitute that they own. It is very funny and very dark.

Yeah, now you mention it does seem to have that feel.

Brian Cox is class btw.
Half decent tv on 12:37 - Nov 24 with 4415 viewsMrSheen

Half decent tv on 12:28 - Nov 24 by BazzaInTheLoft

Yeah, now you mention it does seem to have that feel.

Brian Cox is class btw.

Hard to believe that someone can go from being half of the writing team on a C4 sitcom about shabby losers in Croydon (Peep Show) to sole show-runner of a mega-budget HBO blockbuster on the global overclass. What they have in common is the depiction of cruelty, embarrassment and humiliation - hard to watch at times, difficult to understand individual motivation and certainly far-fetched, but brilliant dark entertainment, writing and acting just amazing - as was Peep Show, to be fair.
Half decent tv on 12:58 - Nov 24 with 4392 viewsTheChef

Half decent tv on 08:22 - Nov 24 by BrianMcCarthy

I'm in the other camp to you on this one, Bazz. I watched a couple of episodes and hated all of the characters.

I can't warm to any programme or film unless I empathise with at least some of the characters. I abandoned it.

Are you my wife, Brian?

Half decent tv on 12:59 - Nov 24 with 4385 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Half decent tv on 16:44 - Nov 23 by TheChef

I think that is spot on. They are all pretty horrible but I really enjoyed the first series and am looking forward to watching more.
Half decent tv on 13:00 - Nov 24 with 4385 viewsTheChef

Half decent tv on 12:37 - Nov 24 by MrSheen

Hard to believe that someone can go from being half of the writing team on a C4 sitcom about shabby losers in Croydon (Peep Show) to sole show-runner of a mega-budget HBO blockbuster on the global overclass. What they have in common is the depiction of cruelty, embarrassment and humiliation - hard to watch at times, difficult to understand individual motivation and certainly far-fetched, but brilliant dark entertainment, writing and acting just amazing - as was Peep Show, to be fair.

Ha yes true - both shows show how awful humans can be. Obviously the settings are a little bit different!

Half decent tv on 21:02 - Nov 30 with 4175 viewsRanger_Things

Bit late to the party on this but 4 Hours at the Capitol. Definitely an eye opener. https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0010tff
Half decent tv on 21:33 - Nov 30 with 4128 viewsOutWestR

Half decent tv on 12:59 - Nov 24 by CroydonCaptJack

I think that is spot on. They are all pretty horrible but I really enjoyed the first series and am looking forward to watching more.

I really struggled with the first season for this reason, but I was told to stick with it, which I’m glad I did. Season two was much better and the current one is excellent, the writing continues to get better. Genuine laugh out loud moments. For me it’s the best thing on at the moment.
Half decent tv on 08:29 - Dec 1 with 4022 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I've almost finished 'The Terror' on Iplayer AMC make some good shit.

Most of it true to what we know what happened. (no one knows for sure so the supernatural stuff may be true!)

Makes me feel like I'm in the 1840's Arctic.

Weird to think they had canned food 175 years ago.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Half decent tv on 09:09 - Dec 1 with 4012 viewsLythamR

Half decent tv on 08:29 - Dec 1 by Metallica_Hoop

Most of it true to what we know what happened. (no one knows for sure so the supernatural stuff may be true!)

Killer canned food at that!

I had really looked forward to it, i thought the supernatural element was a bit over the top but but did fall in with the beliefs of the indigenous people they ran into so not too upset.

The attention to detail was really good and it does get across the misery and fear those crews will have suffered.
Half decent tv on 21:37 - Dec 11 with 3750 viewsRanger_Things

Half decent tv on 08:29 - Dec 1 by Metallica_Hoop

I enjoyed The Terror.

Season 6 of The Expanse started on Amazon. Also S4 Goliath.
Half decent tv on 20:23 - Dec 19 with 3509 viewsR_from_afar

"The Last Mountain" is available via the iPlayer. It is the fascinating yet tragic tale of a mother and her son who were two of the world's greatest climbers. I found it gripping.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024